Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 1,838 reviews matching the search
Great atmosphere & my co workers are a wonderful help , perfect hours , and good pay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Have a very welcoming vibe , great people to work with . Always something to do & a nice moving pace . Company gives you $6 to buy your meal for a lunch brake everyday . Also they provide you with work shoes and uniform. They teach you , how to do things probably, if you don't know . Occasionally , the stuff to stock up can be little hard to find at times . But once you know where it is , it gets easier .
Pros
Lunch paid & free drinks, uniform is included, they buy your work shoes
Stressful work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 19, 2017
CIGNA was one of my first employers. This is actually my second time working there. I went back because they do provide great insurance coverage and I just had a son so I needed it. The company is an equal opportunity employer. The management there is very helpful and they do listen to everyone's needs. Unfortunately they do fire people for the littlest reason. I did enjoy working there but wish it was for more money than what was given.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay
Fast Paced and Exciting
Professional Liability Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my daily work. As a risk manager it was never the same and fascinating as I worked with almost all of the corporate departments. I was provided opportunities to use my discretion to resolve claims working with our legal department I also had opportunities to reach out to plaintiffs.
The culture changed over the past few years particularly due to the mergers and acquisitions within the industry. I was provided an opportunity to take a lay off and thus my departure worked out great.
Pros
Autonomy
Big company but lots of opportunities
Business Analyst/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
While I worked there are a contractor I saw some folks move up the ladder. I did not engage with the company folks directly other then those who I came to know and regard as acquaintances or workplace friends. As with any company, there were gripes of one kind or another. But, overall, my impression is from a disconnected person and from my own observation. "Grass is always greener....." turns out, many times, to be a fallacy but there are always green patches.
Pros
Coffee, employee kitches, occasional cafe promotions with reduced prices
Cons
N/A
Great Company to Grow With
Provider Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
CIGNA is great at developing talent - going above and beyond for high performers in terms of advancement opportunities, raises and educational aspirations. Corporate culture is quite relaxed for such a highly regulated industry. You will learn a lot on the job - training is well done and thorough. When they closed the office in the city I worked in, they went all out in making sure that the displaced employees could move on in their careers, helping with job searches, resume redevelopment, relocation to other offices, generous severance packages, etc.
Pros
Great training, opportunites for promotions and raises
Cons
Standard operating procedures could use some tweaking for better efficiency
Fast paced job
Claims Processor Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The job included several different systems that you had to log into when before you could begin work. The training was virtual as well as meetings and talking to your manager. The hardest part for me was having to meet you productivity daily.
Pros
You were able to work your own hour as long as it added up to 8 hours a day
Cons
It was very demanding. You were expected to process 100 claims per day
Great Company just a long drive
Senior Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2017
I loved working for Cigna HealthSpring, the only drawback is that I live in Murfreesboro and I had to drive to Metro Center. It was a great place to work and most everyone made you feel welcome. I would go back in a heartbeat but dread the long drive. The management team I had pretty much left you alone as long as you did your job.
Pros
Great pay, pretty good hours, great people
Cons
long drive from Murfreesboro
Productive and fun to work
Medical Customer Representative Associate (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 22, 2016
Ready to begin my day helping customers.
Everyone is different
Manage from your call all the way to lunch and breaks.
Always get along with everyone, even when there are different opinions, always treat every and anyone with respect.
the most hardest part of a job is when you know you can't help the person.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help a person or even when you are not able to help and you are appreciated for the attempt.
Pros
Volunteer for charities
Cons
only on Holidays
Medical Insurance Claims Processor
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Very demanding job because they wanted speed and accuracy, which is hard to do with some of the claims that were processed. They had a layoff and since I was a fairly new hire, my position was terminated. Would have continued to strive for the speed in processing claims if I had not been laid off.
Pros
Good hours, work environment and benefits.
Cons
Hard to get speed when I was striving to be more accurate.
