Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most advanced technologies including real-time live video streaming, secure financial transactions and cloud based technology to deliver the next generation platform of online gaming. You will have continuous input into the growth and development of building winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment. We are the Official online wagering site of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. We also have a fresh, bottom-up approach to account wagering that combines the latest online technology with the best racing content. People are able to wager online for virtually every Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse race from venues across the globe. Twinspires believes in a user-centered design approach and is looking for creative and flexible people to join our team. This is a full-time position and is based in Mountain View, CA.
- Architect the next generation platform for online games in SOA environment.
- Implements core components, frameworks & enterprise services focusing primarily at the data tier.
- Works with geographically dispersed business and engineering teams to plan new product development, ongoing feature additions, and product maintenance.
- Translates business requirements into application architecture & participates in complete software development cycle to enforce architectural compliancy. Provides task estimates.
- Creates high-level and detailed data design specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms and back-end roadmap.
- Provides technical expertise, support and mentoring to engineering teams.
- Work with engineering team to ensure that software development best practices are followed, that implementation adheres to design specs and that code integration & deployment to production are error-free.
- Enhances existing software by analyzing and identifying areas for optimization and refactoring.
- Assists with application maintenance by monitoring and correcting software defects.
Investigates new technologies, techniques, and industry developments.
- Transfers knowledge and coaches engineering team through new practices.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 7+ yrs experience in software development
- 4+ yrs. experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Strong experience in development against relational database preferably using MySQL & Hibernate.
- Strong knowledge of web-based enterprise class software requirements including security and scalability.
- Full SDLC experience in an enterprise development environment.
- Strong experience in schema design, database tuning & query tuning.
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Design Patterns and UML.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Prefer candidate with 4+ years experience in J2EE
- Prefer candidate with Restful Web Services, SOAP, Java web frameworks (e.g. Struts, Spring)
- Project management and planning experience a plus.
- Experience in online gaming development a plus.
Call 408 747-0562 for a confidential conversation about this position. http://www.churchilldownsincorporated.com/ No headhunters please.
Indeed - 12 months ago