Cincinnati Bell

Cincinnati Bell Employee Reviews

Last place you would ever want to work!
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: great work mates, pay was decent
Cons: management!
No matter how hard you work or how much you sell, it is never enough. Got kids running the ship that know absolutely nothing about the business. As one other person said, alcohol and hanky panky (keeping it clean) was common. After it was all said and done, me and 160 plus of my closest friends, we're better off getting outsourced and apologize to all those customers who had to deal with the inexperience.
Productive and fun place to work.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I usually go to work and join a meeting with my developers. Analyze the business requirements and write Manuel test cases, at the end execute those test cases and report the result to my client.
A great hometown company with big dreams
Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: hometown feel, small company, management close
Cons: outsourced customer care, product improvements needed
Cincinnati Bell has a long history of being one of the best companies to work for in Cincinnati. They are a local telecom company that has proven to have a lasting impact in the Cincinnati/ Tri-state area providing its local service area with service and entertainment needs. Their business acquisitions and dealings have attracted national attention and they have adapted to the ever changing telecom market quickly and efficiently.

Cincinnati Bell employees all feel like part of a family and all levels of employees from entry level to our CEO interact regularly. I feel connected to upper management and feel we all have the same goals.

I have learned customer service skills the most including, how to better handle and serve customers and take care of them. I have learned how to sell better and how to better deescalate customers who have had a bad experience and turn them back into a returning, profitable customer.

Cincinnati Bell compensates well and has a fairly generous commission structure. The company provided benefits are also more then enough for any family. Cincinnati Bell takes care of its own.
Fast paced Fun Enviroment
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2014
Fast paced fun environment that offers great pay for the work that you put into it. Continually pivoting to address current market.
Great Company
Central Office Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pay was really good
Cons: job security
I learned a lot from this position at Cincinnati Bell, learned leadership skills and how to work on my own without supervision. Handle several accounts for customers and large businesses. Assisted Field Technicians that worked outside that needed help with in the Central Offices.

It was a lot of interesting things about this job and loved working with everyone.
Best thing was being busy throughout the day, running orders and running several buildings.
Great Pay Unsure Direction
Management (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2014
The company pays well but is constantly chaining direction and does not support employees who have worked hard for them.
leadership great management team
customer service rep/ sales (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2014
Pros: diversity and growth
Cons: short breaks
Very fast passed work
computers skills advanced
great management team
there is alot of team palyes and great leadership
You have your own personal space , have a bit of down time in between so you won't feel overwhelmed
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2014
Pros: great area to work, great job to do
Cons: high call volumes, and irate customers
A typical day at Cincinnati Bell was quite,friendly. I learned to type quickly, Analyze and solve customers problems, and Data Entry, I also learned how to multi Task and toggle between many windows, answering Phones
Horrible experience
customer service representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: best pay for work at home jobs
Cons: everything
I worked as a work at home customer service rep. Sales was pushed for every call. We were given the "tools" to perform during training, but we were not trained on everything. Very little training on the cell phone set up and no training on the billing system or transfering numbers from one cell company to CB. The cellular dep. would not do their jobs either, and were located in the Phillipines. They pushed us to sell and set up the DTV for those who don't have true fioptic service. But if a customer was not happy and wanted to cancel their DTV service, we would refer them to DTV, but the DTV kept referring the customer back to CB. This aggravated the customer even more and there was nothing more I could do. The systems used were very slow, and sometimes non-functional, which racks up your call handle time. Appts. would be set, and the service dept. would not show up. They would claim there was no appt. So, the customers would have to wait even longer for their service to be connected. They would change the rules of procedures daily then reprimand when you don't follow the procedure. They would put points against your attendance for their system failures. They would cut your hours down if you were not selling. Missed sales repeatedly so they didn't have to pay on commission when you reached your sales goals. Under doctors care for illness? They force you to take a medical leave and use that attendance against you as well. Sometimes I would get kicked out of the system and couldn't log in. Tech support would tell me I wasn't an employee. This happened on several occassions. Furthermore, they would route my customers to my personal phone line and not my work voicemail! They were not good on updating reps on outages so we could advise our customers properly, and they would never follow through with what was promised to the customers.
Clean Standard workplace
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, OHApril 28, 2014
The Oaks taught me how to clean lien and fold as well. It's a nice workplace.
Competitive organization that is community minded and results driven
Managing Director (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 20, 2014
Pros: fair compensation and work/home life balance
Cons: limited product investment resources
Define product strategies.
Collaborate with other internal organizations to ensure unity of purpose.
Ensure product forecasts are delivering as planned and adjust course as necessary.
Work with Finance Department to ensure financial trends are on track.
Retain and attract and motivate quality personnel.
Not a positive place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: almost everthing
Upper management ruled by intimidation and fear. Language was offensive. Management didn't know processes and didn't want to know how -- just do it. Job performance was handled in the open and demeaned the person and upset others. Management style was lacking people skills, understanding and offering proper learning and development. Drinking on company time in the office was common place on Friday's and during Corporate Management meetings. My co-workers struggled through each day and were very stressed. Some cried, some were angry and left to smoke or sit in their cars for a while. The only enjoyable part was 5:00 p.m. and treats that people made and brought in to share.
Dont mess up one time or look to be fired without warning
sales (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: all the rest
They have a very inferior product with the fiber tv products. They all know its a garbage product and freak out when it does not sell. The word of mouth has killed this product. Would not recommend this company to anyone. You can come in today and be walked out tomorrow. Hope this helps
Dysfunctional and Disorganized
Field Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: all
Products are having trouble, management unable to cope. Job seems insecure based on moves the company has made. Not paid commissions based on reports that are incorrect and systems which cannot be accessed by sales force. Long hours and very stressful.
Time Warner is a very nice company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2013
Through my time with this company I was able to learn new software programs as well how the telecommunication industry operates.
Productive work enviornment
PC Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good variety of work
The environment was productive but not very comfortable . I learned good communication skills.
Cincinnati Bell
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2013
This is a good company to work for. They have good compensation and a diverse staff. Only thing that could be worked on is the career advancement and keeping jobs here in the U.S.
Focused, dedicated and persistent Manager with 17 years of success in leading teams to exceed customer and corporate goals
Residential Team Leader (Former Employee), Norwood, OHOctober 3, 2013
• Combine motivation, goal orientation, and coaching to absorb a second team while striving to reach corporate goals following the May, 2012 announcement to outsource the calling center.
• Achieved Highest Team Customer Satisfaction Scores 5 out of 12 months in 2011 and 3 out of 6 months in 2012.
• Provide personal coaching / training for continuous development to 25 call center associates, taking 1,000 calls daily; conduct extensive call observations to identify areas for individual improvement.
• Schedule and prepare for 1 - 2 weekly meetings for each associate to ensure and celebrate individual goals.
• Conduct weekly team meetings to share performance data and best practices.
• Continuously evaluate employee performance to provide timely and accurate quarterly and annual performance appraisals for each direct report.
• Collaborate with team, product managers and senior management to analyze and develop the trial, recommendation and implementation of new practices / procedures, including the introduction of new products or services, order procedures, system solutions and bridging and benefit statements.
• Successfully respond to 100% of escalated calls from team members; combining honed listening skills to understand the stated and unstated issues, problem solving using extensive product knowledge, and clarification to determine customer satisfaction.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with diverse20+ work groups within and across processes, ensuring a highly focused effort supports the General Market’s customer base.
• Created and presented additional training for all new hires regionally who achieved their 90 day goals.
• Administer Corporate Attendance and Punctuality Guidelines and disciplinary actions when required.
• Support staffing efficiencies by monitoring daily compliance statistics.
Good pay
Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, decent hours, good company
Cons: no job security, constantly changing
Cincinnati Bell has been around for years, and has had its ups and downs. Currently, it seems to be in a down mood with many customers starting to lose hope. Working with the general public, you are bound to have customers who do not necessarily like you, but truth of the matter is that Cincinnati Bell is currently working very hard on taking every chance to improve their Fioptics network. It is a new technology, and there are going to be times where everything does not work, but today's society wants results now, and will not wait for everything to be perfect. I like my job with Cincinnati Bell, and they treat us very well, but with the pay structure there are ways to excel, but if you do not excel Cincinnati Bell will not hesitate to terminate you. Not even for one second.
Great incentives
RESIDENTIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: outsourcing
Cincinnati Bell was a great place to work.Great advancement opportunities,good maneagment. Until they outsourced jobs to the Philippines.Thats when I was "layed off"

1 2 3

About Cincinnati Bell

Cincinnati Bell rings for Bengals and Bearcats, Musketeers, and even the Reds. The company provides local phone service to residential – Read more

Cincinnati Bell Salaries