CIBER, Inc.

CIBER, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good to work for
Ford Credit employee (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: close to home
Gave me new opportunity
Learned new products
good co-workers
good work environment
good feedback
Flexible, Fast Pace
Executive Assistant to Vice-President (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 28, 2013
Honest, and Fast place environment attending to the needs of a busy executive in the technology area.
Was amazing place until mgmt changed direction
Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay, little room for advancement
I was hired in at the beginning of a large contract with a major health insurance company. In the early days, we had amazing managers and all the support we needed, even though the pay rate was low. Once company mgmt decided on a new direction to cut costs, people bailed left & right and the few left behind had to pick up the slack. It was a nice ride while it lasted.
Consulting Firm
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 23, 2013
Ciber is a consulting firm that is having difficulty transitioning from a staffing model to a project based model.
Great People and place to work
Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2013
Great people and place to work etc. Review company site for more information.
Great Company
Strategy Planning Manager (Contractual) (Current Employee), Southfield, MI.January 10, 2013
Great company to work for as the have good contracts.
Coworkers were very helpful and team oriented.
Demanding
Director (Current Employee), Kansas CityJanuary 8, 2013
Lots of opportunities
Good People
Hard work
Good customers
Global delivery is challenging but works well
Must be self motivated
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 4, 2013
Great work environment, but not much room for advancement in the department that I worked in. Good employee benefits and good support for home life, work/life balance. Great co-workers.
Don't work for this company
Consultant (Former Employee), Wherever they sent meDecember 17, 2012
Pros: having a job for a while
Cons: project management, hr depr and lack of caring for their employees.
This company doesn't care about their consultants. They only care about getting a warm body for their projects. HR department is horrible and non professional. The project management are rude and cut throat when it comes to working on the projects themselves instead of managing them. Came across a PM that used profanity on the client side. Totally unprofessional. So beware of accepting a position with this company... You'll be out of a job within a year.

December 20, 2012

Very stingy company, to say the least. The salary compensation is the lowest I have seen in the SAP industry. The benefits package is also average. All the company cares about is revenue. Even the middle-management doesn't recommend higher salaries for the consultants.

Good
Change Management Analyst (Lead) (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 29, 2012
In cooperation with Business Units, their stakeholders and end-users, I’ve researched, developed, support and provide instruction and solutions to make technology-enhanced learning an effective and rewarding experience. I have worked closely team members to bring courses online, and to enhance the usability and aesthetic qualities of Web interfaces, presentations, conferencing technologies and instructional materials.
Contracting Firm
Team Captain WDW Global Customer Support Center (Former Employee), Longwood, FLNovember 5, 2012
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
This was too long ago to give a fair and honest description. The fact that it is on my resume, I must not have any thing negative to say about them.
Management were awesome
SBIRS Ground Base Missile Defense Test Director (Former Employee), Aurora, CO & Boulder CoOctober 29, 2012
Pros: great people, management understands that we are people not numbers
Cons: sub-contractor, no prime contracts in my field
management at Ciber really cared, they went the extra mile to help out..
Non productive, bossy, big in micro management, solid
Principal Consultant (Current Employee), Hasting, MNOctober 25, 2012
Pros: did not find any, sometime lots of wasting time, so might be able to study.
Cons: read the reviews, there is enough there.
Bad planning and resource management ended up to be non productive. Very bad management and resource management ended up with very long and many times redoing the same project and placing wrong people at the wrong positions.
Good Employer
Technical Analyst / Database Designer (Former Employee), Longwood, FLOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good position
Cons: less pay than direct hire
This was a consulting job but a full-time position. The work was completely onsite at customer location. There were decent benefits, made friends there, only left because I pursued a full-time position at customer.
CIBER Is a Worst Company
Consultant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 19, 2012
Cons: management, less pay
I'm currently working for Telecommunications company through CIBER. The worst vendor company I've ever worked. Please don't apply jobs through CIBER.

October 23, 2012

I totally agree! Their HR dept is terrible. They need a whole new HR team/person.

January 27, 2013

I AGREE!

Worst vendor ever
Programmer (Former Employee), BellevueSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: there is nothing i can think off and there is nothing i liked about them
Cons: no chance for raise in pay, management will not care about the consultant
The Client managers dont care about the consultants who work for them. There is nothing like retention of employees atleast in this place. They squeeze the consultants as much as possible.
Worst Vendor Ever - Worser than worse
Programmer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: no, not at all and none.
Cons: no transparency in work distribution, worst time estimates, billing is less and even won't pay you if any small thing goes wrong.
@ Charlotte , North Carolina
The ciber manager at the client location took the statement of responsibility and never has realistic goals.After completing the project with difficulties, though the time sheets are approved they are no paying for the work done for 2 months.which is worst ever ethical practice taken by them.

I suggest never join a project through them
Project I was assigned to...
Technical Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 30, 2012
was not very well managed. In the course of a year, my supervisor changed multiple times and for at least 4 months I didn't even know who to report to. Very very poor communication between management and the folks on the ground.
Nice professional office environment
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great office location
Cons: keurig coffeemaker is going
I have a flexible work schedule where I could work from home or office.

My management is out state and hard to connect in person with.

I enjoy the work environment and co-workers there.
They are very unorganized
N/A (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2012
Cons: all
I've seen them interview people and shun them, then bring the same people in for interview 5 months later and not hire them or if they do hire them they are quick to fire.

About CIBER, Inc.

No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that provides enterprise – Read more

CIBER, Inc. Salaries