Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 1,649 reviews matching the search
Greed has replaced the best interest of the insured
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2016
Though the pay is phenomenal, job satisfaction is below par. In the time I was there people were constantly leaving. The pressure to perform was high however there was no sense of accomplishment as goals were unattainable for everyone. It was frequently said from trainers and management, "You will never master your role". Guidelines and policy changed on a weekly basis. The company in its break neck speed to outpace its competitors were constantly coming up with new rules so there was continuous stress.
The ultimate goal of Cigna is to make money. It is not about caring for people.
I am a registered nurse and my whole career centered around the needs of my patients and Cigna states their philosophy is, "The patient comes first" but that is absolutely not true. "Customer Centric" is the buzz word but it is all smoke and mirrors.
Cigna works for the companies that purchase their products not the people who are insured.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor morale
Top companies to work for year after year
PEGA SYSTEM ARCHITECT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2016
Culture is the most important thing at Indeed. Great environment to work. Food and drinks are provided on a daily basis. All types of extra curricular events and benefits that make Indeed the number
Productive Workplace
Short-Term Disability Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Definitely enough work to keep you busy as a Claims Manager but with the telephone ringing non-stop as if you are in a call-center makes almost impossible to complete one tasks. Also, answering calls for Claims Managers customers and not having knowledge of their contracts and terms of disability makes it hard to provide good customer service.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro-managing (depending on your manager), Phones
Love this company
Full-time positon (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 22, 2016
This company is an excellent place to work. My management team is really nice and understanding. This is the first job that I have had that I actually enjoy getting out of bed and coming to work for.
Productive workplace focused in balancing life and work
Application Development Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
This company offers a good development path by tracking goals and making sure the employee achieves it to fulfill professional goals.
Fast-paced call-center with strong team values
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 14, 2016
Call-center focused company which provides job opportunities for a mass variety of educational backgrounds and potential for job growth within the company.
Cigna
Recruiting Lead/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 23, 2016
Great culture, good work life balance, challenging assignments, care about their employees, employees truly believe in the mission, great development programs for early career hires.
3 month HEDIS NURSE contract position
HEDIS Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 25, 2016
I worked in Lake Mary. It was a laid back atmosphere. The job was very easy. We did not work on Fridays. I did not have any issues or problems when I was there for the 3 months.
Pros
4 day work week, easy job, no stress
Cons
contract position
Great benefits, overall good company to work for.
Client Operation Business Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 1, 2016
Great benefits, overall good company to work for. Would recommend company to others. Opportunity for advancement and provided continuous opportunity for learning.
Overall
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2016
Great company to work for overall management in some areas could use improvement. If given the opportunity to work with again would definitely take it.
Pros
Great Atmosphere for learning
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 22, 2016
 Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2016
Very large organization that is very big on training. They give you various options concerning training (completing your degree, certifications, etc...). Plenty options for advancement. Fitness center.
Pros
Room to grow and devlop.
Competitive but disorganized
Customer Service Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 15, 2016
The one advantage working for Cigna is they do offer a competitive wage for the type of work you perform. However they have much to learn about the difference in their diversity and inclusion areas. They talk a good game but do not have the commitment or willingness for marketing to the groups that could be helpful in making the bottom line rise up AND produce a corporate atmosphere that makes no qualms about how they feel about inclusion.
It's not for a lack of trying but when you only fund 3 people to do a workload that would take a small army, well, you have to wonder if they are really serious about diversity and inclusion.
Cigna HealthSpring
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TennesseeMarch 29, 2016
This is a great company with a great culture. I enjoyed my tenure at Cigna HealthSpring. However, change in Executive Leadership radiates throughout the teams. Some change is good and some not so much. My enjoyment of my job left when my Executive Leadership changed.
Pros
Work From Home opportunities
Productive Fun Work Enviorment
Extern Site (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2016
Cigna was AMAZING! I've Learned different Technics to draw on patients of all ages. I couldnt have asked for a better Externsite. Everyone was amazing the vibes were Tremendous!
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2016
Everyday it's something new. We stay extremely busy. Too busy some days. I've been given the opportunity to be in a supervisor role. Very appreciative of it.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not paid enough for what I do.
Fun
Member Services/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 25, 2016
Lots to learn but with the help of a great team you are able to do it. sales was hard and the quote you have to meet is crazy. many of people have been let go because of it. the management was is the worst.
Pros
fun
Cons
sales are unreachable
Good Place to Work
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 8, 2016
My time at Cigna was great but management was not good. Overall good place to advance. Alot of cliques.No opportunity for overtime and always selected by management.
Great Pay; Great Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2016
A reputable company that allows job advancement and extensive training in preparation for the healthcare industry. Made sure their employees were familiar with HIPAA regulation and underwriting guidelines
Team Work Productivey
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 1, 2016
It was a joy working for Cigna! The leadership was very professional but fun and the training was just as pleasant. We were a TEAM!
Pros
Excellent Enviroment
Cons
Short Lunch