Church & Dwight Co., Inc.

Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 22, 2016
Great hours and very flexible. The co-workers were amazing. They were always willing to teach and listen to new ideas. Management set achievable goals and raises were always reasonable. Great place to work.
Fast paced work focus on productivity over anything else
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 13, 2016
My experience with Church and Dwight was alright management was fair people I worked with change in and out a lot, and it was twelve hours night shift so no way having a life out side of work. also i was a temp so not job security for that.
Pros
my pay was good for what i did there
Cons
12 hours at night no out side of work life
Do your research first
R&D (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 8, 2016
High turn around. Very few employees stay past two years. MANY leave before.
You are not a human here. You are a resource and that's it. You can imagine what I mean by that. Prepare to be talked down to belittled by your "superiors".
If you think your going places within the company with your education and professionalism, think again. This place is run by incompetent immoral people. Only like-minded move up. Zero professionalism.
good place nice people
Porter (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 30, 2015
a lot of energy in that enviroment. happy people come to work every day motivated to do a better job than the past day. safety is very serious in that place steel toe shoes is mandatory and hairnets and beard nets
Pros
big cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
typical day
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOOctober 25, 2015
Load and unload trucks. The work was not hard love doing the job But management was a pain in the rear.Management did not keep there word say one thing and do a another.
Pros
people I worked with
Fun and pleasant atmosphere
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 21, 2015
The usual secretarial job. Mostly worked on computer and typing reports and preparing batch records for the preparing of products and then reviewing batch records for release of product.
Pros
Great management
Cons
The odors in a Quality Control Lab
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 20, 2015
My position was very important because I had to make sure everything on floor was stocked before shift starts. I had to make sure floor area and work area was clean and free of trash and debris. I learned how to work better by myself at a faster pace. I learned how condoms are made. Hardest part of this job it was over night 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of this job everyone depended on me and my services.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Overnight
Productive place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, WAOctober 16, 2015
the typical day at work would be placing gummy vitamins into jars which will then be transferred to the place where they would get their lids and boxed up for sale
very good working condition
Chemical / Pre-weigh Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 9, 2015
Very good company. some place I will like to work the rest of my life. good compensation. Friendly atmosphere, annual bonuses, free clothing and products give away
Pros
frequent free lunches
Cons
good rest periods
Production Operator: The Pros and Cons
Production (Former Employee) –  York, PennsylvaniaOctober 8, 2015
I was assigned a full-time night-shift position at Church & Dwight and remained an employee for roughly three months. During those three months, I experienced the highs and lows that accommodate any warehouse job.

My assigned tasks included the removal of defective gummy multivitamins from production belts to be disposed; use scanning, weighing, and packaging resources to ensure the safe storing and distribution of the products; maintain a constant cleanliness of my work area; wear appropriate PPE at all times, and report any product defects or machinery malfunction to the appropriate supervisor on duty.

During my time at Church & Dwight, the work was either a night of rigorous movement and fast-paced production or it was slow and full of busy work for the sake of not standing around doing nothing. This was expected; however, unlike a lot of other companies, we were not sent home mid-way through our shifts--that meant being paid, guaranteed. The lunch/smoke breaks are generous so long as they are not abused, and as far as I know the benefits are satisfactory. The noise and cold/heat levels can be extreme, but not horrendous with the proper PPE.

The entirety of my experience there, however, was mostly negative. The cattiness and "drama" between co-workers was above the bar as far as how often it occurred and how hard it was to avoid. In addition, the management suffered from a severe lack of communication between themselves and between other employees, leading to mishaps in reporting defective product, machinery malfunction, etc. There seemed to be a focus on quantity
  more... that overshadowed quality, and because of this, gargantuan amounts of product went out of the door that I personally would not find edible. As a consumer, I will never purchase vitamins (or any other edible product, for that matter) from this company ever again.

This need to be fast-paced over safe and efficient also caused issues. There were times where some workers were sent into other parts of the building to perform tasks that were not just above their pay grade, but they were not trained to do, which in turn violated their safety as well as their SOPs. This bleeds into the issue of the SOPs not having been introduced to me until I had been employed for a significant amount of time. I learned that there were other employees that had never been given their SOPs to read at all. This was alarming, and made me second-guess the company's concern with worker safety.

A final problem was that of employees having reported discrepancies in their paychecks; they would review their pay stubs and often find that their wages were not paid in full. These concerns arose frequently, and, quite frankly, caused lack of trust between them and the company. Without trust and respect, worker morale can be lowered and in turn production and quality of products declines drastically. I, for one, recommend this place if easy work and high pay is what is desired, but as far as employee respect, communication, and safety, I give this company a thumbs down.
Pros
Easy to learn; competitive wages
Cons
Lack of safety concern; employee "drama, " poor communication

Want to know more about Church & Dwight Co., Inc.?

Ask a question
Good place to work.
Duties- Production Operator (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 30, 2015
Its a start up Department so there has been some bumps in the road but other than a handful of people its a great place to work with tons of benefits and good pay
very stable company with plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement
compounding resource operator/lead (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 29, 2015
overall a great company to work for.plenty of advancement opportunities.workers are hard working and dedicated.company has a great work culture
Pros
bonuses, giveaways.good benefits
Cons
understaffed, little or no notice for overtime requirement needs
they push you
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOSeptember 3, 2015
If you are not part of the right group they will get rid of you. And will not to go any where in the company.work was great. love my coworkers.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management
General Workplace
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 1, 2015
The job is simple, but can be stressful on the fact that others co workers did not take their job objectives seriously, therefore the job was a bit challenging. The job consisted of placing plastic detergent bottles into a assembly line to be filled with laundry detergent and Quality Assurance. Management were fair, to the extent of people skills, but doing their jobs it was not pretty. The hardest part of the job was to work with people that were lazy. The enjoyable part of my job was going home.
ok job
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 30, 2015
its a ok job managment sucks you cant ask uestion becouse they make you feel dumb real stress full invirment HOT place to work fires people for the dum things dont even give you a second chance you give them 100% and they fire yu for aking a break becouse your super tired.
Lean Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJAugust 28, 2015
Lean company, provides ample opportunity for young professionals to make an impact, but becomes difficult to advance due to lean culture. Very little flexibility (limited work at home, no alternate hours/compressed work week), average pay, however company has strong track record of success.
A fairly nice work place
Compounder (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 22, 2015
Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Job is fairly easy and straight forward. Supervisors are very knowledgeable of the job and willing to help if needed.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly and helpful
Lean Organization
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 20, 2015
Church & Dwight is a great place to start your career if you are looking for exposure to many parts of product management since the organization is very lean. It is a very flat organization, once you become a Brand manager there isn't much upward mobility
Pros
bonuses and stock options
Cons
overwork due to lean organizational structure
Great Place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 29, 2015
Great place to work, senior management are all down to earth great people. Only downside are the health care benefits. Summer Hours on Fridays are a perk.
High preforming and fast moving organization
Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 26, 2015
Fast-paced environment with a core competency of being able to deal with ambiguity on a daily basis. Strong performance on Wall Street and bonuses every year in the last 7 years, even in down-trodden economy. Lead shareholder of sales for most power brands. Company sponsored activities at Arm & Hammer Park.