Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino Employee Reviews

A wonderful team
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great people to work for. Great benefits and pay. My manager was awesome and they worked with me on my schedule. I am glad I had the opportunity to work for them.
Potential for Greatness.
Slot Supervisor/ High Limit Concierge (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 17, 2017
It is a great facility in a great location. It is convenient right off the 41 freeway with plenty of restaurants to choose from. The benefits are pretty good but the management is lacking.
Productive and fun place to work
Central Service Representative - 1 year (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 25, 2015
All in all a fun place to work. Can get pretty busy from time to time and you don't get holidays off but is expected from a casino job. Supportive superiors along with free food and benefits makes it all worth it.
Pros
Free food and great benefits
Cons
Can be pretty busy from time to time
Flexible Work Schedule
Slot Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJuly 7, 2015
Management are willing to work with their employees on their personal schedule. This company has excellent work benefits and has truly made it an experience to work for. While working with this company, they have really taken care of my family and I. The relationships I developed while working here are certainly lifelong experience.
Productive and fun workplace
To guard (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAApril 10, 2015
Provide safety and protection to the company asset, employee, and customer.Look out for suspicious activities and unusual odor smell. Able to answer customer question as best of your knowledge and used radio communication. To guard and secure premises and foot patrol. Enforce rule and regulation.Dispatch and control desk.
Great place, awesome people, memorable experience
Casino Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Getting to work was a highlight of the day. The guests were great as well as the management team. Everyone that I worked with had a special something about them. When it was all put together, we had an awesome team and it was recognized daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help guests when they thought that there was nothing that could be done about a certain situation that they might be in regarding payouts, etc.
Pros
Paid lunches, 401 K match, good benefits, exciting atmosphere
Cons
Cant think of any
Benefits Great
Casino Investigator (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CADecember 21, 2014
everyone was very helpful anytime you needed help you were abl eto ask for it and get help
Fast paced environment that focused on customer service
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CANovember 28, 2014
It was an interesting job where I got to interact with various types of personalities daily. I learned how to be more outgoing and ambitious in things I believed in.
A great place to learn how to prepare great food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 8, 2014
Open up the buffet to be ready to serve from 100 to 2500 people in a work day. How to get ready in a very short time to be able to prepare enough food to serve an unknown amount of people. How to cook different types of foods in a unique way. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. Not having enough product at time to open up the buffet but able to find something to replace it. Opening up the Casino's buffet for the first time was a great part of my job. It was really all a very learning opportunity.
Pros
got your break on time and had the opportunity to take lunch in an employee break room
Cons
great insurance for an individual with a dependant child.
Great location and wonderful co-workers
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work is arriving on time, counting in my bank, work quickly and efficiently on high volume days, applying my customer service skills to internal/external guests, and making sure to balance everyday.

Being at Chukchansi for 4+ years has helped improve my guest service in such ways as:
-Getting to know the guests on a first name basis
-Applying Title 31 and following procedures
-Recreate and replenishing banks for casino venues

Management at Chukchansi can vary wherever you are, but personally I feel that they try their best to do what they can to make the day a successful one.

I love my co-workers. The casino has many departments that depend on the cage personnel. Somedays it can be rougher than others, but I try to stay positive to keep the synergy flowing through other team members.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset guests who are losing their money, but I never let it discourage me because its gambling.

The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with all my guests (where they are internal or external). I like being able to hold a conversation-whether its 30 seconds or a minute. Being able to have a satisfied customer leave my window is a success in itself.
Pros
Free Lunches, great people, free benefits*
fun job but lazy management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Fun place to work with a free meal daily.
Management there for Security is a joke! They do not take anything you need seriously. They blame you for thier mistakes. I like working there with my co-workers but the management make it difficult to enjoy daily activities on the job. Very lazy and closed minded management. Not all supervisors are like this only the "higher-ups" if you will.
Pros
free first meal, then $2 after per day, fun job
Cons
management is slow and very unprofessional; too far away from home
Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Working at Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino, was a great place to work at. The staff was great and the department of (TGC) was an out standing, Management and Supervisor's was always there if needed and always supported the department of Tribal Gaming Commissioners. Everyday i learned something new i was sent to alot of trainng class that help me everyday i work at Chukchansi.I think there was nothing hard about being a Compliance Officer i injoyed the inspection,investigations,interviews, and all the Slot work and software that was done on a day to day basics. The only bad thing about being an Compliance Officer was being a Traibal Member all eye's was on you at all times and due to the Tribe disagreements it has it affects on the Tribal Members and the Casino staff.
Fun and Work rolled into one
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAAugust 14, 2013
I learned intense hotel operations, the experience was great.

Co-workers were great, everyone was just great.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with the wild life, other than that it was great.
Pros
Nature after work was breath taking
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
Public Branch Operator (Former Employee) –  coarsegold caApril 17, 2013
I loved working at the casino. As soon as i arrived at work it was straight to the phones in which i love. I stayed busy at all times while on the clock working hand in hand with guest relations and providing customer service. It was awesome! The management was great because they always wanted to teach new things. Management provided great teaching skills. I didnt find to much to be hard at this job, sometimes the casino call volume was so high it became challenging, but never too much. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide excellent customer service to casino comers. Also, being responsible for complete circulation of casino information was outstanding! I loved working here.
Pros
free lunch, native prefrence, opportunity for advancement
Cons
24 hour casino some shift hours took time to work. ex 330 am-1130am but definately manageable.
clean, fun enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAMarch 3, 2013
- Clock in, go to pre shift to find out whats happening that evening.
- Get my cash register, verify my money,
- call servalience verify where i am headed and proceed to the bar I am stationed at for that day/evening.
- work eight hrs hopefully get my two fifteen min. breaks and a half hr. lunch.
- Management is never around.
- Co-workers are fun. We do our job work as a team.
- Hardest part working here is the rule and regulations policys of the gamming industry. two drinks a hr. no glass ware, no products, management never to be found. so i get alcohol to serve, and no paycheck.
- Most enjoyable part of my job is my customers and the music, and co-workers.
Pros
free health care, 401k, free meal
Cons
no management around, no proper breaks on weekends, no paycheck, tribe fighting constently, and always wondering if i'm gonna get fired.
It was always something different an very interesting
Coarsegold, Ca. Manager-Charlisha Mart (Former Employee) –  Coresgold CAMay 18, 2012
I would come in an count alot of money and then go out to all 3 cages transfers of chips an cash . I love working with the public there r so many interesting people in this world.