Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2016
Great place to work; wonderful hospital. Would highly recommend to anyone to work here. Benefits are excellent and everyone's hearts are in the right spot.
Intern
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2016
I was an intern and did not work as an employee for this company. Therefore, can not give a viable opinion on what it is like to be an employee for this company.
Great Enviroment
Material Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2016
What I love most was being able to help people. I loved being able to move around the Hospital being in a Professional Enviroment. I enjoyed my Team and Learning New things
A good work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2016
good work/life balance;
can learn many skills;
nice and helpful colleagues;
good work environment/lab;
work distance from home to office
Lots of intellectual knowledge. Enjoyed being challenged to learn new skills.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2016
CCHMC is a large organization which is driven by research. It is a great place to learn and grow. I would gladly work there again. CICU is second to no other team in the hospital.
Pros
learning is greatly encouraged.
Cons
drive from Northern KY is rough
Loved helping patients
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2016
It is a great place to work if you love the fact that you are helping children and parents in their time of need in the hospital. It is a place that has great benefits and medical packages. I do feel with the HR department they tend to judge a book by it cover and loose out on a lot of great potential candidates. I feel that in order to get employed at the hospital you basically have to know someone who works there to get your foot in the door and that the application process due to that is a waste of time.
Pros
Can move around through different departments
Cons
HR department has discrimination issues to address
Loved my job of working with children
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2016
I loved working with the children and their parents. Making a child laugh was the best part of my day. I love the clinic that I worked for and the doctors that I worked along side.
Pros
Children and thier parents
Children's RN
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
The hardest part of the job was arriving to work everyday to be greeted by an almost entirely new group of abused children who had lived through atrocities I could barely understand.
Wonderful
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2016
amazing place to be a part of. tools to advance are provided. Everyone works together to make your job complete. I enjoy being a part of Childrens. The benefits are great.
Pros
wonderful
Cons
nothing
Research Recruiter
Research Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Paid internship
Researched adherence rates in children who have irritable bowel syndrome., using a Medication Event Monitoring System with a prescription bottle.
Recruited children for the study.
Administered surveys to determine eligibility in clients.
Collected data.
Performed clerical tasks, such as entering data, creating graphs, and editing papers.
Created a poster of the results that was displayed at a conference.
Pros
Great environment, feelings of accomplishment, paid student
Cons
temporary, far away, questionable area
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 8, 2016
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist! You get great behind the scene work with the therapists and the patients.
fun environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
fun environment to work in very fast pace does not work with a school schedule very strict on attendance. great pay long hours some overtime required
Great Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Co-Workers are great! A typical day is working 8- 4:30 pm. I like my job. I've learned a lot, meet some influential people. Needs more career advancement oppritunities.
great palace to work
Research Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2015
I move to Cincinnati at 2008, work as a research assistant full time since then. Learned a lot at work, great place to work and raise family.
Pay and benefits outstanding
LPN (Former Employee) –  PDNDecember 9, 2015
I worked for CCHMC for 8 years. They definitely have one of the best compensation packages around.

There were occasional issues with scheduling, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
compensation package
Cons
high cost of health insurance
One of the best places to work in the Mid-West
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2015
Cincinnati Children's is perhaps of the best places that I have ever worked. They pay a fair salary for the work that one does. I have had the unique opportunity to work not only with clinical staff but also non-clinical staff as well. Everyday I learn something new about not only my job but also humanity in general. I am truly lucky and blessed to be working at Children's.
Pros
The Staff makes the place shine, there is no better staff that I have ever managed or worked with.
Cons
There is a challenge if you are used to upward mobility and career pathing
Cultural and Educational Experience
Welcome Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2015
Upon my moving to Cincinnati, my position at CCHMC helped me learn about my new city quickly. I was immediately immersed into Cincinnati's enthusiastic culture, in addition to the vibrant dedication exuberated by CCHMC employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Positive Employer and co-workers
Cons
Sitting at a desk all day
N/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2015
N/A, I am not a big fan of working at Children's Hospital. The benefits are not the best and compensation is something to be desired.
Meeting the patients and interacting with is a plus
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH Main CampusNovember 22, 2015
Poor management who shows favoritism not enough workers there has been quite a few people who left since I started because of management and pay. We are very underpayed for all the work we have to do. They do not like for you to workplace advancement. Over all Children's is a nice place to work because your there for the children.
Pros
Interaction with the patients
Cons
Poor pay for all the work we do. Bad management. Favoritism and co workers can be very rude
Overall pretty decent place to work
Access service representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 4, 2015
For the most part Children's is a great place to work. It's pretty hard to move around because most managers don't want you leaving them since a lot of areas are short staffed. There's also a ton of rude co workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working with rude people