Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 1,650 reviews matching the search
Good Place to Work
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 8, 2016
My time at Cigna was great but management was not good. Overall good place to advance. Alot of cliques.No opportunity for overtime and always selected by management.
Excellent class room training, community evolvement after 6 months of employment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 8, 2016
Initially, I believed that this would be a great job that would progress to a career. However, once you leave the classroom training which is fabulous you are kind of in a sink or swim situation. The coaches almost refuse to take supervisor calls even though you are new. Depending on your manager you will be talked down to and scolded like a child.
Pros
Benefits are available the day you hire on
Cons
Short lunches, micro managing, lack of coaching once out of training, and depending on your manager you will be talked down to
CMG environment patient focused
Healthcare Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2016
The CMG environment was fast paced however patient focused. A typical day consisted of endless multi tasking which helped the work day zoom by. Despite the occasional stresses of a hectic day the reward of happy patients whom feel genuinely cared for made working for the company worthwhile.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks within CMG environment
Cons
half hour lunches in the corporate environment
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 4, 2016
crooked. horrible place to work. lies to customers. deceitful.
cigna does not care about their customers nor theis employees and their only concern is money.
Cons
Great place to work and advance
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work, worked for over 5 years. great culture, many ways to advance, managers are always willing to help you succeed.
work from home and good benefit very nice managemnet
Informatics Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
cigna give us work from home option also give us good benefit .work from anywhere .nice management understand employee requirement .
Productive and great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 1, 2016
Great place to work I love this company, its one of the best places I've worked so far. just kinda disapponted that the [roduction floor where I worked closed.
Pros
The random free lunches
Cons
They are very strict on making high numbers.
Productive Work Hard
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy the team of people I work with. Upper management doesn't stay long. Its a revolving door. I have learned a lot and have been there for a long time. Love the co-workers
Pros
Like co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks, Stingy with raises if there is any. Promotion within is rarely since new upper management
Extremely busy, co-workers are fantastic
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 25, 2016
A work day is very busy and daily duties must be constantly juggled in order to meet deadlines. All of my co-workers were fantastic and most everyone has the same sense of urgency needed to accomplish important tasks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficulty resolving issues
Abusive/Horrible company!!
Claims Analyst /Eligibility Rep- Work at Home (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2016
Pretty sad to work for a company that has a $6000 deductible and you never are able to hit it, Also the do not follow ADA Federal Regulations!!! Worst company I have ever worked for... I spent more time being ill mentally because they never considered my rare illness an illness!! Abuse and harassment!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
They are a actual insurance company and the average medical deductible is $6000!!
Diversity is not a strong quality with this organization
Project Manager/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2016
If you are seeking a diverse company that believes in equal opportunity please seek elsewhere. I would pursue another company if you are looking for diversity and equal opportunity. If this is not an issue this is the company for you! Benefits are okay, if you don't mind paying large sums out of your pocket. Excellent tuition reimbursement program.
Cons
Longevity-can be an option if you know the right people
Productive workplace focused in balancing life and work
Application Development Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
This company offers a good development path by tracking goals and making sure the employee achieves it to fulfill professional goals.
Great people to work with, higher ups not so much
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 22, 2016
While I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Cigna, there are a few things that I could have done without. I felt as though on the Production Floor, there was no real way to move forward and stay in that division. Not to mention, there is a real lack of follow through. When I started, I was supposed to be trained so that I could function in different roles but that training never happened. Again, the people were great, the managers not bad and the lack of follow through awful.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2016
a typical day was answering phone calls providing information and solving solutions and making sure the customer was always satisfied, and learning different things daily.
Pros
Casual Day on Fridays
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace and busy
Pharmacy reviewer was the last position heald (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016
The last position worked was reviewing prior authorization request for non formulary medication that were not typically covered or had restrictions on the medications. Review the request from the doctors office via fax. Approve is able, if not able to approve, send to pharmachist for clinical review.

Medicare Adovacate: If a Medicare member had a complaint that was called into Cigna or Medicare we would contact the member to help research and resole the issue.

The management was for the most part fair. Most of my co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.

Maintaining the quota that was needed to be met.

Learning different things. Had so many changes through the years. I embrace changes.
Pros
Solid, big business company
Cons
To many matrix. Not everyone can reach those goals
Case Manager Diabetes
Case manager/Certified Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2016
Very Poor Management. Job description, impossible to
meet expectations Cigna HealthSpring was not explained well enough to members.
Pros
Good patient contact
Cons
Cigna did not follow through with hire expectations
Great work/life balance; slow for professional growth
Business Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
Overall Cigna is a great place to work. There's great benefits, nice co-workers, and good work/life balance. The company is going through constant change, as with the nature of any insurance company, and is highly matrixed. There's an increased focus on personal development of the employees, which is great for anyone in any part of their career, but there's not as much growth opportunity in certain areas.
Pros
Great benefits, work/life balance, casual environment, professional development opportunities
Cons
Salary is usually below market, movement upward is difficult, the change is constant and can be confusing sometimes
Company in constant change
Group Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
The Cigna Phoenix office location utilizes a large volume of temporary or contract associates so once someone has been trained they leave the company for a permanent position. I think this is the only insurance company around that isn't paperless. Every task is monitored and you must meet daily and weekly metrics. Cigna recently moved processes to their global counterparts in India so that added another layer of confusion and job loss for some. I would say with the Anthem deal still being worked out that Cigna will be in for another major change. Not sure what standards the recruiters are using to attract the most talented claims managers; that appears to be a mystery. I would say any job promotions are available to those that have a supportive supervisor that is willing to let them move to the next level and timing.
Pros
Covered parking, safe building and location is convenient
Cons
Limited opportunities, workload
• Reviewed the business and data requirements of the various source and destination systems involved in enterprise etl
Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 13, 2016
Cigna is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Over the many years, we have continued to innovate and expand around the globe. We have sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and more than 86 million customer relationships throughout the globe. Our 37,000 employees serve customers in many places around the globe and support our wide-range of international health insurance plans to help meet the needs of individuals, families and businesses
The company Qualcare is overly micro managed.
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 12, 2016
As a Customer Service Advocate you are only given a ten minute break in the afternoon and on Friday's you are given 2 ten minute breaks. Typically in this position you take approximately 70 calls a day, it is almost impossible to receive assistance while on the phones. As a Qualcare/Cigna employee your experience is not recognized and no matter your education or experinece they tend to stick most people in Customer Service, which is almost impossible to get hired out of that department.

I have learned that 20+ years of experience means nothing. Additionally that there is hope once Cigna full implements their culture.

In terms of the co-workers you don't know them bexause you are working with minimal time to meet with each other. Which in turn makes the days long and misrable which along will all the calls and no assistance from management othe hardest part of the job. I have not found any part of this job enoyable besides being about to pay a bill or 2 with the minimal paycheck.
Pros
I get a paycheck
Cons
high call volume, lack of support or compassion