Cigna

Cigna Employer Reviews

Great working Enviornment
Employer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: company layoffs
Responsibilities include: Installing new business, and maintaining an assigned book of business serving as the client’s primary point of contact for Benefits and Eligibility. Responsible for processing rate renewal, and plan changes, and conducting Engineering meetings for new groups to educate them on the Membership, Recordkeeping, and Accounting’s policies and procedures. Works with internal partners to address and resolve any issues pertaining to eligibility, claims, structure, rates, etc. Also works with internal partners to encourage and promote Automation as a means of maintaining eligibility to all manual groups. Responsible for providing eligibility reports to clients, and processing annual renewal of sales. Position requires significant amount of independent judgment and decision making.
• Received numerous employee excel awards along with performance recognition for outstanding client service.
Great benefits and flexibility
Field Support Technician/Network Administrator (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons: uncertainty
CIGNA, depending on which region of the country you were located, had much instability and offices were shrinking to the point of non-existence. The benefits were excellent as well as the department management.
Great place to work in the IT/QA arena
QA and Testing Sr. Specialist - WebIT (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CT (work-at-home in NC)January 28, 2015
Pros: many training session and peer reviews.
Cons: at times too many hours.
CIGNA has excellent IT & QA divisions complete with training and cross-training. Multiple meeting with various groups prior to writing specs, developing test scripts, and script execution.
Not a great job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), PhoenixJanuary 27, 2015
Very repetitive work. The management did not seem to care about improving the work flow. Cubicles, and very gray colors in the buildings make you depressed.
Great company to work for
Financial Analysis Senior Specialist, Pricing (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 26, 2015
Financial Development Program is great! I learnt about Pricing in global markets. My co workers were actuaries and very smart people.
Productive and enjoyable
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch and picking hours want to work
I worked 6:00am-2:30pm shift
I learned a lot about different type of claims, it was different than other place i worked but good
I enjoyed the co-workers i had and still friends with them
the hardest part was training, but once trained wasnt really hard
I loved being able to pick the hours i wanted to work and got 1hr lunch
Cigna Healthcare
Cigna (Former Employee), CignaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: micro managing
They are not as employee friendly as they would like people to believe. Job Work/Life Balance is a joke.
It's an ever-changing place
Senior Internet Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Moosic, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: short breaks, compensation and advancement opportunities
I assist customers on a daily basis with their health insurance needs, registration, navigation and understanding of our varied websites. I also educate my customers to understand the constantly-changing world of healthcare and healthcare reform. I enjoy working with people and have the honors of working with so many different people daily which gives me many opportunities for me to assist with helping them understand a very complex and sometimes intimidating, confusing world of health insurance.
A great place to work
CSR / Inbound Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: 40 hour work week with full benefits
Cons: uncertain of day-to-day schedule
Answering inbound phone calls, verifying benefits, documenting each call. Great team spirit and environment. Hardest part was not knowing what my day to day hours were and knowing they were subject to change at any point in the day.
Productive Envirnment
Client Service Partner (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Work will constantly keep you busy and you will never have the same day twice. New challenges are brought forth each day.
Great Company to Build A Career
Provider Data Senior Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: competitive salary, excellent benefits, good working environment
Cons: company pays partial health insurance, outsourcing
Cigna offers a competitive salary and offers a great work life balance. Cigna embraces diversity, boost team morale and offers a fun working environment!
Great Place to work
Business Project Sr Analyst (Current Employee), Denison TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great place
Work with multi-cross functional teams to ensure all integration points between the production planning applications and internal upstream and downstream systems are completed and executed according to requirements as well as ensure on time delivery.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: warm environment
Cons: short lunch
Being my first real office job, I must see I'm enjoying it. Working for this Fortune 500 Company is astounding. My work environment is one filled with productivity and outstanding work ethic. I've learned so much and really felt like this is a company that cares. I see how as a company we take our members healthcare by the reigns, ensuring that they receive the best care. This is very important to me as a nursing graduate. I encourage all qualified people to add their contribution, you will not be disappointed.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Moosic, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Great experience learning to work and talk with other people.
Helpful managers
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION R.N. (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
During the time I worked at Cigna I was very impressed with the helpful staff and managers. They assisted with making sure I understood my job duties and had the knowledge to effectively complete my job.
A very respectable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
It was a very respectable workplace with well mannered co-workers. Not only is the pay good but they also pay on time without any problems. Managers are always there to help you when you need anything from them. It was also a very healthy environment to work in and they also serve healthy food of your choice. They break down all of the steps needed to be a great employe for them. They even have a fitness center.
NE Work @ Home Manager
New England Work @ Home Manager (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJanuary 7, 2015
Managed 45 Work @ Home and In Office medical claims process in the New England area. Managed daily claims inventory, which included suspended claims timely resolution. Built high performance standards within my own department. Strong leadership ability which included excellent verbal and written presentation skills. Maintained Employee Time Tracking System, which included payroll, Paid Time Off, FMLA, WC, STD, LTD. Conducted employee one on one monthly meetings, semi-annual and annual employee evaluations and compensation packages. Member of Cigna's National Work @ Home Committee. Successfully developed W@H National Guidelines Manual which clarified and simplified national processes. Received Circle of Excellence Award for reducing late payment interest by 35% on suspended claims inventory. Exceeded monthly and yearly metrics, which increased customer satisfaction and renewal contracts.
Productive and fun place to work
Dental Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: customer service interactions, learning about dental
Cons: sitting 99.9% of the time
I handle dental calls in regards to claims, benefits and eligibility. Coming from a healthcare background, I have learned so much about dental and the different procedures. I really enjoy my co-workers.
Fast Paced
Medical Claim Processor (Former Employee), Bristol CtJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Great place to work at- Friendly and very fast paced- Management always acknowledged every employee.
Rare moments in which management didn't have an answer for the employees
friendly environment
Recognizable Organization
HSA/Acct Services Sr. Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no work/life balance
The best part of this job is the ability to work from home. The hardest part of this job is working is the inability to post out to another position during certain seasons of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cigna

Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of – Read more