CiCi's Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

very fun enviroment/ lots of children
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHNovember 17, 2015
very long days but time flew, learned how to run a business the right way, management was great and learned a lot from upper management. Team was amazing, always did what was asked of them and always on the first approach . hardest part of the job was controlling food cost and the best part of the job was all the excitement with the culture of the company
Pros
free lunch, great benefits
Cons
no certain amount of breaks giving
It was a fun place to work and could advance.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 17, 2015
It started out great and I started from the bottom as a cashier and worked my butt off to get to management. I learned how to properly manage and run a store as well as becoming very understanding and patient. I thoroughly enjoyed engaging in relationships with my frequent customers. It made my job so well worth it everyday to know that they appreciated my work and that I appreciated their business.
Pros
Got to eat for free
Cons
No benefits
Not for me
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  VADecember 25, 2015
Long work hours day after day with no payoff, getting taken advantage of, promotion but no raise. Hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every guest's needs without breaking company policy. Most enjoyable part of the job is when a guest says it's the best visit they've had.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks unless your shift is 8 or more hours, team members have to run the store
Need All You Can Eat Pizza? Why Not Try CiCi's?
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Entering CiCi's I was required to fill two main positions, pizza cook and busser... With the Pizza Cook position being fun, focused, and quiet, then with the bussing being alright with tips. The management was decent, everyone did their job and stuck with the schedule. A positive aspect I would admit is definitely the co-workers I was placed with, but that's dependent on the actual CiCi's position, so I guess I was a lucky one. If anything was difficult, it was definitely a few of the customers who appeared as though they were getting close to fighting myself and other employees over simple things that I would consider petty. The most enjoyable part of the job would be break-time when you could interact with your fellow co-workers.
Pros
Free Pizza and Soda
Cons
Angry Customers, Hectic Workplace, Awkward hours, part-time, Call-off Days (depending on business)
Very Chanllenging Job
District Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen TexasMarch 23, 2016
I was in charge of four Restaurants with 12 managers and over 100 employees. I would visit 2 stores per week twice a week and sure the Team were following standard operations per company standards along with making sure stores were CLEAN! Would have 1 on 1 meetings with managers daily to maximize sales and profits.
Pros
Like I said the was very challening and that is what motived me to work hard.......To make my bonus.
Cons
Job was 24/7 and would also take a lot of calls
It was alright I guess
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 28, 2016
Co-workers were okay. Some were better than others. Only one of the managers is a blast to work with. It's a cheap buffet place so expect alot of mess and people who don't know what hygiene and decency means. Worst part were the birthday parties where kids dropped cake on the carpet and the parents too frugal to give a tip.
Pros
free lunch, some co workers are great to work with
Cons
sloppy guests, no healthcare benefits, kids running around too much, and stuck up guests.
okay, not a place you would want to work for long
Guess Greeter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2016
A typical day at cicis pizza is clocking in, see what the manager would like you to do for the day. cleaning all day long when you're supposed to be a cashier. Hardest part is closing everytime i worked and having to wake up early for school the next day. Manager was totally unfair. He is the manager over his son & wife. His son was able to do what ever he wanted, go home when he wanted take breaks when he wanted and was even dating other employees. And theres alot of favoritism at the job. He was paying another employee thats started 6 months after me, more than me just because he liked her. turns out she was no good and quit very early into the process.I did EVERY single thing at that job. The manager would talk about employees to other employees. He uses Cicis Pizzas ingredients for his own restaurant
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not flexable
Well kept workplace, with fun people, and great managers half the time.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2016
As one of my first jobs, Cici's allowed me to attain some general skills in the workforce. I've learned the use of cash registers, kitchen tools, sanitary work keeping, and general customer service. Management was alright at best, with some poor managers, some well kept, and one great manager. The hardest thing is that it gets surprisingly busy at peak, but that's a given. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction between both co-workers and guests.
Pros
Free food, Fun environment for the most part, Management
Cons
Short breaks, Management
Average workplace
Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 7, 2015
Cici's Pizza is a place for hard work and minimum wage, although I received several raises before I left. The management when I worked there was fantastic. Well, I should say the assistant manager was fantastic, while the general manager wasn't that great. They have different management all the time and I have heard management is poor now. Management is a very difficult job with crazy work hours. I was a server, buffet stocker, and cashier. It was a lot of work, but an overall good learning experience and starting place for my first job.
