Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work, few options for advancement.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2016
Worked at Cincinnati Children's hospital as a research assistant. Had the luck of having an amazing PI. The vast majority of my time was spent on true research. The equipment and core services available are excellent. Help is always readily available and the environment is one of collaboration. The Negative for me is the lack of growth potential as a research assistant. I place most of the blame for this on myself in failing to understand the line of work I was entering into. Overall it has been a good experience.
Great Organization
Director, Managers of Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2016
Learned a great deal at CCHMC and met some amazing people while working there. Leadership always encouraged innovation and excellence in everything that we did.
Friendly Environemnt
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 11, 2016
I love coming to work each day, the people I work with and the people I meet make it that much more enjoyable on a daily basis. Getting to know some of the children who come in more frequently is a highlight of my day.
Good place would recommend
Vet Tech II Cage Wash (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2016
Children's hospital is a great place to work enjoyed my time there. I would recommend Children a place to work at with a lot of advantage and support to further your education career path.
Rigid work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2016
Good benefits and decent pay, management is not great. Budget cuts have made working here not nearly as exciting as it once was. Managers tend to get away with anything.
Productive, exciting
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2016
I worked from home and was able to work at my own pace, my coworkers and I worked well together as a team, hardest part of my job was when my position was eliminated. Most enjoyable part was being able to work from home and the flexibility of the job. My managers were always there and were willing to help with any problems.
nice work experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2016
I learned how to properly clean patient rooms, I exceeded my experience on customer service skills, my co-workers and I got alone very very well they love me there, the hardest part of my job was cleaning an infant room that was on life support, the enjoyable part of my job was being able to go to work knowing I am going to put a smile on someone face.... :)
Great working invironment, very organized and clean, great working staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2016
The best place to work at. dentist and dental asisstant are very kind and fun to work with, i felt very welcoming when i first started. very Organized and clean
Very happy and productive environment, great people.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2016
My job is great but I'm looking for a better opportunity! I enjoy working with the people that I work with. My managers are great and full of energy. There is nothing bad that I can say about Children's Hospital!
Good pay. Poor work environment
Social Worker Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Alot of coworkers covertly speaking negatively about each other. Not a supportive environment. Coworkers and supervisors hyper critical. Unethical behavior. Example: Senior members on the team encouraging new members to 'not report sx abuse'. Knowing full well we are all mandated reporters. Taking credit for others work. New hires are very easily discarded for unsubstantiated reasons with no warning.
Pros
Good pay. Keeps work at work and vise versa.
Cons
Hyper critical, unethical, & unsupportive environment.
fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2016
Productive work force. Nice, energetic and insightful. Always looking ahead for new ideas and approaches to new technology and ideas. always at the forefront of new approaches and cures
Pros
nice place to work
Children's Hospital
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2016
It's an okay job, typing answering question and phone calls. Making appointments filling out paper work. the hardest part are the rude employees.
Horrible, exploitative research environment
Research (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2016
I can't say anything about the hospital side of Cincinnati Children's but I know the research side well. I would never recommend any talented young researcher to waste their time there. Children's research is decades behind. The faculty with their huge salaries are mostly talentless and unproductive, occasionally writing useless papers of zero value. The amount of waste that goes on in this place is unbelievable. When the money was plentiful they were all relatively harmless, but now the new administration is making it a little harder to get funding. When you throw together a bunch of talentless people and make them compete for an ever shrinking pot of money, and it's not surprising that abuse becomes likely. I know of at least two cases where supervisors basically stole the work of their talented research fellows, then fired those fellows without giving a second thought about their lives or careers. By the way, in both cases the supervisors were male and the fellows were female, which gives this place another interesting dimension. Speaking of gender issues, there are still whole departments without a single tenured female faculty member. I think one fellow also experienced serious harassment on the part of her boss and tried to complain to HR but that didn't help her at all and may have even harmed her further. Promotions for non-faculty are non-existent. If you get hired here as anything but faculty you will never become faculty, no matter how talented you are. in fact, talented people with good ideas are even less likely to get anywhere in this place as they  more... threaten the status quo and make unproductive tenured faculty look bad. Lots of good people have gotten frustrated and quit recently. Oh, and here's a piece of information HR will "forget" to tell you when they hire you: if you leave before you work for this place for 3 years you get exactly zero of their famous pension plan. So, advice to any talented researcher: avoid this place.  less
Pros
None if you want to do serious research
Cons
Just about everything (see my review)
insurance verification
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
I call insurance companies to get the medications they are giving to the patients paid for. I love my job. I am just looking for something part time to supplement my income until my husband gets his jobs together
Productive.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Productive, and professional work place. Excellant teamwork. Each day is different. Each day is busy, working with patients and families are challeging and rewarding.
Hardly enough pay & zero communication.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2016
Definitely not paid enough for the amount of work I did. Patients with contagious illnesses were often improperly isolated and I was constantly sick becuase other staff members were careless. Departments never knew when I was showing up to get a patient, no one communicated and I was always the one taking the blame when patients were late.
Pros
Made some friends, great benefits
Cons
Unfair compensation, very stressful
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229June 23, 2016
The only problem I had was the turn over rate in our department. But I loved my job and would still be there if it weren't for my health problems at the time.
Wonderful place to work
Respiratory Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
I loved my time at Children's. It was truly an honor and a wonderful place to start off in the medical field. Everyone who works there is happy to be there.
Management could of been better
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2016
the job itself was fine but it was ran by unprofessional people and had a high turnover rate and very short staffed. the pay was good and the time went by fast.
Pros
bonuses
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2016
Great place to work; wonderful hospital. Would highly recommend to anyone to work here. Benefits are excellent and everyone's hearts are in the right spot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location