Explore Other Options
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 18, 2016
If you are comfortable being micro managed then this is the job for you. No one ever knows what is going on, and there are constant changes! Depending on which supervisor you have, it is highly likely that your work will not be appreciated. There are no protective screens over the monitors to prevent strain on your eyes and headaches, so good luck with that. Lunch is 40 minutes long with no additional breaks in between. You can barely go to the restroom without someone coming to see where you are!
Pros
No weekends or major holidays, and a lot of food provided by management
Cons
Short breaks, incompetent management, headaches from staring at a computer screen, non-stop incoming calls, and disrespect
This was an excellent company to work for. Encouraged you to apply for other positions
Long Term Disability Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Cigna was an excellent company to work for. If you had a child that you would normally have to take off from work for, you could bring the child to work with you.
Management encouraged you to take off if you were ill.
I learned that I could aspire to new highs
Pros
Excellent benefits and understanding management.
Cons
Not NY
good place to work
Health Services PreCertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2016
I loved being able to work on my own although we were considered a team effort. I learned alot about the medical and healthcare field as it relates to diagnosis, prognosis, and care.
Management was management.
Co-workers were good.
Doing someone elses work when they were out and maintaining yours too.
I got to wear jeans everyday if I wanted to.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Fun workplace
SQL BI SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2016
I feel like my work here is always recognized - never overlooked. The atmosphere at Cigna is one of cooperation and support, which I think is rare in today’s workplace. While many of my friends are searching for new “more satisfying” jobs, I know am very fortunate to be just 25, have had the privilege of being promoted to the lead of my department since I’ve started, and working for a company that I know I will stay with for years. Cigna is truly a great place to work.
Nice place to work, especially Bloomfield, Connecticut site.
Change Agent, Analytics (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTDecember 3, 2016
Friendly environment, amicable culture. Bloomfield is a nice work environment, and it is a famous building architecturally. A typical day at work involved a variety of activities helping the organization through change and coaching executives on how to lead through change.
Pros
Company shows respect for its employees.
Cons
Little room for advancement; strategy changes all the time.
Great management
Quality Review/Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Our benefits weren't the best and the pay was horrible even after being bought out from a smaller company, Cigna took over and started cleaning house and eliminating as many positions as possibly to save the company money. We were told not to worry, business. Is booming! Current employees are under pay while new hires get pay more.
Cons
Low pay, eliminating jobs once we were purchased
Micro management
Coverage Determination department (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2017
Entirely too many untrained supervisors. Not enough tech support for the issues at hand. Not much of a professional work environment as one would believe it to be. If proper training is given to leadership teams I believe the workplace here at Cigna would be more constructive and positive.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unprofessional & under-trained leadership
A Top Rated Healthcare Company in Arizona
Nurse Case Manager Specialist, Health Risk Expert (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2017
Fast Paced, full workloads, listens to employee recommendations and ideas then implements the best, potential for personal professional growth, values highly skilled employees, ability to flex to some degree to retain top employees at a higher rate than many other companies are able to provide.
Nice environment, high pressure
Claims Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 17, 2016
Cigna is a high pressure company. They seem to be more focused on profits than customers or employees. They do not consider a good balance between work and home to be necessary as long as the work gets done. They would rather pay their people to work overtime than spend vacations with their families.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
High production, high pressure
Great company to work for.
Consultant - Business Analyst / Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTFebruary 15, 2017
Great company. Management is very efficient and focused. Projects scopes are well defined with detailed documentation. Meetings are agenda driven and timed appropriately. Employees communicate business needs very well.
Pros
Cafeteria food items are not expensive.
Cons
Parking lots allowed for consultants are too far.
Great Salary, Poor Management
Medicare Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2017
Overall this was a decent place to work. Nice PTO package. Benefits were not the greatest but doable and the Management was aweful. They did not offer much training so there was lack of knowledge. Very frustrating to deal with managers who depend on their team to do their job because they don't know how.
Pros
Compensation