Ciber Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxing environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 9, 2017
MS office and excel, review emails. Every Friday set and prepare for new hire orientations, file paper work, mail, coordinate events, coordinate hotel reservations for our new hires and family, order office supplies, make sure there is snacks and refreshments for co-workers, visitor's as well as company meetings. Health insurance and flexible spending for employee's. Security and activate/inactive security badges.
Pros
Some free lunches and good work environment as well as being flexible
Ciber is poorly managed from the top and financially hurting
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 9, 2016
Because of continued bad decisions from top management Ciber is off-loading as many divisions as it can possibly sell for quick cash. They continue to have difficulty making payroll and they refuse to pay promised bonuses. Senior management is so far out of touch with what it takes to truly manage the daily operations, build new business and close sales that they keep missing on many opportunities they've been given.
Pros
Local senior management keeps trying, but corporate ties their hands
Cons
Corporate is so out of touch they cannot change
Job Shop
Consultant - T-Mobile (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 24, 2016
The only thing they care about is getting people placed. They put you there, they drop you and then the only communications you get from leadership is multiple reminders each week to submit your timesheet on time so everyone gets paid. They can't even be bothered with scheduling those reminders so they are accurate for the timezone in which you are working. The reminders are set to make life easier for the processors who couldn't care less about the consultant.
That same attitude about the consultants is pervasive throughout the entire organization. I have yet to meet anyone there who truly cares about the people. They don't give raises and there is always some reason not to give the full bonus, even when the consultant has done everything they committed to deliver for their bonus.
Consulting firm had several established clients
Senior FI/CO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2017
I typically worked at the client's location. The hardest part of the job was learning their culture and adapting to their needs. The co-workers were a major help and was a joy to work with.
Pros
Independence at client's location
Cons
Not being aggressive enough about new contracts
Contracted employee to large insurance company
Enterprise Provisioning Engineer/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 15, 2016
As an employee of CIBER I am contracted to work at a large midwest insurance company where I support the systems upon which the company does its work. Each day is filled with challenges where I get to utilize my troubleshooting skills.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Contract work is less stable
Project based company with little job security
Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2016
Company continues to struggle to identify a strategy and approach that works for its delivery model. Company needs to shift focus as a consulting company and not a project based company.
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Company Stability, Leadership, Quality of teammates
Was a great start of my career
Senior Software Engineer, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I was just fresh from Russia and it was a great start of my career both professionally and business wise. I learned a lot. It was a first time i was exposed to the consulting world
Pros
Great company - many opportunities
Cons
Some contracts could be longer
Great job, great people
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2016
On my last day, they had to let go half the company. Otherwise I'd likely be working there. However, it's only fair to note that the company has probably changed a lot since then as a result.

I'd rather not give a review at all as a result of that, but Indeed isn't giving me a choice.
No complaints thus far
Sr. QA Consultant/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 6, 2017
I have no complaints working with Ciber. I've enjoyed being part of Ciber. However, they should do more client visits to United Health Group.
Pros
Account Manager / Recruiter free lunches monthly
Cons
Account Managers should do more client visits
Great Company
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2016
I am contracted through Ciber to PennDOT. I have been at PennDOT for almost 5 years. I have been allowed and encouraged to push my skill level and knowledge base almost as far as I want to pursue. It is a very satisfying work environment. My immediate supervisor allows me great freedom to hone my skills and learn new technologies as they become available.
Pros
Parking pass
Terrible corporate culture
Consultant ­ Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2016
As a contractor for ciber day to day work was great as we were a small group contracted to local government. Any interaction with the actual ciber corporate was painful and unproductive. Everything with the company is middle manager and VP purgatory. The company is not willing to pay decent wages and has an extremely difficult time hiring employees who can pass a background check. Every time our client had an issue to address with ciber they were either outright lied to, mislead or never addressed.
Pros
Good when you're outsourced
Cons
Terrible corporate culture of middle managers
Ciber Work Day
Engineer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I assist the Design and Release Engineers with updating and keeping track of Bill of Materials using a system called AVBOM and WERS . The hardest part of the job is that the location that I am at does not train very well.
Productive and Most Interactive workplace
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2016
Ciber, Inc. is a global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company with commercial clients. Ciber has delivered the technical savvy and IT solutions that help businesses achieve strategic goals. A global IT consulting company with some 6,500 people. A friendly environment where to learn and develop our career.
Standard and efficient medium sized consulting firm
Lead IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 11, 2016
Prototype as far as expectations for a medium size industry. Each position may give you a different perspective though. Benefits are good. Time off is wonderful. Good place to work.
Pros
Snacks in the lobby frequently
Cons
Depending on the project, you may get overworked.
Company looks after you, just don't expect to hear from them too much if you are an isolated team
MIS Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2016
Was not based at any main offices, small team for main high revenue contract.

Never saw much of management, and CEO changed almost every year I was employed by them. Benefits coverage was amazing, full coverage for anyone you included on the plan.

No chance of moving up the ladder really.
Pros
Amazing benefits, small tight knit team.
Cons
little to no contact from main management unless it is time for contract renewal of client, chances of promotion are next to none (but we were not part of the main office so....).
lots of help with resumee building
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 26, 2016
i was employed through the resource transition service they were very helpful i had plenty of help with resumee building and skill identification

the office environment was modern and conveniently close to several metro area expressways
Pros
helpful compotent staff
Cons
no real contact since my contract ended
Na
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
I am working with Ciber since November 2009 and I really love their work culture and flexibility. Company provides lots of benefits for the employees. The work life balance is really good
Fun place to work with good employees
Parts Management Analyst - Contract to Ford (Current Employee) –  Contract to FordJuly 27, 2016
I love the job and the people that I work with. Benefits are not the best and Unlimited PTO is not Unlimited! There are not clear cut boundries between Ford and Ciber that does become a problem at times.
Pharmaceutical Project Manager
Pharmaceutical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 19, 2016
Work at client's Diabetes headquarters and assist the Portfolio team with whatever they need. I approve of my co-workers and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Some of the best and brightest people I have had the great fortune to work with.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016

Great coaching from direct supervisors. Learned valuable skills in moving from solutioning to change management and engaging stakeholders as partners in the process.

Excellent training resources available to support continued professional learning if you desire to use it.

Loved being part of practice maturity and the community forums that were created for collaboration and career development.
Pros
good pay, work life flexibility, learning
Cons
no raises, no advancement, unstable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.