Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 2,021 reviews matching the search
QA and Testing Manager (Former Employee) –  work from homeApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed my job, but they have gone to contractors instead of employees. Was let go because there wasn't enough work, after 20 years. The testing area is not done by people in the US anymore, outsourced to India.
Family-oriented working environment
RN, Embedded Care Coordinator(ECC)/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2017
I enjoy working for this company because they are family and health oriented. Office to go to but not stuck there for 8 hours a day. Work done from provider offices and some days from home from work issued laptop/phone. They motivate you to be your best at what you do and to learn more.
Corporate Job that lacks flair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 22, 2017
Spent a year or so as an administrative assistant. Work was not evenly distributed. Those of us who worked hard got more work and those who slacked on the job got less work and there was never anything done about it. People were promoted that were not qualified.
Pros
watched tv on the job
Cons
management
Great people to work with
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 22, 2017
A typical day is making sure the work gets done in a timely manner. The hardest thing was printing out the work. I enjoyed the data entry, as I would be able to listen to music as I worked.
Pros
good healthcare, excellent cafe
Cons
management had short comings
Terrible place to work. No respect for Nurse Practitioners
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  PAApril 22, 2017
Very dysfunctional place. Medical assistant runs the clinic with management blessing.. Very chaotic environment and extremely poor communication. Run away from Cigna Onsite Health.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely dysfunctional and abusive environment.. Inept leadership.
Great place to work. I enjoyed it for 17 years until I was laid off & my job was outsourced
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 21, 2017
My job was in a relaxed environment. There was very little micro-management. There was a fantastic cafeteria that was not expensive and varied as well as healthy. There are breaks so I could work out a little bit on a treadmill among other apparatus. The building is beautiful and there is plenty of parking and by a state park which was perfect for our company picnic and fall festival. Although I had a large load of work to accomplish, I was able to balance all of them to keep from getting overwhelmed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the e-mails. Also I managed the return mail, which sometimes would come in such a large amount, that finding the time to break it down, sort and then deliver to the right team was difficult.
Pros
Beautiful building out next to a state park and lots of nature
Cons
Too many e-mails about surveys and mandatory courses that take up the time we needed to do our jobs!
Cigna cares about profit only
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 20, 2017
Bottom Line was the most important to the company. They didn't care about their insured clients or employees. Asked to do semi-unethical practices. Would never recommend anyone work there
Great Work Enviornment
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 20, 2017
I had a great manager and got along well with the team. There was no micromanagement, open communication and the work got done properly on the first try,
Productive & Fun environment
Provider Data Senior Associate/Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2017
The work environment is real nice. The management team is great. they work with you when it comes to schedules and family matters. I have been with this company for 6 years and I love it. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Typical office environment
Senior Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
When I worked here, I processed life insurance claims for large policy holders. It was fast paced and somewhat depressing to have to process claims for those who have died. I answered phone calls, requested information to process claims.
Good company
Automation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 18, 2017
I love this company, very good environment, they take care employee. People also very friendly. My team member was helpful.
company growth also healthy.
Very stressful and micromanage culture
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2017
I loved all the positions that I handled during the time I did work there but the Company Micromanagement culture is what I really didn't agree with. Cigna doesn't care about the quality of the work, only about productivity and doesn't care how the employees get there
Good start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2017
This was a great start for my career. I learned a lot from Cigna including data management, scheduling, and communication skills. I would recommend this job to an entry level beginner.
Pros
great place to work, nice people, alot of charity being done here, and great employee activities and groups, great cafe, good insight and creativity
Cons
micro management, office politics, no growth without nowing some one, and poor floor management, rarely hires within the company
great place
fee schedule builder (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 17, 2017
Cigna is a great place to work with above average benefits and a great environment
if you want to learn more about provider contracting health benefits cigna is perfect
benefits
Cons
management
HEDIS Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2017
A very peaceful environment and a great place to work. My supervisor is very understanding and available to answer questions. Clean environment with a nice office area. The staff is willing to help as well.
Pros
Great environment
Customer Care Center/Precertification
Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXApril 14, 2017
Last day 2/2001. I'm positive that the work environment has changed since then. I worked in a call center and did intake. Created new cases for precertification and routed to the RN for approval. Tied to the phone and spoke to many people around the US.
If you are ok with verbal abuse...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 14, 2017
this job is not for people that don't handle stress well. management is very biased and there are favorites with every team. I would never work here again and I would rather pay for benefits then the joke of a medical plan they provide. The one positive I would have to say is the 401k. though this is hardly enough to make up for the unfair treatment of employees, horrible way customers are allowed to speak to you. It is definitely a yes or no job there is no middle ground.
Worse job EVER!!!
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 13, 2017
The worse experience EVER! I've worked for some of the BEST companies EVER and this has been by far the worse experience EVER! Micromanaged by inexperienced coaches that were on a fast track into management, ineffective training, reduced training coming out the shoot! High stressed and unconcerning upper management . I had to resigned because this position was inconducsuve to my health.
Pros
Cons
My worse experience ever!!!
Unfriendly environment
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 13, 2017
Have worked for Cigna now for well over 10 years. In my particular department the majority of people are chronic complainers, lazy and downright dumb. The managers who manage these people do no real, actual work whatsoever other than assigning work to other people and then year end reviews. I have no idea how a manager in this place would fill up 8 hours a day and many colleagues have wondered the same thing.

I think Cigna is such a large segmented company that has specialized positions for every little thing, so people tend to work with their blinders on. A company that once allowed folks to work from home has changed recently and they are now pushing people back into the office.

Benefits are average, pay is low, morale is low. We used to have a pension and bonuses......Cigna stopped the pension benefits years ago and moved many people down a level so they are not eligibile for bonuses, so I know a lot of people fudge their OT hours to make up for the difference. Many of the managers who do no real, actual work like to throw their weight around for no reason at all to sort of mark their territory, which creates undue work for everyone below them.

I could not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job, at least not in my area.
Pros
so-so benefits
Cons
Terrible mid-level managers, low pay, company seems focused on stock price and nothing else
HealthSpring / Cigna was a wonderful opportunity
Executive Assistant to the Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2017
I was hired directly by the Vice President of Operations who was the senior employee at a new office opening up in Chattanooga, TN. Initially there were some empty cubicles; not all of them put together, phone lines not run, computers not yet installed, filing cabinets not present. Security system non-existent.The VP relied on me to get the office up and running and allowed my input on candidates hired for the various positions including sales manager, receptionist, and public relations supervisor. Within 2 years we grew from an office of a dozen to 28 employees. We were profitable and expanded quickly. I assisted the VP with spreadsheets, payroll, and expansion plans.
Pros
Salaried position, nice financial incentives
Cons
Commuting to Corporate HQ

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval