Ciena Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with good work/life balance
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDOctober 12, 2017
- Good work environment
- Good benefits
- Excellent location (close to Baltimore, DC)
- Flexibility in working
- Diverse workforce .
- Good culture .
good company to work for
Electronic Assembler/Fiber optics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDOctober 4, 2017
I worked on an assembly line with other people and I was a splicer splicing fiber optics on to circutt board. meeting goals and company expectations.line leaders were good to us as long as we were getting our work done. everyone was in their own world getting our work done.
Wonderful short-term engagement
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Ciena was another very good client. Their direction was very clear and they were very appreciative of my deliverables. Positive experience all the way around.
Good Place
Lead Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 10, 2017
Ciena is good until it is not. Constant change and can be stressful for IT people. New Leadership who is trying to change without a solid direction for the sake of making change
productive and fun workplace
Oracle Apps Techno - Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 31, 2017
I get to work. We have a morning meeting to put out any new information. Then the Higher ups have another meeting each Monday. Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 26, 2017
The staffs and residents have a better relation they take good care there there residents and make sure the requirements are met to the max.They make sure anything pertaining to the residents discomfort is investigated to the fullest.
Pros
Sometimes they organize babeque for staffs and residents
Cons
The breaks are normal
Work as a team and get the project finish on time for FCS it's a very tight knit group we have ping pong pool table snack fruits is a very good com
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAAugust 7, 2017
Work as a team and get the project finish on time for FCS
it's a very tight knit group
we have ping pong pool table snack fruits
is a very good company to work for
Nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable - Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 24, 2017
I have learned several aspects of finance Accounts payable,receivables, and some assistant to the collections department regarding account maintenance . My days are normally steady paced and fulfilling. Management is good in some cases and the culture slightly different then the norm. The hardest part in my eye sight is maybe the quarter-end process could be a little stressful and that is to be expected. Work from home opportunity is given and the different culture of people is always enjoyable learning small parts of other cultures.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Compensation is low.
Company
Industrial Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJune 14, 2017
Outstanding company to work for at the time I was there. It provided me with professional growth and to meet some great people. Outsourcing was the demise of this company.
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
Outsourcing
Excellent Company to work for
HR Benefits Analyst, Global (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 5, 2017
Great culture and I met a lot of great people that I've kept in touch with. Lot's of pro's very little cons and lots of growth opportunity. The CEO and management team are great.
productive fun work place.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 26, 2017
Ciena was a very nice place to work. Work was fun and and productive. The co-workers felt like family. Would have retired from this place if they hadn't shut production down in USA
Pros
paid vaction
Cons
moved production out of USA
Global Field Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Remote positionJanuary 24, 2017
Ciena was a good place to work, they have good benefits, good leave policy and pay is within industry standards. Unfortunately the downside is they will layoff at the first sign of a downturn in available work for people.
Pros
Telework, good benefits and pay
Cons
No room for advancement, not enough training.
Nice place to work due to various modules
Technical BI/DWH Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2017
BI Architect for multiple modules like SCM, Financial, Procurement etc are very interesting to cover the whole one industry vertical coverage.
many people lost job due to outsourcing.
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJune 12, 2016
great place to work. advance technology, average pay. limited opportunity. company made business decision to move Maryland location to north America.
Magnifique place to work.
Senior Optical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MD 21090February 10, 2016
High quality of people, very good professional and worker oriented. They take care of people!
It was a very good time to work for this company. The atmosphere very serious, the technologies state of art, the benefits perfect, Everybody received bonus at every quarter.
It was real a pleasure to work here.
Pros
Everything is pro.
Cons
Nothing.
Productive work with good co-workers.
Team Leader/Technician (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDDecember 10, 2015
Setting up OME 6500 optical networks, testing and troubleshooting. There are always opportunities to learn something new about the product. Co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Management understands the time it takes to complete the task correctly and are easy to work with as well.
Productive and friendly working place
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDNovember 12, 2015
The most enjoyed part of the job at Ciena was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. It's fun work place with supportive management. I worked with a wide variety of telecommunication modules. I upgraded software and firmware of modules per instructions in Agile and configured the same modules for return to customers.
Pros
Great environment and friendly people
Cons
Healthcare
Good company to work for
Accounts Receivable Invoicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 22, 2015
Overall great place to work, modern facility, great coworkers, good benefits, good pay. You really feel like you are doing meaningful work and the working atmosphere is wonderful. Only con would be that not enough positions are posted in case one wants to apply for another position within the company
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Modern state-of-the-art office building, management
Cons
not enough opportunity to advance or change positions
Poor, Confused Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 22, 2015
Employees are subject to arbitrary and insensitive treatment.
There is no demonstrable value placed on employee development, retention, or general well-being.
Reductions in force and reorgs are used to keep costs down and cover up poor decisions and leadership.
Pros
Comp and Bene pkg not bad.
Cons
Depressing work atmosphere
fun and productive place to work
Junior Planner (Current Employee) –  Savage, MDMarch 23, 2015
fun and productive place to work very accommodating when it comes to family and working.
Nice picnics for company and very pleasant co workers that are team players.