Cianbro Employee Reviews

Do not want to rate Cianbro at this time
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAMay 29, 2017
Due to confidential matters I would prefer not to rate this company. I do not believe it is in my best interest for me to fill out any more information for a rating.
its alot of hurry up and wait
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEMarch 6, 2017
almost every single day you are redoing someones screw up mainly coming from the engineers. 90% of the time if you think something is going together good its not and you have to wait hours maybe days to get the right print or right approval.
productive
Level 1 Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
very focus on keeping employees healthy. Really enjoyed every morning exercise. Cianbro gives his employees fruits every day, 2 breaks a day 1 hr lunch. Co workers and management are fair and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
area were I worked closed
Awesome Company
Changes (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. Slow times lead to layoffs. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Job titles tend to change for each project depending on the needs for each site.
Pros
Compasation, benefits, 401k
Cons
Have to stay out of town frequently.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Great company, great people, awesome benefits. Busy days with a lot of meaningful challenges! If you're willing to grow as an employee they will invest in you!
Pros
wellness
Good workers .
Lead man / foreman (Former Employee) –  Mannassas VAAugust 18, 2016
Loved the workers there . The benefits were good but some of the management were a little conspicuous . The daily activity there were good days the stretching of a morning was really good for the workers as well !
Very safe construction company to work for with questionable management.
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Baileyville, MEAugust 14, 2016
A typical day working for this company starts with stretches and going over how everyone is going to be safe for the day. i learned how to build and weld together box cranes. Management was not the greatest, but my co-workers were awesome. the hardest part of the job was where the job location was, there was no actual knowing where they would send you and how long you would stay there plus they didn't reserve any hotel for you to stay in. The most enjoyable part of the job was we could make up our own hours depending on the work load.
Pros
great benefits and good wages.
Cons
Management was terrible.
I had a good experience when i was there
Machine Operator and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDJuly 18, 2016
They really care about the employees , and they made sure your safe while working . The on the job training was hands on and they where always glad to help you if needed .
Pros
pay rate was good
Cons
Job Security was not so good
Excellent company
Equipment Operator Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJuly 7, 2016
Great Company to work for! Travel takes a toll on family life if you don't balance it correctly, but overall a great job
great place to work
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJune 27, 2016
Cianbro is a very good company fair with all team menbers . safety is number one on the job training is there for all team menbers
Pros
training
Cons
out of state work
A great company
Ironworker/opporater (Former Employee) –  New EnglandMarch 27, 2016
A great company to work for.As with any company jobs get more competitive over the years,And that makes it harder on everybody.
Pros
Great pay, Great benifits
Cons
Traveling, Being away from home all week.
fast paced work place
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEMarch 13, 2016
My responsibilities were to install pre fabricated piping systems into large refinery modules at exact location and tolerances. The work was mostly outside in the elements regardless of the weather. Working with so many different people made it so interesting.
Pros
fast paced workplace
Cons
working under so many different elements
Find Something Better
Structural Steel Shop Fabricator (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 4, 2016
The only nice things about working here were meeting a few good co workers, and the Pittsfield location is in an area that needs jobs. However, I cannot stress enough that the negatives outweighed the positives by far. Seriously do yourself a favor and try to find something else.

Management is absolutely awful in the shop. No one ever seemed to know what was going on at any level, and asking questions about anything was not received well. If you need something with even a semi reliable schedule, think twice. It changed often- what I was told would be a fairly steady schedule with some overtime was completely false. It also changed without much notice, which can be tough if you have children or other things in your life. Even though my job was supposed to be a "fixed base location" position I was often sent to other locations to work for weeks at a time. Equipment is older and constantly breaking. Management is not receptive to suggestions that may improve workflow or really any ideas other than their own. Safety is stressed, but not really enforced. Health insurance is astronomically expensive and doesn't cover much.

I guess it would be fine if you're an easy going single person with not a whole lot else going on in your life, and you don't mind working a dead end job with almost no possibility of advancement- unless of course you get on the bosses favorites list.
cianbro
Electrician/Grounding Professional (Current Employee) –  washington d.cAugust 20, 2015
Cianbro is a great company tp work for if your willing to travel. lots of work in the mid atlantic. great company they take care of you.
B.S. artists.
carpenter (Former Employee) –  nyJune 6, 2015
Im a bridge carpenter with over 15 years experience. I applied for job labeled as carpenter in mass,nh,me. I was only offerd job 8 hours away, i accepted thinking it was my foot in the door to a good company. I uprooted my life and headed there.After two long days of orientation i started night shift. Turns out i was hired to be a demolition laborer! The very job that i did to get into bridge construction over 15 years previous. Their advertisement should have been worded "demolition laborer with minimal carpentry skills" NOT bridge carpenter. Waste of my time!
Pros
Co-workers seemed to be good guys, benefit package.
Cons
typical company that'll lie to you to get what they need.No respect for working level.
Great experience
Painter and general Labor (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEApril 22, 2015
Great team spirit. Have a chance to learn new skills. ready to start work again at this great company. great bosses. Great place to increase your skills.
Pros
free lunch great formans
Cons
no cons
Construction
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MENovember 17, 2014
Typical day of working would be outside, co-workers really nice, hardest part of the job would be staying awake working overnights and hot temps on certain jobs
nice co-workers but long work hours
Commerical Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Meshoppen, PAAugust 26, 2014
Good company but job schedules are getting ridiculous. Work an average of 80 hours a week.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours, no clue when next job is
fun work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEFebruary 12, 2014
work 9 to 12 hours a day, I learned a lot from the guys I worked with. best part was working out doors and with all kinds of people.
Pruductive and fast paced
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Northamton,MAFebruary 11, 2014
Very physical, ladder climbing, working at tall heights.

Iron work essentials, safety protocols.

Interactive management.

Competent co-workers.

The varying elements (weather) could be challenging.

Job satisfaction, and production.
Pros
Employee friendly, and safety concscience work environment.
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cianbro. Our community is ready to answer.