We are looking for a Montessori certified Director/Teachers for a new preschool that we will be opening this school year. This person should be caring, compassionate, proficient in child development and early childhood education theories and practices, highly motivated, experienced in teaching in a Montessori School, and have leadership qualities.
The school will have around 80 toddlers and pre-k children. As an ideal director candidate, you will be part of the planning team beginning next month, and will be able to incorporate your creative ideas into planning and development of the school infrastructure and curriculum. This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate person to lead a start-up preschool to success. You will have a great opportunity to develop and implement new ideas.
In addition to the base compensation, after the contract period all eligible employees will be able to participate in the company's 401k plan, which includes a discretionary profit sharing contribution from the employer. This will be a contract to hire position.
Here are the minimum requirements for Director Position:
- Montessori training and certification
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of all current California state and local regulations
- 15 units (at least) of early childhood education and at least four years of experience in preferably a Montessori based childcare center
- Education must include 3 units of administration or staff relations, and 12 units in child development, child-family and community, and curriculum
- A Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Program Director Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Prior experience as a center Director is a plus
Here are the minimum requirements for Teacher Positions:
- Montessori training and certification is a plus
- Certification from a national level organization for early childhood education is a plus
- At least one year of experience in a child care center; Montessori child care is a plus
- 12 units of early childhood education (including units in child development; child, family and community) and curriculum with at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center
- (Or) Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, Child Development Teacher Permit or Child Development Master Teacher Permit
- (Or) Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with the appropriate age-level endorsement issued by the CDA National Credentialing Program of the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition with at least six months of on-the-job training and/or work experience in a licensed child care center
- CPR & First Aid is a plus
- Background Check and Fingerprinting
- Negative TB Test and Physical within the past 6 months
Please include your resume in MS Word or PDF format along with the following:
1. Your availability
2. Expected salary
3. List of courses you have on early childhood education (if applicable)
This school will be located in beautiful and sunny San Diego, CA.