Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Very low stress
EMS Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great working enviroment
Cons: Lack of support sometimes
I work at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. I manage all paramedic students that attend clinical rotations at our hospital. I also conduct the EMS education and coordinate joint trainings with other intuitions in the greater Cincinnati area. A big part of my job is follow up on patients that EMS has brought us and keep a good working relationship with these departments. I am also involved in devolvement of new education projects in Black Board. I work with Disaster preparedness for the hospital in training drills.
Case Study
Case Study Participant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
Cons: Short
It was the first time they did a case study for many of the surrounding schools. It was not what I thought it would be nor did they have very many guidelines. I was left disappointed.
High patient volume and fast paced environment
Emergency Services Representative III (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
A typical day a work could involve arriving patients that checked in to be seen at the emergency department, registering them, rounding on them (checking with the families to see if they needed anything), or sitting in the various teams assisting the clinical staff with patient care (calling pediatricians, setting up admissions for patients, paging sub-specialty doctors, etc). Second shift was generally the busiest, and Mondays were the worst day of the week in regards to patient volume. The hardest part of the job was having to register a family who is losing or has lost a child in the trauma bay. Death is always hard to deal with, but children dying is somehow worse.
Excellent people to work with.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. Co-workers were the best part of the job and it felt good to be working at a place where you are actually helping people and making a difference.
Gained a wealth of experience
Patient Care assistant, Emergency Room (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
Its a good nursing home to work. The transitional care unit is relatively busy with a kinds of medical complications. Good place to work to gain experience.
Excellent place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Always willing to help develop employees
Cons: only 2 weeks paid time off when originally hired
This is an amazing place to work. It just gets better and better. They are committed to keeping their workforce trained and are always looking for ways to improve. Development of employees is very important.
you're just a number
Protective Services Officer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2015
They are not very caring in terms of their employees. They are a terrible employer. They care about the company only and not you. They will not do anything to help you when you have a medical condition. They will just let you fend for yourself and replace you.
snobish.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
Pros: excellent nurses
Cons: horrible leadership
Being the only pediatric facility in greater Cincinnati, I guess that gives CCHMC something to brag about; however, their treatment of "peons" is abysmal. The best part of the job was working with the children and their parents.
Very professional work enviornment
Nutrition Care Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2015
The day would fly by at times, depending on how busy we were. I paid attention to detail and carefully executed daily operations to ensure little to no error.
Exciting place with talented, dedicated employees helping children live healthy lives worldwide.
Administrative Assistant, Marketing Department (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2015
No 2 days were alike and always a learning experience with technology and new experiences. The most difficult part of the job was knowing when to say yes and when to day no with so many different audiences. Co-workers were very gifted and willingly shared their knowledge. The most enjoyable part was knowing that everything I did helped to improve children's health is some way.
Very rewarding when first hired, but departmental issues made the job miserable.
Pharmacy Intern II (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
The department was too much politics. The training is great for student pharmacists and the peers I worked with were exceptional. Management for the most part including select lead pharmacists were business, politics, and staff dead last. I really do not believe they valued their employees nor did they listen to them.
CCHMC Summary
Sr. Service Desk Analyst/Problem Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2015
Pros: you can make a difference in the lives of people
Cons: bad neighborhood, bad parking, lack of job mobility
CCHMC is a good place to work. Your work can have direct impact on the health of children and can be very rewarding. EPIC was implemented at the hospital and has greatly increased the size of the IT Department.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a Great Place to Work for your Nursing Career
Registered Nurse II, CPN (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: Growth, Profitable
Cons: Poor Dentist Benefits, If you leave they take away any benefits you acrrued while their.
Overall, CCHMC is a great place to work. Disappointed though after 17 years of working there they won't let me cash in my EIB it gets deleted from my account. They offer tuition reimbursement benefits but come to find out since I'm moving d/t marrying a man who lives in Michigan that I have to pay back the last 12 months of tuition reimbursement they gave me. Does not seem like a benefit to me!
I enjoy working at Children's Hospital
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Seeing the Children
Cons: Night Shift
The hardest part of my job is seeing all the kids that are sick and in need of medical attention. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills and doing my best to provide adequate care to my patients and coworkers.
There is never enough people to cover the shifts so you are always working long hours by yourself
Laboratory Specialist II (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: they are all over the city so you can get to it easy
Cons: 1) you are just a number., 2) It is all about what you can do for them., 3) They make rule only to be broken when they see fit
There is never any growth within departments. No good pay for long term employment. Its is a good place to start and develop skills but you will be looking for a new job within 5 years
Wonderful place to work,
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2015
Overall Children's is a fantastic place to work. They strive to keep dedicated, and mission oriented employees and constant improvements at all levels to keep up with the ever changing medical environment.
Cincinnati Children's was a place of great professional growth.
Research Assistant III (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2015
It was enjoyable to apply general techniques I had used in prior
employment to the specific situations in the Endocrinology
Laboratory. I had been a medical technologist in my former
job, so becoming a research assistant was a totally new
experience.
Safety and Security of patients and staff
Protective Services Security Officer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: job security, great pay, first shift, benefits
Cons: no cons
I monitored the entire campus for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital. I learned the importance of securty and what security means. Management was awesome. They listened to your concerns and updated you constantly on changes within the hospital. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was to helping others in need of help.
Day in the Life of a CCHMC Employee
Manager (Current Employee), CincinnatiMarch 11, 2015
Day in the Life of a CCHMC Employee . What I Learned. Management, Co-workers, hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable
Amazing!
Administrative Assistant, Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: amazing!
Cons: amazing!
AMAZING!!!!! So much fun day in and day out. I worked during college here and loved every minute of it! Great people to work with as well!

1 2 3 4 5

About Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health – Read more

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Salaries