CHULA VISTA RESORT Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Wait Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 22, 2016
During my work abroad I learned a lot. I easily get along with my workmates even though we have different cultures. I lettered how to communicate and understand well what customer service especially in food and beverage department is. I become more responsible and I realized that being punctual is more important than being industrious. Show my work mates that I have the eagerness in the job that I am in. Waking up early is just so hard to do, changing schedules from morning shift to night shift too.

Being productive and not complaining at some point that I am commanded by my supervisors. I get the hang of knowing how to reward myself as long as I work hard.
Pros
Free coffee sometimes
Cons
Prefer not to discuss in detail
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 9, 2015
Excessive nepotism, favoritism, random firing without cause of long term employees, no feedback, no annual reviews.
Dirty, depressing work environment, no benefits, no holiday pay, people working there ten years have same vacation time as those there for 2.(5 days) Nearly non-existent pay increases, even when requested with documentation and cause.

Co-workers generally awesome, only there long enough to find something better...often Walmart.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else.
talking phone calls and dealing with tourist
Reservation Agent-Helped (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965November 21, 2016
This is a good summer job and if you live in the area its a great place to work. This is family owned and the owners and siblings are kind and friendly. There is always room for improved and growing with the company
Very disfunctional and negative work environment
GROUP SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIFebruary 22, 2016
Management has a very negative and disfunctional management style. Family owned and there are too many family members working there in management positions, making it difficult for advancement or to make any needed changes.
Cons
Negative work environment, management needs to upgrade their way of doing business
Hard work for small pay
Sports Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 22, 2013
I worked in three positions at Chula Vista Resort,and never had one raise in 4 years. In fact, I was demoted, as was 90% of the full time staff. Benefits could not be affordable. Luckily, my husband had the health insurance.
Pros
1 nite stay for $35 per night in standard (unkempt) room, some small discounts for food or beverages, I also worked in the capacity of Human Resources Assistant and Reservationist
Cons
Demand hours, low pay, no benefits. Had one week of vacation after 4 years and still at a rate of $9.00 per hour
Friendly staff, Family oriented
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wisc Dells, WIApril 25, 2016
This is the kind of job for basically high school students first time job. It is a very enjoyable place to work at. I like working with the public. Since it is a Indoor Water Park, I loved how warm it was inside. I had the honor to work with some diverse group of incredible young people.
Pros
Working with guests
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
A place to gain experiance
Manager (Current Employee) –  WIMarch 26, 2012
Chula Vista is a great place to get experience in any of there various departments. Sadly it is little more then that, a place to gain experience. Wages and benefits are below average at best and the way some staff are treated is very degrading. But if you have tough skin and are fresh out of school it is a great place to as I said before, gain experience, and move on.
Cons
no contribution to health care, low wages, low rewards
decent job but unfriendly environment
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  BakeryMarch 14, 2012
Working here isn't awful but management people skills could be improved. I love being a baker and doing my job but dealing with people here sometimes gets in the way.
Pros
resort discounts, waterpark access
Cons
wage, benefits, no respect
A great place to learn and develope your skills
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 16, 2014
A good place to start your career or even just for a pit stop in between careers
Pros
flexible on hours and multiple departments to work for.
Cons
no health care benifits
Waist of time
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 10, 2012
not much to say: I know people who have worked here for years and have never seen a raise. no real benefits and poor pay. No chance of career advancement.
Was very fun, warming enviorment , easy place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIOctober 9, 2013
The management and co-workers were very friendly, they are easy to work with. Their like a big family, very understanding and willing to work around any type of schedule. I started off as a lifeguard, but eventually was given responsibilities of a supervisor, which were helping and dealing with any guest issues that had happen in the waterpark. The hardest part of the job is leaving, because you adapt to the environment and the people. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to assist the guest, and managers.
Pros
Able to swim for free
Cons
Switching shifts was complicated.
Love the group of individuals I work with!
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJune 16, 2015
I LOVE all of the people I work with on a day to day basis. The only thing I can say about this job that is not ideal is that there isn't a whole lot of room for advancement.
Wonderful place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at Chula Vista is very laid back, with the occasional fast paces environment. I've learned so much more here than at any job! I love the managers and supervisors as well as the rest of the staff! They are warm and inviting and a blast to be around. They make coming to work less dreadful than most places! The hardest part is probably guests that expect more than we can offer them, and the most enjoyable part is probably getting to work with different people from all over to try and accommodate their needs!
Pros
Friendly work environment, nice location, flexible scheduling, rare conflict, ect.
Cons
Pay isn't the greatest
Started as a great place, Then hired terrible managers
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 19, 2014
The people I work under and around are the worst people in the world. They do not care about the company or their employees. The last shift I worked I waited 9 hours before being given a break of any kind, and most of the time I do not get a chance to eat in more than 12-15 hours.

This company is failing from the management. Its sad seeing this as an employee looking to advance.
Cons
Terrible Managers
fun workplace and friendly and local owners
Reservation Agent-Helped (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day at work would include checking messages from the previous shift. Answering inbound and oubound phone calls coming in. Taking reservations and reserving business travel accomidations. I learned that when you take pride and interest in your job it makes it for a better workplace. Helping tourists and letting the potential guests know about the newest room packages and the resorts important new features.
Pros
getting discounts within the company
Cons
managing customer compliants during summer season
Nice Resort
Parks Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells WiscAugust 13, 2015
I made sure the waterpark n outdoor areas were clean n looking good for the guest of our resort to enjoy there stay at resort. I also supervised 6 others n made sure they were accomplishing there work as required for the day n day to day
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Not good insureance
Great co-workers
Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJune 26, 2012
Co-workers are friendly and fun to work with, opportunity to learn about many different cultures. Work your hard and not appreciated.
Pros
employee discounts on alot, co-workers are awesome
Cons
1 break for long shifts, scheduling is messed up, broken english, under-ppreciative, not guaranteed
constant moving and walking through the day
Housekeeper/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 26, 2012
Would walk from one side of the hotel to the other many times a day, would supervise teams, check rooms for cleanliness and quality, and much more. I learned supervisor qualities, i learned schedules, putting teams together, and so much more. Co-workers were good and some needed more training or english lessons. The hardest part was being every where at once. I enjoyed cleaning when needed to and the constant moving.
Pros
exersice good people
Cons
people not understandin english
Love Chula Vista!
Spa Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIOctober 22, 2012
I really enjoyed working for Chula Vista Resort! One of the reasons was that I felt like I was part of the family with the management staff. If I didn't move I would probably still be working there, I enjoyed it that much.

If you want a truly memorable experience, this is the place to work.
Pros
family feeling
never had a good day
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  WIAugust 23, 2012
this was the worst job I have ever had and that it is horrible for me to say I know especially when it is one of the bigger hotel/water park in the area
Pros
nothing
Cons
co-workers, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHULA VISTA RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5