Church World Service Employee Reviews

N/a
Refugee Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Nothing much to say about this working environment ‘and it’s good place to help some one new to the country by welcoming them and assist them by helping them getting their basic necessary needs as soon as they land to their last destination.Part of the hardest part of this position I should say would be getting clients benefits on time which is not in our control .
Pros
N/a
Temporary Job
Volunteer/Resource Developer (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Working for a non-profit comes with a lot of responsibilities and little benefits is all I can say, If sitting in a cubical is your thing by all means go get it. It wasn't for me. You need to be nice when people are working for such wages. Just saying.
Pros
Helping the cummunity
Cons
Long drive, minium wage and cut thoart director at the time
Amazing internship
Employment Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I worked in the employment department at CWS as an intern. The staff were so helpful and willing to teach me about their various positions. The staff were inclusive and there were many staff events to attend. The staff were passionate. My supervisor was supportive and welcoming to me as a intern.
Pros
staff environment
Great non-profit organization.
Palm Beach Sub-Office Director (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
Caring and hard working staff providing great services to families and individuals in need. Staff is always looking to help at-risk population by connecting them to community resources.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work! Good salary, benefits, staff, work environment and rewarding work that serves the community. Fun place to work, good schedule. You will love it!
Caring people
Senior Staff Attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
Its a pleasure working with people who care so much about what they do. CWS is comprised of committed people and does excellent work in service to the global refugee community.
Tough environment, some caused by the external conditions
VP Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
The financial situation is shaky, and the current leaders have little idea of how to solve this situation. On the other hand, the work that is being done in the field is lead by top professionals whose care, concern, and quality of response is top drawer.
Pros
Incredible mission
Cons
Confusion and lack of strong leadership
feding the homeless
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 18, 2015
i volunteere at a church . the church did alot for the kids and the less fortunate . we feed the homeless and clothed them . afterf school activites for the kids
productive and team-playing envoirment
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Fresnos, TXJuly 2, 2015
Excellent work place with supportive management.
Not about politics, more about family and working together.
Large Non-Profit Organization with lots of departments.
Pros
able to care for my children
Cons
no restaurants to eat out, short lunch
Work Place
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 2, 2015
Family oriented place to work with diverse culture for their service to the world of various background. Working for this company is educational and able you to meet members of the human race of different culture and society.
Pros
All employees are give free coffee everyone and first to enter the office makes coffee.
Cons
Customers are first priority
Great work environment, wonderful experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Wonderful work environment, great co-workers! Everyone is always willing to help each other out and work as a team to help clients achieve their goals of self-sufficiency.
Refugee and Resettlment agency serving with diligence
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
The agency is constantly busy with clients. They assist with everything from pre to post arrival, furnishing apartments, and establishing a plan to become self efficient. The amount of paper work can be gruesome but the smile on your clients face makes everything worth it.
Great Balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 17, 2014
I had a wonderful 7 years working for this employer. I felt like my work meant something and helped many. On a typical day I would work in a locked secured facility run by the Department of Homeland Security. I worked with detainees and refugees from other countries in order to provide them with all of their religious and spiritual needs. This was very satisfying work. Detainees were very grateful for all I did for them. I started a detainee library so that they had access to reading materials in their language and faith. I mainly worked with ICE officers and administrators.
Pros
hours, flexibility of schedule, meals were $1.25 inside the facility
Cons
not an excellent retirement plan, medical insurance changes
Great Company
Volunteer Teacher - ESL (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 7, 2013
Great place to work. Enjoyable and interesting. Look forward to working with this company in the future.
Not a fun environment; you do what you are supposed to do and go home.
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2012
Multicultural envronment but since they are non profit the grants come and go and job stability depends on whether they are renewed or not; opportunities for advancement are almost non existant, however, they have great benefit package such as retirement, pay time off, sick days, and health insurance what keeps workers around because they barely and rarely raise salaries.
Pros
45mn lunch breaks as certain places allow only 30mn
Cons
almost no opportunity for advancement unless you apply for or transfer to another position
Respect the productive work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 30, 2012
It was the good place for the work. I loved to be helped by the co-worker.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
very unauthorized work place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 22, 2012
very unusual work place environment. Employee must fit into a un-common work place culture.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
unusual work place environment that's not very congenial.