CIGNA

CIGNA Employer Reviews

great benefit package
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: if you were fortunate enough nto have a good supervisor you had chances for advancement
Cons: it was very much about who you knew rather than what you knew
great peers, made life long friends
learned so much!
hardest part of the position was not being able to solve every customers issues, the most enjoyable part was when I was.
Filing
temp filer (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: professionalism
Cons: tidyness
I enjoyed working with files all day because I enjoy organizing files and files. I worked in the file room and cleaned out files, replaced old files, and boxed files that were going to be moved to a new office. The hardest part of the job was probably the tidyness it took while working.
Productivity
Dental Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEApril 22, 2014
Pros: the co-workers were great
Cons: management
Overall it was a nice place to work. The management department was not so good. They are micro-managers.
overall good
Senior QA tester (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: nothing
It was overall good experience with Cigna. Managers and other team members were friendly so haven't had any issues with them
Productive and Professional environment
Customer Service Rep Associate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais IllinoisApril 21, 2014
Pros: cigna often showed its appreciation to employees, for our willingness to work ot frequently with free lunches or some type of incentive.
Cons: i did not have any cons with this company.
Call center environment, typical day included answering incoming calls from hospitals, doctors offices and members to do prior authorizations or inquiring on status of pre-certs. Information changes daily on requirements for pre-certs and where to obtain the new information. Management was excellent at addressing internal issues as well as personal – more... issues or questions. Co-workers pleasant and professional. Hardest part of the job was advising members when coverage was not in their plan. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to approve pre-certs or resolve tough issues for a member and hear the relief in a members voice when we were able to give the coverage. – less
Co workers are great to work with.
Eligibility Specialist Sr. /Customer Relations (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 19, 2014
Pros: working in different enviorments.
Cons: job stability. you never know.
Open enrollment is very busy time of year. Stay on top on new changes and learn as much as you can. Co-workers made great team work.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 18, 2014
CIGNA is a great paying job and I am very greatful to have it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can help the customers with their health care needs.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I enjoy working for the company. It's a comfortable environment to and the management is very polite.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2014
CIGNA WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST PLACE TO WORK. I MISS WORKING FOR CIGNA HEALTHCARE.
CIGNA provided leading process improvement training and supported staff development
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, mnApril 16, 2014
Pros: cigna provided employee development programs and promoted within whenever possible
Cons: at this time, cigna was the slower moving large company while uhc was the smaller and more innovative company.
While the internet was still in its infancy, CIGNA was a leading healthcare company with mature processes and procedures. I had the opportunity to introduce new technologies to replace the manual paper processes.
EXTREMELY BUSY CALL CENTER
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: casual dress policy
Cons: pay, job satisfaction, opportunity for advancement, flexibility
each day requires a great deal of focus and attention to detail while connected to a phone and computer;
calls are taken back to back with rarely more than 20 seconds in between; callers often waiting more than 30 minutes to get a live representative;
perhaps 80% of callers are calling with a problem they need to address and solve;
solving the customers – more... problem does not only depend on your correct assessment but on others ability to perform their jobs with speed and accuracy also;
some very important jobs, such as claim processing have been "outsourced";
this makes an excellent customer service experience extremely difficult because often times a customer will have to call back multiple times to resolve an issue;
job satisfaction is impossible in such an environment; thus turn over is very high; – less
Medical Coder
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Nashville TNApril 15, 2014
Clinical coder / Properly coding patient charts for billing
Fun workplace and loved the people
Customer Service Analyst (Advocate) (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: got to travel
Cons: no cons
My typical day was reviewing member benefits and explaining insurance procedures, answer member/employers phone calls. Loved all my co-workers and got along very well. Hardest part of my job was when I would get an account and got to know someone I would have to change accounts and lose communication with them. The enjoyable part of my job was the clients – more... I worked with. – less
Great training and excellent trainers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaApril 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits offered
Assisted Cigna Healthcare insurance members with questions or inquiries regarding insurance claims. Provided insurance premium amounts to customers and potential members. Informed customer on the status of paid, unpaid and pending.
A challenging and productive work environment.
Care Senior Associate (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2014
Cigna Behavioral Health is an interesting place to work. The world of health insurance is notoriously complex and the position of Care Senior Associate is not for the shy and incurious. The position requires a very intricate knowledge of behavioral health insurance and the ability to answer callers' questions about healthcare for mental health and substance – more... use concerns. – less
great place to work
Driven and compassionate healthcare associate (Former Employee), Denison, TXApril 14, 2014
Great place and fun place to work. Flexible hours and was able to work from home for the past 5 years. Had some amazing team members and managers. Would recommend to anyone starting out.
A great company
Health Screener/ Wellness Coach,Finger Stick (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: flights to go to work out of town.
Cons: not enough work
The job was great, and the company put its employees first. I was and independent contractor for the company. And it was great, traveled to different cities for work.
Soild company
Director, Customer Support Center (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2014
Work for the company for years. For the most part my years with the company were good, but did encounter managers that could use more exposure to interpersonal skills.
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
It been over ten years since I worked at Cigna. The job was very busy.
Awesome place to work
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHApril 9, 2014
Employee oriented, supervisors care about their employees. Best part was being able to work at home processing claims.

1 2 3 4 5

About CIGNA

With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical – Read more

CIGNA Photos