Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Enviroment
Material Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2016
What I love most was being able to help people. I loved being able to move around the Hospital being in a Professional Enviroment. I enjoyed my Team and Learning New things
Wonderful place to work
Respiratory Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
I loved my time at Children's. It was truly an honor and a wonderful place to start off in the medical field. Everyone who works there is happy to be there.
Management could of been better
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2016
the job itself was fine but it was ran by unprofessional people and had a high turnover rate and very short staffed. the pay was good and the time went by fast.
Pros
bonuses
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2016
Great place to work; wonderful hospital. Would highly recommend to anyone to work here. Benefits are excellent and everyone's hearts are in the right spot.
Intern
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2016
I was an intern and did not work as an employee for this company. Therefore, can not give a viable opinion on what it is like to be an employee for this company.
A good work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2016
good work/life balance;
can learn many skills;
nice and helpful colleagues;
good work environment/lab;
work distance from home to office
Great place to work if you are a clinician
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2015
Limited advancement opportunities for non-clinical practice professionals. Good institution for pediatric healthcare professionals.
Children's RN
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
The hardest part of the job was arriving to work everyday to be greeted by an almost entirely new group of abused children who had lived through atrocities I could barely understand.
Very rewarding when first hired, but departmental issues made the job miserable.
Pharmacy Intern II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
The department was too much politics. The training is great for student pharmacists and the peers I worked with were exceptional. Management for the most part including select lead pharmacists were business, politics, and staff dead last. I really do not believe they valued their employees nor did they listen to them.
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 8, 2016
A great job for anyone interested in becoming a therapist! You get great behind the scene work with the therapists and the patients.
Fast paced, enjoyable place to work
Health Information Management Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMay 4, 2012
During my time at Children's, a typical day included duties regarding the management of patient health information. At the time, the EPIC patient health information application was being implemented which meant a conversion from physical chart to uploading the information into the application's database for easier retrieval by health professionals. I learned a lot about HIPPA and other privacy regulations regarding PHI. The management there was always accessible and ready to help. The co-workers greatly contributed to an awesome work environment. The hardest part of my job was the meticulous nature in which each patients information was to be handled each day. I enjoyed the responsibility and accountability of overseeing such important information.
Pros
benefits, work environment, stability
Cons
advancement within department, vague job duties
Team player who thrives under pressure and utilizes extensive customer service, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
Financial Service Representative II Home Health (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Responsible for timely insurance notification, eligibility, obtain benefits, and handle precertification for all admissions, surgeries, and outpatient services including observation, special procedures and other selective outpatient testing in accordance with payor requirements including self-pay accounts.
Work with departments and outside entities to establish a positive working relationship that promotes cooperation and teamwork.
Communicate with Quality Management on a daily basis to ensure the appropriateness of accounts requiring precertification and follow-up by UR personnel. Work closely with Non-Sponsored Unit in the sharing of account information to minimize potential denials and aid in the financial assisting process. Maintain a communications network with physicians’ offices and payors to help obtain needed information and resolve problem accounts.
A Fabulous place to work
Coordinator - Cardiac MRI Program (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2015
I worked at CCHMC for almost 11 years and I loved it. The Heart Institute is a fabulous place to work and grow in your career. Never a dull moment.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a Great Place to Work for your Nursing Career
Registered Nurse II, CPN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2015
Overall, CCHMC is a great place to work. Disappointed though after 17 years of working there they won't let me cash in my EIB it gets deleted from my account. They offer tuition reimbursement benefits but come to find out since I'm moving d/t marrying a man who lives in Michigan that I have to pay back the last 12 months of tuition reimbursement they gave me. Does not seem like a benefit to me!
Pros
Growth, Profitable
Cons
Poor Dentist Benefits, If you leave they take away any benefits you acrrued while their.
great company, learned a lot.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioAugust 7, 2015
I feel like I've learned a lot here. Children's is a very diverse company that offers great professional growth opportunities for all of their employees.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, great coworkers, staff is efficient.
Cons
Not enough break time, holiday schedule, hours are long.
Great Place to work
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHAugust 12, 2015
As an Emergency Services Representative in the ED, I would work at various positions within the ED. These positions would include greeting patients/families as they first come to the ED and get them into the computer system to begin visit. I would do registration for the families that include verifying address information and billing. I would do admissions to various appointments that include infusions, direct admissions and sleep studies. I would arrive ambulances when they are bringing in emergency patients that need high attention. I would work with doctors and nurses to arrange transport and referrals to different locations, contact patients primary care providers and any other important medical information needed for patients.
Pros
Positive Enviorment
Cons
Not really any
Great team of individuals to work with
Customer Connections Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2015
I feel like I have a family at work, great pay ,group benefits. I really love this job and hope to grow within the company. PERFECT!!!
Compassionate place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator IV (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 24, 2014
Great place to work, with a very caring atmosphere. There are many opportunities for growth and a good work life balance.
Pros
flexibility, caring, good work life balance
Cons
salary may not be as competitive to corporate world
Hard work, and good people.
Food Service Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2015
I was very adaptable to whatever was needed. typically I would walk around the hospital taking the correct meal to the right patient after making it, also stocking and unstocking food whatever the product which sometimes would be in deep freezers. Working towards the front I would grill and take in food orders. In the back I would wash the dishes and picking up the used food around the hospital also taking food orders.
Great teaching and learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at CCHMC is non stop and busy. You definitely have to be prepared for anything because things can change and a matter of seconds. There is never a dull moment and I'm a witness to say you learn something new each day. This can be anywhere from a new way to do a procedure, a new way to prep, using new medical devices to how to take care of yourself. There is a lot of teamwork, including management, which ensure patient safety and good outcomes. The hardest part of the job is trying to find down time to get everything done within a small time frame so its all about time mangement. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is seeing the smiles on children faces even when times are tough for them.
benefits
Cons
facility is so big that its easy to get lost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.