Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

One of the best places to work in the Mid-West
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2015
Cincinnati Children's is perhaps of the best places that I have ever worked. They pay a fair salary for the work that one does. I have had the unique opportunity to work not only with clinical staff but also non-clinical staff as well. Everyday I learn something new about not only my job but also humanity in general. I am truly lucky and blessed to be working at Children's.
Pros
The Staff makes the place shine, there is no better staff that I have ever managed or worked with.
Cons
There is a challenge if you are used to upward mobility and career pathing
Loved helping patients
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2016
It is a great place to work if you love the fact that you are helping children and parents in their time of need in the hospital. It is a place that has great benefits and medical packages. I do feel with the HR department they tend to judge a book by it cover and loose out on a lot of great potential candidates. I feel that in order to get employed at the hospital you basically have to know someone who works there to get your foot in the door and that the application process due to that is a waste of time.
Pros
Can move around through different departments
Cons
HR department has discrimination issues to address
Proud to work for CCHMC
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2015
Cincinnati Children's mission to improve the health of children is a noble and motivating reason so many people feel proud to work for the hospital. I love knowing that I am a part of changing the lives of so many children through advancements in medicine and research.
Pros
family atmosphere, great work/life balance, support for continuing education
Cons
salary is lower compared to for profit companies.
Meeting the patients and interacting with is a plus
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH Main CampusNovember 22, 2015
Poor management who shows favoritism not enough workers there has been quite a few people who left since I started because of management and pay. We are very underpayed for all the work we have to do. They do not like for you to workplace advancement. Over all Children's is a nice place to work because your there for the children.
Pros
Interaction with the patients
Cons
Poor pay for all the work we do. Bad management. Favoritism and co workers can be very rude
Hard work for little pay
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHOctober 25, 2015
Management, office politics, not enough pay, long shift hours, schedule, no place for advancement unless you participate in unfair advantages.
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees, management, compensation
Hardly enough pay & zero communication.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2016
Definitely not paid enough for the amount of work I did. Patients with contagious illnesses were often improperly isolated and I was constantly sick becuase other staff members were careless. Departments never knew when I was showing up to get a patient, no one communicated and I was always the one taking the blame when patients were late.
Pros
Made some friends, great benefits
Cons
Unfair compensation, very stressful
great palace to work
Research Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2015
I move to Cincinnati at 2008, work as a research assistant full time since then. Learned a lot at work, great place to work and raise family.
Loved my job of working with children
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2016
I loved working with the children and their parents. Making a child laugh was the best part of my day. I love the clinic that I worked for and the doctors that I worked along side.
Pros
Children and thier parents
Decent
Administrative Assistant (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2015
CCHMC environment all depends on the management team that you have in the department. Unfortunately it is difficult to get a new position through upper management because of the number of steps that are required to go through just to get it posted; which in turn adds stress to the staff. The division I worked in was very pro work/life balance but being a single mom I go the impression that taking my children to the doctors caused an inconvenience to the rest of my team, even though my work was caught up.
Wonderful
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2016
amazing place to be a part of. tools to advance are provided. Everyone works together to make your job complete. I enjoy being a part of Childrens. The benefits are great.
Pros
wonderful
Cons
nothing
Research Recruiter
Research Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Paid internship
Researched adherence rates in children who have irritable bowel syndrome., using a Medication Event Monitoring System with a prescription bottle.
Recruited children for the study.
Administered surveys to determine eligibility in clients.
Collected data.
Performed clerical tasks, such as entering data, creating graphs, and editing papers.
Created a poster of the results that was displayed at a conference.
Pros
Great environment, feelings of accomplishment, paid student
Cons
temporary, far away, questionable area
great place to work
Clinical Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
its a great place to work, advancement is great
team work and with management are great
the most life balance
the benefits are great
Pros
good review
Cons
team work
insurance verification
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
I call insurance companies to get the medications they are giving to the patients paid for. I love my job. I am just looking for something part time to supplement my income until my husband gets his jobs together
fun environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
fun environment to work in very fast pace does not work with a school schedule very strict on attendance. great pay long hours some overtime required
Lots of intellectual knowledge. Enjoyed being challenged to learn new skills.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2016
CCHMC is a large organization which is driven by research. It is a great place to learn and grow. I would gladly work there again. CICU is second to no other team in the hospital.
Pros
learning is greatly encouraged.
Cons
drive from Northern KY is rough
Cultural and Educational Experience
Welcome Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2015
Upon my moving to Cincinnati, my position at CCHMC helped me learn about my new city quickly. I was immediately immersed into Cincinnati's enthusiastic culture, in addition to the vibrant dedication exuberated by CCHMC employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Positive Employer and co-workers
Cons
Sitting at a desk all day
Great Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Co-Workers are great! A typical day is working 8- 4:30 pm. I like my job. I've learned a lot, meet some influential people. Needs more career advancement oppritunities.
Productive.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Productive, and professional work place. Excellant teamwork. Each day is different. Each day is busy, working with patients and families are challeging and rewarding.
Children's Hospital
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2016
It's an okay job, typing answering question and phone calls. Making appointments filling out paper work. the hardest part are the rude employees.
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229June 23, 2016
The only problem I had was the turn over rate in our department. But I loved my job and would still be there if it weren't for my health problems at the time.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location