Ciber Employee Reviews

Company future
INFRASTRUCTURE, SYSTEM AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
I presently do not understand the direction the company nor agree with some of the decisions being made. Lower level management is great. They are the main reason I'm still here. Co-workers are great and I like working with them. But, I see no growth for myself.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No future
Loves productivity and contributing to a company's botton line,
COBOL Developer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, La.July 15, 2015
Focused on assigned tasks and best practices for getting work done.
I have learned to be patient with customers especially when they are not sure what they want or need from a IT person.
I believe in following management's leadership to the best of my ability. I always desire to be a good team member to co-workers and to support the we fact that we are better together. The hardest part of the job to me is to have to wait on others when their priorities are not the same as mine. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplish my work well ahead of schedule, and enjoy the achievements.
Pros
Patience and desire to perform vital work.
Cons
Not always getting to use cutting edge technology.
Good Company to work with.
Team Lead, Telecom Services Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Ciber is more like a standard company, no much to add. Good place to start a career and to learn new skills. Worked several years with this company without a compensation.
Pros
Opportunity to expand my knowledge
Cons
No compensation
great place
army contractor / Digital Training Faculty Manger (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2015
love working with the army ,computer classes for soldiers and training help those who need help video conferences with other units
Pros
meeting new people across the country
Cons
out sources the job
c
Lead team of 12 (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with Ciber.

It is good company to work with.

The most I enjoyed in the company about getting new project.
Just your standard contracting company
Developer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, Mi.April 26, 2015
Ciber is your standard contracting company. There isn't anything really bad nor is there anything really good about working for them. The medical benefits are below standard, the vacation time standard, there is no sick time which is standard for a contracting company, and the job stability standard for a contracting company (it's as long as the client wants you)
Good overall consulting service
Senior Programming Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 13, 2015
- My assignment at Ciber was at NationsBank that became Bank of America. I learned the processes required to function at NationsBank as a developer, becoming an associate at Bank of America in 2000.

- Several Ciber employees were assigned to the same location and contributed to assisting each other with succeeding.

- Hardest part of the job was that the Ciber employees had to always prove their worth to the NationsBank employees.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was proving that we could perform well under pressure and provide a quality product.
Pros
Provided an opportunity to expand my knowledge base and experience.
Cons
Company was very focused on the bottom line income, did not consider the employee's needs beyond their limited scope.
Treated like an adult
Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 31, 2015
Very flexible atmosphere. Able to be a part of something global. Lots to enjoy on Microsoft Campus. This is a contract company.
Toxic work enviroment with constantly changing leadership
Program Manager/Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2015
Minimal women in leadership, lack of respect for women leaders
Revolviing door of leaders
No respect for worklife balance
Leaders do not have your back with the client
Leaders make difficult client situations worse then leave to let the team clean up the mess
Leaders are not concerned with retaining good people
Leaders do not set boundaries with bad clients
Pros
High compensation
Cons
No balance in work/life....it's all work
N/a
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, ColoradoMarch 14, 2015
Typical consulting company, work hours and travel schedule. Positive: Co-workers are fantastic.
Negative: Demanding work hours
Ciber is a place to work
Senior Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2015
Ciber is not an employee focused company. It is a very sales driven organization. With the new CEO, I hope there are changes in the way the organization treats its employees. Currently, it is a stressful environment.
Pros
You Have a Job
Cons
When you are not billable you are let go
OK place
Lead Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA.March 3, 2015
The different segments of the corporation offers individuals opportunities for growth and advancement if desired. The challenges are numerous and provide professional experiences in multiple areas.
Overall it's been a good experience
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
I'm on a contract for Ciber. They won a large contract and there is a large team of Ciber consultants onsite, including a Ciber FT leader. Overall, she does a good job as a leader, does not micro-manage and tries to provide the backing where needed but she is spread WAYYY too thin for what is trying to be accomplished at the client site.

