Cincinnati Bell Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow
Network Operations Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
This is a company that presents you with the opportunity to grow and advance further down the line. The work is slow paced, and at the most part, you could work at your own pace. Yet, the earlier the completion, the better it is for you in the long run.
Pros
Friendly environment, serious about productivity, and includes a progressive system.
Cons
Older age group, every mistake counts
Great Company
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Cincinnati Bell is a great place to work, when they are not going through company reorganizations . They tend to let go and eliminate a lot of positions when making these changes, so job stability is always somewhat of a concern.
Pros
Well compenasted.
Cons
work/life balance is not the best, stressful.
Great place to earn a lot of money.
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work would be trying to meet sales quotas on various products offered by the company. I learned how to deal with people who are upset, conflict resolution, and sales techniques. The management was very supportive of their inner circle, but not so much for people who were outside of it. That made the workplace culture very cliquish. The management was not diverse in numbers or thought. The hardest part of the job was working a lot of nights and weekends. The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to make a lot of money.
Pros
Income opportunity
Cons
there was a lack of diversity in management and a lack of advancement opportunity
Productive, Fast Paced, Stressful Environment
Project Manager-Business Market Operations (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
A very fast paced, multi-tasking environment with a heavy workload. Prioritizing is very important in this type of position, being organized and attention to details. Our work culture includes, adaptability, collaboration, courage, empathy, integrity & trust. Keeping up with the demands with a heavy workload. Learning new skills, being challenges, problem solving, creative thinking and team-work.
Pros
Free Parking Downtown, Walking Treadmills, Ping Pong Tables, Coffee Bar
Cons
Workload was to heavy to take breaks or advantage treadmills, ping pong tables
Great Benefits
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
After working here for 10 years I can recommend this company to any family or friends looking for employment in the Cincinnati Area. It is a wonderful environment.
Great company to work for
Partner Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2017
Cincinnati Bell is a great company to work for. There are a lot of benefits at the company and they are heavily involved with working in the community and giving back.
It was Pleasure
Process Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2017
Cincinnati Bell helped me gain the experience I needed to remain relative in the competitive I.T. field. I was given many opportunities to venture off on my own in roles with support from colleagues and leadership. Overall my time there was excellent and I would recommend them as an employer to anyone.
C-Level has no vision/leadership.
Principal Network & Security (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
Great Pay, company changes leadership ever other week. The team I worked on was fantastic but we lived in constant fear of upper management changing things every day.
I was employed by Cincinnati Bell for 30 years.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2017
I would love to go back to Cincinnati Bell.

I retired from there and now they are hiring retirees back as regular employees.

I retired at the wrong time and invested my money in stock market and now do not have any retirement.

I held many jobs but the I loved the most was team leader in business call center
good company
Installation Technician Fiber and Copper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2017
I worked there several years and left on good terms, They have great benefits and 401k and pto. Outside work no matter what the weather, great in the summer, rough in the winter.
productive
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 5, 2017
Typical day consists of installing a combination of internet, video, and phone services. traveling to 1 to 3 houses per day doing repair/installs. Working in all of the elements of mother nature. Have to maintain full stock of work van and remain professional and polite with all customers. Maintain safety standards working with power tools and climbing poles. Following standards of work and working in a timely manner.
Pros
Good Pay, challenging
Cons
Working in the elements of mother nature. Being in customers homes all day.
Forward thinking company with huge potential
Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2017
I have worked here 10 years and this company really has taken care of me - as I have them. if you work hard and show your respect of others, you will succeed through all the downsizing which comes once a year. Do the right thing and make the right decisions - you will be rewarded and noticed. You have to play the team game with some folks who are just here for a paycheck and because they could not go elsewhere, but jump in and get on board. The higher ups are young and excited about where the company is going. The Union mentality is a barrier, but mind your business and you will get through it. I like my job and like this company - it has been a true pleasure to work and learn here.
Pros
Work from home occasionally
Cons
Brand image still seen as a Ma Bell
Who you know.
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
All who you know if you want to move up with in. New employees are treated better than seasoned ones, you have to get EVERYTHING when you are hired in because you get very little once they have you.
Pros
Flex Time
Toxic Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2017
The pay and benefits are good, but the culture is not good. People are constantly talking behind each others backs, it is literally a trust no one type of place. Anyone will throw you under the bus for their own advancement and management encourages this type of behavior.
Overall a good place to work.
Manager /Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMay 30, 2017
Solid company to work for. I enjoyed going to work. Spent 39 years working in customer service. Started as a service representative before advancing to the field as a residential installer repairman. Promoted to a business technician where I got to learn all phases of communications from dialtone to working on large and small phone systems.
productive fun work place
splicer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnnati OhioMay 11, 2017
excellent, have been working there for 30 years. Look forward to going to work everday. Love to work overtime and days off.Have met some of the most interesting people in the world.
Pros
take van home at night
Cincinnati Bell
Enterprise Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2017
I've gained a wealth of experience as a project manager at Cincinnati Bell. They are a great company to work with with good benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job was as an enterprise project manager I was able to learn so much about so many aspects of every part of the business.
Good Benefits, and Work/Life Balance lacking in Job Security
IT SharePoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work was sometimes challenging, it was not the type of work, it was the quantity. With cuts made every year, the expectation was for those remaining to pick up the load.

When it came to your family life, Cinbell was good at understanding your needs. Benefits were also good.

The biggest issue was Job Security and the concern that you may be let go one month before Christmas every year. This was truly a pattern.

If you are a woman this is a boys club and a challenge to get your voice heard, regardless I did learn a lot and this helped me to grow professionally.

I was extremely hurt when laid off with the rest of our IT team, it was like losing your family.
Pros
Work Balance, Benefits
Cons
Job Security and Culture.
Great place to work.
IT Consultant, Cincinnati Bell Wireless (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2017
At Cincinnati Bell I managed the wireless systems and helped define the product and services. The position was exciting and challenging as we went through many major system implementations and technology transformations.
Modern Office with Perks
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2017
The people at Cincinnati Bell are wonderful. They make it worth working there. The office is very modern with video games, ping pong tables, etc. Depending on who your supervisor is will make a lot of difference in whether you will enjoy your job or not. There are constant changes, so be prepared for that. It is part of the industry.
Pros
Healthcare, training, contests
Cons
Cons are subjective