Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice office setting
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2017
Very friendly environment, structured for safety and as well as comfort. Fast paced, fun, knowledgeable, attentive, FOOD FOOD FOOD! The hardest part would be handling call time.
Fun working place
Cook/ stock and utility (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2017
Awesome place to work! Especially if you love kids. It's a great place to work because they really care about their patients employees and our familes
overall great experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
The nurses were very nice, and allowed the student nurses to get much needed experience. The atmosphere was also positive an welcoming. The patients also received great care.
Great team
Speech­Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
Largest department in the world. Research and growth oriented. Opportunity for specialization. Difficult work life balance as FTE. Staff works together as a family. Very supportive co-workers. Entry level pay.
Love my department
Clinical Researcher Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2017
I really love working with research. The people are pleasant. Management is supportive in professional growth and development. I would recommend others to work here.
Cchmc
CMA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this hospital and I feel as though I have learned a lot. Working so closely with RN's has really taught me a lot and is an experience I have not had elsewhere.
Very Stable Job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2017
The area that I worked in was very sad and I watched a lot of children pass away. Overall the job was good, stable work and it was consistent. I would work there again.
Great organization to work for, would return if able!
Veterinary Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2017
Cincinnati Children's was my work family for a couple of years from 2006-2008. Typical days included being productive in a collaborative team environment where management governed democratically and the culture was nimble, relaxed, and welcoming to all walks of life. The hardest part of the job was managing the high turn over with entry level positions and scheduling paid time off as we were critical personnel. The most enjoyable part of Children's was the culture and the people. The hardest part of the job was taking a non-profit salary that wasn't fully competitive. If I knew then what I know now though, I'd keep that lower salary and be grateful for the opportunity to work in such a culturally robust organization. I'd recommend working in Cincinnati Children's Hospital in a heartbeat.
Pros
Fantastic culture, noble cause, great people
Cons
Pay is from a non-profit...don't expect miracles.
Cincinnati Children's
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2017
I like working here. Lots of flexibility and good benefits. Some days are busy, some slow. Lots of different personalities but I like that. I would recommend working here.
Excellent medical facility
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2017
Cincinnati Children's provides an outstanding environment for children facing complex medical issues. The facility is highly supportive of families and encourages parental involvement. Staff are also supported to a great extent and their concerns are addressed in a thorough and timely fashion.
Pros
Great benefits backage/discounts/healthcare/HSA
Cons
High turnover rate, pay not commensurate for experience, not much room for professional advancement unless a degree is earned, management could improve on resolving employee concerns
Great place to work and learn
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2017
Clinic starts at 8am; along with the nurses we prepare clinic. Multidisciplinary team so there are a lot of bodies in one area. Help with time managements, getting providers in rooms in a timely manner. Appoints last up to 3 hours clinic in only in the morning and we see average 12 patients.
Ok
CRC II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2017
This is an ok place to work. the pay is very low compared to what other places pay for the same type of work. unless you are in the healthcare field I would recommend working someplace that will pay you what you deserve
Great workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2017
I have always loved working for such a reputable employer and will remain a dedicated employee. World class physicians and a great research department will continue to bolster this as a top hospital nationally.
Great group in Sterile Processing
Sterile Processing Technician, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2017
Learned all operating room instruments, organize all instruments in trays, prepare for correct processing, make sure all instruments are in good working condition
Don't believe the hype
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2017
It sounds good to say, "yes I work at CCHMC" but working there was a nightmare. I dreaded getting up for work everyday. I worked as a MA in the Endo/Diabetes department and it was the worst MA position that I've ever held. The RNs in that department treat MAs as if we don't know anything despite the fact that we had went to school and had to become certified to qualify for this position. The manager has her favorites so there is no open-door policy.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, long hours, no respect
Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2017
I would visit patients and see if they needed anything, or stay with the children if their parents were away. I enjoyed interacting with children, and alleviating some of the stress on their parents.
Good company to work for but the high stress environment was too much.
Registered Nurse II, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2017
The high stress environment of the PICU was too much for me at this point in my life. I have done PICU nursing for the last 18 years but after my son passed away I need a career change.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2017
Very enjoyable workplace. I wish I could stay, but am unable due to relocating. Managers are very understanding and helpful. Coworkers are also always willing to help you out.
Great place to work!!
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2017
A great place to work! The management is fair, understanding and flexible. I would recommend Children's to anyone looking for an excellent organization to be a part of!
I love cchmc
RN (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHMarch 8, 2017
CCHMC is a great place to work but I am looking to expand into Psychiatric nursing and adult care. I am able to work with the best clinical staff in pediatric healthcare.
Pros
Work atmosphere, intelligent staff, great interdisciplinary teamwork
Cons
Micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location