Church's Chicken

Church's Chicken Employer Reviews

Fast paced but fun work environment. Previous owner ran it down and along with my team I increased our sales by 15% and upward trending in one year.
General Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, bonus's, flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare, old building had many maintenance issues.
A typical day at work. First thing I would do is put in my payroll. Go over employee hours and ask about any conflicting time stamps. Next I would walk around and do an inventory of my entire store. I would enter that into a spread sheet and determine if there were any major differences from week to week and what may have caused this. Next I would do – more... our food truck order, review it with the owner and then help out with actual labor or do smaller projects around the restaurant to help with overall appearance. The hardest part was dealing with the rowdy customers on Game day weekends. The most enjoyable part is when we are busy and everyone is moving fast paced and working like a well oiled machine. That makes me very proud to look around and see that. – less
Typical day working for Church's Chicken
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Macon, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: hard-work
A typical day working for church's chicken is a busy day. Where every employee is consistently on the move. Things flow very smoothly when everyone helps each other out...
fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge , LaSeptember 4, 2014
very wonderful environment nice atmosphere friendly customers.
cook and serve
Full Time Cook (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: i have a job
Cons: no benefits no money bad hours just not a good job for me
I do not like working at church's chicken even though I love to cook. I have been burned over twenty times the pay is very bad and I am ready to find a better job.
Fast paced evironment with a lot of customers.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Brownsville, Tx.August 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, able to meet new people all the time
Cons: sometimes no breaks
Took orders from customer, charged customers, and cooked. Greeted customers entering establishments.
a good working enviroment
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), River Oaks, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good friendships, free lunches
Cons: short breaks
they made it where i wanted to be there and looked forward to work everyday i woke up.
fun place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2014
Typical day at work would be taking food orders, making food orders,preparing food, cleaning restrooms and diner area, taking out trash. I learned how to do inventory and how to deal with customers face to face.My co workers was cool, we got along very well. The hardest part of the job for me was standing long periods of times, and the thing i like – more... most was helping customers. – less
Challenging experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Rio PiedrasAugust 6, 2014
Pros: learned something new
Cons: manage people's different point of views
This was a different experience since I was a cashier and had to deal with different kind of people.
fun
Head Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 4, 2014
Church's was a good place to work. The works and the environment where great. Being in management was great having to do scheduling, interviews and all where really exciting.
Fun, fast paced typed of Job
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free meals, friendly environment
Cons: no overtime, no benefits for shift managers, yearly raises
Everyday is a different experience with new faces to meet. Learned how to provide excellent service to guest and developed my commutation skills in english and spanish.
Good
Shift Manager (Former Employee), fort worth txAugust 1, 2014
I had to open the store three days a week and close two days a week.
great
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 31, 2014
Cons: no safety
Helped me to show employee morale in a more intense roll. My co workers enjoyed working under my supervision.
It's a alright placeto start a jump off before finding a career.
Cook (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: half price while at work and 10 percent off when not working
Cons: paying for food whilethe managers eat pay-free
A typical day at work depending whom your working with it maybe fast , but there is always a customer that comes and make you laugh. I've learned how to make chicken in a better way, help others because really in the position I have you have to stay on top of your job; which I do well!! Management is ok, but still has a ew more things to work on. My – more... co-workers are vry energetic and fun to be aroung when theres a long day. The hardest part of my job is cleaning the hot grease ovens. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smile on the customers faces b the way I've cooked the chicken. – less
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great hours, teamwork
Cons: low pay, no consistency with management
As a team player and shift manager I assured quality service in a timely manner to both dining room customers and drive thru. I would walk throughout the dining room assisting customers with condiments and refills. Also, I ensured cleanliness to all customers and accustimed to their immediate needs.
Fast paced work place.
Team Member (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: rude customers
You typical day at Church's would be you come in and clock in. You prep everything for your shift and count you register. You Take orders, make order and give them to the customer. You have to keep the store clean and stocked at all times. The faster you move the better the service.
beginner
Cashier (Current Employee), st. louisJuly 19, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: less hours
closing the store and open for next business day co workers trying to be the boss i love meeting new people but dislike the rush of fast food
Not the best working place
Clerk (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: rude co-workers, poor management
A typical day at work was exhausting, working in fast food is not the ideal job. I did not learn much, other than people are way to picky about chicken. My management slacked off, and did not have much to with the front counter helping. My co-workers were not friendly and were rather difficult to work with. The hardest part of my job was working with – more... the employees. The easiest part was dealing with customers, even the angry ones. – less
Cook position
Cook (Former Employee), San Antonio TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: i became a leader and gained excellent training in customer service.
Cons: long hour's and minimum payment.
I started working as a cook. I was trained to become a team trainer.I learned skill's in customer service and restaurant operation's.I had an opportunity to become a shift leader. It was not necessary at the time because, I was in school studying to become a Medical Assistant.
VERY FUN AND PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 8, 2014
I ENJOYED THE WORK I DID THERE AND I WAS GOOD AT, AND DUE TO THE FACT I WAS PROMOTED TO ASSISTANT MANAGER WHILE THERE.
Productive and fun place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Brookshire, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free meals
Great management staff and co-workers lots of learning skills and enjoyable job skills

1 2 3 4 5

About Church's Chicken

This company has several places fried-chicken worshipers can flock to. Cajun Operating Company owns and operates Church's Chicken, – Read more