CIGNA

CIGNA Employer Reviews

Good Work Place
Intake Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 18, 2014
I was with a temp service and the contract was ended. I enjoyed working for Cigna.
Claims Processor
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2014
processed medical claims, worked with good people, great training program
call center rep
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 15, 2014
Left for personal reasons. Worked 40 hours a week and had a good working relationship with co-workers.
average work hours
Senior Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 11, 2014
not at all a bad place to work. just a very repetitive job. I didnt at all mind working there but i eventually decided to move on.
stressful
Claims processor (Current Employee), sherman txNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good vacation hours
Cons: stressfull
A very stressful company to work for, been here 7 years on Jan and am ready for a change.
Productive fun work environment
Medical Customer Service (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: bonuses, healthy weight programs incentives
Cons: short lunch breaks
Cigna is a great place to work. They truly value their employees. training is 14 weeks which was detailed in processing claims and learning CPT codes and HCPC codes and teaching customers how to find health care providers in their network for the health care needs of the member and their families.
Good doesn't out weigh the bad
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), NASHVILLE, TNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: your paycheck
Cons: health insurance, hours, micromanaged, 10 minutes breaks instead of 15 minutes. clocking your time in the bathroom
A typical day is clocking in and immediately start taking calls. They expect you to be glued to the seat. They have an adherence policy that most call centers have. But timing your bathroom breaks and emailing when you have to use the rest to explain why you clocked out is a little to far.

Your schedule is based off quality score, attendance, and your – more... daily adherence.

The have a favoritism management plays is clearly shown daily. As is the unprofessional nature. Company lacks compassion or empathy for employees.

Everyone in my training class were looking for a new job 1 month after training.

I wouldn't recommended this job to anyone looking for a place to grow with – less
Production was challenging
Insurance Anaylist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: fundraisers for march of dimes and united way, cookout once a year.
Cons: short lunch hour, breaks, etc
A typical day at work was to pay claims, customer service, and meet production. We had on the job training so you were always learning and could advance to different levels. Co-workers were very helpful as we tried to help each other if possible. The hardest part of the job was meeting quality standards as well as production standards. The most enjoyable – more... p\art of the job was they let us do various projects like March of Dimes and United Way. Each year we chose a different chairman to be on those committees. – less
Changing peoples lives through better health.
Field Event Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2014
Solely responsible for operations management, administrative requirements and reports, clinical supplies and equipment, operation of mobile practice.

Managed quality assurance of services, team meetings and after action reports.
Consistent work environment
Customer Service Telephone Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
learned a lot about insurance.
customer service
phone skills
Professional Health Care environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Cons: short breaks
Call center environment, answered all incoming calls speaking with providers and policy holders regarding benefits and claims. Provided excellent customer service, utilized all resource materials to provide quality responses to customer inquiries. What i learned was healthcare benefits, and medical terminology. Management was great, my co workers were – more... friendly. The hardest part of the job was being monitored on all calls, having to open and close all calls in a timely manner and getting feedback on your performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was easy, good benefits, and the pay was good. – less
Good Company Overall
Senior Medical Appeals Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2014
Pros: work at home activities
Cons: job advancement
Good company overall. Advancing from within is somewhat difficult. Great Experience.
Stressful and annual reviews did not give employees raises.
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 2, 2014
Pros: company lunches & holiday unit pot lucks
Cons: breaks were short and generally restroom stop took up most of the clock, punched in and out.
Started at 5:00 AM (flex-time schedule), went to mail drawers to retrieve daily claims for processing. The claim quotas were a minimum of 300/day, and no errors. On a monthly basis, you would be given warnings and your job was in jeopardy if you could not maintain them.

The people were the best part of the job.
A job that I miss incredibly
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare, team work, doctors are awesome that work there
Cons: will not call in for a temp tech when we were down 2 people
This location was fairly busy and only had me and 2 other Phlebotomist working. I enjoyed my job very much, I regret not working there any longer.

I learned what reasons certain tests are ran and what colored tubes they go in. How to help others in need.

The hardest part of the job is getting attached to them ( we saw mainly elderly patients ) so – more... when the call would come from the nurses to pull a file because a patient had past it was hard. I still remember the name of my first patient that past.

The most enjoyable is that again learning, I love to learn. Getting to know about your patients its incredible. – less
horrible company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 31, 2014
benefits are horrible...a typical day at work was dealing with customers all day on the phone
busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: no life balance
customer service
spoke with patients and insurance companies about benfits etc
management was okay
co-workers were wonderful
hardest part is meeting goals instead of making sure the customers were satisfied
most enjoyable part was pleaseing the customers and helping them understand
Great job, fun co-workers, good company.
Claim Service Manager/Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 29, 2014
Learned all the intricacies of the health claims operations industry. Worked with a wonderful group of co-workers. Very fast-paced with deadline constraints which could make your job stressful at times.
Enjoyed learning how to manage people and helping them meet their goals.
It was a fun place to work.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte North CarolinaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: they would have vendors to come in the office to sale jewelry, books, candles and they would buy employees lunch from time to time.
I was employed with CIGNA for 4years and I was layed off. I started out as an admin assistant and move up to a Tier I claims processor.
Good place to start your career
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
Cigna has great benefits and the environment is wonderful. Great company to work for!
Good place to start career...just don't have any aspirations of advancing within the company
Underwriter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
Management is poor and fosters an environment of favoritism. If you're not a part of the group you're screwed and can be fired at a moments notice for absolutely no reason.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIGNA

With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical – Read more