CIGNA

CIGNA Employer Reviews

Cigna President Club Award two times.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: employer and supervisor
Cons: marketing duties.
I liked my employer and supervisor. I met clients (workers compensation, attorneys, Department of Labor,doctors, third party etc.) to develop needs of the client. I testified as a Vocational Expert for Social Security. I completed vocational evaluations and provided recommends.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: pay
It is a great place to work. they have outstanding work life balance. The corporate office in CT lack diversity. It is mostly new england folks.
Not Bad
Interim International Real Estate Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2014
Not Bad for an consulting position. Wished it could have been longer.
Strong leadership
Director of Network Development (Former Employee), PhoenixSeptember 17, 2014
They hire outstanding talent and hold people accountable.
great place to work
Auditor, Claims Processor, CSR (Former Employee), Sherman, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: no longer located where i am
I started out processing claims, moved to customer service, then became a customer service supervisor, moved to audit and then moved to work at home audit and claims processor
Phones where busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: was able to work early hours which i loved, and weekend off.
Cons: training was poor.
Worked there 10years and the department I was in ended so my job was termed. Loved working there met very nice people and loved working with them. Had very nice supervisors.

Hardest part of the job was the customers that called in about the benefits they had and did not understand. Our department was a limited plan only covering from 1000.00 to 3000.00 – more... per year , – less
It was awful
Gayle Riddle, Mgr (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: everything.
Management will lie to you. There is no HR department to complain to because all their HR needs are handled overseas. They change your job without asking or giving notice.

The company does not appreciate its employees at all.
stable job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, CONVEY HEALTH SOULTIONS (Current Employee), sunrise , flSeptember 16, 2014
Convey is a great place to work at , great ppl . you can advance here if you work hard.
Awesome place
QA Tester (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Very challenging environment. Friendly co-workers.
Learnt new skils while on job
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Visalia CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great people, good environment
Cons: job security
Only con was job security. Loved working there.
Great people,great company.
Constantly changing acquisition
Application Development Manager (Current Employee), Austin Texas USASeptember 13, 2014
I came in to adjust the cultural environment and to increase efficiency of the existing teams. I became responsible for everything IT in the Austin Area making sure the Business had everything then needed to succeed in their activities.
great place to work
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 11, 2014
taking calls, speak with reps with whom i have excellent work relationships with, speaking to customers, ols and new and resolving customer issues.
Back Office LPN In GI Dept
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Gilbert AzSeptember 10, 2014
I worked from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday.I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge from the physicians i worked with over the past 13 yrs in GI.I had wonderful co-workers and up until the last 4 yrs i believe the management was excellent and i worked with allot over the last 29yrs and 8months with Cigna.The most enjoyable part of my job was – more... my everyday interaction with the patients and they did more for me than i did for them.Last year Cigna had a big lay off and let the whole GI dept in Phx go so everybody has been alot more worried about the Job security..Overall Cigna was a good company to work for and i enjoyed my time with them. – less
Enjoyable work place!
Eligibility CSR\Various (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: working in a call center environment
Cons: being a temporary employee without the option to hire
*A typical day at work consisted of; Updating all members’ eligibility in the National, CED and Medicom system. Accurately handled and supported customers request for services, products and procedural information for various types of group and individual insurance products including EPP, PPO, HMO, Indemnity and Cobra.
Knowledge of Epro web based application. – more... Answered [100-150] calls per day. Successfully documented all incoming and outgoing calls.

*What I learned was how to productively work in a call center environment.

*The management was very informative.

*My co-workers were very ambitious, dedicated and reliable.

*The hardest part of the job was leaving when my temporary assignment was up.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to navigate through various systems. – less
Enjoyed
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: cafeteria available. didn't have to go off site
Cons: downsized
A great learning experience. Lots of opportunity. Able to present data entry skills as well a analytical skills.
Very Up beat and timeline driven environment
Sales Support Consultant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: versatility
Cons: unrealistic requests
None of your work days are typical, I have learned how to work with and for employees/peers of all levels and have come to realize titles are the only walls in this environment. There is a big emphasis on strong team environment. I enjoy the versatility and meeting deadlines with positive outcomes.The hardest part of my job is having to tell a client/broker – more... or matrix partner what they requested is not available for them when the want it. – less
A leader in the healthcare industry
Director, National Operations Mgmt. (Current Employee), ConnecticutSeptember 9, 2014
A leader in the healthcare industry. Good work-life balance. Customer centric.
Excellent with training and communication
Team Coordinator and Point Person (Former Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: provides extensive training and superior benefits
Cons: downsizing
One of the best company's to work for. Very attentive to the needs for their employees.
Promotes consistently within and always encourages advancement.
Provides an excellent training module to assist employees from all levels and departments to continue education and mentors and encourages all employees from diverse backgrounds to reach out.
Very diversified.
its ok
PDS tech (Former Employee), BloomfieldSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: has ac
Cons: long walks to from car
Not very employee friendly. The place is always changing i was moved 3 times in 1 month.
Enjoyed working with Physicians and their staff
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: location and hours
Cons: could not approve all referrals
Collected and assessed clinical data in order to approve referrals to specialists for patients

1 2 3 4 5

About CIGNA

With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical – Read more

CIGNA Photos