Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

IT Asset Manager/IT Service Senior Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 30, 2015
Cigna is a great place to work. So many friendly people and a very good working environment that centers around the customer.
Was a great place to work at one time.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Average pay, family-like atmosphere, chance for advancement was great (at one time)
Cons: Directors and upper management ruined the Charlotte office, work atmosphere became hostile, production was geared more toward quantity than quality, office politics left a lot to be desired
CIGNA Healthcare (Charlotte) was a great place to work at one time. The comraderie there was pretty good and the employees who had been there for quite sme time felt more like family than co-workers. However, when the Charlotte office closed down, none of the employees were surprised.
That place would have been the death of me
Care Advocate (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Not only does the amount of work they expect form you not fit into an 8 hour work day, they expect you to get it done regardless even though they only offer overtime when it's the beginning of the year. On top of that, the people who have been there forever never seem to progress to a higher level of pay or a promotion yet the ones that know the bosses on the top of the hierarchy make it to the top fast and with little work to do- they have assistants to pour their junk on so they can dataset off whenever they Ike. That company is the most unfair place I ever worked for and they do not care about the amotional toll it takes on their employees when they are being screamed at all day. Instead of showing sympathy and helping, they just brought in a psychiatrist (no I'm not joking.) everyone is extendible and if you get a perfect eco view at the end of the year, start packing up your desk. THey WILL FIND a reason to fire you and they WILLmake sure that reason is not allowed for unemployment to approve a claim for the employee, it's disgusting and I pray anthem does a heck of a better job than those half wits that ran the place prior
Cigna benefits are fair except medical
Claims Processor Senior Associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the environment and teamwork experience
Cons: High turnover rate
Their direction is questionable, however the job culture, co-workers, and pay is good. Like most large organizations, is all about the number and the metrics must be met.
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Salaray
Cons: sold to Anthem
Cigna overall is a great place to work. Benefits and salary are competitive and the culture is good. I would recommend them to a friend.
GOOD
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 24, 2015
Cigna Healthcare offers a variety of health care benefit options—plans, programs and personal support for its members. It includes medical benefits, dental benefits, vision care, pharmacy plans and coverage for behavioral health treatments. The project involves testing of various projects implemented across releases that involve data extraction, transformation and loading into Entire data warehouse from various business applications
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 24, 2015
• Received inbound calls from customers concerning their medication description, confirmed eligibility and copays.
• Managed customers’ orders by coordination shipment with UPS and followed up with customers to ensure their expectations were met.
• Supported customers with locating and assigning a preferred care pharmacist within CIGNA network.
• Processed request for new identification cards and sent new enrollment material per request.
• Reviewed claims and determined level of benefits based on member and provider qualifying criteria.
nice
Sr. SAS Application Developer / Analyst (Current Employee), manchester ,CTJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good folks to work with. Management / Team members.
Cons: Not much to say here. Just regular nit-picking stuff.
i really liked working for company. Good people. Nice culture. Solid work. Seriously, it was a pleasure working for them and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them
Productive and fun
Senior Software Engineer / Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 21, 2015
Got a chance to work on versatile technologies. Learnt Agile implementation process.
Co-workers culture and ethics are good.
Communication between Business and Technical stake holders is good.
Extremely busy environment
Administrative Assistant, Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 20, 2015
Worked long hours for way too many people (5 Directors and a Sr. Director) and their subordinates. Job was very diversified.
Training very peoductive and knowledgeable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay and hours okay. Very nice co workers that are willing to help.
Cons: Manager timing bathroom breaks, lunches, and refusing asisistance to ne employees.
Very, Very, stressfull not by customer calls. By management and co workers. Co workers not able to ask questions to one another. Its FORBIDDEN
Cigna
Correction Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2015
Health Insurance and vacation included for FT employees
Vacation package is decent
Health Insurance package is awful and expensive
Management in some departments is good, and others it's lacking
Some advancement opportunities
POOR Management
RN (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Cigna as a corporation is fine
Cons: No real HR. Supervisors aweful and Directors unaware.
First off the upper management hardly ever comes out of their offices to actually find out what's going on in their department. HR is only virtual so there is no one to go to for issues with supervisors or anything else...they give you a number to call and the HR person reached is obviously trained to tell you how your issue cannot be proven so it's not valid. You do get plenty of time off and flexibility from Cigna as a corporation. It's just the Premium Solutions Everyday Health Engagement department that really needs to be cleaned out starting with management. If you're not into their click it's not going to be a good job for you.
Flexible time, Worked at home 2001 with GWL, this continued wit CIGNA
Facets Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 15, 2015
Pros: working at home, no driving in bad weather, great salary and good benefits.
Cons: Missed the one on on contact with other personal and our clients.
I was home Teleworker for Cigna.. Worked as a BEN system processor until all clients from BEN system had been transferred two of Cigna systems. I was trained after BEN system was complete as a Facets system home claim processor. The company offered many great benefits for working for them including salary and vacation time.

