Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

The workplace became filled with pressure and fear of termination.
Customer Service/Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co-workers
Cons: Detatched Managers
Management was far too removed from the genuine needs and concerns of employees. There was always pressure for production even at the cost of performance. Then, the performance was used to evaluate your job performance.
Great company -- employees focused.
Head of International Public Policy (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 12, 2015
Cigna offers opportunities for growth in a dynamic environment. It has global scope and good growth potential with an emphaisis on success.
Great Company
Senior Accountant - Investments - Mortgage Loans (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 10, 2015
I was in the Investment Group for six years. It was a real pleasure. Wonderful people - and little turnover. Things ran smoothly. Very friendly and family-like.
Company is interested in improving peoples' health through healthy lifestyles.
Sponsorship Manager / Civic Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTApril 9, 2015
Pros: Healthy atmosphere.
Cons: Managers too busy.
Company looks to support charities who share their mission of health and well being, such as March of Dimes. Company strives for people to improve their lifestyles so that they will achieve better health.
productive work environment
Group Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDApril 9, 2015
Good team people environment. Learned about healthcare plans and programs. Best part of my job was working in a team environment.
It's an okay place to work.
Senior Care Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Paydays
Cons: Benefit cost too much for employees
It all depends on what department you work in that will determine how you feel about the company. I like all the departments I worked for, some the people I worked with were friendly.

There maybe opportunities to work from home.
I enjoyed the work I did there.
Externship
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Standing on my feet for 10 straight hours
I had just finished school to be a Pharmacy Technician and was placed at Cigna. I had my Pharmacy Tech Trainee License. I came in feeling intimidated but my Lead Supervisor who was the Pharmacist was extremely welcoming along with the Pharm Techs. They were quick to provide me with a helping hand and answer any questions I may have had. They made sure to expose me with all duties a Pharm Tech would do whether I was working in a hospital, retail, call center or a processing center. The hardest part of my externship was leaving after fulfilling my required hours. The most enjoyable part of my externship was learning in a very hands on setting so I could be prepared for my AZ State Board testing.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Eight hours a day. Overall improvement of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Management was good. Worked with a very hard-to-get-along-with co-worker. No real hard part about job. Love working with words.
okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: salary
I was a Customer service rep. who answered inbound calls from customers who wanted to make changes or give in network benefits information
Culture of Constant Growth
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTApril 4, 2015
Pros: Many
Cons: Few
On a typical day I partner with senior level IT leaders to ensure alignment to business imperatives. I deal with mid level managers to give direction on development of future leaders and partner with other HR peers to ensure cross functional priorities are met.
Productive and fun place to work
Front End Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Horsham, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: pto, free snacks, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, location, desk sharing
The work is straight forward. We work many queues throughout the day, but the main queue is the Order Entry queue. That's where all the orders are waiting to be inputted and sent to the pharmacists for review. I like when we exceed our goals as a team for the day. It makes you feel accomplished. My co-workers are pretty cool. Everyone gets along. Management is good. They are very busy people but they always come around to check in on everyone.
Training
AH CRISIS CALL CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Eden PriarieMarch 31, 2015
To learn about the insurance, to have further experience in funding, to learn about quotes, experience in how different facilities receive different funding
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and sometimes fun workplace
Quality Review/Auditor (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 29, 2015
Employees should be allowed to work from home more. Work environment not healthy because too many people share space. Free breakfast is offered sometimes. Some managers are hard to get to know because of personalities.
Collecting debt
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Denison, TXMarch 27, 2015
Working at this company was not easy. Collecting debt from people is not an ideal job. I did not like calling people just to be yelled at. You would have to be very thick skinned to do this job. It was a fun place to work with the employees and the management. They did keep the morale up.
Good environment
Customer Rep (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: long commute
Incoming healthcare calls from open enrollment to locating doctors
Indentify and resolve customer and healthcare provider concerns
Detailed explanation of the claim process
Policy holder insurance terms

Most enjoyable was helping people
The hardest was the customers who had serious health issues it was very sad
fun fast place call center environment
Billing and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: less pay
typical call center environment
fun and fast paced
coworkers are enjoyable
learned a lot about the health insurance industry
Customer service
Personal Advocate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
This is a good place to work if you are looking for a job. The co-worker are friendly. The hour of are good. The benefits are good.
ok job
Personal Health Advocate (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 24, 2015
...not much to say about this place. Good environment. Ok benefits. Too much micromanagement. No room for growth. Absolutely no room for growth
Nice place to work if you enjoy talking on phone all day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 21, 2015
Your expected to talk on phones to as many people you can and help out with problems all day long. Your speaking with customers about their benefits and about the claims.

About Cigna

Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense – Read more

Cigna Salaries