Church World Service Employee Reviews

Work Place
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: All employees are give free coffee everyone and first to enter the office makes coffee.
Cons: Customers are first priority
Family oriented place to work with diverse culture for their service to the world of various background. Working for this company is educational and able you to meet members of the human race of different culture and society.
Great work environment, wonderful experience
Internship (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Wonderful work environment, great co-workers! Everyone is always willing to help each other out and work as a team to help clients achieve their goals of self-sufficiency.
Refugee and Resettlment agency serving with diligence
Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
The agency is constantly busy with clients. They assist with everything from pre to post arrival, furnishing apartments, and establishing a plan to become self efficient. The amount of paper work can be gruesome but the smile on your clients face makes everything worth it.
Great Balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Centro, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: hours, flexibility of schedule, meals were $1.25 inside the facility
Cons: not an excellent retirement plan, medical insurance changes
I had a wonderful 7 years working for this employer. I felt like my work meant something and helped many. On a typical day I would work in a locked secured facility run by the Department of Homeland Security. I worked with detainees and refugees from other countries in order to provide them with all of their religious and spiritual needs. This was very satisfying work. Detainees were very grateful for all I did for them. I started a detainee library so that they had access to reading materials in their language and faith. I mainly worked with ICE officers and administrators.
Great Company
Volunteer Teacher - ESL (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 7, 2013
Great place to work. Enjoyable and interesting. Look forward to working with this company in the future.
Not a fun environment; you do what you are supposed to do and go home.
Case Worker (Current Employee), FloridaAugust 12, 2012
Pros: 45mn lunch breaks as certain places allow only 30mn
Cons: almost no opportunity for advancement unless you apply for or transfer to another position
Multicultural envronment but since they are non profit the grants come and go and job stability depends on whether they are renewed or not; opportunities for advancement are almost non existant, however, they have great benefit package such as retirement, pay time off, sick days, and health insurance what keeps workers around because they barely and rarely raise salaries.
Respect the productive work
Interpreter (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 30, 2012
Pros: unknown
Cons: unknown
It was the good place for the work. I loved to be helped by the co-worker.
very unauthorized work place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 22, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: unusual work place environment that's not very congenial.
very unusual work place environment. Employee must fit into a un-common work place culture.

July 8, 2012

The environment is very unusual I agreed with the previous post you need to fit in as employee otherwise your death meat.