Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

very productive and extremely busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2017
I would recomand this job to any who's looking for a job. at Children's Hospital medical Center they have friendly people and knows how to get the job done. I remember when i had to do too! many things at once besides playing with the children and do other things like paper work, mailings, lables, and etc etc but i've learned how to multi tasked
Pros
packed nor bought my lunch
Cons
mid break
Great Place/ Poor Department
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2017
CCHMC is a great place to grow overall (as long as you are not in food service); however, the Food Service Department is very unorganized and lacks empathy for its workers. My experience was so terrible that I decided to leave the company all together. The employees gossip like crazy and are very unprofessional. Management only cares about a dollar, and has made this very clear to staff. Attendance is imperative because that is how they earn their dollar - which is understood being that it is a business. My problem is not being treated as a valued member of the team when we bust our bottoms so hard for the team. This has changed my outlook on working for another food service department in the future.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Too many to name.
Feeling of Family and Acceptance and interaction with Clients and Families
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center is a great place to begin and maintain a numerous careers. They provide additional ways in which you can develop professional as well as individual. You be come close with the patients and families and able to build great relations.
Great place to start in which you can network, obtain professional guidance, and even job shadow opportunities. There are, at times, overwhelming days and complicated situations, but knowing that you have been trained and provided with the best skills that can get you through the situation gives confidence. Being able to make the patients and smile, carry on regular conversations or even help those frustrated and angry leave with a smile on the face is the best part.
Awesome place to work, few options for advancement.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2016
Worked at Cincinnati Children's hospital as a research assistant. Had the luck of having an amazing PI. The vast majority of my time was spent on true research. The equipment and core services available are excellent. Help is always readily available and the environment is one of collaboration. The Negative for me is the lack of growth potential as a research assistant. I place most of the blame for this on myself in failing to understand the line of work I was entering into. Overall it has been a good experience.
its a very positive focused and goal driven place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2016
I find it the level of management at CCHMC pretty impressive. It has very close group of talented and focused people which are interested in their jobs in a very positive manner.
Pros
Constant chance to interaction with highly talented people of their field
Cons
City is very dull
Good company to work for but the high stress environment was too much.
Registered Nurse II, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2017
The high stress environment of the PICU was too much for me at this point in my life. I have done PICU nursing for the last 18 years but after my son passed away I need a career change.
Friendly work environment
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Friendly work environment. Operates more like a business than a university, in regards to research. Has very high standards that could be viewed as superfluous compared to other environments, and can restrict the ease at which researchers work.
I love cchmc
RN (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHMarch 8, 2017
CCHMC is a great place to work but I am looking to expand into Psychiatric nursing and adult care. I am able to work with the best clinical staff in pediatric healthcare.
Pros
Work atmosphere, intelligent staff, great interdisciplinary teamwork
Cons
Micro managed
Good pay. Poor work environment
Social Worker Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Alot of coworkers covertly speaking negatively about each other. Not a supportive environment. Coworkers and supervisors hyper critical. Unethical behavior. Example: Senior members on the team encouraging new members to 'not report sx abuse'. Knowing full well we are all mandated reporters. Taking credit for others work. New hires are very easily discarded for unsubstantiated reasons with no warning.
Pros
Good pay. Keeps work at work and vise versa.
Cons
Hyper critical, unethical, & unsupportive environment.
Provides excellent health care to children
Manager of Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2017
CCHMC was a great place to work. Offered wonderful opportunities to grow and advance. Tuition reimbursement was excellent. Always working to provide excellent healthcare to children.
Changing the Outcome
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Cincinnati Childrens is the number 3 children's hospital in American and it lives up to its expectations. The interdisciplinary teamwork is phenomenal and there is a definite sense of teamwork amongst all staff.
nice work experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2016
I learned how to properly clean patient rooms, I exceeded my experience on customer service skills, my co-workers and I got alone very very well they love me there, the hardest part of my job was cleaning an infant room that was on life support, the enjoyable part of my job was being able to go to work knowing I am going to put a smile on someone face.... :)
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2016
At Children's, you meet great people who are passionate about their work and the children they serve. I was able to advance a number of times during my tenure.
Pros
Children's is all about family and work balance
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Productive, exciting
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2016
I worked from home and was able to work at my own pace, my coworkers and I worked well together as a team, hardest part of my job was when my position was eliminated. Most enjoyable part was being able to work from home and the flexibility of the job. My managers were always there and were willing to help with any problems.
Proactive and Inspiring Workplace.
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2017
CCHMC is a record-setting company that believes in changing the outcome for all patients, families, and employees. I have gained a forever family with all of the individuals I work with.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2017
Very enjoyable workplace. I wish I could stay, but am unable due to relocating. Managers are very understanding and helpful. Coworkers are also always willing to help you out.
reputable company
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
Good company to work for. The work/life balance is great and the people I've worked with are wonderful. One problem is I have reached what seems to be the highest position I can at this point.
Okay place to work
Sr. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Would have been happier in a different department. Issues in the department where I worked. After I left, 16 others left. Human Resources was so concerned they called in a consultant to see what was going on.
Great place to work!!
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2017
A great place to work! The management is fair, understanding and flexible. I would recommend Children's to anyone looking for an excellent organization to be a part of!
Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2017
I would visit patients and see if they needed anything, or stay with the children if their parents were away. I enjoyed interacting with children, and alleviating some of the stress on their parents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

78%