Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Worked Psychiatry there. Beautiful group of people to work with
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229July 19, 2017
Love my co-workers and genuinely felt i was part of a team. Management was nice but had a lot on their plate. Staffing was horrible. In my experience, i was called just about everyday i was off to come work. Some days i was called, while already scheduled, to come work.
Pros
Work culture was amazing
Cons
Staffing
It's ok
Access Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
I use to work at children's hospital. I did like it at one point. Management needs some work. Pay increases need to be better. I feel like if someone in your department doesn't like you it can mess up any chance you have of advancement. It's ok. Needs work. There was always drama in my department.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, pay increases
Social Worker II/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2017
Good place to work but promotions are competitive and sometimes stressful. Management is good depending on what department you work in and the job responsibilities.
The staff was great
Hospital Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Children's. I was a great place to work and the managers were very helpful and always willing to listen and help make the work place more efficient.
team environment with appreciation of diversity
Practice Improvement Coach & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
The Health Network was a unique department with a start up culture. A typical day was setting agenda for meetings and bringing multi disciplinary teams together to solve problems.
Feeling like you make a difference
Customer Service Representative II, Neurology (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2017
A typical day at children's was never the same either- Most days consisted on Taking phone calls and triaging them to the correct nurse pools Via Epic. Management was always Professional and well done. I definitely learned a lot at Children's- working in Neurology gave me the opportunity to broaden horizon about patients, families AND co workers.
Pros
excellent insurance coverage, yearly bonuses
Cons
no room to grow
Fast Paced Hospital Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
CCHMC has been a good place to work but is presently suffering setbacks due to changes in healthcare. Jobs are not secure in the current landscape. Promotions are difficult to obtain and moving interdepartmentally is challenging.
Pros
Decent health coverage, annual employee bonus, wellness program for employees
Cons
job insecurity, vast differences in pay for same roles
I enjoy working here, but the pay could be better
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 4, 2017
I'm a clinical research coordinator so I obviously can't speak on behalf of everyone that works here, but my job seems to require a lot from me after hours, which would be fine if I was salaried or paid a little better, but I'm not. I think CCHMC is an awesome place to start your career in the medical field and gain some extremely valuable experience, but you're basically paying to work for a big, well-known institution.
Pros
Job security, benefits, nice facilities
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, slow HR, unpaid breaks
Great place to start a career.....but need to move along quickly
LAB MANAGER/SR. RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
I've been at CCHMC for 15 years, in the same position and have been treated very fairly and been given many opportunities for promotion within the same position. However, the culture has changed a bit since we have obtained a new CEO, and the opportunities for career advancement within the system are nill to none. Seems like they only want to hire new outside talent instead of keeping and promoting talent from within. So, sadly, this forces me to look elsewhere and become a competitor...even when they have paid for furthering my education.
Diverse place to work
Medical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2017
Walking into this hospital with all the wonderful colorful walls and interesting things for the children, starts your day off right. People hired here are diverse in culture but all share one common goal; to help the children. Everyone you meet is helpful, friendly and cheerful to keep in tune with the vision of the hospital
Endless opportunities
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2017
I had multiple opportunities to grow as a clinician at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. As an undergraduate student I was able to volunteer in the department of speech language pathology, where I was able to observe and help out clinicians as well as get to know them. Then as a graduate student I was able to participate in research and then present my research at two conferences. There is so much research, growth and activity occurring at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
Not the amazing place to work it used to be.
RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2017
Used to be the best place to work with great autonomy, work life balance and flexibility, however, over the last 10 years the culture has changed. Now it is clearly business first, no job security, everyone is stressed and short staffed.
Pros
The work is rewarding, great coworkers
Cons
Layoffs, short staffing, business restructuring all having a very negative impact on staff.
Good place of employment.
Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
I loved inpatient and residential psych units. I enjoyed interacting with patients and families, as well as leading therapeutic group activities on an almost daily basis.
Children's for 9 years
Registered Nurse II Outpatient Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
Wonderful organization of which to be a part. Culture has changed since I began, but employees truly believe in mission to change the outcome and improve child health across the world.
Great place
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
Great place to work, pay could be better. Management is great depending on the department. Advancement upon who you know. Best to network to be able to move up
Good company to work for working with kids.
Floor Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
This company is also a good company to work for when it comes to working with kids that are sick with life threatening illness. Some times you have your good days and sometimes you have your bad days not knowing if the children is going to be there when you come back to work the next day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Good if you are promoted from within
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229June 7, 2017
The clinical staff are passionate and dedicated to improving children's health and wellbeing. The support from the Anderson Center is world-class and very helpful
Unprofessional Management/Supervisors
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2017
This department is very dysfunctional and chaotic.The Supervisors and Specialist have very cut-throat practices. Very untrustworthy/dishonest leaders.
Pros
Parking Garage
Cons
Unprofessional Managers, Stressful Environment, Discrimination
Wonderful/supportive work place that wants the best for patients, families and staff
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a great workplace that allows for a strong work/life balance. Senior leadership is supportive of day to day work. The company works hard to support each of the employees.
Formula Room Specialist
FORMULA ROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioMay 31, 2017
We made individualized formulas for each and every patient.You had to work in a clean and sanitized environment.We had to deliver the formulas to the proper floors.You had a sense of value that you were able to help the patient and their families.
Pros
Enjoyment for helping our patients.