CIBA Vision Employee Reviews

Good job its enjoyable
SPC/MRI Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 30, 2017
The job consists of inspecting molds for contacts for flaws as well as inspecting the contacts as well. consistently pull contacts from moving molds consecutively and place in vile and take back to lab for inspection the fill out forms to that effect and file as well as distribute to different areas for review and resolution
Pros
The job is great as you continue you will learn more about the industry
Cons
Relating to the people on a personal level needs work and they try to implement it through classes, some employees people skills are dry don't separate work relations from personal
Great while it lasted.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 29, 2017
Very great place to work. Management treated workers well. During the recession company had to restructure. Was bought out causing harm to senoir employees.
Mixed cultures and friendly environment
PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, USAMarch 24, 2017
Safety was more emhpasised and, quality of product. Met different people from different countries with cultures and values. Managements was so excellent. Adapting to the weather though air condition was provided.
Pros
401k, balanced social life
Cons
not that Im aware of
Worst Company I ever worked for.
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2017
Good old boys club. Misogynistic management.Hardly any women worked with me. toxic work environment. Pitted employees against each other. Mind games
Pros
Cons
Toxic managment
A very enjoyable place to work
Lead Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 29, 2016
all equipment ran on consistent basis without much breakdowns.
I was given opportunities to learn above my expectations to better myself. Management would give you a chance if that's what your desire was. Nothing was really hard about the job. I enjoyed the team atmosphere that our shift produced.
Product development engineer job was rewarding
Sr. Validation Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 18, 2016
I had a very understanding a easy to work wih manager who helped me through the project. Operators were available when I needed them to do something for me.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PRNovember 10, 2016
It was a good company because give me the best knowledge on the necesary fields and privides me experience for subsequent experiences. In that company I learn how good is to work together.
Productive and gained a lot of experience.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 28, 2016
I learned a lot from the company and my co-workers. Had fun working with them. The company transferred to another place.
It was productive
Technician B (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a production operator we made contact lens there. it was a 12 hour shift nights. We had lots of employees from all walks of life. I enjoyed working there. The hardest part was staying up all night 12hr for 13years. Working with such good people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Had on site lunch service
Experience with CIBA VISION/Alcon
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (KAM)-Southern Area (Former Employee) –  Atlanta/Johns Creek GaMay 1, 2016
My many different at CIBA VISION in multiple job roles and titles include but were not limited to. Driving sales, product launches , training of new hires. I had a class that I taught for years with all of the new hires, called " A day in the life" this was created to provide after all if the technical training of the Contact lens industry how to go " Above and beyond " to exceed account expectations. My class consistently received the highest ranking that a new representative would comment on when reviewing there training experience. My last position was with Alcon after CIBA and Alcon merged. I was responsible for the interaction between faculty and students and the relationship with Alcon at the ten Optometry schools and colleges on the east coast and Puerto Rico. I was credited with the largest most successful gathering of faculty, students, residents, administration and the entire Alcon team, Eye care, Vision Care 7 Surgical in Salus University-PCO history. I loved my interaction with the students and the opportunity to educate them by bring KOL'S on campus to provide them with knowledge to take into their upcoming career. I cannot say there was a hard part of any of my jobs in this organization, that is why I chose to stay for almost thirty years. The part I enjoyed most was the triangle relationship between myself, the customer and the company and seeing that relationship grow in virtually every position I was fortunate enough to be promoted to.
Pros
The entire relationship
Incredible place to work
Project Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 27, 2016
This is a great company that offers advancement to all employees. The company continues to invest in capital equipment and the employees.
Pros
Saleries and Benefits
Cons
Traffic / Commute
Its a very producted places to work , their was room to move up ladder , great place altogether to work
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
Ciba Vision was a great places to work it had a great retirement , benefit , room to move up the ladder. It was a very great experience place to work
Great place
Scientist R&D (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work. If you work hard and do your best, you will get noticed here. Ciba Vision is now a part of Alcon. I wouldn't work here unless it's a fulltime job. Temps rarely ever get hired.
Productive and great work place
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be to setup and monitoring the machine.
I also learned that the atmosphere great breeding grounds for good
leadership skills.
Typical job.
Conventional/ Wet Processing Procedures (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2015
Not surprised that the company was sold to another company because of poor management. This company was very unorganized and play favorites among the employees, meaning: it's not what you know is who you know to move up the ladder.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Unorganized.
Nice place to work
Lead Production Technician B (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 20, 2015
Very nice facility with good pay and benefits. Drive from home was just too far and had to find something closer. Other than that a great organization.
Productive workplace, full of experiences.
Lab. Formulation Technician/QA Lab. Technician (Former Employee) –  Cidra, Puerto RicoApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work included calibrating equipment and performing laboratory duties. I learned medical device procedures necessary in the industry workforce. My co-workers were very professionals and committed with the company standards. The hardest part of the job are the long overtime hours and the most enjoyable part of the job was performing my job with dedication and learning more everyday.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
rotative shifts
Making sure that contact lens were in good quality.A very good company to work for.
Inspection/Randstad (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Taking care of the public was enjoyable. I learn how to inspect contact lens. Management was very nice and made sure the work was done. coworkers nice and friendly very helpful. There were no hard job. Making sure that production was done every day.
typical work day
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 17, 2014
A typical would be taking various materials to various departments as needed that was part of the process making of contact lenses.And on some days I loaded and unloaded trucks as well because being a material coordinator requires you to multi-task at least in the company that I worked for,as well as processing out going mail and UPS shipments as well.
Pros
very good company health care and benefits such as vacations.
Cons
short breaks and not a lot of company holidays
Very Productive
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 24, 2014
I learned how to make contact lenses. I inspect everything from the solution to the packing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBA Vision. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2