Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great team of individuals to work with
Customer Connections Team Member (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2015
I feel like I have a family at work, great pay ,group benefits. I really love this job and hope to grow within the company. PERFECT!!!
great place to work
Clinical Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good review
Cons: team work
its a great place to work, advancement is great
team work and with management are great
the most life balance
the benefits are great
Meaningful work changing the outcome for kids & families
Senior Communications Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2015
I loved working for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. It's true what they say: good people and a great place to work.
Great Place to work
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee), Township of Liberty, OHAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Positive Enviorment
Cons: Not really any
As an Emergency Services Representative in the ED, I would work at various positions within the ED. These positions would include greeting patients/families as they first come to the ED and get them into the computer system to begin visit. I would do registration for the families that include verifying address information and billing. I would do admissions to various appointments that include infusions, direct admissions and sleep studies. I would arrive ambulances when they are bringing in emergency patients that need high attention. I would work with doctors and nurses to arrange transport and referrals to different locations, contact patients primary care providers and any other important medical information needed for patients.
great company, learned a lot.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), cincinnati, ohioAugust 7, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement, great coworkers, staff is efficient.
Cons: Not enough break time, holiday schedule, hours are long.
I feel like I've learned a lot here. Children's is a very diverse company that offers great professional growth opportunities for all of their employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2015
Great environment, Fun workplace, great workplace. I love being around the kids and motivating them and teaching them positive things to keep them on the right track.
Growing and Thriving Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2015
Pros: You meet new faces everyday
Cons: I wished the hiring and transfer setup was very different
The research for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital is very involved in making a difference to the community. The hospital setting is always seeking new ways to make money, cutting corners and trying to eliminate wasteful spending.
Very promising and productive place to work for
LPN IV CRC II (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioJuly 21, 2015
I love Children's Hospital. They are very flexible and family oriented. There are also many opportunities for advancement.
Children
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: air condition buses
Cons: paid biweekly
Good job to have lots of room for career advancement, route guideline made driving easier. Passengers were nice and often offered information regarding Children Hospital needs
i worked on A6south it was a good med- surge unit i learn alot of things.
pca (Former Employee), A6soouthJuly 11, 2015
Remember when I worked with a nurse ,we were the only one admit over ten patients,I gave the doctor each patients vital signs.
Great place!
Linguistic Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Liberty CampusJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Cultural Diversity, Motivating, SupportiveTeamwork, Fun
Cons: Working as a Temp Hire
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is an excellent place to learn and grow as a professional and person. The environment is very culturally diverse, and motivating. The managers make the work environment fun. It is challenging to keep up with everyday work but, it is very gratifying since it is a job with such a beautiful purpose, to help kids feel and recover from their illnesses.
Very low stress
EMS Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great working enviroment
Cons: Lack of support sometimes
I work at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. I manage all paramedic students that attend clinical rotations at our hospital. I also conduct the EMS education and coordinate joint trainings with other intuitions in the greater Cincinnati area. A big part of my job is follow up on patients that EMS has brought us and keep a good working relationship with these departments. I am also involved in devolvement of new education projects in Black Board. I work with Disaster preparedness for the hospital in training drills.
Case Study
Case Study Participant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
Cons: Short
It was the first time they did a case study for many of the surrounding schools. It was not what I thought it would be nor did they have very many guidelines. I was left disappointed.
High patient volume and fast paced environment
Emergency Services Representative III (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
A typical day a work could involve arriving patients that checked in to be seen at the emergency department, registering them, rounding on them (checking with the families to see if they needed anything), or sitting in the various teams assisting the clinical staff with patient care (calling pediatricians, setting up admissions for patients, paging sub-specialty doctors, etc). Second shift was generally the busiest, and Mondays were the worst day of the week in regards to patient volume. The hardest part of the job was having to register a family who is losing or has lost a child in the trauma bay. Death is always hard to deal with, but children dying is somehow worse.
Excellent people to work with.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. Co-workers were the best part of the job and it felt good to be working at a place where you are actually helping people and making a difference.
Gained a wealth of experience
Patient Care assistant, Emergency Room (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
Its a good nursing home to work. The transitional care unit is relatively busy with a kinds of medical complications. Good place to work to gain experience.
Excellent place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Always willing to help develop employees
Cons: only 2 weeks paid time off when originally hired
This is an amazing place to work. It just gets better and better. They are committed to keeping their workforce trained and are always looking for ways to improve. Development of employees is very important.
you're just a number
Protective Services Officer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2015
They are not very caring in terms of their employees. They are a terrible employer. They care about the company only and not you. They will not do anything to help you when you have a medical condition. They will just let you fend for yourself and replace you.
snobish.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
Pros: excellent nurses
Cons: horrible leadership
Being the only pediatric facility in greater Cincinnati, I guess that gives CCHMC something to brag about; however, their treatment of "peons" is abysmal. The best part of the job was working with the children and their parents.
Very professional work enviornment
Nutrition Care Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2015
The day would fly by at times, depending on how busy we were. I paid attention to detail and carefully executed daily operations to ensure little to no error.