CIBER, Inc.

CIBER, Inc. Employer Reviews

No committment to employees, poor benefits
Consultant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 4, 2013
Pros: free professional training from ciber, co-workers are professionals
Cons: poor health insurance package, poor sales force, management needs to practice what it preaches
Ciber had the sales department managing the consultants. Sales are sales and not managers for a reason. The corporate mission is to sell consulting services as IT experts (like the big 6), but in reality consultants are sold as staff augmentation. They really don't have the sales expertise to sell consulting services, only staff augmentation. Sales – more... needs to do a better job selling the services of CIBER as more than just a contracting house. If your contract ends, they do try to find another contract for you, but if not, you are let go.

The Michigan office is the largest in the nation, but it has the worst health, dental and vision insurance. You are stuck with an HMO. – less
Senior Certified SAP Consultant
SAP Senior Consultant / Technical Lead (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 3, 2013
Pros: decent compensation
Cons: poor management
Not a very stable firm when it comes to day to day responsibilities. There is no communication chain and never a team.
Good company to work for.
Help Desk Analyst on the Bayer Contract (Former Employee), Robinson Township, PAApril 29, 2013
Pros: the people-coworkers
I was there on a 4 year contract. Good company, great management.
High Achiever
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoApril 19, 2013
Pros: working with highly motivated people
Cons: cold weather
Ensure output exceeded requirements. High work ethic; leadership qualities
Excellent professional consulting environment
project Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2013
Pros: great mentors to help me grow.
Cons: low pay, opportunities as consulting service opportunities came available
Excellent professional consulting environment, learned and exercised new skills. Great mentors to help me grow.

Managed
ten programmers, one business analysts and one HIPPA specialist
Recruiter
Contracted LAN Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 11, 2013
Ciber was a wonderful refruiter to work for and really looked after their contractors
help desk analyst
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 8, 2013
Pay attention to customers when they describe their computer problems
Ask customers questions to properly diagnose the problem
Walk customers through the problem-solving steps
Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices
Train users to use new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email
Give – more... information to others in the organization about what gives customers the most trouble and other concerns customers have – less
Great place to work at World Bank
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2013
Analyze service order requests for accuracy and system compliance and perform programming of the DMS-100 telephone switch for moves, adds and changes in response to these requests perform programming of the Octel, Call Pilot, and faxmail messaging systems perform programming of the various ACD call distribution systems design and implement call distribution – more... and voice messaging applications update, quality control and ensure data integrity of the Telecommunications Asset Management Database (TAMS) monitor the above systems for proper operation and assist in trouble-reporting and resolution efforts monitor the above systems for capacity and assist in capacity planning and system upgrades provide technical guidance to TS Telecom Analysts prepare standard and ad-hoc reports – less
Not best vendor
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: bad health benefits, zero paid time off, sub-par pay rate
This temp agency (vendor) prided itself on being "No.1 in outsourcing". They actually sent out a newsletter to my business email with that in the header. While the corporation I was at was negotiating a labor contract. Wow, classy!

Their HR reps were snobby, uninformed, preening and greedy. I'm not sure what their commissions were but I bet it was – more... A LOT more than, say Volt Staffing, TEK, or similar. Half of them drove Porches and Mercedes.

I got zero paid time off even after a year. No sick leave, no paid vacations, nada. The medical insurance -- wow, I wish I had NOT gotten it. It was over $500 month and it paid for nothing. The insurance company fought me on every little thing.

They had a rep for never offering raises, refusing to do annual employee evaluations, etc.

And they weren't above calling me at work on my company cell phone to ask me for the secure email addresses of the various project mgrs in my dept. Again, classy! – less

July 1, 2013

Did you work as a consultant (temp) or a full time employee? Reason I ask is it looks like they offer some vacation for full time employees and ofcourse bad benefits. I was looking around and came across a job here at ciber for a manager position.

Supportive company, lots of resources
Project Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: training, benefits
Cons: at the mercy of contracting...
CIBER took great care of both their people and their customer.
Good while contract lasted
Managed Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2013
I was a contractor with this agency, all was fine as long as the government contract was in place. I lost employment due to Ciber Inc loosing the contract. Overall I'd recommend the agency.
Ciber is an ok company
Plant IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not felexable on work hours
Ciber is an ok company to work for. They offer good benefits.
CIBER onlly work in automotive industry and not in any other forms of industry
Fun workplace alot of entry experience
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2013
Deployment technician for CIBER at the World Bank division in Washington, DC. Supported 9 client buildings, deploying new desktops and application and retrieving old workstations for decommission.
Loved my work there.
Sr. Proposal Manager & Knowledge Base Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 15, 2013
Pros: the people were great!
Cons: too much reorganzation; i had 5 supervisors in 3 years.
I enjoyed my work at Ciber, the people, and the location. If budget cuts had not eliminated my postion, I would still be there. I would love to return.
Worst managment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2013
Pros: it's a paycheck, usually skilled co-workers
Cons: really poor management
Never seen a company hire so many and such inept managers who are only able to shuffle papers. Management too interested in the customer which allow massive scope creep which managers then blame on the programmers. No need to go into communications ability because they don't have any.

The one thing to remember is that it will never be a managers fault – more... because it's yours no matter how much you can prove otherwise. The brought in several vendor representatives to hang a managers screw up on me and the vendors blamed the manager. The next day my contract was not renewed. – less
Good company to contract with
PROJECT MANAGER / WEB MANAGER (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2013
I contracted with them for 2.5 years. They provided weekly webinars to increase your knowledge base. Only con would be they don't have a lot of opportunities outside larger markets.
Consulting firm
MVS Systems Programmer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2013
If you are a dedicated, motivated consultant - this company can work for you. For me the risk of consulting is too much and therefore I prefer a perm. position.
Ok company at a particular client site
Junior IT Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2013
IT Company, no benefits. You'll have to lower your salary in order to receive benefits. Management isn't that great, lacking leadership skills and is too personal with a couple of the female employees.
Good to work for
Ford Credit employee (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: close to home
Gave me new opportunity
Learned new products
good co-workers
good work environment
good feedback
Flexible, Fast Pace
Executive Assistant to Vice-President (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 28, 2013
Honest, and Fast place environment attending to the needs of a busy executive in the technology area.

About CIBER, Inc.

No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that provides enterprise – Read more