Ciber Employee Reviews

Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2017
This company has wonderful benefits; unlimited PTO, work from home, commuter and health plans. The downtown Pittsburgh location is in a convenient location close to parking and public transportation.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Project budget cuts
great place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2017
i was happy to work as a contractor at ciber. my work day was fun and my team was a very vibrant team who always get things done.
Great People To Work With But Company Has Lost Direction
Consultant - System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 4, 2017
I love the group and client I am working with. Have been with the client 18 years. But Ciber is a ship that has lost its direction. This change in direction every 1 or 2 has cause questions with many employees.
Pros
Health Care, Great People To Work With, PTO
Cons
No raise in years, Management need to pick a direction to move the company to.
Good company
Systems Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  City Hall 1300 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112January 25, 2017
Ciber is a good company to work for. They treat their employees fairly and honestly. I had absolutely no complaints with them during my tenure with them.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Can't think of any
good
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Provided good benefits, they were very communicative and paid good rates.
Management was very hand-on. They placed me in multiple jobs.
Just ok
SCCM Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 21, 2017
Ciber appears to be a smidgen above average for agency's. They do offer the best Time off policy I have seen. Benefits are fairly expensive and the coverage is terrible. I guess that is the norm nowadays. They try to communicate well, but some account managers could use some improvement. Many of them appear to be fresh out of college and lack experience. If your single I guess this would be alright. But if you have a family you may want to carefully consider this place if you are concerned about health benefits.

Training requires you to sign a 18 month agreement. Regardless if your contract ends voluntarily or not you are required to pay it back. Seems less reasonable than a 12 month agreement.
Pros
PTO, Pay
Cons
Benefits, Training
Was a great start of my career
Senior Software Engineer, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I was just fresh from Russia and it was a great start of my career both professionally and business wise. I learned a lot. It was a first time i was exposed to the consulting world
Pros
Great company - many opportunities
Cons
Some contracts could be longer
Fun and relaxing environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 9, 2017
MS office and excel, review emails. Every Friday set and prepare for new hire orientations, file paper work, mail, coordinate events, coordinate hotel reservations for our new hires and family, order office supplies, make sure there is snacks and refreshments for co-workers, visitor's as well as company meetings. Health insurance and flexible spending for employee's. Security and activate/inactive security badges.
Pros
Some free lunches and good work environment as well as being flexible
Ciber Work Day
Engineer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I assist the Design and Release Engineers with updating and keeping track of Bill of Materials using a system called AVBOM and WERS . The hardest part of the job is that the location that I am at does not train very well.
No complaints thus far
Sr. QA Consultant/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 6, 2017
I have no complaints working with Ciber. I've enjoyed being part of Ciber. However, they should do more client visits to United Health Group.
Pros
Account Manager / Recruiter free lunches monthly
Cons
Account Managers should do more client visits
Consulting firm had several established clients
Senior FI/CO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2017
I typically worked at the client's location. The hardest part of the job was learning their culture and adapting to their needs. The co-workers were a major help and was a joy to work with.
Pros
Independence at client's location
Cons
Not being aggressive enough about new contracts
Project based company with little job security
Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2016
Company continues to struggle to identify a strategy and approach that works for its delivery model. Company needs to shift focus as a consulting company and not a project based company.
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Company Stability, Leadership, Quality of teammates
Na
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
I am working with Ciber since November 2009 and I really love their work culture and flexibility. Company provides lots of benefits for the employees. The work life balance is really good
Great job, great people
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2016
On my last day, they had to let go half the company. Otherwise I'd likely be working there. However, it's only fair to note that the company has probably changed a lot since then as a result.

I'd rather not give a review at all as a result of that, but Indeed isn't giving me a choice.
Ciber is poorly managed from the top and financially hurting
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 9, 2016
Because of continued bad decisions from top management Ciber is off-loading as many divisions as it can possibly sell for quick cash. They continue to have difficulty making payroll and they refuse to pay promised bonuses. Senior management is so far out of touch with what it takes to truly manage the daily operations, build new business and close sales that they keep missing on many opportunities they've been given.
Pros
Local senior management keeps trying, but corporate ties their hands
Cons
Corporate is so out of touch they cannot change
Job Shop
Consultant - T-Mobile (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 24, 2016
The only thing they care about is getting people placed. They put you there, they drop you and then the only communications you get from leadership is multiple reminders each week to submit your timesheet on time so everyone gets paid. They can't even be bothered with scheduling those reminders so they are accurate for the timezone in which you are working. The reminders are set to make life easier for the processors who couldn't care less about the consultant.
That same attitude about the consultants is pervasive throughout the entire organization. I have yet to meet anyone there who truly cares about the people. They don't give raises and there is always some reason not to give the full bonus, even when the consultant has done everything they committed to deliver for their bonus.
Contracted employee to large insurance company
Enterprise Provisioning Engineer/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 15, 2016
As an employee of CIBER I am contracted to work at a large midwest insurance company where I support the systems upon which the company does its work. Each day is filled with challenges where I get to utilize my troubleshooting skills.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Contract work is less stable
Pharmaceutical Project Manager
Pharmaceutical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 19, 2016
Work at client's Diabetes headquarters and assist the Portfolio team with whatever they need. I approve of my co-workers and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Standard and efficient medium sized consulting firm
Lead IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 11, 2016
Prototype as far as expectations for a medium size industry. Each position may give you a different perspective though. Benefits are good. Time off is wonderful. Good place to work.
Pros
Snacks in the lobby frequently
Cons
Depending on the project, you may get overworked.
Great Company
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2016
I am contracted through Ciber to PennDOT. I have been at PennDOT for almost 5 years. I have been allowed and encouraged to push my skill level and knowledge base almost as far as I want to pursue. It is a very satisfying work environment. My immediate supervisor allows me great freedom to hone my skills and learn new technologies as they become available.
Pros
Parking pass
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.

73%