Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Senior Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: professional environment
Cons: temp
Productive and Professional workplace. People are professional and courteous. Overall fun and enjoyable environment with supportive coworkers.
False advertising
Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee), ColoradoFebruary 15, 2015
I got back into the workforce after being laid off from my previous job. Cigna says they balance job and personal life balance but after working for this company the balance is more work life and not a so much for personal life balance. The training was incomplete. I basically had to train myself once I was put onto the floor. Any ideas for improvement were dismissed. And any opportunities for advancement (something Cigna prides itself on) are not available. The most enjoyable part about this job is was the food court as it is healthy which Cigna promotes healthy living.
A place of business
Senior Care Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: the benefits
Your schedule depends on you department.
Be open to change.
You learn as you go. It best to have some medical background.
It's good to be a fast learning with some computer experience.
Co-workers are people too. I worked with some good co-workers.
See for yourself.
Productive and uplifting
Account Client Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTFebruary 12, 2015
This was a learning experience and fun job for me working as a team. I also help customers by sending statements to them for their everyday needs.
Although it was contract, I enjoyed it
Medical case management- prior authorization (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: multitasking, staff, organization
Cons: short-term contract
I enjoyed my time working at Cigna, although it was only a contract for a couple of months, I would have liked to have extended that contract or be placed into another position slot via a recruiter.
Diverse and Ethically Strong Company
. (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: the people.
Cons: recruiters not getting back to applicants
Having worked for Cigna for over 12 years, I've met a lot of great people. The managers can be super flexible when you have personal things going on in your life. As long as you get your job done, are honest, ethical and have integrity, you will fit right in with this great company.
Health Insurance
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, IllinoisFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: no ability to build relationships with co-workers or same customers
As Claims Processor I worked many overtime hours as required, met quality and production standards.

As Customer Service Representative I assisted customers with claim and benefit questions, resolving problems at a fast pace for production minimums.
data entry
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: learning more
Cons: no people interaction
Entered data into system all day. I learned more about different computer software and how to get around in them. Co workers were friendly when I seen them. We all had our own cubicles.
Productive environment, room to grow
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: cafeteria and gym in the work place, great benefits
Cons: short breaks, only 1 day off a week
Learned experience as a call center representative. Management was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. I enjoyed our morning meetings the most.
Great place to work.
Operations Leader (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Personnel and environment is very fun and exciting to work with. Nothing but positive things to say about working for this company. Only left because a better opportunity came up.
No Advancement, its all about who you know
customer service (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 4, 2015
take about 100 calls a day, in order to move up you have a be a brown noser. Everyone is out for themselves. Callers cuss you out becasue of issues that are beyond your control. Doesnt give enough tools to complete the job. Always, have to go thru 3 or 4 people to have an issue resolved.
Unobtainable workload
STD Claim Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: poor work ethic
What they don't tell you on the interview. 1- if taking PTO's and you don't remain current on your tasks, your PTO request become voided or if you leave for PTO, you will not be paid and receive formal discipline. 2- despite your entry skill level, you could be moved to a complex team with no support. 3- You will be doing what is know as "call center" tasks, you will be rated and disciplined on your ability to answer every call, the phone system is on a "round Robin" feature, this makes doing your job impossible. 4- Management is not supportive rather, tyrants. There was an issue of "not noticing" associates working off the clock, this was resolved in 12/2014. The pay is not relevant to all tasks this job requires. The stress is mentally stressing and the moral is depressing.
Great Foundation
Medical Records Coder (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Just a typical work place. It's a great starter company to gain experince. Great work hours, very understanding with personal issues that arise.
Administrator of Workflow Management Tool
Plan Automation Senior Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: challenging
Fast-paced, detail oriented environment with changes coming at you every day. Accuracy is a must! The best thing is that you are so busy the entire day that you don't realize the day is over, when it is over.
Cigna was a great company to work for, was disappointed when they closed their Georgia offices.
Benafit Analysis (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Work assignment was distributed by manager, key claims from HFCA1500 and UB92 claim forms, Research and analyze member benefits and apply according to company policy and procedures. Request refunds and adjustment when needed.

How to be self motivated, work under pressure, and make sound judgment with limited or no supervision.

Worked well with management, limited supervision worked from home, not a lot of interaction.

Co-workers always willing to work together as a team to complete tasks.

Going into the office to pick up more work.

Working from home and set your own schedule.
I love the position and co-worker. My boss was fair.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed going out to meet with the clients and educatiing the clients
Cons: during holidays it could be a long time getting out of the area.
Cigna, was a great place to work. The location was in the Galleria which was a little expensive. Cigna paid for parking which was great.

Cigna, had great medical insurance and benefits.
Productive and Friendly environment
Senior Customer Service Advocate/Work at Home (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Good company, quick advancement. Friendly, team oriented environment. Big happy family. Motivated staff great employee appreciation. Definitely a new experience for me as far as how employees are valued .
Great working Enviornment
Employer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: company layoffs
Responsibilities include: Installing new business, and maintaining an assigned book of business serving as the client’s primary point of contact for Benefits and Eligibility. Responsible for processing rate renewal, and plan changes, and conducting Engineering meetings for new groups to educate them on the Membership, Recordkeeping, and Accounting’s policies and procedures. Works with internal partners to address and resolve any issues pertaining to eligibility, claims, structure, rates, etc. Also works with internal partners to encourage and promote Automation as a means of maintaining eligibility to all manual groups. Responsible for providing eligibility reports to clients, and processing annual renewal of sales. Position requires significant amount of independent judgment and decision making.
• Received numerous employee excel awards along with performance recognition for outstanding client service.
Great benefits and flexibility
Field Support Technician/Network Administrator (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons: uncertainty
CIGNA, depending on which region of the country you were located, had much instability and offices were shrinking to the point of non-existence. The benefits were excellent as well as the department management.
Great place to work in the IT/QA arena
QA and Testing Sr. Specialist - WebIT (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CT (work-at-home in NC)January 28, 2015
Pros: many training session and peer reviews.
Cons: at times too many hours.
CIGNA has excellent IT & QA divisions complete with training and cross-training. Multiple meeting with various groups prior to writing specs, developing test scripts, and script execution.

About Cigna

Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense – Read more

Cigna Salaries