CIGNA

CIGNA Employer Reviews

Int'l Health Insurance Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free gym; annual company picnic; casual fridays.
Cons: no room for advancement/cross training unless you "know someone" in another department.
Busy call center--Inbound/Outbound calls; Outbound emails completed; Fair Management, but high turnover rate; High employee turnover rate; No retention program; Co-workers very personable and pleasant; Great updated new state of the art facilities including new catered/staffed cafeteria & gym;
Great location, expensive healthcare
Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: expensive healthcare, low compensation
Salary was not competitive for my position especially being in Philadelphia. I was not challenged and left after two years. I left for a similar position out of city (no city wage tax) for almost $20K more after bonus.
I enjoyed working with a team of about 20 women and teaching new recruits.
Account Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: excellent personal insurance policy.
Cons: meeting the claim quota without any monetary errors.
I was required to pay up to 100 medical claims a day with no monetary errors. I became familiar with ICD-9 codes and CPT codes. My coworkers were all women, we were young and most were newly married and having children or in the process of pregnancy. We were friendly and enjoyed pot lock lunches and celebrating birthdays, etc. I enjoyed having several – more... companies that I was responsible for their specific insurance policies and providing policy holders with their particular policy coverage. I enjoyed teaching the new recruits and making sure their quota was met and done correctly. – less
Good Place
Service Coordinator in Client Implementation (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 14, 2014
Its a good place to work at. When I moved into a new role. The internal move was difficult. Lack of training with no one to turn to.
Fast Paced
Senior Claim Processor (Current Employee), Hooksett NHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: training
Time management very important fast paced enviroment
Intense contact with managers
have to adapt to different distractions
Excellent company staff and benefits.
Provider Relations Senior Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 13, 2014
A typical day consist of researching problems and negotiating with internal/external partners/customers to resolve highly complex and/or escalated and sensitive issues.

I learned the importance of Processing incoming/outbound calls in a timely and professional manner and how to respond to provider inquiries, concerns, complaints, appeals and grievances.

The – more... hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day knowing you did your very best, yet there were several more things that needed attention.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you had a great boss, tools available to assist in making important decisions and extremely hard working team members. – less
it was like working on a assembly line
Medical Billing Processor (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 12, 2014
Job paid well, but it was very stressful. I enjoyed the people I worked with and got along well with management. Lot of overtime and that took away from my family, but it was also good pay.
Busy Place
Billing account associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: company festivities
Cons: too much work
*Ensures customer data is entered accurately and timely

*Acts as a resource to others on non-routine work

*Managed shared email box to ensure client updates, enrollments, terminations

*Managed 70 account book of business-process, funding terminations, enrollments and credits

*Friday was the best day of the week
Quiet place to work, great benefit
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: they have several programs that help you with weight, diabetes, etc.
Cons: pressure to complete a certain number of claims each day.
Once I have logged in, I complete my hold report, then work on the UAE claims.
The management team encourages us to move up the ladder.
There is a quiet room where you can rest during your lunch or break
There is also a room with several couches a TV, pool table, XBOX.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great employee incentives
Cons: short lunch times
Answer phones, type minutes, maintain database. Loved the employee luncheons
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJuly 10, 2014
NO review at this time. Very busy day at work. I know all about healthcare. Management is okay. I enjoy my coworkers. The customers. The enjoyment of satisfying a customer.
Not employment advancement
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 9, 2014
This company is well established but the pay rate is very low. All the areas I learned during my time with this company was not enough.
?
Medical Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, azJuly 8, 2014
Worked her for a long time and had a hard time getting use to the environment. When working with medical insurance you come in contact with some people with terminal illnesses. When I was unable to help these people with there ongoing issues it was upsetting to me .
Great Employer!
Charge Nurse, Urgent Care (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: nothing!
Cigna has an atmosphere of teamwork, professionalism and very customer centric. Cigna provides a place to expand skills and provides the resources to do so.

Management is very easy to get along with and provide opportunity for growth.
Production type atmosphere
Office Support Associate (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: in house full cafeteria, secure departments (must enter with company badge)
Cons: no job security, job may go offshore.
Cigna is a good place to work with good benefits but it is very "matrix" oriented.
I would not recommend this company to anyone
Medical Claims Benefits Approver (Former Employee), Lemont, ILJuly 6, 2014
Company did not offer any training to just job shadowing. They did not pay very well and managers were very unprofessional.
Reliable, trustworthy, and willing to change and learn
Lifesource Senior Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: 264 hours of vacation
Cons: this is not my preferred field.
A typical day at work consists of being accountable. We are screened on everything that we do. The biggest thing that i have learned in my 14 years is how to multitask efficiently. I get along with my coworkers and they all like and respect me. The hardest part of my job is finding the balance between production and quality. I have managed to do so – more... and exceed most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is realizing what an important role I play in our clients lives. I try to put myself in their shoes – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: people you worked with, overtime
Cons: breaks, lunch
You have good balance between work and home. Flexible schedule they will work with you. Some people can work from home.
Great Environment for Enhancing Skills
Infrastructure Engineer Sr. Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: three and four days off a week
Cons: twelve hour shifts
Responsible for ensuring the day to day NOC tasks are prioritized correctly and completed in a timely manner, reviewing quality of work (e.g. tickets accuracy, completion of daily checklist, call monitoring, ticket summaries, and notifications), ensuring processes and procedure are followed, provide 2nd level escalation and technical support, train – more... personnel on operations tasks, assist in resolving any conflicts within the team. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: they treated their temps like bugs
Answer the call and get off the phone within 3 mins regardless if the customer understands what you told them about their healthcare.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIGNA

With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical – Read more

CIGNA Photos