Ciber has done a good job of hiring qualified / high caliber associates on our team. The back office Ciber people are good to work with and when I had an issue with something being paid on my benefits, the Ciber HR person worked hard to resolve it.

Their onboarding process is very poor however. Their website is VERY clunky, not user friendly, HUGE numbers of steps to complete that is very time consuming. There should be at least a couple of days allowed on Ciber time to complete all their required reading material, quizzes and such. Even trying to complete them on your own is challenging because of all the multiple issues with their website. Supposedly that is being revamped, but not certain.
Pros
Allowed to make up time so you don't have to take vacation every time, The benefit package is actually about on par with what private companies are offering, They just added a new benefit plan that provides even better coverage, Get 3 weeks of vacation although it's earned on a per MONTH basis, so if you leave before the end of the month, you don't get any pro-rated amount
Cons
No longevity since we are consultants, Poor onboarding process, vacation is accrued monthly (must work the ENTIRE month or get nothing), their CiberSpace website in general is not user friendly
NOC Technician :
Senior NOC Tech and Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2015
- Performs monitoring and first and second–level troubleshooting of the Banks LAN and Global communications networks.
- Collaborate with the Link Managers and engineers for Global communication problems by opening Incident and/or Problem tickets for follow-up and prompt action.
- Monitor and ensuring the successful connection of Video conference sessions based on the daily schedule. Responds to client requests for changing rooms and connection status
- Coordinate with Vendor and Link Managers on scheduled Preventive Maintenance for Country Offices Satellite and power equipment
- Provided support in frequency change and net work upgrading of Satellite projects
- Performed Video and Audio connectivity test with Non Bank Site
- Prepared monthly and quarterly video activity reports and published on NOC web page
IT Consulting
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with about 6,500 consultants in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approximately $1 billion in annual business
The company is good the contract I was on was bad
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2015
When our contract ended they went out of the way to make sure we were taken care of.
Decent Company
Senior UNIX Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Very results driven company with a lot of pressure at customer sites. Management was fair. Corporate culture is customer focused. Not a lot of training available for you. The want you billing at customer site. Most career development up to you on you own time.
Pros
Pay at market rate
Cons
Training not really available
Ciber is a basic, low grade, staff augmentation company.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MichiganJanuary 12, 2015
Ciber client account managers are non-existant, and spend most of their time managing the constant influx of new people due to high turnover. If the client has a complaint, you'll be let go immediately, with no support from Ciber. No two week notice, no pay or medical benefits beyond your last day at work. Expensive medical benefits, and low hourly rates.

Constant stream of useless email from Ciber that you are suppose to read, and lunch and learn training sessions that are poorly organized and delivered.

Whatever rate you start at you'll be at while assigned to the client. Performance reviews are required every year, but no one at Ciber takes them seriously, as they couldn't care less about your professional growth.

The Ford Lundy Ave. office in Dearborn is a dirty workplace, with gross carpet stains, torn carpets, carpets patched with duct tape, and refrigerators that will make you gag when you open them. Building is jammed with people, and the bathrooms are disgustingly dirty. Bring your own toilet paper! Food service at Lundy Ave is by Aramark, and it's awful. Best advice is to bring your lunch.

The only positive thing it say is that you certainly won't have much to do if assigned to the Ford Dearborn Account. Most people spend their days walking the halls, taking extended lunches, and hiding out in one of the many conference rooms.
Pros
Very easy days, my job that kept me busy about 8 hours a week, but it sure made for a long work week.
Cons
No support from Ciber client account reps, can be fired instantly with pay and benefits ending immediately.
Terrible Company
Senior Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2015
This company was okay to work for until you have a problem and need HR or management to help you. All managers seem like the never knew what was going on in the company, from time sheet errors to general questions for the HR dept.
Wonderful place to work
Senior IT Project Manager - Walt Disney World (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
Ciber is a wonderful place to work. The corporate staff is very attentive and sincere. The CEO is accessible and is dedicated to moving Ciber into the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciber. Our community is ready to answer.