Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to work,
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2015
Overall Children's is a fantastic place to work. They strive to keep dedicated, and mission oriented employees and constant improvements at all levels to keep up with the ever changing medical environment.
Cincinnati Children's was a place of great professional growth.
Research Assistant III (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2015
It was enjoyable to apply general techniques I had used in prior
employment to the specific situations in the Endocrinology
Laboratory. I had been a medical technologist in my former
job, so becoming a research assistant was a totally new
experience.
Safety and Security of patients and staff
Protective Services Security Officer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: job security, great pay, first shift, benefits
Cons: no cons
I monitored the entire campus for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital. I learned the importance of securty and what security means. Management was awesome. They listened to your concerns and updated you constantly on changes within the hospital. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was to helping others in need of help.
Day in the Life of a CCHMC Employee
Manager (Current Employee), CincinnatiMarch 11, 2015
Day in the Life of a CCHMC Employee . What I Learned. Management, Co-workers, hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable
Amazing!
Administrative Assistant, Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: amazing!
Cons: amazing!
AMAZING!!!!! So much fun day in and day out. I worked during college here and loved every minute of it! Great people to work with as well!
Fun place to work in
Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2015
I worked with Children's hospital as a part of my internship for school. I was not paid, but it was the best experience I have ever had in my life!
I love my Job!
Health Information Management Technician III (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility on the job
Cons: my pay is maxed.
I've been in the same department for 17 years! I have really matured working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center! I've learned how to accept constructive criticism, value and respect other feeling and lifestyle. I get along with everyone in the department I work in. Everyone is always professional. I enjoy working here! The most enjoyable part of the job is having a mission to focus on patient care.
Interactive job working with medical staff, specialist while assisting patients and families to become unified in the patient's treatment.
Mental Health Specialist II (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: i work with a great team of coworkers
Cons: there are no incentives to help with exhaustion and no training other than in house requirements.
Working in Psychiatry as a Mental Health Specialist on a daily basis gives me the opportunity to be creative while meeting the task of the day. The day begins with our team report, followed by beginning the day with medication and group activities. The team I work with consist of doctors, nurses, social workers, o.t and speech therapist along with other specialist. The goal is to help our patients with the obstacles they are facing in their lives, so they can be restores them to their healthiest mental health. I enjoy listening and trouble shooting with the patients, and I am challenged most by our patients who are more physically aggressive. Working in this environment has taught me to trust my instinct while meeting the needs of others.
Team player who thrives under pressure and utilizes extensive customer service, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
Financial Service Representative II Home Health (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Responsible for timely insurance notification, eligibility, obtain benefits, and handle precertification for all admissions, surgeries, and outpatient services including observation, special procedures and other selective outpatient testing in accordance with payor requirements including self-pay accounts.
Work with departments and outside entities to establish a positive working relationship that promotes cooperation and teamwork.
Communicate with Quality Management on a daily basis to ensure the appropriateness of accounts requiring precertification and follow-up by UR personnel. Work closely with Non-Sponsored Unit in the sharing of account information to minimize potential denials and aid in the financial assisting process. Maintain a communications network with physicians’ offices and payors to help obtain needed information and resolve problem accounts.
Wonderful Place to Work
Sponsored Programs Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance, competative compensation/benefits
I have been here at Children's for 10+ years and it has been one of the most rewarding and fun places to work. The employee benefits are excellent and they really strive to provide good work/life balance for their employees.
Just say no!!!!! My department was horrible and managment sucked!
Access Service Representative I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: getting to leave at the end of the day.
Cons: the list is long!
