Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most advanced technologies including real-time live video streaming, secure financial transactions and cloud based technology to deliver the next generation platform of online gaming. You will have continuous input into the growth and development of building winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment. We are the Official online wagering site of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. We also have a fresh, bottom-up approach to account wagering that combines the latest online technology with the best racing content. People are able to wager online for virtually every Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse race from venues across the globe.
We are looking for a lead software engineer focusing on web-based front-end application to lead the front-end software design, development and ongoing enhancements for an online, customer-facing sports wagering platform and live-video delivery as well as complementary consumer entertainment applications
This position will be required to lead the technical direction of various front-end architectures and have a deep understanding of various web-based presentation frameworks and integration to back-end business services. This role will involve working with various technical teams (onshore and offshore) to review designs and implementation efforts as well as working with members of the executive management team, customer support team, and the operations team. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA on Castro Street and may require minimal travel. Competitive base pay. Annual bonus for achieving business unit and individual objectives.
- Lead engineering team with an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Design and participate in the web application development with performance, scalability and maintenance in mind
- Evaluate front-end toolkits and technologies comparing against current framework to drive the front-end architecture direction and renovation
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to the front-end engineering vendor teams
- Drive software implementation through full lifecycle of projects from conception through rollout working with various functional groups like Product Management, Operations, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, etc.
- Create and maintain high quality documents including feature specifications, architecture and design specifications, flow diagrams, site maps, and process diagrams
- Enforce and augment development standards across the business unit
- Perform product evaluations and usability test, communicate results and implications
- BS Computer Science or related degree, and 7+ years of web application development experience.
- Significant hands-on experience with HTML 5, CSS 3, PHP programming and frameworks.
- Experience with leading development effort of web-based application targeting desktop and/or mobile devices.
- Knowledge of best practices and principles of web based UI design/implementation. Good understanding of industry development and trends.
- Ability to prototype/test new ideas quickly in a rapid-fire, experimental environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading or working with distributed teams and vendors domestically and internationally
- Knowledge and experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience in sports or gaming industry is a plus
Indeed - 22 months ago