Ciber Employee Reviews

Salaried consultant, not paid for extra hours, contract based
Orlando Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2016
When recruited, you are told that you are consultant, moved from one project to the next. Salary based and they have a bench.

Reality, bench is one week. They do not put any effort into finding the next role. Many hours of unpaid time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
does not live up to promises
Ciber, Inc contractor review
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pitsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2016
The people at Ciber were always good to me. I was treated as a professional and they usually had the backs of their on-site consultants.
Pros
Good communication, good people
Cons
Subpar benefits
Nice place to work for. Good team environment.
Test Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 16, 2015
I only worked there for a couple of years, contracted to IBM in the Test Eng Dept. The culture was very open, and helpful. Most of my interaction was with the client (IBM). I was on site at IBM every day.
Lack of follow up and Onsite Leadership
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 16, 2015
My rep for the account was on had very little interesting in what I was doing. Sometimes would not show up for meetings or was later and was very unresponsive to email when engaged. Provided bad information when my contract was expiring and then would not respond when asked more questions.
Pros
HR team was good to work with
Cons
Not much assistance when out in the field
World class company with highly experienced professionals
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 1, 2015
Well managed, good benefits, excellent working environment. Employer is supportive in all aspects of the job. The work is challenging, but rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work with new people and learn new things.
Excellent Consulting Company
Project Controller- (IT Managed Services) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2015
Great benefits and good quality of life position. Very progressive company; professional on all levels. They have a continuing education called Ciber University for the employees to advance their knowledge and leadership capabilities.
fun workplace
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 8, 2015
Nice to work in here but no transparency between employee and corporate. need to develop skills by self. No plan for carrier path set.
Pros
Good to work
Productive and fun workplace
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about number but how you personally grow and develop. Good management.
Very Good Company
Principal Consutant (Current Employee) –  RichmondOctober 21, 2015
very good company. very good work culture and work environment.
Friendly management. Many employee benefit schemes.
great place to work. Transparency in business and good to work with Ciber.
Company made me feel like I was really a part of its goal
Mainframe Development Consultant / Expert (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed working a Ciber and with my co-workers. I felt like I was really a part of One-Ciber. Everyone I worked with was helpful and management was very supportive.
NA for Job Search
OPERATIONS SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  6363 S Fiddler's Green Greenwood, CO 80111July 23, 2015
For more than 40 years, Ciber has delivered the technical savvy and IT solutions that help businesses achieve strategic goals. A global IT consulting company with some 6,500 people, Ciber has offices on four continents and in 15 countries. At any one of them, you’ll find a team of top-tier technologists and business leaders who care deeply about delivering exceptional outcomes for your organization.
Company future
INFRASTRUCTURE, SYSTEM AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
I presently do not understand the direction the company nor agree with some of the decisions being made. Lower level management is great. They are the main reason I'm still here. Co-workers are great and I like working with them. But, I see no growth for myself.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No future
Loves productivity and contributing to a company's botton line,
COBOL Developer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, La.July 15, 2015
Focused on assigned tasks and best practices for getting work done.
I have learned to be patient with customers especially when they are not sure what they want or need from a IT person.
I believe in following management's leadership to the best of my ability. I always desire to be a good team member to co-workers and to support the we fact that we are better together. The hardest part of the job to me is to have to wait on others when their priorities are not the same as mine. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplish my work well ahead of schedule, and enjoy the achievements.
Pros
Patience and desire to perform vital work.
Cons
Not always getting to use cutting edge technology.
Good Company to work with.
Team Lead, Telecom Services Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Ciber is more like a standard company, no much to add. Good place to start a career and to learn new skills. Worked several years with this company without a compensation.
Pros
Opportunity to expand my knowledge
Cons
No compensation
great place
army contractor / Digital Training Faculty Manger (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2015
love working with the army ,computer classes for soldiers and training help those who need help video conferences with other units
Pros
meeting new people across the country
Cons
out sources the job
c
Lead team of 12 (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with Ciber.

It is good company to work with.

The most I enjoyed in the company about getting new project.
Just your standard contracting company
Developer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, Mi.April 26, 2015
Ciber is your standard contracting company. There isn't anything really bad nor is there anything really good about working for them. The medical benefits are below standard, the vacation time standard, there is no sick time which is standard for a contracting company, and the job stability standard for a contracting company (it's as long as the client wants you)
Good overall consulting service
Senior Programming Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 13, 2015
- My assignment at Ciber was at NationsBank that became Bank of America. I learned the processes required to function at NationsBank as a developer, becoming an associate at Bank of America in 2000.

- Several Ciber employees were assigned to the same location and contributed to assisting each other with succeeding.

- Hardest part of the job was that the Ciber employees had to always prove their worth to the NationsBank employees.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was proving that we could perform well under pressure and provide a quality product.
Pros
Provided an opportunity to expand my knowledge base and experience.
Cons
Company was very focused on the bottom line income, did not consider the employee's needs beyond their limited scope.
Treated like an adult
Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 31, 2015
Very flexible atmosphere. Able to be a part of something global. Lots to enjoy on Microsoft Campus. This is a contract company.
Toxic work enviroment with constantly changing leadership
Program Manager/Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2015
Minimal women in leadership, lack of respect for women leaders
Revolviing door of leaders
No respect for worklife balance
Leaders do not have your back with the client
Leaders make difficult client situations worse then leave to let the team clean up the mess
Leaders are not concerned with retaining good people
Leaders do not set boundaries with bad clients
Pros
High compensation
Cons
No balance in work/life....it's all work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.