CIBA Vision Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Scientist R&D (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work. If you work hard and do your best, you will get noticed here. Ciba Vision is now a part of Alcon. I wouldn't work here unless it's a fulltime job. Temps rarely ever get hired.
Its a very producted places to work , their was room to move up ladder , great place altogether to work
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
Ciba Vision was a great places to work it had a great retirement , benefit , room to move up the ladder. It was a very great experience place to work
Incredible place to work
Project Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 27, 2016
This is a great company that offers advancement to all employees. The company continues to invest in capital equipment and the employees.
Pros
Saleries and Benefits
Cons
Traffic / Commute
Typical job.
Conventional/ Wet Processing Procedures (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2015
Not surprised that the company was sold to another company because of poor management. This company was very unorganized and play favorites among the employees, meaning: it's not what you know is who you know to move up the ladder.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Unorganized.
Nice place to work
Lead Production Technician B (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 20, 2015
Very nice facility with good pay and benefits. Drive from home was just too far and had to find something closer. Other than that a great organization.
Excellent Company
National Account Director, Wal-Mart, 110M (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 8, 2014
Responsible for $110M in total revenue, including strategic planning and execution for top four accounts lens and lens care revenue and share growth thru implementation of innovative “at shelf promotion”, doctor and pharmacy education programming, and cross-promotional merchandising, product placement, and inventory management working directly with HQ executives and national buyers.
Pros
culture
Cons
not applicable
Productive and great work place
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be to setup and monitoring the machine.
I also learned that the atmosphere great breeding grounds for good
leadership skills.
Cohesive place to work, good relations between management and employees.
Electro-Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work included reviewing production logs for defects and take the appropriate corrective actions. Monitor systems to ensure corrections were effective.

I learned to take ownership of my production lines giving me a sense of pride to ensure that they were producing above and beyond the production requirements.

Management were very supportive of the production team and tried to ensure that we had what we needed to get the job done despite all the constraints.

My co-workers were a diverse group and worked hard and above and beyond expectations at times to achieve the goals that were set by the production schedule.

The hardest part of the job at times were when we had issues with the production process because of a change of vendors and we were not made aware of the change and their product was not within the tolerance of the previous vendor which made a diffence in the end product.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for reaching the goals set by the company.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
long hours at times
great place to work
Mold inspection/ QC (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 12, 2012
shift meetings to review daily lot productions.
Learned leadership skills. I learned how to use many teasting and measuring devices.
management was good.
co-workers were great and worked as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the taskes were specialized and you were able to learn great details about your area of the production process in a short time.
benefits
Cons
i dont know any
Great Company to work for and co-workers many had been there since the copany started.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 28, 2014
I would attend daily production meetings. Monitor my QA technicians in-process quality checks at packing lines as necessary. Participate in GMP Inspection. Review Incident Reports and report investigation/root cause, corrective action with Quality Manager. Monitor Department employee payroll hours reporting for accuracy and overtime justification. Oversee Scale Calibration and assist in repairs/replacement as necessary. Ensure proper Quality documentation review and organized storage. Review QA Hold Inventories for accuracy and frequency of physical verification. Supervise job specific Quality Assurance Standard Operating Procedure training.
Pros
good benefits, yearly employee picnics, and car raffles for the employees.
Cons
none.
A very interesting and exciting place of employment
Lens Inspector (Former Employee) –  John's CreekJanuary 21, 2014
Ciba Vision was a VERY exciting company to work for. Each night we had to reach a quota of 8,000 lenses. It was a "wet" laboratory. They came soaking in saline solution, and my job was to detect, and separate damaged lenses from the good ones. Determining what types of damages to each using a microscope. Management was over the top family-like, co-workers as well, we all keep one another encouraged, smiling, and woke (graveyard shift), and often helped one another reach those quotas. the hardest part of the job was fighting sleepiness which often came towards the end of the shift. I mostly enjoyed inspecting. I remember being so excited each night to get to work that i hardly got my proper sleep, but that didn't stop me from being productive, i was energized always.
Pros
energy supplements, coffee and sweet pastries complementary for some "pep"
Cons
everything in my work area was wet....everything!
fun and very good productive workplace with caring co-workers and a great management team.
Quality Control Team (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 25, 2012
I love everything about Ciba Vision, from management to the clearning team were all very nice people to work with.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
the traffic on 141 wasn't too fun
typical work day
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 17, 2014
A typical would be taking various materials to various departments as needed that was part of the process making of contact lenses.And on some days I loaded and unloaded trucks as well because being a material coordinator requires you to multi-task at least in the company that I worked for,as well as processing out going mail and UPS shipments as well.
Pros
very good company health care and benefits such as vacations.
Cons
short breaks and not a lot of company holidays
A fun yet sometimes stresfull work envoirmant
Key Accounts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 1, 2013
*I managed several high volume accounts, providing all aspects of customers service to both internal and external accounts.

*I was able to take a lot of courses and training classes to advance my skill set.

*I worked with many of my co-workers for more then 15 years and we became like family.

*The hardest part of my job was the mad rush to meet quarterly sales goals when the sales force was behind in achieving their quotas.

*The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my customers and helping fulfill their needs.
Pros
had a lot of perks such as family days, lot of freebies and annual bonuses.
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement.
Productive workplace, full of experiences.
Lab. Formulation Technician/QA Lab. Technician (Former Employee) –  Cidra, Puerto RicoApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work included calibrating equipment and performing laboratory duties. I learned medical device procedures necessary in the industry workforce. My co-workers were very professionals and committed with the company standards. The hardest part of the job are the long overtime hours and the most enjoyable part of the job was performing my job with dedication and learning more everyday.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
rotative shifts
Making sure that contact lens were in good quality.A very good company to work for.
Inspection/Randstad (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Taking care of the public was enjoyable. I learn how to inspect contact lens. Management was very nice and made sure the work was done. coworkers nice and friendly very helpful. There were no hard job. Making sure that production was done every day.
It was a good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 29, 2012
At Ciba Vision, I worked 12 hrs daily. I worked on my assinged machine and also do some paper works.
I learnt how to multi-task, doing several things at the same time.
The Management was okay except for when some of the plants where moved to Indonasia,which eventually led to laying off of workers.
The hardest part of the job was working 12hr shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working on HMI ie Human Machine Interface,automation by just pressing the button.
Pros
incentives to go to six flags, end of year party
Cons
team leaders had too much power to fire an employee.
Productive and fun place to work.
Key Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 18, 2012
I have enjoyed my time at Cibavision. This has been a wonderful place to work. I looked forward to going to work daily. I worked with a great group of people. Because this was a growing company, they kept up with technology . Classes were offered monthly to keep employee's up with the fast pace changing software.
Pros
great benefits, and vacation packages
Cons
n/a
This company only takes care of their Executive Level employees and are not a fair acts company for all.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 30, 2011
This company is not a fair acts company only respects the upper level executives. Everyone involved should be able to communicate effectively with their Manager and the open door policy only applies to certain individuals.
Pros
none.
Cons
very prejudice employers, hr does not treat you fair at all.
One of the best places to work for.
Molding Technician / Setup (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 22, 2014
They have good work facilities with good AC in the summer and heat in winter.
Very clean with plenty of chairs and good personal protection equipment.
Very safe with no accidents. Good 401k and benefits friendly.
Good place to achieve if you go to school in your off shift time.

4.2