CHURCHILL DOWNS

CHURCHILL DOWNS Employer Reviews

Productive smooth and exciting day
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2014
I enjoyed Working there. It was a Friendly place to work. Everyone pretty much got along with one another
Excellent Culture and Leadershiip
Senior Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, culture, leadership
Cons: compensation
This is the best company that I've been a part of. Great work/life balance, great flexibility and a wonderful leadership team.
A great place to work
Admissions Clerk - Admissions - Part-Time (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great variety of food and job experience
Cons: management changed hands often
On a typical day at Churchill Downs I would great consumers and sell betting items that they requested or provide information to new track members. I learned how to work in a diverse environment and how to adapt to daily changes. The management changed hands several times while I was employed, but the regular supervisors when friendly and willing to work with you. My co-workers were friendly and cooperative, but the hardest part of the job was to end a season of working with good people. The most enjoyable part was working during The Oaks and The Kentucky Derby watching the upscale consumers come in dressed to the hilt and coming out of the in-field muddy with broken high heels, a little inebriated, but still happy whether the horse the bid on won or not.
Good place
Sr. Director Software Engineering (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, management
Cons: healthcare
Managers are generally on top of it. They are intelligent but humble. There is overall a good work-life balance.
Dedicated. Will give 100% to new challenge in position
Operations Manager/Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 6, 2014
Were responsible for entire operation of wagering at Churchill Downs
including servers, network, and personnel.

Oversaw 19 Kentucky Derbies from 1994 thru 2013, with no operational problems. System selling 54 tickets per second, 223 million dollars handled.
VERY EXCITING AND FUN JOB!
A MUTUEL TELLER (Current Employee), 700 CENTRAL AVE LOUISVILLE, KY 40208December 31, 2013
AS A MUTUEL TELLER I TAKE BETS AND PAY OUT WINNINGS.
YOU HAVE TO BE GOOD WITH MONEY. I ALSO LIKE WATCHING THE HORSE RACES AND WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC. I USUALLY ONLY WORK THIS JOB THE FIRST FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OF MAY.
Internship
Twin Spires Club, Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2013
I enjoyed my internship at Churchill Downs and was promoted to a full time job within the company.
Security
Park Security Officer (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILOctober 7, 2013
Cons: short breaks
It was a menial job that I had just to make money over the summer time. I am an accounting major and am really looking forward to getting some valuable experience in the field.
good place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2013
super busy at derby time, management was great but it was seasonal
Working at horse track enjoyable
exerciser (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2013
Enjoyed working at track. Have met many great people. However, would like to find a job that doesn't require me to travel to other states during racing seasons. Also looking for benefits.
Productive Day At Churchill Downs
Cashier (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: paid for our own lunch
Cons: had short breaks and long ones
I learned Working at churchill Downs you find all types of Customer's you have nice and means ones or you have rude ones well mostly my customers have been nice i never had a problem with any of my Customers i always make sure everything is going well i never have bad days at work awalys been good and i learned that people try to get over trying to use other people's ID for Liqour the management was great never had a problem with that my co-workers was all friendly and nice everybody got alone that was nice the hardest part of the job was working Oak and Derby day because its so many people there you had to keep a eye on customers to see who was stealing are using the wrong ID for Liqour and the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customer was happy and staisfy with everything and telling them to have a nice day with a big smile on my face
Review
System Administrator (Former Employee), Louisville, kyNovember 1, 2012
Pros: derby
Cons: no comment
Very corporate environment, not very enjoyable for me. Best part of working here is the co-workers.
security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2012
was security guard at racetrack which included checking in horses, securing grounds and crowd control
Great excitement
Cash teller (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 25, 2012
Churchill Downs is a great place to work. I am contracted for Kentucky Derby type events.
Fun enviroment
PrepCook/Meat carver/Server Chef (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 20, 2012
Pros: entertainment
Cons: customer service is perfect
it was only seansonal it's best only to do it seasonal wish there where more hours and fulltime work but overall i enjoyed it and i would go back.
It was a fun job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Louisville. KYJune 14, 2012
Pros: meeting people from all different parts of the world.
My duties at Churchill Downs were to clean up around the track.

About CHURCHILL DOWNS

Churchill Downs Incorporated is an owner and operator of pari-mutuel wagering properties and businesses. In addition, the Company – Read more