Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 2,278 reviews matching the search
Supervisor
Project Manager/ Heath Services Manager II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Managed teams that took inbound calls from medicare members and also providers. I would handle all major issues and take calls with team. Good customer service.
Well managed company.
Senior Linked Waiver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2017
Productive, a little stressful, culture was great, people and management good. Hard part of job was when I to tell clients they could not continue with their benefits.
Not a good place if you have a family
Senior Appeals Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2017
I just do not want to work for a company that does not have job advancement. It's not really fair that I work really hard but is constantly passed over for promotions
No Work Life balance, expect to work every weekend
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2017
Mandatory Overtime, constant stress, expected to work through lunch and breaks. Expected to work 6-7 day work weeks. It's too bad that this company does not take care of it's employees
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Work life balance, expectations to be working 24 hours a day
Great work environment
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2017
i enjoyed working at Cigna very much 11 yrs went by very fast its had its challenges like all places but they were met and resolved and everyone was always professional and enjoyable.
Pros
it was very nice work environment and a pleasure to be there
Cons
Fast paced environment, but repetitive at best
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 1, 2017
Great culture, fast paced environment. End users are very friendly and understanding. Schedules are pretty flexible and co-workers are knowledgeable.
Claim Manager
Short Term Disability Claim Manager I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Never intended to leave cigna, but glad I did as the job was to stressful, Cigna impacted my health as the stress and back stabbing was to much. Would love to find the same type of job soon
Not to bad
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 31, 2017
Not too bad.. I am a contractor at cigna. Portland cigna office is great but cigna as a whole is not a company that works on cutting edge tools and technologies
Horrible
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 31, 2017
The management system is a joke. They claim to be flexible and understanding but they have no empathy towards their employees. They want employees who's lives revolve around their call center.
Not enough proper training
New business data entry (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2017
Training is lacking. In class for 3 weeks then thrown on floor and expected to know everything even if you weren't trained on it. Continually added more responsibilities without training. If you question the quality review feedbacks they fire you. Bad place to work treat temps like dirt. On employee appreciation day they provided lunch for all of the permanent employees but not the temps. Pretty sad since they depend on the temps to get the work done during open enrollment.
Cons
Not upfront about what the job would actually involve
Fantastic Internal Teammates with Positive Attitudes and Desire to Help People
Client Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
Cigna provided me so many opportunities to expand my capabilities and skills. By granting access across multiple internal teams, I was able to understand more of the overall structure of how we offered clients health insurance. Open to ideas, Cigna allowed me to express how I thought we could better meet employees where they wanted to be met in their health journeys. Going to work was like meeting up with friends. Always happy to see friendly faces, bouncing ideas off of eachother was not only welcomed, but encouraged. My Cigna family will always be close to my heart.
Pros
Cohesive team, 401k matching, work from home day, vacation days
Cons
Slow acceleration for promotions, quick implementation of changes
Depends on the department
Administrative/Check Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2017
I would not recommend working in their support department or as a temp. Restructuring there caused layoffs and the company didn't offer the employees positions elsewhere, they just started hiring temps. Company only values certain employees, but communication is bad everywhere. Management is unorganized and unhelpful, in many cases. The people aren't bad. Opportunities to move up are lacking and recruitment is awful.
Stressful work environment
Short Terms Disability Claim Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2017
The training is not what they tell you. It can be a hostile work environment. Management isn't helpful. Although the pay is good along with benefits..
Excellent place to work to support your family.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 30, 2017
It is a great place to work, and, there are a lot of things going on there that are fun for the employee's. They need better health care offered to the employee's.
Pros
Pto, Lunch Set up, Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare plan.
Cignas pretty decent
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 29, 2017
..nothing really bad to say. Cignas a pretty decent company and the fact that they have tuition assistance has helped me out alot. Becuase of them I was able to obtain my bachelor's degree.
Toxic work place.
Pharmacy Services Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2017
The PSC is a poorly managed facility. The expectations for quality are unattainable and the only time your manager ever contacts you is if something is wrong. They treat their employees like machines and they don't care about the well being of their employees. The job itself is not bad but the work place is all wrong.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management is awful
Not a bad company
Group Claims Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 29, 2017
MANAGEMENT NEEDS TRAINING TO IMPROVE. lack of training, lack of communication, if team is not doing well, you will be coached and written up, not good.
Miserable
Sr. Business Analysis Specialist - Finance (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 29, 2017
Team did not effectively communicate that I was even coming on board to other team members. Majority of team was remote and the ones that worked in office couldnt have cared less to answer questions. Not somewhere I would suggest working if you will have a learning curve when you first start a position.

Wasnt allowed to work over time because I was hourly but due to remote employees I was forced to come in early and stay late - then encouraged to lie on time sheet that I was only working 40 HRs.
good work experience
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 29, 2017
The work experience was good which used all the niche technologies. But the work was a bit fast-paced using agile SCRUM methodology and was a bit stressful at times.
Temp Job as a Project Manager was enjoyable...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHAugust 28, 2017
Cigna is a great place to work, nice people all around, comfortable environment. This was a Temp position, M-F. Training was efficient and adequate. I would definitely go back to this Project Management position again.
Pros
Pleasant employees
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval