Cigna

Cigna Employer Reviews

Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: warm environment
Cons: short lunch
Being my first real office job, I must see I'm enjoying it. Working for this Fortune 500 Company is astounding. My work environment is one filled with productivity and outstanding work ethic. I've learned so much and really felt like this is a company that cares. I see how as a company we take our members healthcare by the reigns, ensuring that they receive the best care. This is very important to me as a nursing graduate. I encourage all qualified people to add their contribution, you will not be disappointed.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Moosic, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Great experience learning to work and talk with other people.
Helpful managers
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION R.N. (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
During the time I worked at Cigna I was very impressed with the helpful staff and managers. They assisted with making sure I understood my job duties and had the knowledge to effectively complete my job.
A very respectable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
It was a very respectable workplace with well mannered co-workers. Not only is the pay good but they also pay on time without any problems. Managers are always there to help you when you need anything from them. It was also a very healthy environment to work in and they also serve healthy food of your choice. They break down all of the steps needed to be a great employe for them. They even have a fitness center.
NE Work @ Home Manager
New England Work @ Home Manager (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJanuary 7, 2015
Managed 45 Work @ Home and In Office medical claims process in the New England area. Managed daily claims inventory, which included suspended claims timely resolution. Built high performance standards within my own department. Strong leadership ability which included excellent verbal and written presentation skills. Maintained Employee Time Tracking System, which included payroll, Paid Time Off, FMLA, WC, STD, LTD. Conducted employee one on one monthly meetings, semi-annual and annual employee evaluations and compensation packages. Member of Cigna's National Work @ Home Committee. Successfully developed W@H National Guidelines Manual which clarified and simplified national processes. Received Circle of Excellence Award for reducing late payment interest by 35% on suspended claims inventory. Exceeded monthly and yearly metrics, which increased customer satisfaction and renewal contracts.
Productive and fun place to work
Dental Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Denison, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: customer service interactions, learning about dental
Cons: sitting 99.9% of the time
I handle dental calls in regards to claims, benefits and eligibility. Coming from a healthcare background, I have learned so much about dental and the different procedures. I really enjoy my co-workers.
Fast Paced
Medical Claim Processor (Former Employee), Bristol CtJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Great place to work at- Friendly and very fast paced- Management always acknowledged every employee.
Rare moments in which management didn't have an answer for the employees
friendly environment
Recognizable Organization
HSA/Acct Services Sr. Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no work/life balance
The best part of this job is the ability to work from home. The hardest part of this job is working is the inability to post out to another position during certain seasons of the job.
encouraged and demended 15 hour work days
Assistant Director / Senior Statistician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: learning opps
great product and system
brilliant managers
long hours 15 +
new experiences
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Worked in a call center environment. Incoming call center for members and providers. Relayed benefits to providers for specific benefits. Went over claims that were paid to the provider with the provider or member. Sent claims back to processor if claims were not paid correctly according to contract. Followed up with members when questions were asked that could not be answered on the call. Explained members insurance when they did not understand deductibles and co insurance.
Enjoyable work environment
Telecommuter/At-Home Claims Processor (Former Employee), Bristol, CTDecember 28, 2014
Valued telecommuter program that marries work and home lifestyles promoting balance and self satisfaction.
Busy work environment
Provider Data Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2014
Pros: incentive time off for reaching goals
Cons: no seniority incentive
Daily collection of provider information to update records for claims to pay.
I was able to learn how to be productive in a team environment through group training sessions.
Management assisted on team projects by using incentives.
Co-workers assisted one another and shared information that would improve client information for loading accuracy.
Hardest part of job was not having timely assistance on computer updates.
The most enjoyable part of the job, working with friendly people.
Productive Work environment
Senior Informatica developer (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTDecember 23, 2014
A great place to work, explore technology and learn.
A results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise.
A typical day at work
Programmer (Former Employee), Rochester, MNDecember 20, 2014
There is a culture on highly-trained professionals that are excellent at providing quick resolution to problems. Daily meetings. Full participation and collaboration. Open-ended projects. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Fast-paced work environment
Eligibility Analyst, Senior Associate (Former Employee), Denison, TXDecember 14, 2014
I learned a lot from working at CIGNA. This company is very customer oriented and always pushing to make sure the customers are happy and enjoy a wonderful experience. This was a call center environment so it was very fast-paced and never a slow moment.
Excellent and productive workplace with fun and awesome people.
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 12, 2014
Cigna is a place with strong professionalism to treat their patients with accuracy to make their visit as a good experience. Personal is really fun and always happy to help.
Not a pleasant place to work
CPHT (Current Employee), Horsham. PaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: horrible people to work with
All I can say about this place, the mail order pharmacy floor in Horsham, Pa., is that it is a place to work while looking for something better.

The people are the type who will lie to your face and that's just the management.

Management treats everyone differently, alot of prejudices from them and co workers.

I have never seen such a work environment in my life. These are like the pharmacy tech rejects they hire here.

I regret every day I work here and hope that another position comes along soon.
fun
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2014
meeting new clients everyday, preparing health insurance, processing claims, call backs
excellent
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILDecember 6, 2014
Fast pace, consistent work flow with multiple incentives. 13 years management was great, co-workers were well trained and eager to satisfy the customers.
Huge company but good.
Health Educator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: graduate school assistance, flexible schedules, fun environment.
Cons: slow to develop career, few learning opportunities for transferable skill development.
Cigna is a very large company which has a different culture at each location. Overall it's a great company to work for if you're looking for pay and benefits only. As far as professional development goes it scores average.

About Cigna

Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense – Read more