Ciber Employee Reviews

long term contract
Interactive Media Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 21, 2017
I was a "web consultant" for cyber at a 3rd party. I ended up going in for a 30 day contract and stayed for 3+ years. Cyber was fine but I didn't really have to interact with them.
Good company culture & people
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 19, 2017
Overall good experience working at Ciber. Challenging work & interesting projects. Occasional travel is required for most projects. Inside training is also available.
Pros
Good benefits, nice work atmosphere
Awesome Company to Work For
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 15, 2017
Absolutely the best position I've heard since the start of my career. Workplace morale is very high and remote work is allowed at 85%. Management is absolutely some of the best in the industry. Very easy to work with and communication is great!
Ciber was very detail driven
HIPAA Project Director / Contract (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
I enjoy a structured environment that is detail driven. The contract I was under was specific to their contract with the City of Virginia Beach and I adhered to that.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
it was too far from home
I loved working for Ciber
Team Lead /Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 12, 2017
Loved working with my Team. Very Fast Pace company. Always something to do and never a dull moment . Never did the same thing every day and I was always Busy. I had the Best Manager anyone could ask for!
Joined an imploding company
Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 7, 2017
I hired on to Ciber when the stock price was well below $1, it was selling off European operations as quickly as it could, and eventually filed bankruptcy and was acquired by HTC Global.
Pros
Some limited work-from-home
Cons
Struggling to survive, no raises in 3 years, poor benefits package
productive learning environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
Developed Test strategy and Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Data, Metrics and other QA related documentations. Identified problems, defects, issues and what could go wrong and took appropriate steps at the earliest. Participated in staff, user and status meetings via WEBEX to identify issues to be corrected and relay work assignment status
Talked the talk, but...
Senior Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2017
Consultant experiences are 'all over the place': I worked as an individual on a client site, and also did WFH for Ciber (in both cases, was very isolated, felt disconnected).

Also worked at managed service for a major company. In those cases, best bring major 'clique' skills! (suck up & schmooze to get/keep good assignments.)

After contract is over, it's hit or miss re. getting a new assignment. Saw a LOT of talented consultants let go -- even for personality issues with client -- while popular people were carried between assignments. (Bad for morale.) Personally, I was not rewarded for achieving certification (which was highly encouraged), nor considered for next-rung jobs.

Meanwhile, people who DID get promotions had to put in major work on their own time.

Not surprising this company went Chap 11, poorly managed on many levels!
Pros
Great resources for self-education
Cons
Culture of job fear at end of contract
Nice Work/Life Balance
Delivery Director - Ciber Oracle Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2017
I was managing multiple clients in different time zones.
Had a Nice work/Life Balance
My Compensation below market rate
I was given multiple opportunities to learn
Growth Opportunities
Promotes learning
Questionable future
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 11, 2017
Ciber itself is just a middle man. Ciber hires you to work for a client. Your job experience will depend on that client. I was happy with my pay and benefits at Ciber. Once the contract ran out with the client they kept me "on the bench" for a week while I looked for other assignments then they laid me off. I have no hard feelings, that's pretty much standard for a company their size.

Since they've declared bankruptcy I'm not sure how good future prospects are going to be. I would imagine that clients will not want to do long-term deals with them because of their situation. No clients mean no jobs.

Take a job here with the understanding that you might be out looking again in a year. Not a bad company to work for, just a little more risky than others.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
risky given their financial status
3 stars due to poor management.
Junior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 9, 2017
Financial problems lead this company to declaring Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Contracts with their clients were unstable. Was there only for a short period of time.
comfortable and well-equipped office facility, casual work environment, focused on go-getter and self managing resources.
Programmer/Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2017
I was able to work from home on the two production support contracts that I worked on, although inter-consultant communications and interaction were heavily promoted.
Most learning was accomplished via client documentation or web-related searches.
Management and workplace culture was mostly hands-off providing that the client requirements and Ciber time management and reporting requirements were regularly met.
Hardest part of the job was daytime on-call and support,
Pros
work from home when approved by client
Cons
training and advancement
the people are great to work with in accounting
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111April 14, 2017
I enjoyed all my working relationships with management and the employees
The CFO is wonderful all of the Directors are great, the ability to learn was constant.
Out of Business
Remote Sales Support (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 14, 2017
Canada has some of the highest marijuana use in the world, according to the task force, especially amongst young people. About 30% of people aged 20-24 use cannabis.
The new framework would make it illegal to market marijuana products to children, or sell to anyone under 18. Provinces could raise the minimum age of consumption if they choose, the government says.
Great Place to Work
SR CONSULTANT - IBM Rational/Enterprise Processes (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2017
Great Place to Work
Team Atmosphere
Management is Excellent
Opportunities are endless
Recommend this company to anyone looking for a long term career path
Great team environment, even from home
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2017
Ciber as a whole is a great company, i am working with some of the best management, recruiter, account partners and directors. There a great team atmosphere in the office and when you are working from home.
Pros
Team players, 401K benefits PTO
Cons
Salary, promotions
This Company in one word SUCKS
Lead Lab Upgrade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Remote at homeMarch 28, 2017
Learned nothing...... wait I learned that Ciber screws people over by luring them in as "full time employees" then laying them off when the project is completed.
Pros
Cons
The whole company structure
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2017
This company has wonderful benefits; unlimited PTO, work from home, commuter and health plans. The downtown Pittsburgh location is in a convenient location close to parking and public transportation.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Project budget cuts
great place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2017
i was happy to work as a contractor at ciber. my work day was fun and my team was a very vibrant team who always get things done.
Great People To Work With But Company Has Lost Direction
Consultant - System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 4, 2017
I love the group and client I am working with. Have been with the client 18 years. But Ciber is a ship that has lost its direction. This change in direction every 1 or 2 has cause questions with many employees.
Pros
Health Care, Great People To Work With, Pto
Cons
No raise in years, Management need to pick a direction to move the company to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval