Church's Chicken

Church's Chicken Employee Reviews

hard work
Cashier (Former Employee), el pasoJune 25, 2015
everyday was of always doing something like being in frontin the cashier machine,in drive thru, cooking,etc.
but was a ggod experience because this work help me out to remembermore things and being goodwith the money and be more nice with the customers and be a good team worker
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting along with co workers and also working together it also went by quickly and worked well under preassue
Excellent opportunities for promotions but very stressful and life consuming
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2015
As a general manager for Church's Chicken, a typical day is full speed ahead. In addition to all your managerial duties including ordering inventory, imputing invoices, counting inventory, dealing with venders, hiring, training, maintaining profit and loss, maintaining cleanliness, watching and managing staff, you also must work a position. It is a very stressful but sometimes fulfilling job. Church's has changed owners so none of the corporate managers are the same as when I was employed there. When I started with the company, Church's was a family oriented company that cared about it's employees, Now........not so much
Great place for those in-between jobs
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great environment, positive workers, great management
Cons: Pay
I actually loved working here. Management was cool. They worked with you. They did work a lot of holidays, but management always gave extra. The pay wasn't the best but they did STRIVE to give you what you needed. Staff was awesome. Managers would go out their way to make sure everybody had what they needed including rides to and from work to even gas money to help you out for the week. This place was clean, open, neat, and organized. For this to be a fast food chicken place, I was impressed at the determination of both employee and Management. If I could change anything it would be how they determine raises....
Fast Pace and unexpected
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VirginiaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, great benefits, paid holidays
Cons: Lunch rushes, small place to work and bad location for business
The hardest thing about this job was taking orders and repeating them the say way. You don't want to make a customer upset handing them the wrong order. I learn a lot of new things as far as how hard it is to run a fast food restaurant. The best thing working is eating the great food for lunch.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2015
At my current job, the managers on the shifts are not up to part. They are lazy and only work when they feel the need to. Sometimes we might not get any help from the managers. Some of the managers can be rude.
fun and productive work area
Cashier (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSJune 1, 2015
this job help me to not only use my math skills, but as well advance them in so many levels. churchs chicken help me to be more interactive with customers and advance my service skills to better assist people of all culture.
Not a fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston SCMay 31, 2015
Cons: no breaks, selfish people, selfish managers, never wanna work with you on anything, only think about themselves
a typical day at work was greeting customers, making sure their orders were the correct way, making sure the presentation was great, making sure I prepped for the next morning. take care of customer complaints, try to make sure the customers had no complaints, if any make sure you difer that. I learned a lot over the years I worked at church's. I learned a lot of customer service skills. The management team was horrible. they were nice and friendly people but they were very selfish to others. they never wanted to work with you on maybe if you requested a day off. if you were suppose to go home at a set time, you wouldn't leave until 1 hour later after you were suppose to leave. I hated it. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, they kept the life inside of me. they always told me don't worry I will get something better soon, or they always told me to hang on and I did for five almost six years. but I have had enough.
A very energetic workplace. required much focus and skill and will.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: The pay and the employees also were agreeable. Liked the supervisors also.
Cons: It was a huge freezer so it meant you had to keep busy to stay warm, but at times it was required of us to wait on production, which meant getting very cold.
Very demanding environment. Was not a playground, meaning it was to be taken very seriously. Long hours and great pay. Required a lot of overtime. A very focused work environment. Very physical also. Overall I gained a lot of valuable experience to carry forward with me and my career.
Great workplace
General employee for example (Former Employee), Las Piedras Puerto RicoMay 23, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work is very busy with lots of customers. I learned how to work as a team. The co-workers are very helpful in any moment. The hardest part of the job is doing many tasks at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is my great paycheck.
over all is a good place to work, just need a more secure company for retirement.
Market Leader (Current Employee), Odessa Tx..May 19, 2015
Pros: we do get Bonus
Cons: Not much of a family life.
Is to be able to have fun and be able to achieve improvement each day. Have managers that have the love for their job and work as if they owned the company. Co-workers that want to be there and nod just get a check. Your job can be as hard you want, or as easy as you recieve it. Just knowing that i was able to make a difference each day.
it was okay place to work for high school job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Madisonville, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
Customers were the worst I have ever seen here. People trying to fight you over chicken like really? Management was ok. hardest part was trying to smile at rude customers who were just that way even if you were nice. Either way no matter where you work you should treat it like it is your career. Put heart into the job.
not the best place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMay 11, 2015
Pros: it was a job
Cons: never gotr paid on time
The job was not hard but the way the store was ran was not good. its not a place i would like to work again. it might be ok for a high school student but not an adult. around the area cooks were paid 8-9.50 an hour but not us. As a cook i did a lot of work but still got paid the same as people that did not do as much.
Productive and fun workplace at Churchs Chicken
Team leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility.
Cons: hardly no opportunities to grow, no direct deposit.
Very Productive environment. Learned very excellent customer service, I enjoyed making the customers happy and to satisfy them with my service. Management was on point most of the time. I learned how to build strong relationships with the co-workers, in order to work as a team.
Productive and fun Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 28, 2015
Pros: You felt comfortable with your work.
Cons: Different Manager every two months.
This type of established had been around sometime now. I had customers in the community that will come just talk about how this establishment has history. It was located in a great community. And Yes they love chicken. My co-worker made the day go by and excellent teamwork.
It has potential of being a great place to work if there was better management.
Cashier/Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Direct deposit every Friday.
Cons: No paid holidays, lack of adequate labor provided.
It not's what I thought a typical job would be like, I think it's because I always seen a job more as a team oriented type of thing when you work in a fast food type of restaurant.
Dynamic partnership in the company
Cashier (Current Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 23, 2015
• Received the customer orders from the cash counters
• Arranging for simultaneous preparation of the various food articles ordered be the customer
• Maintain cleanliness near work station, dining room, and kitchen equipment.
• Performed as a team to provide excellent customer service and learned new techniques quickly to ensure quality service
Okay, Place to work .
Food and Beverage Crew member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
Churchs Chicken is a great job for young people that don't have a problem not getting many hours .Very family oriented company
Fun
Cook (Former Employee), Midfield, ALApril 16, 2015
Very fun love to cook must be able to work at a fast paste good environment to work in. Must be on time everyday great people to work with.
fun and great atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Ozark, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
great people to work with, fun atmosphere , i waitressed and called orders out to the cook, had cleaning duties at the end of each shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Church's Chicken

This company has several places fried-chicken worshipers can flock to. Cajun Operating Company owns and operates Church's Chicken, – Read more

Church's Chicken Salaries