My typical day began at 8 to 9 am and worked until 12 pm then took break as long as we needed to run errands and eat lunch. The return time was flexible. We had to be available at least four hours during the Core work time.

The computer system went down for updates at 9 pm CST. As long as we returned and got back on system in time to get our 8 hours in was what was required of us. If anything presented and we were not able to get back on line in time, we would e-mail our Supervisor and let her know. As long as we could make the time up by end week, this would be approved.
Great place for advancement
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2015
Cigna is company that invests in it's employees and provides multiple opportunities to grow and develop your skills. The management is encouraging and supportive.
great place to call home
Health Educator (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: no work/life balance in my department, rigid schedule
laid back work environment. no work/life balance in my department. high traffic site. resourse for professional growth.
SAFE WORK PLACE
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: CLEAN
Cons: NO SENSE OF TEAM WORK
ITS A GOOD WORK PLACE FOR A COLLEGE STUDENT OR A SUMMER JOB PLACEMENT FOR A YOUNG ADULT FRESH OUT OF SCHOOL. I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO STATE.
Foot in the door
Order Entry (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 10, 2015
This experience was great getting my foot in the door. I've learned how things work on a wide scale range in the Pharmacy field, now I would like to expand to a more one on one in a hospital field.
Excellent work culture.
Claims and Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 7, 2015
Lays great foundation for great customer service with the ability to move up in the company. The leadership really cares about its employees and makes sure you are ready to provide excellent service to the customers.
I loved working for CIGNA!
RN, Claims Cost Improvement (Former Employee), The home office was in Bloomfield CT.July 7, 2015
Pros: We got to work at home and set our own hours.
Cons: Believe it or not, There were no 'cons' to my position!!
My responsibilities as a Claims Cost Improvement RN:

• Ensure large dollar claims comply with nationally recognized billing guidelines including CMS and National Correct Coding Initiatives.
• Investigate and resolve provider inquiries and disputes.
• Maintain complete documentation of all regulations which support company cost containment and denial initiatives.
• Keep the CCI Department up-to-date on latest Federal Transmittals, Memoranda, and Change Requests.
• Assist other departments as requested w/ investigation and documentation for their case issues. (Claims; Appeals and Grievances; SIU; etc.)

The Management Team was superior in every way! We had major input into our job descriptions. My position was tailored to my specific interests and talents. We had excellent workplace diversity and support. We had weekly Team Meetings w/ RNs from all nursing specialties and from all over the US. We worked from home, which was wonderful, and we became very close friends. Even though I retired 3 years ago, I still correspond w/ many of my co-workers on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to call it a day. I would get wrapped up in reviewing a case and totally lose track of time. I loved this position, all the work I did, and working w/ superior RN co-workers and management!!

My salary and the benefits package were EXCELLENT!
Headquarters