Ciber Employee Reviews

Job Shop
Consultant - T-Mobile (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 24, 2016
The only thing they care about is getting people placed. They put you there, they drop you and then the only communications you get from leadership is multiple reminders each week to submit your timesheet on time so everyone gets paid. They can't even be bothered with scheduling those reminders so they are accurate for the timezone in which you are working. The reminders are set to make life easier for the processors who couldn't care less about the consultant.
That same attitude about the consultants is pervasive throughout the entire organization. I have yet to meet anyone there who truly cares about the people. They don't give raises and there is always some reason not to give the full bonus, even when the consultant has done everything they committed to deliver for their bonus.
Contracted employee to large insurance company
Enterprise Provisioning Engineer/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 15, 2016
As an employee of CIBER I am contracted to work at a large midwest insurance company where I support the systems upon which the company does its work. Each day is filled with challenges where I get to utilize my troubleshooting skills.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Contract work is less stable
Pharmaceutical Project Manager
Pharmaceutical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 19, 2016
Work at client's Diabetes headquarters and assist the Portfolio team with whatever they need. I approve of my co-workers and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Standard and efficient medium sized consulting firm
Lead IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 11, 2016
Prototype as far as expectations for a medium size industry. Each position may give you a different perspective though. Benefits are good. Time off is wonderful. Good place to work.
Pros
Snacks in the lobby frequently
Cons
Depending on the project, you may get overworked.
Great Company
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2016
I am contracted through Ciber to PennDOT. I have been at PennDOT for almost 5 years. I have been allowed and encouraged to push my skill level and knowledge base almost as far as I want to pursue. It is a very satisfying work environment. My immediate supervisor allows me great freedom to hone my skills and learn new technologies as they become available.
Pros
Parking pass
Cons
Fun place to work with good employees
Parts Management Analyst - Contract to Ford (Current Employee) –  Contract to FordJuly 27, 2016
I love the job and the people that I work with. Benefits are not the best and Unlimited PTO is not Unlimited! There are not clear cut boundries between Ford and Ciber that does become a problem at times.
Productive and Most Interactive workplace
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2016
Ciber, Inc. is a global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company with commercial clients. Ciber has delivered the technical savvy and IT solutions that help businesses achieve strategic goals. A global IT consulting company with some 6,500 people. A friendly environment where to learn and develop our career.
Terrible corporate culture
Consultant ­ Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2016
As a contractor for ciber day to day work was great as we were a small group contracted to local government. Any interaction with the actual ciber corporate was painful and unproductive. Everything with the company is middle manager and VP purgatory. The company is not willing to pay decent wages and has an extremely difficult time hiring employees who can pass a background check. Every time our client had an issue to address with ciber they were either outright lied to, mislead or never addressed.
Pros
Good when you're outsourced
Cons
Terrible corporate culture of middle managers
lots of help with resumee building
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 26, 2016
i was employed through the resource transition service they were very helpful i had plenty of help with resumee building and skill identification

the office environment was modern and conveniently close to several metro area expressways
Pros
helpful compotent staff
Cons
no real contact since my contract ended
Good Benefits and Flexibility
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 20, 2016
Good contract organization with flexible employment opportunities, diverse client base, and opportunities to move into other areas of employment as is available.
Company looks after you, just don't expect to hear from them too much if you are an isolated team
MIS Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2016
Was not based at any main offices, small team for main high revenue contract.

Never saw much of management, and CEO changed almost every year I was employed by them. Benefits coverage was amazing, full coverage for anyone you included on the plan.

No chance of moving up the ladder really.
Pros
Amazing benefits, small tight knit team.
Cons
little to no contact from main management unless it is time for contract renewal of client, chances of promotion are next to none (but we were not part of the main office so....).
Some of the best and brightest people I have had the great fortune to work with.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016

Great coaching from direct supervisors. Learned valuable skills in moving from solutioning to change management and engaging stakeholders as partners in the process.

Excellent training resources available to support continued professional learning if you desire to use it.

Loved being part of practice maturity and the community forums that were created for collaboration and career development.
Pros
good pay, work life flexibility, learning
Cons
no raises, no advancement, unstable
Landing spot for transitioning executives or post career executives
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 19, 2016
Limited advancement opportunity with no company direction. Only focus is to ensure executive bonus structure is met.
Pros
Not much in office is required
Cons
Limited input taken
Good Place to work
PeopleSoft Absence Management Functional Lead (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 10, 2016
Good Place to Work. Maintains work life balance. Opportunity to grow within the organisation. Salary needs to improve.
Transition and Insecurity
Principal SAP SuccessFactors Project Manager (Former Employee) –  anywhere, USAMarch 24, 2016
Company seems to be in constant turmoil and instability. They don't promote from within, preferring to bring people from outside. In 40 months, I went through 5 vice-presidents. No loyalty to their staff and a low tolerance for the "Bench" -- once you are not billing as a consultant, your employment becomes questionable. On the HR side, they still claw back 30% of your accumulated PTO time (purportedly to compensate for any"sick" time off) and their diminutive contribution to employees' 401 (K) plans require almost 6 years of service to be vested. Ridiculous in today's work culture.
Pros
good people to work with, Most of the consultants that I met were First Class
Cons
Weak sales and lack of loyalty to their employees
Strong organization
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Very supportive group that provided extensive support during the duration of the client contract. Excellent leadership as well as project opportunities.
IT helpdesk company with foos ball table
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2016
IT helpdesk call center. Answering calls from customers from various companies that Ciber had contracts with. Helped customers with password reset issues and software error messages and issues. Call out to service desk analysts and issue tickets to help customers on their computer issues.
I've learned a lot of new programs and ways to resolve computer and software issues. The management was fun to work with. They were always trying to make it a fun work environment. The co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with.
Pros
Workplace was fun to be in
Cons
The pay
Salaried consultant, not paid for extra hours, contract based
Orlando Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2016
When recruited, you are told that you are consultant, moved from one project to the next. Salary based and they have a bench.

Reality, bench is one week. They do not put any effort into finding the next role. Many hours of unpaid time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
does not live up to promises
Ciber, Inc contractor review
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pitsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2016
The people at Ciber were always good to me. I was treated as a professional and they usually had the backs of their on-site consultants.
Pros
Good communication, good people
Cons
Subpar benefits
Nice place to work for. Good team environment.
Test Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 16, 2015
I only worked there for a couple of years, contracted to IBM in the Test Eng Dept. The culture was very open, and helpful. Most of my interaction was with the client (IBM). I was on site at IBM every day.