Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Proud to work here, but need a change
RN STAFF NURSE (endocrine floor) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
I love working at Children's, but have always worked nights. I need a day shift position and one with less weekends and holidays because of my husband's work schedule and having 2 small kids.
Proud to work here
Radiologic Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
Cincinnati Children's is a great place to work. I just do not have career advancement opportunity. The culture is very positive and I can say that I am proud to work here.
Extremely Disappointed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
Thought I landed the opportunity of a lifetime and I have just been miserable. Management, morale and just overall job satisfaction has been horrible. Benefits are being cut and severe cost cutting measures underway for the next several years.
productive and diverse culture
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
busy on a typical workday, i learned how to work under pressure and respected time with regards punctuality, responding to call promptly.
I loved the work culture and the diverse work environment.
The hardest part is keeping up with the incoming calls and responding to everyone at the same time. I loved how management treated everyone with respect and understanding.
Pros
free meals
Cons
healthcare
Wonderful Hospital
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work. Love working with families and children. Able to schedule shifts around family. My team is a group of wonderful nurses. Management within the hospital varies greatly between departments. Benefits leave much to be desired.
Love the People, need more hours
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
Love working for CCHMC, but need full-time employment. The people are great, and I like the team I work with. Love what I do. Interesting and challenging work place.
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
Working at Children's was one of my favorite job. I really enjoy working in their work place. It was well relaxed and fast paste. The work was not hard at all it made time go by really fast.
Summer Experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2017
While I worked as a student research assistant for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program, the employees in the department were very welcoming and helpful. A typical day at work required a lot of computer work with friendly faces. Getting around the hospital was simple, even with the construction that was being done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see patients and learn how much of an impact the employees in the department made in their lives.
Pros
Large and medium sized cafeterias, good food, great interior design
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2017
Overall Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a great place to work. My department was a very enjoyable, I enjoyed the interaction with the nurse and physician staff, patients but most of I enjoyed my co-works. The job was very exciting and challenging. The hardest part of my job is watching the patients in the ICU going through medical issues.
Pros
Great lunches and benifits
Cons
Parking
Best place for "Changing the Outcome"
Learning Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
One of the best places I worked for. Offers employees chances for training, furthering education, and advancements. The people you work with are friendly and qualified for the positions.
Benefits
Cons
Competitive
Changing lives through meaningful work at a top-rated children's hospital
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital embodies a cultural of changing the outcome together for patients and families. It is rewarding to go to work every day, knowing that lives are being impacted in meaningful ways. Children's Hospital offers a very competitive benefits package and provides multiple programs and incentives to employees. There has been recent changes in Sr. Leadership, but the organization as a whole remains committed to providing quality care at an affordable price.
Pros
Competitive compensation with industry standards, generous paid time off, pension plan, health incentives; onsite cafeterias
Cons
Recent increased turnover in Sr. Leadership; limited advancement potential
Fine place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2017
I worked at Cincinnati Children's Medical Center/Hospital several years ago and do not remember much about the experience overall. The compensation was fine, and the benefits were fine overall.
Surgical
Certified Surgical Technologist(CST)II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 30, 2017
it is a very busy place to work,management isn't to knowledgeable, long hours. I've learned a lot from this place. the surgeons are great for the most part.
Fantastic
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2017
CCHMC is a terrific employer. I'll be here until retirement if they'll have me! I'm a very happy employee. No place is perfect but I believe working at CCHMC is about as good as it gets.
High turnover rate for the department I worked for.
Sr. Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
I had the honor to meet some very nice visitors, employees. But unfortunately my department had a high turn over rate of employees, calling of sick with mandatory over time placed up on us.
Quality care and excceelent work life balance.
Primary Care RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2017
Excellent company encouragementt in career growth. Limited positions at the APRN level. Maybe in the future with growth of the practice and CCHMC business more job will be available.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough available work for APRN
Worked Psychiatry there. Beautiful group of people to work with
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229July 19, 2017
Love my co-workers and genuinely felt i was part of a team. Management was nice but had a lot on their plate. Staffing was horrible. In my experience, i was called just about everyday i was off to come work. Some days i was called, while already scheduled, to come work.
Pros
Work culture was amazing
Cons
Staffing
It's ok
Access Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
I use to work at children's hospital. I did like it at one point. Management needs some work. Pay increases need to be better. I feel like if someone in your department doesn't like you it can mess up any chance you have of advancement. It's ok. Needs work. There was always drama in my department.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, pay increases
Social Worker II/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2017
Good place to work but promotions are competitive and sometimes stressful. Management is good depending on what department you work in and the job responsibilities.
The staff was great
Hospital Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Children's. I was a great place to work and the managers were very helpful and always willing to listen and help make the work place more efficient.