Cigna Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,584 reviews matching the search
A customer centered work environment with reasonable pay
Supervisor for Medicaid Coverage Determinations (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
Cigna- Healthspring is a leader in the medicare advantage plan market. They have evolved into a customer first company with heavy interactions with providers. Great culture. Constantly changing.
Pros
Passionate about serving customers, competetive pay
Cons
Healthspring still adjusting to Cigna culture.
Great pkace to work
Data Entry Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 19, 2016
The people are nice there including the managers. Management acknowledges your work performance and if you pull over time for them they let you know that they appreciate that. Cigna is a positive work environment.
Love to work with Cigna as it has really good work enviroment
Group Claim Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2016
It's really good company to work with. It's one of the compny you like to wokeup in the morning and you are ready to go. Learing new thing everyday. Management , co works are really good. Everyone is helpfull and always ready to help with as many questions.
Fun place to work
Enterprise Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 18, 2016
Cigna is a good company to work for. I enjoyed being part of their Agile Transformation. Team oriented environment. Wonderful Managers.
Pleasant Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Great Benefits learned in an optimum environment
Good Hours amazing benefits
Would love to work for them at home in NM.
Good CO-Workers and a Continual environment of praise for a job well done
Pros
Good Co Workers
Cons
Did receive much job training
Office environment that was close to home.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 14, 2016
Working at Cigna allowed me to advance to a Leadership position, while building computer and Insurance knowledge.
Training new employees was a very fulfilling experience.
Management was excellent and fair.
Coworkers were knowledgeable and willing to share to accomplish team goals.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Facility closed down and moved out of state.
Overall Good
MS SQL Server database administrator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 13, 2016
Good relation with co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is issue of reward for the hard work. Leadership and management Skills. A Good working Environment.
Great company
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
A typical workday is very full, as there are always many assignments. I learned a lot in this role which helped me to transition to next stages in my career. I worked for Cigna for many years, and it was a great experience.
Hours were strange
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 11, 2016
Hours from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. were very hard to get used to. The main offices were on the East Coast so we worked their hours just in California.
Pros
Not a lot of others around. Could always get work done. No interuptions
Cons
Were none
Worked there short time to have review summary
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 10, 2016
I did not enjoy working at Cigna.

You came in and worked 8 hours sitting at desk.

No team work

Hardest part was to stay working at Cigna
Committed employees
Allied health (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Management plays favorites, unable to advance due to management. Good benefits. Coworkers nice. Busy place. manager did not listen to employees ideas.
Pros
Coworkers and patients
Cons
Favoritism to other coworkers. managers don't listen
Sr. Underwriter with CGHB
Sr. Underwriter - New & Existing Business (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 9, 2016
It is very difficult to advance from a high Band 3 position to Band 4 within this department. As with any job there is the good and bad. There is a lot of good, which is why I have remained in this position for almost 10 year. However the healthcare industry is constantly changing and CGHB does not have the systems in place to help its employees meet market demands in a timely fashion. As much as I make suggestions for improvement the money and support from other departments is lacking preventing the needed enhancements that would provide efficiency and better quality proposals. The people are great to work with however the corporation is so big they focus on the customer experience, the member, not so much their employer who purchases the coverage. If management prefers your personality and ability to deal with the stressful environment you will succeed and move up the career ladder. If you are seen as someone who is challenging and demanding then advancement is not provided.
Pros
Free Access to on site Gym, Flex Time, ability to work overtime hours at home and one day at home on a regular basis.
Cons
With flexibility comes expectations to work overtime to get all the work done by the deadline.
Excellent place to work!
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2016
I love working at Cigna, everyone is friend. The best part about Cigna is how organized they are! Everything is on time and with great quality. I love working with people who enjoy what they do and take pride in it.
Healthspring could be very hard to work for at times
Certified Medical coder/Remote position (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37228April 6, 2016
I started out enjoying working for Healthspring. The manager that hired me was very easy going and very intelligent in the coding field. However, There was a "click" at Healthspring that made life hard on the people that were not included in that click. I went through 3 managers during my 2 years while employed there and I wasn't treated fairly. I left because I knew I would never grow within Healthspring. I was no longer happy there. Even working from home I wasn't happy so I started looking for another job.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No support from Management
Average
Behavioral Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 5, 2016
The company supervisors did not do much to support staff members. Otherwise, pay was okay and vacation was fine as well.
Workplace
Pharmacy Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILApril 4, 2016
I would not refer people to work for Cigna. It is very stressful and they don't care about there staff at all. The communications between workers and managers is absent.
Productive and great work life balance
Hedis Review Nurse Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 3, 2016
Management is great. Coworkers were wonderful. Work day was very predictable. Everyone remained accountable to work load. Work life balance is number one.
Pros
salary and knowledge gained
Cons
distance from home
Great Company
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2016
Great company! Great benefits, room for advancement. The team I was on was always helpful if anyone had questions. Good to know there are other locations.
Great place to work!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
Coworkers were so easy to get along with and management really took communicating with their employees to the next level.
Pros
Health clinics on site
Good Company to work for.
Manager Release Management (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 30, 2016
Good people, considerate of each others feelings - they look to get involved in community and positive causes both in and outside of work.
Pros
good people
Cons
work/life depends on area/job responsibilities and Mgmt. you work for, some support it and others have not embraced it.