CHULA VISTA RESORT Employee Reviews

Entorno Laboral
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin DellsSeptember 27, 2017
Agradable ambiente laboral.(Entorno responsable,cálido y solidario)
Trabajo en equipo para realizar los objetivos planteados
Pros
Seguro, bonificaciones por desempeño
Cons
Clima
Fun place to work
Wedding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 17, 2017
Fast paced atmosphere. Tons of tourists. Great to help guests if that's your forte! Fun to work here. Great management they work with you if you need time off. Advancement opportunities within the company!!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Healthcare
Regular
Server (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 18, 2017
La preferencia con lo empleados es muy notable... sí fuera poco las horas en este departamento son escasas... Siempre varían y no son suficientes para sobrevivir con solo esté empleo
Pros
No molestan mucho
Poor management
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 11, 2017
Did not work well with employees. Kept most just because they needed them and managers were always yelling at employees. Just not a fun environment to work in. A lot of drama in work envoirnment
Conocimiento en primeros auxilios
Salvavidas (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin DellsAugust 7, 2017
Trabajar como salvavidas trae consigo ventajas como aprender sobre primeros auxilios.
El trato entre los trabajadores era amical.
Al haber contacto directo con los clientes era necesario tener un trato amable hacia ellos. Sobre todo a la hora de romper alguna regla del parque.
Algo que no era muy cómodo para los trabajadores era que al pasar el día, el agua en el parque se volvía más fría.
Los horarios no eran definidos. Cambiaban todas las semanas, pero si alguno tenía planes para viajar, era posible pedir uno días libres con anticipación.
Pros
Conocimiento en primeros auxilios
Cons
Bastante demanda fisica
Large turn over rate and low options for benefits
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin dells, wiJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here until I became pregnant and they switched management. I had a very rough pregnancy and they would refuse breaks which in turn led to quitting.
Pros
fast paced atmosphere
Cons
short to no breaks, little healthcare, poor management
working hard
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 27, 2017
i am hard working and past learning of any work my supervisor and manager like me because of my hard working in my job i have lot experience in chula vista
you will enjoy working here in Chula Vista Resort
Housekeeping (OJT) (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 23, 2017
I would like to say working in Chula Vista Resort is really great. You will meat difference nationality at the same time your going to work with them. Your going to learn a lot of thing in work place. You will learn how to become independent, responsible.
Pros
free accommodation, have a discount in side the resort.
Cons
low salary, short time of work
Ambiente de trabajo nuevo
Salvavidas (Former Employee) –  wisconsin dellsMarch 22, 2017
Es un trabajo que te ayuda a adquirir diferentes puntos de vista respesto a otro pais, te ayuda a conocer diferentes culturas y mejorar tu dominio en el idioma ingles, ademas de tratar con personas con diferentes culturas y pensamientos al tuyo.
Pros
Buen pago, practicar el idioma ingles
Good first job.
No (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 19, 2017
Most of the people are okay to work with. No room for advancement. Managers won't talk to upset guests just tell you what to say so they don't have to deal with it. No raises. Good for a first time job or to save money to get you on your feet. Not good if you have a lot of bills to pay or have kids.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No benefits, no raises, bad management
Decent environment, but a dead ended job, in my opinion.
Shuttle Driver/ Bellman (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 9, 2017
Needs more organized management as far as scheduling and current events going on around resort. It was a decent work environment, but doesn't pay workers for their efforts, in my opinion.
Pros
Decent work environment
Cons
Healthcare, pay
Fun workplace
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIDecember 27, 2016
Im so happy that i became part of the family in chula vista and my manger and supervisor they are strict but they are the best boss i could say and they temreat us like family after work they tour us anywhere.
Cons
Short break
talking phone calls and dealing with tourist
Reservation Agent-Helped (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965November 21, 2016
This is a good summer job and if you live in the area its a great place to work. This is family owned and the owners and siblings are kind and friendly. There is always room for improved and growing with the company
Fun work place
Wait Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 22, 2016
During my work abroad I learned a lot. I easily get along with my workmates even though we have different cultures. I lettered how to communicate and understand well what customer service especially in food and beverage department is. I become more responsible and I realized that being punctual is more important than being industrious. Show my work mates that I have the eagerness in the job that I am in. Waking up early is just so hard to do, changing schedules from morning shift to night shift too.

Being productive and not complaining at some point that I am commanded by my supervisors. I get the hang of knowing how to reward myself as long as I work hard.
Pros
Free coffee sometimes
Friendly staff, Family oriented
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wisc Dells, WIApril 25, 2016
This is the kind of job for basically high school students first time job. It is a very enjoyable place to work at. I like working with the public. Since it is a Indoor Water Park, I loved how warm it was inside. I had the honor to work with some diverse group of incredible young people.
Pros
Working with guests
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Very disfunctional and negative work environment
GROUP SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIFebruary 22, 2016
Management has a very negative and disfunctional management style. Family owned and there are too many family members working there in management positions, making it difficult for advancement or to make any needed changes.
Cons
Negative work environment, management needs to upgrade their way of doing business
Prefer not to discuss in detail
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 9, 2015
Excessive nepotism, favoritism, random firing without cause of long term employees, no feedback, no annual reviews.
Dirty, depressing work environment, no benefits, no holiday pay, people working there ten years have same vacation time as those there for 2.(5 days) Nearly non-existent pay increases, even when requested with documentation and cause.

Co-workers generally awesome, only there long enough to find something better...often Walmart.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else.
Nice Resort
Parks Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells WiscAugust 13, 2015
I made sure the waterpark n outdoor areas were clean n looking good for the guest of our resort to enjoy there stay at resort. I also supervised 6 others n made sure they were accomplishing there work as required for the day n day to day
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Not good insureance
Love the group of individuals I work with!
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJune 16, 2015
I LOVE all of the people I work with on a day to day basis. The only thing I can say about this job that is not ideal is that there isn't a whole lot of room for advancement.
great beginer
Bartender/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 25, 2015
Great beggining place! A lot of people where you can learn alot from and its a fast paced area, everywhere. You can always help anywhere and everywhere and never be bored. supervisors are understanding of needed time off.