Church Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Information Processor (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WINovember 14, 2017
Plenty of opportunities for advancement, great salary and benefits, and great leadership. Friendly atmosphere. Every day is a different day, you are not doing the same thing all the time.
More than a job. It was a of life.
Regional Direct Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WISeptember 2, 2017
CMIC was a great place to work. I worked my way up to top management and I was the only top manager without a degree.

My position as Regional manager allowed me to travel all over the USA, Mexico and the Caribbean.

One of my main duties was to organize the annual Sales Trip. The PCA was a one time each year fun trip (no meetings) that the sales representatives and division managers could win, (through new sales) to an all expense trip to five star resorts. Their spouses would attend also at no cost to the rep.
Pros
Company Car, with unlimited expense account.
Company trying to get out of the 80's
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJuly 18, 2017
The company is trying to change the culture of a small town insurance company. They may be large in their niche but lack the upper management to provide actual change. They hired an entire contingent of contractors from India to assist with a systems upgrade instead of hiring quality local staff. They promote family values but are behind the times and will not compete with other larger insurance companies.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Location, SR management
Great Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2017
Great- stable company with good leadership and takes care of customers and employees. Hard working company and the industry leader. work-life balance could be improved, but overall excellent company.
They have recently close to doubled the sales targets of field reps causing a lot of stress on sales people. They pay well for a stable career, just be prepared to roll up your sleeves!
Pros
free lunch for sales people on the road. work from home opportunities.
Cons
high sales goals
Professional work environment
Human Resource Temparary/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIMarch 23, 2017
Organization appreciates higher education and emphasizes the importance of building internal business partnerships, while offering an innovative work culture and supports employee development.
Lacks direction
Senior Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIMarch 14, 2017
Company seems to lack direction and leadership - no shortage of checklist management staff that is quick to find (or create) reasons to put employees on review or to terminate employment
Pros
Was a great company
Cons
Technology is over a decade behind the industry; fear and intimidation is the 'new' normal
Claims
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Good place to work if you just want a job. But difficult to advance since they have no real training program and unmotivated supervisors. No reason to put in extra time or effort since no one will notice or care. Very high turnover. Does not help that the claims office is a renovated Wal-Mart with no windows. Seems like the company wants the claims employees out of sight and out of mind.
Pros
Low expectations from supervisors, work/life balance, friendly coworkers
Cons
No advancement
Good place to work in Merrill WI.
Marketing Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 24, 2017
Church Mutual Insurance Company is a good place to work in our Merrill community. It has great benefits and is always seeking to improve community involvement.
Great company!!!
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIMay 19, 2016
I love my job! Benefits are great! Such a great group of people that work there. It really feels like people care and value your opinions.I am very disappointed that people are only taking the time to write reviews that want to vent.
Pros
great benefits, flexibility
Cons
unable to work from home
I LOVED this company & would still be there if job had not moved.
Division Secretary/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2015
I was with this company for almost 23 years and can honestly say that I never not wanted to go to work. When I started I was the only female with four insurance salesmen. We grew to an office of nine people in Little Rock and offices in Mississippi & Louisiana. My job started as Southern Division Secretary but changed to lead CSR. It was a very varied position which was ideal for me. I would still be with Church Mutual if all CSR positions countrywide had not moved to our home office location in Merrill, WS.
Pros
Freedom to work on my own.
Cons
Their decision to move CSR positions to Merrill, Ws.
what a JOKE!
Reg Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield,IllinoisSeptember 21, 2014
90 hour work week with NO chance to sell prices super HIGH! manager 73 years old never sold ANYTHING in his life! They care less about the church all about MONEY!
Family Atmosphere
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIApril 22, 2014
I provided customer support to policyholders in the form of advising on policy terms, making policy changes and selling sub-lines. I also participated in the training and mentoring of fellow employees.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
No additional compensation offered when additional duties were taken on.
Rewarding
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIOctober 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the opportunity to explain something complex to people who do not usually understand insurance. Helping people get the answers they need is something I have always enjoyed doing.

One of the most difficult parts of the job was explaining to an insured that an activity they had been planning for months was not going to be covered.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Giving bad news
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIAugust 23, 2012
I currently work in a national call center for Church MutualInsurance Company. A typical day is working with directly with the customer,and assisting in property/casualty questions or chanages that need to be made with their policies.
Pros
close to home
Cons
i would like to work with customers face to face.
Strange place
Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2012
poorly managed, steer clear! poorly managed, odd company, poor managers
Pros
car
Cons
poorly managed