CIBER, Inc.

CIBER, Inc. Employer Reviews

Worst Vendor Ever - Worser than worse
Programmer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: no, not at all and none.
Cons: no transparency in work distribution, worst time estimates, billing is less and even won't pay you if any small thing goes wrong.
@ Charlotte , North Carolina
The ciber manager at the client location took the statement of responsibility and never has realistic goals.After completing the project with difficulties, though the time sheets are approved they are no paying for the work done for 2 months.which is worst ever ethical practice taken by them.

I suggest never join a project – more... through them – less
Project I was assigned to...
Technical Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 30, 2012
was not very well managed. In the course of a year, my supervisor changed multiple times and for at least 4 months I didn't even know who to report to. Very very poor communication between management and the folks on the ground.
Nice professional office environment
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great office location
Cons: keurig coffeemaker is going
I have a flexible work schedule where I could work from home or office.

My management is out state and hard to connect in person with.

I enjoy the work environment and co-workers there.
They are very unorganized
N/A (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2012
Cons: all
I've seen them interview people and shun them, then bring the same people in for interview 5 months later and not hire them or if they do hire them they are quick to fire.
Good place to work for awhile.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule and wfh. good leadership team.
Cons: no chance for raise in pay.
Make sure you get the pay and title you want when you get in because chances for advancement are slim. Most position changes are lateral in nature and include more duties without a pay rate change.

The company is committed to bringing thier procedures for technical support into compliance for providers. The helpdesk branch of the company has a good – more... bunch of leaders but not enough money to develop the kind of world wide excellence capability, but are improving steadily anyway. – less
Good consulting business and works well with business clients.
Consultant - AMC Theatres (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2012
Pros: free movies
Cons: could have some long days and nights
On a daily basis I interacted with many departments to solve business questions as it realted to our financial systems. I learned various funtions of the business and the sponsors involved. My co-workers were engaged and helped with all projects that were initiated by the business. The hardest part of the job was being on-call 24/7. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was interacting with the business personel and solving issues. – less
Horrible Experience
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), MicrosoftAugust 3, 2012
Pros: ziltch! i seriously could not think of one thing i liked about them
Cons: communication and interpersonal relationship
I've struggled over this experience ever since leaving; not really knowing if there was something I did or if they are just really a mess.
Even after asking over and over, I was told there was nothing I did. Therefore, they are a mess. Communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills are non-existent. I seriously doubt they know what the client – more... needs and wants, and I really question whether they know what they want when recruiting people. – less
Managemnet didnot care about their employes
Payroll Specialist- Processed (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 26, 2012
Pros: close to home (2.5 minutes to work)
Cons: management
Managemnet was very unaware of workload. Continue to add deadline after deadline that had to be completed before you left at the end of the day. Managemnet always left on time.
Overall Ciber was a great place to work with exceptional co-workers.
A Nightmare!
Consultant (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 24, 2012
Cons: deceptive in every way as an employer.
No raises for anyone for over a decade even after top mgmt mandates yearly evaluations for the first time. I can sum this place up easily in its own metaphoric way. The chairs you sit in smell so bad because they haven't been replaced or cleaned in over a decade.
Employees with years of experience and have recently trained others finally get a job title – more... as level one. Need I say more? – less
Help Desk
Help Desk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2012
Great place to learn and enjoy the technology on the rise. It was new and fresh. Unfortunately, the location was not a fit for me and my husband.
Excellent Recruiter
Consultant / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJuly 23, 2012
Pros: takes care of you
Cons: don't know of any
Top recruiting agency takes care of you. Offers excellent compensation.
Great employer
Help Desk (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits. etc....
Excellent company to work. For. They have treated me great.
Monitoring the surrounding areas
Custodian (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 15, 2012
Pros: have breaks
Cons: no benefits
The job seemed very intuitive because of constant monitoring under uncleared personnel in the cleared building. The day at work is mostly making sure that none of the uncleared personnel strayed away from their duties. I learned to be more assertiveness and patience on the job. I didn't have that many co-workers but I couldn't really socialize in this – more... particular job. The hardest part is making sure the uncleared personnel has everything with them and the long hours. The good part about the job is that you learn to work hands on but also have the patience for the uncleared personnel and teaches you how to have strong presence around people. – less
Stale
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2012
Night-shift, weekends. 9pm-8am.
VERY low call volume as a help desk.
Very little communication from upper management. POOR TRAINING.
Co-workers generally kept to themselves. (Not a problem.)
Staying up late working a backwards schedule was tough.
No room for advancement; achievements met with "shrug-of-the-shoulder".
Small minded ego-centric management
Corporate Red Team Delivery Excellence Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2012
No loyalty to clients or consultants and a constant re-org churn makes this company a constant revolving door.
This was a contract job at a federal agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 21, 2012
Pros: good training, equipment and office provided by client.
Cons: being a contractor in a federal agency does not always mean equality.
This was a position in the IT department and i enjoyed working with everyone in my organization. I received training from the client that helped facilitate my job. I enjoyed working with the federal and contract employees in every organization.
The hardest part of the job? There wasn't any! I enjoyed the work, the management and co-workers. It all kept – more... me busy every day. – less
Worked as an external employee to State Farm
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 9, 2012
This job was very challenging but the job was also a learning experience. My contract was renewed 5 times before the work slowed down. Each employee, both internal and external worked well together to accomplish the business goals. We worked with agents throughout the United States to make sure that their software and hardware worked properly. We also – more... tested new software before sending it out to the agent's computer systems. I enjoyed working with others (employees and agents) and the satisfaction that we were able to keep the agents working smoothly through helpdesk type fixes. – less
Very very poor Company
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), MIJune 6, 2012
Pros: they give free lunch one time in a year
Cons: ciber tries to keep more than 70% billing rate at the client place, if you are desperate to take offer, they squeeze more.
I can't give even ONE STAR.
Ciber tries to keep more than 70% billing rate at the client place. If you are desperate to take offer, they squeeze more.
No value to the contractors, they treat like a slaves.
No Job security, can fire at any time.
Very poor management, un-professional work place.

I don't know why other reviewers are saying Ciber is good – more... company. I guess Ciber itself making good reviews.

If you work for one time then you know how worst this company is....
This kind of companies shouldn't exists in this economy I'll celebrate if this company declare Bankrupt. – less

June 29, 2012

I concur with you, similar very bad experience. A Sr. Recruiter asked me for a time to talk to him, and never called me back on providing a day and time. On top of it, when I called him to check if we wanted to reschedule, he told me he will call me back and let me know in an hour. But never returned the call. Extremely unprofessional company!

Excellent Place to Start
Team Lead/Desktop Rollout Specialist (Former Employee), West Orange, NJMay 15, 2012
I worked for the company during the 1990's and they were one of the best companies out there. The branch manager however for whom I worked actually took my "paid vacations" or PTO time out of my salary!! I didn't notice it until I'd one day calculated my hourly rate and discovered the chicanery. He then offered to make me a team lead to keep me quiet.

Later, – more... based on merit, I was able to advance in the company and worked for a different manager who was actually honest. – less
Unsupportive and Dishonest
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2012
Pros: i wasn't unemployed, some of my co-workers were nice
Cons: dishonest management
Was hired for an engagement with a major client in insurance. The client had lots of unreasonable demands and constantly tried to make us look bad. There was also an off-shore contractor doing their best to undercut us. The company didn't do much to defend us, even though it might have been in their best interests to do so.

The lead sales rep for the – more... account came to our location and told us that the client was happy and that everyone was going to continue working through the next year. Two or three days later they fired two people. I was out of there soon afterward. – less

May 24, 2012

I have applied many times with this company, but it never went beyond the application. They must have black listed me.

June 6, 2012

I run into the same situation at Ciber client place in WI. Ciber sales rep promised us project can go for 4 to 5 years. but it ended in a month time. They didn't provide any reallocation expenses or short time accommodation. Since the project is long I did spend all those expenses i.e $3000 from my pocket. Client likes my technical strengths but they don't want to keep any resource from Ciber.

About CIBER, Inc.

No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that provides enterprise – Read more