Cigna

Cigna United States Employee Reviews

Good job
Biometric Screener (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: travel
I am an independent contractor and I go to clinics all around the area. I got to meet new people all the time and the pay is great.
Horrible place
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 21, 2015
Pros: They pay decent
Cons: Everything else.
You are nothing but an employee number to this company. Your manager will be in another state and you never get to meet them. Your "meetings" are all online and impersonal. They don't care about you or your family.
Working for Cigna
Customer Service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of communication between reps and management
A typical work day at Cigna will be assisting members with their policies as far as billing questions and also changing their healthcare plan. What I have learned with working with Cigna is knowledge of the healthcare system with the tremendous amount of changes that has taken place over the last couple of years. As far as the management aspect of the job there is a huge gap between the lack of respect and communication with the representative. If I had the option to become apart of the management team I would listen to my representatives feedback because they are closer to the job and members than I would be on a day to day basis. My co-workers are awesome we all are team players and will go the extra mile for the members. The hardest part working for Cigna is getting information in a untimely matter when it is in regards to new changes that will impact members and their policies. The most enjoyable part of working with Cigna is hearing the members say "thank you so much for helping me you have really made this process easy".
I didn't care much for this job
Case Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 16, 2015
The pay was really great. Down side, my case management patients were ALWAYS mad due to the lack of insurance benefits and coverage for certain healthcare costs and needs.
Excellent Learning Experience
Phlebotomist Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch break and friendly environment
Cons: Too small of an environment to work on several patients not enough sits for them
I believe I learned a lot working as an assistant phlebotomist in Cigna Arizona. In a typical work day I learned how to draw blood from several patients and to perform urine and stool analysis and that was exciting for me. I woke up every day looking forward to learning about the clinic environment and improving my skills.
Great environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Management
Diverse. Great job culture. Some advancements automatic. Deal with a lot of changes. Management is great depending on your department.
Unorganized, unsanitary, roudy environment
Billing Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work consist of lots of noise, arguments, and unresolved issues. I learned how to get my work done regardless of the environment and work independently at times. I also learned how to claim customers and empathize with them. My co workers were fun people and we all worked together at times. The hardest part of my job was needing management help and not being able to get it at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the contest the job would have and give out rewards.
Great culture/diversity
HEALTH PROMOTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Work at HomeApril 14, 2015
I admire the CEO tremendously and I feel the environment is very supportive of healthy choices and work-life balance. I also believe wholeheartedly in this company's mission and direction.
Wonderful place to begin your career
Disability Case Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2015
Cons: This company is very slow in awarding promotions and awarding any type of raise.
In any given day you never know what you will find yourself involved in when dealing in the disability field. Cigna does a wonderful job training you for this position. The process and team they have in place to train each new claim manager that comes in is the best program I have ever been a part of. I would highly recommend this company for anyone to begin their career.
The workplace became filled with pressure and fear of termination.
Customer Service/Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co-workers
Cons: Detatched Managers
Management was far too removed from the genuine needs and concerns of employees. There was always pressure for production even at the cost of performance. Then, the performance was used to evaluate your job performance.
Great company -- employees focused.
Head of International Public Policy (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 12, 2015
Cigna offers opportunities for growth in a dynamic environment. It has global scope and good growth potential with an emphaisis on success.
Great Company
Senior Accountant - Investments - Mortgage Loans (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 10, 2015
I was in the Investment Group for six years. It was a real pleasure. Wonderful people - and little turnover. Things ran smoothly. Very friendly and family-like.
Company is interested in improving peoples' health through healthy lifestyles.
Sponsorship Manager / Civic Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTApril 9, 2015
Pros: Healthy atmosphere.
Cons: Managers too busy.
Company looks to support charities who share their mission of health and well being, such as March of Dimes. Company strives for people to improve their lifestyles so that they will achieve better health.
productive work environment
Group Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDApril 9, 2015
Good team people environment. Learned about healthcare plans and programs. Best part of my job was working in a team environment.
It's an okay place to work.
Senior Care Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Paydays
Cons: Benefit cost too much for employees
It all depends on what department you work in that will determine how you feel about the company. I like all the departments I worked for, some the people I worked with were friendly.

There maybe opportunities to work from home.
I enjoyed the work I did there.
Externship
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Standing on my feet for 10 straight hours
I had just finished school to be a Pharmacy Technician and was placed at Cigna. I had my Pharmacy Tech Trainee License. I came in feeling intimidated but my Lead Supervisor who was the Pharmacist was extremely welcoming along with the Pharm Techs. They were quick to provide me with a helping hand and answer any questions I may have had. They made sure to expose me with all duties a Pharm Tech would do whether I was working in a hospital, retail, call center or a processing center. The hardest part of my externship was leaving after fulfilling my required hours. The most enjoyable part of my externship was learning in a very hands on setting so I could be prepared for my AZ State Board testing.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Eight hours a day. Overall improvement of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Management was good. Worked with a very hard-to-get-along-with co-worker. No real hard part about job. Love working with words.
okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: salary
I was a Customer service rep. who answered inbound calls from customers who wanted to make changes or give in network benefits information
Culture of Constant Growth
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTApril 4, 2015
Pros: Many
Cons: Few
On a typical day I partner with senior level IT leaders to ensure alignment to business imperatives. I deal with mid level managers to give direction on development of future leaders and partner with other HR peers to ensure cross functional priorities are met.
Productive and fun place to work
Front End Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Horsham, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: pto, free snacks, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, location, desk sharing
The work is straight forward. We work many queues throughout the day, but the main queue is the Order Entry queue. That's where all the orders are waiting to be inputted and sent to the pharmacists for review. I like when we exceed our goals as a team for the day. It makes you feel accomplished. My co-workers are pretty cool. Everyone gets along. Management is good. They are very busy people but they always come around to check in on everyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cigna

Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense – Read more

Cigna Salaries