Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The management changes a lot not because people are promoted but because people are let go. There are a lot of changes that are happening right now. there isn't much communication.
Passionate about appearances
OPHTHALMIC TECH II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2017
While they have excellent pay and benefits, there is no room for advancement or transition. Culture is shallow and cares more about appearances than character.
Good job but dead end
Clinical Engineering Technician I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2017
No advancement and inconsistent management. Play favorites and offer empty promises. Director has no say over department. Promotions are made by VP of 450 employee department not our 30 employee department. Great job if you just wanna put in time and retire. If you wanna go above and beyond look elsewhere.
Great place to work and recieve experience
PCA/HUC now Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work and receive experience in a lot of different fields. Everyone is friendly and manager is flexible with my schedule. They will accommodate you.
Pros
experience
Cons
difficult to get career advancement
Typical large Corporation cluture
Senior Analyst Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioAugust 28, 2017
The benefits and culture are slowly deteriorating as they do at most large corporations. Overall the place is no better or worse to work at than any other.
Great place to work.
Lead Mental Health Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2017
I loved working at Children's. It's a fast paced but friendly environment. They offer great benefits and pay well. I would recommend to a friend or family member.
Used to be a great place to work....
Neuromuscular Center CSR II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
CCHMC isn't a bad place to work, but it used to be so much better. Budget cuts and management who care more about the bottom line than the patients and staff are hurting moral.
Pros
Helping children
Cons
Increasing budget cuts
Okay work place
Registered Nurse; B4 NICU (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
Awesome benefits but stressful environment to work in. Employees are not nice to each other. Doctors are always on a power trip. Awesome cafeteria. Decent place to work
Proud to work here, but need a change
RN STAFF NURSE (endocrine floor) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
I love working at Children's, but have always worked nights. I need a day shift position and one with less weekends and holidays because of my husband's work schedule and having 2 small kids.
Proud to work here
Radiologic Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
Cincinnati Children's is a great place to work. I just do not have career advancement opportunity. The culture is very positive and I can say that I am proud to work here.
Extremely Disappointed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
Thought I landed the opportunity of a lifetime and I have just been miserable. Management, morale and just overall job satisfaction has been horrible. Benefits are being cut and severe cost cutting measures underway for the next several years.
productive and diverse culture
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
busy on a typical workday, i learned how to work under pressure and respected time with regards punctuality, responding to call promptly.
I loved the work culture and the diverse work environment.
The hardest part is keeping up with the incoming calls and responding to everyone at the same time. I loved how management treated everyone with respect and understanding.
Pros
free meals
Cons
healthcare
Wonderful Hospital
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work. Love working with families and children. Able to schedule shifts around family. My team is a group of wonderful nurses. Management within the hospital varies greatly between departments. Benefits leave much to be desired.
Love the People, need more hours
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
Love working for CCHMC, but need full-time employment. The people are great, and I like the team I work with. Love what I do. Interesting and challenging work place.
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
Working at Children's was one of my favorite job. I really enjoy working in their work place. It was well relaxed and fast paste. The work was not hard at all it made time go by really fast.
Summer Experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2017
While I worked as a student research assistant for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program, the employees in the department were very welcoming and helpful. A typical day at work required a lot of computer work with friendly faces. Getting around the hospital was simple, even with the construction that was being done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see patients and learn how much of an impact the employees in the department made in their lives.
Pros
Large and medium sized cafeterias, good food, great interior design
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2017
Overall Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a great place to work. My department was a very enjoyable, I enjoyed the interaction with the nurse and physician staff, patients but most of I enjoyed my co-works. The job was very exciting and challenging. The hardest part of my job is watching the patients in the ICU going through medical issues.
Pros
Great lunches and benifits
Cons
Parking
Best place for "Changing the Outcome"
Learning Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
One of the best places I worked for. Offers employees chances for training, furthering education, and advancements. The people you work with are friendly and qualified for the positions.
Benefits
Cons
Competitive
Changing lives through meaningful work at a top-rated children's hospital
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital embodies a cultural of changing the outcome together for patients and families. It is rewarding to go to work every day, knowing that lives are being impacted in meaningful ways. Children's Hospital offers a very competitive benefits package and provides multiple programs and incentives to employees. There has been recent changes in Sr. Leadership, but the organization as a whole remains committed to providing quality care at an affordable price.
Pros
Competitive compensation with industry standards, generous paid time off, pension plan, health incentives; onsite cafeterias
Cons
Recent increased turnover in Sr. Leadership; limited advancement potential
Fine place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2017
I worked at Cincinnati Children's Medical Center/Hospital several years ago and do not remember much about the experience overall. The compensation was fine, and the benefits were fine overall.