Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 1,013 reviews matching the search
Wellness Coordinator
Contract Wellness Lecturer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2016
I worked for this company for over a year as a part-time Wellness Coordinator. Although the hourly pay (per wellness presentation) was good, I was seldom called to provide lectures-probably less than once a month. The presentations were pre-made and were MS PowerPoint based. As a CHES with over a dozen years experience, I was continually disappointed in the quality of the presentations and always had to increase the font size so people could actually read them. Often when I changed the font, I'd have to spend an hour or two re-sizing the whole thing. . In my opinion, the presentations were pretty lame. I was told I COULD NOT change them, so I stopped providing them and cancelled my agreement with them.

I later interviewed for a full time position. I did all the paperwork, jumped through all their hoops, had a personal inverview, then...nothing! I called them several times to find out about the position and someone finally responded saying they'd put the position on hold.. Later I received a questionare about the position. I basically said I was disappointed with the company's follow-up and that I'd never apply for another position with them. Recently I saw they were again attempting to fill the part-time, "as-needed" position. I didn't want to waste my time.
Pros
Good $ when you were called.
Cons
Rarely used my services and pre-made presentations sub-standard.
Okay company to work for, but room for improvement.
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Medical benefits here are not great, and advancement is not easy; in fact, they will sometimes block a transfer to other departments, even if you are offered a job. Also, advancement is based on who you know and are friendly with, not based on one's knowledge or skills.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Healthcare benefits
A great work environment and culture with many challenges.
Customer Service Advocate III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2016
I really enjoy my role at cigna and the culture there is the best i've ever been a part of but looking to grow and continue to grow and be challenged.
Productive work environment with recognition for good work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 20, 2016
Productive work environment with recognition for good work makes you have work satisfaction.

There are times when you need to stretch your hours, but the scope for learning makes it worth it
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Cigna Application to process document requests for both members and providers. Provides a way for existing Pega call center associates to process docu
Sr. DW ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Application to process document requests for both members and providers. Provides a way for existing Pega call center associates to process document requests from a PRPC application by moving functionality away from an existing Java based application to an Integrated Pega Application.
cigna
Medical Records Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I was able to grow, especially with the help of management around me training me and guiding me on a day to day basis. I encountered a lot of patients daily answer many phone calls, pretty much assisted in what needed to be done as far as filing, scheduling and paper work. Unfortunately cuts were being made that were beyond my control and even those of my superiors. Many will give you great referrals.
Fun Workplace with plenty of room for Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I would assist customers and health care providers with inquiries on healthcare benefits, assist with medical claim inquiries.
Virtual Internship
TECDP Virtual Intern (Former Employee) –  Virtual InternshipJanuary 10, 2016
I did not meet in person with anyone did al the meetings on WebEx. It was a wonderful educational experience to get to work in a technlogy sector and get that experience that I had not previously had. Also being able to present to Cigna leadership was a great experience.
All work
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXJanuary 10, 2016
a typical day at work answering questioning about medical benefits, eligibility and claim status.
Management staff is great, there are some who are just all work, however there are some who truly care about their staff and their well being
I absolutely love my co-workers they make the work day so much fun and for it to fly by
Pros
Some holiday's off
Great Company
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2016
Cigna is a great company that provides great opportunities for potential employees.The growth process is immediate, and this company will put your skills to use right away.
Underwriting Department A very tight knit community
Underwriting Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2016
-Learned the process of underwriting
-Training is exceptional
-Recommend to anyone looking to get foot in the door of insurance
n/a
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2016
cigna is a good company, they have alot of opportunities here and alot of building space as far as skills. the coworkers i work with are really good to get along with
Lonely and tense work atmosphere
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 6, 2016
I had set duties each day, as I was on a specific assignment to assist in fourth quarter open enrollment process. I learned some processes in Sales Force. My manager was a wonderful teacher, but really did not have enough time to teach, so I was left to my own devices most of the time. As for my co-workers, I seldom saw or spoke with another soul in that huge office all day, day-after-day. The most difficult part of the job was being so isolated, both physically and socially during the length of my assignment.
Cons
No breaks, very short lunches, virtually no interaction with other people in the same office, not enough work to fill the day.
A Job
Revenue Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2016
This is a great company. I have worked with the company for 5 years but recent changes in management have made me re-think a career and it has also changed my outlook on the company. I will stay at the company if the 1 year hold is lifted so I can move under new management.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
currently looking at merger
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2016
Responsible for researching and resolving escalated and complex claim issues in a timely manner
· Provides recommendations regarding process improvements
· Manages the accurate and timely adjudication of claims and administers disposition according to
Contractual benefits and company procedures
· Quickly trained to process claims at all tier levels 1, 2, 3, & also completed Adjustment training.
Meaningful work with opportunities to advance.
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 5, 2016
Large international company that is constantly growing. Growth has come quickly for Cigna Specialty Pharmacy. Cigna is now one of the top 5 Specialty Pharmacies in the United States with expectations of more growth.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Macro-managed with no autonomy and very impersonal support and encouragement
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2016
You sit at your desk and cannot speak to your team in person while on the clock, even to ask a question, all questions are to be submitted to coaches via a slow electronic system. Almost every interaction is virtual or by phone call.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good retirement plan
Cons
Management, Macro-management
Certiied Pharmacy Tech
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2015
Mange excellent customer Service alongside a pharmacist explanation of medication and benefits as well as the over the counter medications
Pros
WENT TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS MET DIFFERNT PEOPLE
Cons
NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Could be better but a lot of change has occured
Long Term Disability Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 28, 2015
Apparently the company had changed a lot shortly before I started working here. I started in June of 2015, less than a year of a change in upper management and a new system rolling out which we work claims out of. With this new system comes a lot of bugs and issues that make work more difficult. The company is going through a transition having been bought out by Anthem Insurance within a month of my hiring, the future direction of this company is a mystery and it shows around the office, also our entire department recently had an unsatisfactory audit which can affect the Anthem buy-out and upper management is really on edge. It can be difficult getting assistance from upper management as the directors are on their backs and unfortunately the associates take the brunt of it because we are trying to service the customers as best as possible.
Pros
Salary, W/L Balance, Co-Workers, Building up my Analytical and Organization Skills
Cons
Unnecessarily stressful environment, Communication issues with upper managent.
Fast Paced work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 23, 2015
Great place to work, always busy, but still had my nights and weekends off with limited interruptions. The people I work with in my department are very understanding and also reliable. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing my tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility.
Pros
Flexible hours, early closings
Cons
Difficult to get management on-board with new ideas