Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Children's Hospital
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2016
It's an okay job, typing answering question and phone calls. Making appointments filling out paper work. the hardest part are the rude employees.
Horrible, exploitative research environment
Research (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2016
I can't say anything about the hospital side of Cincinnati Children's but I know the research side well. I would never recommend any talented young researcher to waste their time there. Children's research is decades behind. The faculty with their huge salaries are mostly talentless and unproductive, occasionally writing useless papers of zero value. The amount of waste that goes on in this place is unbelievable. When the money was plentiful they were all relatively harmless, but now the new administration is making it a little harder to get funding. When you throw together a bunch of talentless people and make them compete for an ever shrinking pot of money, and it's not surprising that abuse becomes likely. I know of at least two cases where supervisors basically stole the work of their talented research fellows, then fired those fellows without giving a second thought about their lives or careers. By the way, in both cases the supervisors were male and the fellows were female, which gives this place another interesting dimension. Speaking of gender issues, there are still whole departments without a single tenured female faculty member. I think one fellow also experienced serious harassment on the part of her boss and tried to complain to HR but that didn't help her at all and may have even harmed her further. Promotions for non-faculty are non-existent. If you get hired here as anything but faculty you will never become faculty, no matter how talented you are. in fact, talented people with good ideas are even less likely to get anywhere in this place as they  more... threaten the status quo and make unproductive tenured faculty look bad. Lots of good people have gotten frustrated and quit recently. Oh, and here's a piece of information HR will "forget" to tell you when they hire you: if you leave before you work for this place for 3 years you get exactly zero of their famous pension plan. So, advice to any talented researcher: avoid this place.  less
Pros
None if you want to do serious research
Cons
Just about everything (see my review)
insurance verification
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
I call insurance companies to get the medications they are giving to the patients paid for. I love my job. I am just looking for something part time to supplement my income until my husband gets his jobs together
Productive.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Productive, and professional work place. Excellant teamwork. Each day is different. Each day is busy, working with patients and families are challeging and rewarding.
Hardly enough pay & zero communication.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2016
Definitely not paid enough for the amount of work I did. Patients with contagious illnesses were often improperly isolated and I was constantly sick becuase other staff members were careless. Departments never knew when I was showing up to get a patient, no one communicated and I was always the one taking the blame when patients were late.
Pros
Made some friends, great benefits
Cons
Unfair compensation, very stressful
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229June 23, 2016
The only problem I had was the turn over rate in our department. But I loved my job and would still be there if it weren't for my health problems at the time.
Wonderful place to work
Respiratory Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
I loved my time at Children's. It was truly an honor and a wonderful place to start off in the medical field. Everyone who works there is happy to be there.
Management could of been better
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2016
the job itself was fine but it was ran by unprofessional people and had a high turnover rate and very short staffed. the pay was good and the time went by fast.
Pros
bonuses
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2016
Great place to work; wonderful hospital. Would highly recommend to anyone to work here. Benefits are excellent and everyone's hearts are in the right spot.
Intern
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2016
I was an intern and did not work as an employee for this company. Therefore, can not give a viable opinion on what it is like to be an employee for this company.
Great Enviroment
Material Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2016
What I love most was being able to help people. I loved being able to move around the Hospital being in a Professional Enviroment. I enjoyed my Team and Learning New things
A good work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2016
good work/life balance;
can learn many skills;
nice and helpful colleagues;
good work environment/lab;
work distance from home to office
Lots of intellectual knowledge. Enjoyed being challenged to learn new skills.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2016
CCHMC is a large organization which is driven by research. It is a great place to learn and grow. I would gladly work there again. CICU is second to no other team in the hospital.
Pros
learning is greatly encouraged.
Cons
drive from Northern KY is rough
Loved helping patients
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2016
It is a great place to work if you love the fact that you are helping children and parents in their time of need in the hospital. It is a place that has great benefits and medical packages. I do feel with the HR department they tend to judge a book by it cover and loose out on a lot of great potential candidates. I feel that in order to get employed at the hospital you basically have to know someone who works there to get your foot in the door and that the application process due to that is a waste of time.
Pros
Can move around through different departments
Cons
HR department has discrimination issues to address
Loved my job of working with children
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2016
I loved working with the children and their parents. Making a child laugh was the best part of my day. I love the clinic that I worked for and the doctors that I worked along side.
Pros
Children and thier parents
Children's RN
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
The hardest part of the job was arriving to work everyday to be greeted by an almost entirely new group of abused children who had lived through atrocities I could barely understand.
Wonderful
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2016
amazing place to be a part of. tools to advance are provided. Everyone works together to make your job complete. I enjoy being a part of Childrens. The benefits are great.
Pros
wonderful
Cons
nothing
Research Recruiter
Research Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Paid internship
Researched adherence rates in children who have irritable bowel syndrome., using a Medication Event Monitoring System with a prescription bottle.
Recruited children for the study.
Administered surveys to determine eligibility in clients.
Collected data.
Performed clerical tasks, such as entering data, creating graphs, and editing papers.
Created a poster of the results that was displayed at a conference.
Pros
Great environment, feelings of accomplishment, paid student
Cons
temporary, far away, questionable area
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 8, 2016
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist! You get great behind the scene work with the therapists and the patients.
fun environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
fun environment to work in very fast pace does not work with a school schedule very strict on attendance. great pay long hours some overtime required

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location