Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 2,203 reviews matching the search
Not family oriented workplace
Dental Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 15, 2017
Depending on the department you could work weekends and stay as late as Midnight. Not very understanding of family or personal health issues. Receive points for absences no matter what the cause.
A stressful place to work.
Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 14, 2017
My manager did not provide the necessary coaching to help me succeed in my role. Cigna underpays the staff and does not care about the employees well being.
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJuly 12, 2017
Great co-workers and trainers. Sadly job security is not at all % guaranteed. Great opportunities to grow, however will take you quite sometime to get there.
Too many meetings
RN Case Manager/Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 12, 2017
In this position, I was part of a group that provided coaching patients to meet their metrics for patient health growth.

This company spent TOO much time on meetings that did not apply to our office in Plano, Texas. Too many supervisors were very, very controlling. As nurses, we were told upon orientation that we were NOT ALLOWED TO PROVIDE CPR should a fellow coworker and/or outsider was to need CPR.

This company also used the group we were in that were told they had compact status to talk with patients. Unfortunately, after being told that our group was talking with patients out of compact state, most of the nurses resided.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Nefarious methods being done by manager.
great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 10, 2017
I have a wonderful boss. Great company. Great pay. Great place for advancement. Tuition reimbursement. Always learning new things . Great feedback from boss
Pros
great boss
Cons
short breaks
n/a
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work is busy.
I learned about FMLA and ADA
Management is terrible no one communicates nobody is on the same page about anything everybody has a different answer for everything.
The workplace is stressful.
The hardest part of the job is never knowing new processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home everyday.
Very stable employment
Customer Service Representative/ Duties (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJuly 9, 2017
While I lived in Bourbonnais, before Cigna moved their Headquarters to another state, I had a wonderful experience working for Cigna. I worked as a Customer Service Rep. and helped our clients with any incoming questions and concerns.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
third shift
Health benefits as well as growth in employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15205July 9, 2017
Regarding Cigna I loved my co-workers as well as the work atmosphere. One down fall would be the strict scheduling with no flexibility whether it would have been any form of emergency and a number of miscellaneous circumstances that could happen to anyone.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Scheduling as well as flexibilty
management
Senior System Analyst Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2017
management team contently changes the work lace is very confusing because the management team changes it seems every couple of months. The work environment is very back stabbing.
Infrastructure Engineer/Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2017
Cigna is a great company to work for. The organization works hard to help employees plan their career path through development training and mentorship coaching.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Job work/Life balance
Seems like a good company
Phlebotomy Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Was only there 3 weeks for an internship. Seemed like a good company and other employees talked highly of it. I only have limited time and experience there so I cant say too much about it.
Pros
holiday parties, competitive pay, advancement opportunities
Not a place to work
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 7, 2017
Not a place to work. They do not care about you but only about their job getting done. They lie about at work jobs, but that is only if they like you.
Contractor
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 6, 2017
I was used as a contractor and so sometimes got the grubbby work. However, I was still able to documents in their format and describe more clearly what was required. When I left my manager took me to HER manager and said this contractor is the first one to get anything done,
Pros
Nice cafe with view of surrounding golf coursr
Cons
They seem a little behind in using current practices
Overall decent place to work
Long Term Disability Recertification Claim Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2017
Overall Decent place to work, lack of upward movement, lots of change, and subpar management. Lower on the payscale for the industry averages, grateful for the opportunity though
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Duties of job
Terrible Place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 5, 2017
they do not care about their employees, the managers are hardly managers, i would never work here again. you go through all these weeks of training but once you hit the floor, you deal with stuff you havnt even been trained on.
Field MA
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2017
Plan your own day, you have to have excellent time management skills. Your supervisor is a time zone away. Have to have great communication and problem solving skills (you are on your own on the road). You have to problem solve immediate issues. the most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom.
Great co-workers, but work life balance is emphasized, but not adhered to.
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 5, 2017
Double standards of expectations of definition of taking care of the customer. Many managers were excellent. However, some were awful. Emphasis on Client Mental Health Care, but not on employee Mental Health Care. Most enjoyable part of job was receiving positive feedback - job well done from Customers.
Pros
Buidling solid relationships with co-workers and customers.
Cons
Work balance emphasized over life balance, but not adhered to.
The Place to work
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. I hate they had to do a major lay off. I would go back today; if given the opportunity. My typical work day began at 8 and ended at 5. I was given the opportunity to flex my time at work
Pros
Pay, Work from home
Cons
Leaving the company because of layoff.
Great Learning Opportunities
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2017
Great learning opportunities. Good culture with other employees. Management was not the most communicative. Not the best place to work if you are a contract employee. Your employment may be strung out for years if you hope to be made an FTE.
Relatively good place to work.
MEDICAL INSURANCE UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2017
This is a fairly decent place to work. Casual work atmosphere where independent and team players alike can flourish. Onsite perks are minimal, but the laid back atmosphere makes up for the lack of benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval