Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Business Project Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2015
Love my company, so many opportunities for growth. I've been with Cigna going over 2 years and have grown in opportunities.
Good Place to work
ETL/DataStage Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTMay 19, 2015
CIGNA is a good place to work, we work high end technologies like BIG DATA in integration with Datastage. We find many helping people in the organization
encouraged advancement
Home Office Account Rep (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: beautiful location
Cons: commuting in snowstorms
Sent out monthly billing statement for Group Life/Health policies, Kept track of premium payments, when to suspend Claims if unpaid. Entered changes to employees ie increase of Life Insurance, add a dependent, or retirement in order to update for next billing cycle. CSR with Insureds, Agencies or Brokers.
Great Employer
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILMay 15, 2015
Pros: extensive training and support
Cons: complex industry to learn
Cigna works very well with its employees ensuring quality training and support for all its staff. At the same time, they expect quality work from its people. Combined, this made it a very challenging but satisfying place to work and learn. Many opportunities available for advancement too. I truly enjoyed my work experience there and would gladly work there again.
Poor Work place / lack of Professionalism
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 14, 2015
Pros: A job, earning money
Cons: Laying off, No good Insurance, poor Supervision with employees
Don't care about there patients
They are all about making money
Lack of Professionalism
Laid off for 3 years straight
Doctors and Nurses are never happy
Poor Insurance & Benefits
Stressful and not alot of support
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Denison, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: Monitored bathroom breaks, metric driven regardless of quality, lack of support
Very high stress job. The supervisors do not have the experience needed to actually help you with day to day issues. The company is all about how many calls you take and not actually about the quality of service you provide to those customers who are in need.I have worked in HR for many years and never have experienced what I did there. Great place to work if you are young and have not really experienced the work environment. Must be able to handle irate customers and providers on a daily bases. Set amount of time for bathroom breaks. Very production driven based on the amount of calls you take, how long it takes you to handle the call and how long you have them on hold.
Great working atmosphere and chance for growth
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: My Job in a Whole was a pro !
I enjoyed working at Cigna, managemnet was always available for anything you need and helped advanced in room for growth.I always looked forward to working with my team ..It was great helping and getting to knowing your customers .
typical corporate climate
All mail order pharmacy c/s (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ SDMay 12, 2015
Pros: not sure
Cons: no advancement, hire by subjugation not by encouragement or advancement
fairly good training.
management in small venue's still driven by the "good old boys"
management in large venue, petty, vindictive and suppressive
Organized organization that puts the members first.
Will Not Disclose (Current Employee), Private, AZMay 11, 2015
Great organization to work with and for. The associates are at the heart of what we do to provide excellent coverage and services to our members.
Low morale
Appeals Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: number of vacation days
Cons: low morale, high productivity always under the threat of job loss
Low morale, very quick ever-changing pace which can keep it less than boring but the productivity standards do not coincide with the time required for accuracy.
Fast Paced environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILMay 10, 2015
Assisting customers, learned how to review claims, co-workers were supportive. Hardest part of the job is not getting help from management regarding an unfamiliar situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILMay 9, 2015
Pros: HEALTH AND WELLNESS INCENTIVES AND A WORK OUT ROOM ON SITE CAFETERIA ON SITE.
Cons: short lunch break
Cigna has a comfortable and safe work environment. it's a business and professional atmosphere. co-workers are friendly and team players. The most difficult part of the job is sometimes it's a little noisy and the most enjoyable part is being able to educate the customers.
About working at Cigna
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: give time for family events
Cons: constant change
Productive and fun workplace, everyone there was a joy to work with, alot of training and learning. Very much a teamwork facility.. enjoyed working there..
Productive, fast paced business with excellent benefits and pay.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits and pay. It was a fun job with excellent supervisors on the floor.
Cons: Lunch was too short. Working in a 3 story building trying to get to the lunch area, order your food or wait for a microwave to be open to use, eat, use the restroom all in a half hour was not condusive. You would get "dinged" for returning late.
I worked in a call center answering insurance inquiries.
I learned more about how insurance works.
I needed little or no management but was trained by the company to be an effective listener and how to give the proper answers to the insured caller.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the aspects of insurance.
The most enjoyable part was that everyone there was very knowledgeable, professional and made the job fun as well as making new friends. Very friendly atmosphere and loved my supervisor.
A great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), one cigna drive bourbonnais ilMay 7, 2015
Pros: incentive to do better
Cons: there were no cons
A typical day at work always involved working with the customer. The most valuable lesson I learned about dealing with customer would have to be listening and following through with what the customer wants. I saw my co-worker as my team mates. always working together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was not always able to help the customer due to policy rules. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be assisting the customer and making sure the customer left with a smile
Poor paying for work load; poor management
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: nice building with on site cafeteria.
Cons: poor management, very cliquish.
Was working there on contract assignment. Other temps acting as self appointed supervisors. there was no visible management of the department. if you are not part of the clique, you were not informed of what was going on. very heavy workload for the amount of money being paid. not a good work environment.
Very disorganized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: It was in a beautiful new building.
Cons: Management
People who just started the job were managers so the company was not being ran correct. Your Schedule Constantly changes without your knowledge.
Good Pay/Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Moosic, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Stressful Work Environment
Opportunity for advancement if you work hard. Supportive management and training. The environment is stressful but the pay beats competitors.
Fun workplace with lot of employees
Document Preparer and Scanner (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches if you work 4 hours overtime whenever they need.
Cons: Breaks are many if there is not much work.
Here I have done a good job with top quality. They have given me lot of gift certificates for 13 quarters and finally they selected me as the best employee for the year 1996.
Customer Focus Company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Sun City ArizonaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Monthly meetings
The company truly cares about the patients (clients), and they will go out of their way to accommodate the workers schedule. They are very generous with benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cigna

Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense – Read more

Cigna Salaries