Fast-paced, sometimes fun, free food was good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 24, 2016
I didn't always like the techniques implemented, I believed I would have been able to do my job better had some things been changed or not changed. Aside from that, the management was always very fair and very kind.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor planning for some tasks
Very fun place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 18, 2016
I loved the management, they paid very well, the staff was so loving and fun it was almost like we were a little family! I was promoted very fast, they worked with your schedule very well, and they treated you great!
A professional peak and family low
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VANovember 1, 2015
Through a track record of success I was blessed with the opportunity to be a part owner of three franchises in the Tidewater area. I would also serve as the franchise operator for those three locations. It was a professional goal of mine and my family's and one I do not regret making. The knowledge gleaned and lessons learned from that experience will stay with me through out my professional career. The struggle in this situation was that I spent weeks at a time in the Tidewater area while my wife and young family stayed behind in Lynchburg, VA. Again, it was a great work setting and I loved the job, but ultimately my family and I had to come down to a life decision that lead to the parting of ways from that specific career path.
Pros
Business ownership, professionally rewarding
Cons
Separated from family, undesirable living location
Productive and nice manegement
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hialeah Gardens, FLMarch 10, 2016
It was my second job in US. The place was fun and collegues super friendly, the manegement respectfull. It was basicly a nice experience to work for six month at Cici's Pizza.
Pros
Friendly work place, respecful manegement.
Cons
Minimum wage salary
another productive yet relaxing day at work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXDecember 16, 2015
i would start my day first by clocking in then i would go and clean the windows and bathroom. then i would go and wipe down the tables and and made sure that each table had everything it needed as far as the napkins and there was cheese and peppers in the correct jars. then i would go and help make and stock the pizza and salad bars. once Cici's opened i would go and help take phone orders and cashiering. depending on how busy it got. i learned how to cashier, make pizzas, how to open a close a store. my management at the time wasn't the greatest. the assistant manager was actually stealing money from the cash register and then accusing employees his employees of his crime. my co-workers though were great. it was like we were all one family especially since i was always at work. whether i was on the clock or not. the hardest part of the job may have been when "rush hour" as we called it pretty much lunch or dinner time. it would get very busy but i never let it get to me. it just meant that i needed to work extra harder. the most enjoyable part would probably have great co-workers that made it a relaxing environment to work in.
Pros
free lunches, worked many hours, relaxing environment
Cons
bad management
Very organized and well structured buissness.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 28, 2016
The main responsibilities of CiCi’s Pizza’s restaurant assistant manager which I have learned over the course of working for thid company would be to look after the restaurant’s day-to-day operations according to company policies. It includes managing and looking after the employees, managing profit-loss statements, managing house staff and kitchen staff, and to make sure that the restaurant functions smoothly without any problems. Direct other employees through their daily routines and interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience. Act as quality control, ensuring customer satisfaction through training employees properly and adhering to company policy. Also, Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Greet customers entering establishment. Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas. Establish or identify prices of goods, services or, admission.
Pros
Great pay, Great Crew, Great Organization
Cons
Benifits were not the best.
Fun filled day at Cici's
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I currently work at Cici's I enjoy being around the customers and the other managers, we are all on the same mission to satisfy our customers and keep them coming back, being around people on the same mission as you is a very important thing in my work life and that is something Cicis has given that to me!
Excellent work place and teamwork
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 26, 2015
Great place to work and management was good. I got to work fulltime mostly days and days off were flexible. I enjoyed the birthday parities and the people I worked with. They gave me a yearly raise. Nice people and good managers. The hardest part was bending and lifting from that position and being back to back with the hot pizza ovens.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
high stress and low pay
First Job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2015
Working there is a good place to start but don't expect to move up in the job. Raise are almost never given out, the only reason i got one is so that i won't leave because all of my co-workers we're leaving and i was the last original person left. the management is unorganized but very laid back. the schedule is very flexible to accommodate a school schedule.
Pros
free food lax environment
Cons
unorganized, no raises
Average place to work
Guest Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34613May 20, 2016
Cicis Pizza is just an average place to work and they hire way too many people at one time. A typical day at work would be normal. I learned how to be more personable. My co-workers were nice and friendly and then there were some that were not very nice. The hardest part of the job would be when the cash register stopped working properly. The most enjoyable part was when the customers were happy.
Horrible
Dishwasher, Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
The pay is less than decent, the management was either under-trained or just lacked the skills necessary to manage a team of employees, as well as horrible hours, or lack there of.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CiCi's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8