Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

Very professional and fun place to work. Respects employees and communicates effectively
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 31, 2015
Working at Cigna is one of the most professional environment I worked in. Cigna has a great work life balance where there was flexibility working remotely and in the office.
Excellent Learning environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), DenverAugust 26, 2015
Cigna gave an excellent platform for me to learn the healthcare industry. Have worked here on various source systems and domains like benefits , client , coverage etc . There is a daily interaction with business and downstream for the requirements .
Good Company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILAugust 25, 2015
Good company, large, opportunity to advance, typical day: phone calls, working directly with customers, taking phone calls, training, listening to phone calls, hiring, human resources.
Productive and always keep you on your toes.
Medical Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Moosic, PAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at Cigna :

Rushed . . . lots of calls in que, have to answer as many as you can but still keep each phone call personalized, no time for a breathe because its call after call after call. Information always changes so that delays the process but you need to remain current and accurate because if customer is misinformed then that adds to the pot of already angry customers who are already calling in about a claim or coverage that they thought they had but did not.
i enjoyed my time here
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Moosic, PaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: the clients
Cons: Lack of support
My direct supervisor was not as skilled as she should have been. but the people we served were wonderful, and caring individuals
Cigna Infrastructure employee
Infrastructure Engineer Specialist (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: WFH capability is a huge bonus.
Cons: Management can be very troubling when moving forward towards different products of innovation.
Stand-up CA APM Introscope for Application Performance Monitoring on multiple servers and platforms. Most of my agenda is attending meetings, making sure those application owners possess all the necessary information/data to set baselines, and root-cause analysis for their application.
Awful if you're a temp.
Medical Records Processor. (MRP) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: cool co-workers
Cons: management, everything else
While I loved my coworkers, and some of the claims managers we helped support, the company overall was awful to work for.

Since you're a temp, you are not allowed to participate in any company functions. Oh? The office cafeteria isn't open today because the entire office is going to lunch? You aren't! Hope you packed a lunch that day!

If you do your work, and help other people with theirs, there is no reward. People there that don't do their job, are late or no call no show still have jobs there. Management is a joke.

Oh, you applied for a job with Cigna! Figure, you're a temp there, you know how the company runs right? Too bad. You don't get any feedback on your interview or anything. Because even though you are there every day doing work at Cigna, you're a temp. And you're treated as an outsider. Because you aren't a real employee. Hopefully your name gets pulled out of a hat that day so you get a job.

And working overtime? You still get straight pay.No time and a half pay for you.

And depending on what temp agency you're with, you get paid differently. The pay ranges anywhere from $11.25 - $12.50. It's ridiculous.

And they'll never tell you if the position is going to made permanent. (It's not.) They just keep talking about how upper management is still debating on it. You'll be there for over a year as a temp with no benefits.

It's a good job to have it you're looking for a real job but still need money.
very stressful environment
Short Term Disability Claims Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 17, 2015
great cafeteria.
friendly co workers.
not enough support from management.
unrealistic expectations for 40 hour work week.
Personal Advocate
Personal Care Advocate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Very Good Co-workers and cleaning staff.
Cons: Constant Turnover
I enjoy working with the multitude of customer from different account-companies learning and explaining the health and wellness programs benefits, eligibilty rewards and helping customer's to be aware of features of their insurance. I enjoyed matching customer with the coaches who are nurses, behavioralist, exercise physiologist, and dieticians-nutritionist. The hardest part of the job was SOP guidelines and audit matrix's changing frequently. Turnover among employees is forever happening. Constant moving from location in the building to different floors and different sides of the building. The Most enjoyable part of the Job is assisting customer and working with the coaches who appreciate the Personal Care Advocated who assess, engaged the customer in the programs and transfer or schedule the customer with the coaches.
Productive work place that cares about their employees
Service / Contract Assessment Team (Current Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 11, 2015
Productive work place that cares about their employees. There have been a few transitions over the past few years, and they haven't always gone smoothly, but upper management has had our backs to make sure we've had some security in our jobs.
CONSULTANT THROUGH TALON PRO (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 9, 2015
Great Place to work. managing life and work can be hard but Cigna makes it easy to handle both. Management allow workers to handle work without looking over their shoulder. Managers are welling to help and assist with any accommodation. Co-workers are also accommodating. They are eager to help and assist. The hardest part of the job is not asking for help. The easy working environment allow every one to grow and expend.
My Job
Corporate Wellness Health Educator (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 8, 2015
I am fortunate enough to work with employees on their health improvement goals and objectives. Additionally, I am involved with onsite work wellness offer a variety of activities throughout the year to promote and engage employees in healthy behaviors.
slash and burn
Benefit Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 7, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: poor entry level salary
My division was a phone based environment. The managers were disinterested in what took place on the phones as long as the job got done. It was a hot house environment with agents coming and going.
The culture lacked any sort of nurturing or growth prospects. It was disorganized, lacked leadership, and treated customers with disdain.
Good firm to work at !
Director (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTAugust 7, 2015
Overall good firm to work at and I learned a lot about Big Data and Health Care; Some interesting projects and opportunities for success.
poor management interaction with employees
Business Project Specialist (Former Employee), bloomfield ctAugust 6, 2015
Pros: work from home most days
Cons: huge building, long walks to any conference rooms of vehicle parking.
never knew that upper management was even located at my location. First time I have ever worked at a company where management wanted nothing to do with the workers.
great great company
senoir claims examiner (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: They left New York and closed the office
Loved working for this company. Great management Great benefits Great environment to work in. Employees were rewarded for going above and beyond there normal job requirements
End-to-End QA test team.
APEX Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTAugust 4, 2015
As a QA Analyst on the End-to-End QA team it was my responsibility to do a final test check-out of the systems I was responsible for just prior to production resease.
Nice work/life balance
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 3, 2015
Nice support from Management for work.
Have nice fun at work ,team lunches and team building activities.
Nice team and infrastructure.
INSPIRATIONAL AND PRODUCTIVE
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTAugust 3, 2015
INSPIRATIONAL,PRODUCTIVE AND TEAM SPIRIT WORKING WITH OTHER PROFESSIONERS IN THE IT INDUSTRY.WORKING WITH CIGNA MADE ME FAMILIARISE MYSELF WITH AFFORDABLE CARE ACT,FEDERALLY FACILATED MARKET PLACE AND MORE OTHER GOVERNMENT PARASTATAL RELATED TO HEALTH INDUSTRY
Everyone you met at Cigna between managment and emploees where truly amazing.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Moosic, PAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great work enviorment
Cons: None
The training you receive was excellent, very through. I learned so many things and are informed when an update has been implemented. Management and other employees are always there to help if needed. And I was able to work from home.
Headquarters