Ciber Employee Reviews

Great people
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111September 24, 2017
I have had many great opportunities while employed at Ciber, the R team where great, benefits are great. Therer are many seasoned employees which are all there to help willingly.
Good people but contracts are not stable
Sr. IT Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2017
Was a good bunch of folks to work with but contracts weren't long term. They only had a couple of solid long term contracts, the rest was piecemeal. Leadership in the local office was not very strong and clients didn't respect them.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of stability, lacking leadership
company went bankrupt
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 22, 2017
The company filed for bankruptcy and we were sold off to another company.
While working for Ciber, I inquired about a raise and was told "that would take an act of God"
No comment
Senior Consultant / Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This was a contract position in support of the role I held for the Xerox account. I left Ciber to be transitioned as a direct Xerox empolyee doing exactly the same work.
One of the worst cases of Corporate mismanagement
Senior Director Delivery (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2017
I entered the company as part of a reorganization process with high potential. The executive team was replaced by the board a year into the process and incompetent new management team led to the demise of the company that had been debt free and with a positive cash flow within two years.
India Owned
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 30, 2017
Ciber went bankrupt and was purchased by HTC Global. They are gradually replacing American jobs/workers with H1B employees. If you are an American you will be the minority. Paid time off is almost non-existent. Health benefits are okay, 401K stinks with a 3% of salary or 1,500 max. which you are not vested in for almost five years. No one lasts with the company that long. This is a good place if you are just starting out in the workforce but not if you are an experienced professional.
Pros
Top Clients
Cons
Don't genuinely care about the employees.
Great team of people to work with and worked remote. Great Manager I reported too.
Account Partner (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2017
Ciber was a great company and I personally was very successful working there. Unfortunately, the company went bankrupt after 44 years in business. It was recently sold to HTC Global.
Pros
Worked remote but great communications with the team I worked with.
Cons
Commission plan was not very good.
Poorly managed operation
Senior Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 1, 2017
A pleasant environment existed at Ciber. Unfortunately, executive management was ineffective and, subsequently, the company filed for bankruptcy after I resigned.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Poorly managed at the executive level
Leading Edge New Product Developments
Oracle Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2017
Lead the way for new SAAS systems utilizing storage and application combinations. Every day was a new and exciting challenge with many prospect and clients.

People were delightful and enjoyed the atmosphere of SFO
Pros
Freedom and entrepreneurship
Cons
A little too much money driven
Great People & Culture but Terrible Company
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2017
When I joined Ciber Inc, it was a great place to work with a really great workplace culture and really great co-workers. Over the last year and a half the company & the workplace environment declined rapidly until it went bankrupt.

There was very little work/life balance with more and more expected from everyone without any appreciation as the company declined.

There was very little job security as they were constantly firing and letting people go as they restructured the company.

In the most part the management at the mid to upper mid-level was very good. The management at the very top was not very good with the exception of a few great people who tried their very hardest to save the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the workplace culture.
No Work Life Balance
HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2017
Basically run like a staffing company hire for projects then terminate when margins aren't being met. No loyalty to their employees or adequate severance when they lay off.
Professional
Sr. Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2017
This company is a great company to work for once they find a good manager to run their San Francisco location. This company provides great service and very successful in their field.
Pros
Brilliant minds
Cons
Psychotic manager
Nice Company
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
Nice company to work for. Management is supportive and helpful .Compensation is good. Benefits are good. Job security is not much due to less number of clients.
Pros
Compensation is good. Benefits are good.
Cons
ob security is not much due to less number of clients.
Great working environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2017
Great working environment very professional. I worked as a contractor for them they offer excellent benefits 401(k), stocks, and medical benefits. I would recommend this company for anyone that is a computer engineer.
Great company to offer advancement on perforance.
entry level programmer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634June 28, 2017
Some contracts offered team member programmer only. while another would involve mostly design meeting and system design that would last most of the day. What I liked most was the movement from project to project that allowed different job skills.
Pros
the company allowed for movement in the company no matter the job was I willing to dol
Cons
The company and I were both willing to trust each other so I have no cons.
typical contract position
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJune 27, 2017
It was my first (and hopefully last) contract position. It was challenging to be omitted from group mentoring and training opportunities that my host company often held.
long term contract
Interactive Media Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 21, 2017
I was a "web consultant" for cyber at a 3rd party. I ended up going in for a 30 day contract and stayed for 3+ years. Cyber was fine but I didn't really have to interact with them.
Good company culture & people
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 19, 2017
Overall good experience working at Ciber. Challenging work & interesting projects. Occasional travel is required for most projects. Inside training is also available.
Pros
Good benefits, nice work atmosphere
Awesome Company to Work For
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 15, 2017
Absolutely the best position I've heard since the start of my career. Workplace morale is very high and remote work is allowed at 85%. Management is absolutely some of the best in the industry. Very easy to work with and communication is great!
Ciber was very detail driven
HIPAA Project Director / Contract (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
I enjoy a structured environment that is detail driven. The contract I was under was specific to their contract with the City of Virginia Beach and I adhered to that.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
it was too far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.