I was an ASR1 for about six years at cchmc. I worked in the Orthopeadic deparment/eye clinic access services. The first 3 years where great! I loved my job and coworkers even my manager was great! Well, that all changed very quickly! We got a new team lead in our department in 2009 she had a horrible attitude and wasn't very friendly with our medical staff or patients. We had a few people leave our clinic due to her bullying and harrassing. I was always a hard worker and very focused until she came along. We didn't get along very well and my manager was aware of this and my managers boss was aware as well. She belittled me every chnace she got and harrassed me to the point that I was getting physically ill. Stomach issues, stress, hair was falling out. I had plenty of meetings with my supervisor and she made it loud and clear I was the problem! NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS ANY OF MY PAST SUPERVISORS THOUGHT I WAS AN ISSUES TO WORK WITH NEVER! Anyway it kept on getting worse. After I went to HR I felt like there was a lot of retaliation. This woman I had to work with everyday put her hands on me and HR and my supervisor didn't seem to this this was a big deal at all! I even had a letter from two coworker who said they witnessed the whole thing. HR did nothing!!!! This woman bullied everyone in my department and had numorous complaints! Yet she is there and I am in a much better place now. Also due to some of my unnessary writeups I received while working there I couldn't switch departments! So I was stuck with this tyrant! I not only had to go through bullying from this woman she made – more... sure I didn't get my advancement that I worked so very hard for! I was passed up 3 times! The access service department is a (DEAD END )for people who are hard workers and honest! Managment is god aweful! The best part of my job is when I got to leave to go home. A typical day was a day when I was in the bathroom puking from stress and bullying. What I learned was you can't trust anyone! Some of my coworkers where ok. The hardest part of my job was being there everyday with horrible managment and a liar of a coworker and team lead! THE END! – less
Benefits not what they use to be
Administrative Assistant in Anesthesia Department (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Not what it use to be when started and the PTO time isn't as good as most companies. I've seen better plans in many other companies than this one.
productive education environment
Floater (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: environment, support
Cons: location
This is such a great company to work for. The management was easy to talk to and they truly cared about the education for the children.
Excellent facility
Radiology Practitioner Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Great facility to work! Excellent institution for pediatrics. Highly recommended.
Truly disappointment
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great hours afer 2012, 3/12 hr shifts per week.
Cons: difficulty with management, no communication. no help from hr with my struggle, when i left though during my exit interview, they admitted my mgr had a lot of " petty" complaints, that didn't help since i was leaving, it should've been seen and said earlier
I worked for Children's just short of four years..I was always 20 min early for my shift, training was difficult, the person who did my training snapped her fingers at me like I was 5, even after I was on my own, she was constantly critical.. Families Loved me, I was complimented by Drs..one manager made my life miserable and it felt like if I sneezed wrong I was in her office,it wasn't right away, it was toward the end of my 2nd year... I was initially hired because of my " people skills" from Years of working in the public... I was told by this Mgr she felt I was rude, went to HR. No help there, developed major migraines & Hated going to work...I left ..my own decision, which I've Never done in my life, within a month or so, my migraines wee gone, I stopped all the meds I'd been on...if I could've changed departments, I'd still be there today..because of paperwork from the Mgr I couldn't transfer.. I've Never let one person run me off before but my health & state of mind became more important.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, ohJanuary 20, 2015
Great place that gives back to our community. Great way to build retirement fund and such. At work a do administrative related jobs such as faxes, phone calls, working in excel, power point and other tools that are for the hospital. In all the departments I have worked I have always had wonderful coworkers. The most enjoyable part of working at Children's is knowing that every single person is a part of the puzzle in giving back to the kids.
very fun
conference services (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free food spmetimes great hours
Cons: none really
I learned so much from the great people at cincinnati childrens hospital. Its a wonderful place to work
Great Business Place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Outstanding Medical Center to work for. The staff is great to work with as well and helpful... The medical center help to further your education and also offer training class to their employees..
Horrible management
Business (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: wages are good
Cons: management, no learning collaborative and hr is no help with difficult management
Worst experience of my life. Manager was down right evil and had no desire to help me learn. Belittled me in front of co workers and never had a nice thing to say to me. Hospital itself is one of the best. I moved 5 hours away from home to work here and was treated horribly by management. They need to have mediators to help with difficult employers
Simple Summary
Data Warehouse Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Overall, Children's Hospital is a great place to work. As an employee, you are encouraged to grow and given direction on how to do so.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health – Read more

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Salaries