Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Provides excellent health care to children
Manager of Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2017
CCHMC was a great place to work. Offered wonderful opportunities to grow and advance. Tuition reimbursement was excellent. Always working to provide excellent healthcare to children.
very productive and extremely busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2017
I would recomand this job to any who's looking for a job. at Children's Hospital medical Center they have friendly people and knows how to get the job done. I remember when i had to do too! many things at once besides playing with the children and do other things like paper work, mailings, lables, and etc etc but i've learned how to multi tasked
Pros
packed nor bought my lunch
Cons
mid break
Changing the Outcome
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Cincinnati Childrens is the number 3 children's hospital in American and it lives up to its expectations. The interdisciplinary teamwork is phenomenal and there is a definite sense of teamwork amongst all staff.
Proactive and Inspiring Workplace.
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2017
CCHMC is a record-setting company that believes in changing the outcome for all patients, families, and employees. I have gained a forever family with all of the individuals I work with.
Feeling of Family and Acceptance and interaction with Clients and Families
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center is a great place to begin and maintain a numerous careers. They provide additional ways in which you can develop professional as well as individual. You be come close with the patients and families and able to build great relations.
Great place to start in which you can network, obtain professional guidance, and even job shadow opportunities. There are, at times, overwhelming days and complicated situations, but knowing that you have been trained and provided with the best skills that can get you through the situation gives confidence. Being able to make the patients and smile, carry on regular conversations or even help those frustrated and angry leave with a smile on the face is the best part.
Friendly work environment
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Friendly work environment. Operates more like a business than a university, in regards to research. Has very high standards that could be viewed as superfluous compared to other environments, and can restrict the ease at which researchers work.
Okay place to work
Sr. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Would have been happier in a different department. Issues in the department where I worked. After I left, 16 others left. Human Resources was so concerned they called in a consultant to see what was going on.
Work Life
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Cincinnati Children's Hospital. It gave me experience in a lot of specialties. The people their are very helpful and friendly.
Good benefits, poor culture
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2017
CCHMC has changed so much over the last decade. It used to be a great place to come, plant roots, and grow in your career. Now, opportunities to advance are rare and some people are doing the work of two. Healthcare is in huge transition due to ACA so some of the struggles that Children's faces (keeping costs in control, etc) are not unique.

In my daily work, I had to worry about people in other departments complaining about me just doing my job (my role involved constant contact with other departments) - certain employees liked to complain just when they were asked a question. The person I reported to didn't have the discernment to separate valid complaints from these complainers, so this made me dread coming to work when I just wanted to do my job and help the families.

The benefits like good health insurance and a reliable schedule were positive.

However, after being harassed by someone I reported to - and a lackluster response by those in charge who failed to see the roots of the problem - I decided that my career here was over.

Conflicting priorities, multiple layers of people in charge, multiple people doing a similar job and giving employees directions, multiple people giving direction (with conflicting instructions), initiatives being rolled out at last minute (adding things for employees to do - with little or no time to ask questions) - things like this made my department very unpleasant to work in. PTO policy in my department was also not flexible and there were restrictions on when our time could be used.

Organization-wise, there is no sick time
  more... - vacation/holiday/sick time are all one bank, so if you get sick and call out, that is a demerit-type event. For infection control, I don't know why this policy has never been revamped given that sick employees should not be interacting with the children.

I can only recommend Children's as a place to receive care, not as a place for someone to build a career.
Pros
Medical insurance, reliable schedule
Cons
Communication, changing priorities, advancement
Great Place/ Poor Department
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2017
CCHMC is a great place to grow overall (as long as you are not in food service); however, the Food Service Department is very unorganized and lacks empathy for its workers. My experience was so terrible that I decided to leave the company all together. The employees gossip like crazy and are very unprofessional. Management only cares about a dollar, and has made this very clear to staff. Attendance is imperative because that is how they earn their dollar - which is understood being that it is a business. My problem is not being treated as a valued member of the team when we bust our bottoms so hard for the team. This has changed my outlook on working for another food service department in the future.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Too many to name.
Hostile Environment for Visiting Students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Worked for a six-month research rotation. I am not a Children's student and often was expected to contribute much more than many at my level are incapable of.
its a very positive focused and goal driven place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2016
I find it the level of management at CCHMC pretty impressive. It has very close group of talented and focused people which are interested in their jobs in a very positive manner.
Pros
Constant chance to interaction with highly talented people of their field
Cons
City is very dull
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2016
At Children's, you meet great people who are passionate about their work and the children they serve. I was able to advance a number of times during my tenure.
Pros
Children's is all about family and work balance
Cons
Short lunch breaks
N/a
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2016
Great benefits and room to expand in the company. Helpful staff and thorough training program. Convenient parking for employees. Offers wide range of learning opportunities.
Team and learning oriented
Manager of Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2016
Great team work. Opportunities for advancement. Great learning opportunities for medical personnel. Advancing technology aimed at improving patient care.
Awesome place to work, few options for advancement.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2016
Worked at Cincinnati Children's hospital as a research assistant. Had the luck of having an amazing PI. The vast majority of my time was spent on true research. The equipment and core services available are excellent. Help is always readily available and the environment is one of collaboration. The Negative for me is the lack of growth potential as a research assistant. I place most of the blame for this on myself in failing to understand the line of work I was entering into. Overall it has been a good experience.
Great Organization
Director, Managers of Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2016
Learned a great deal at CCHMC and met some amazing people while working there. Leadership always encouraged innovation and excellence in everything that we did.
Friendly Environemnt
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 11, 2016
I love coming to work each day, the people I work with and the people I meet make it that much more enjoyable on a daily basis. Getting to know some of the children who come in more frequently is a highlight of my day.
Good place would recommend
Vet Tech II Cage Wash (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2016
Children's hospital is a great place to work enjoyed my time there. I would recommend Children a place to work at with a lot of advantage and support to further your education career path.
Rigid work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2016
Good benefits and decent pay, management is not great. Budget cuts have made working here not nearly as exciting as it once was. Managers tend to get away with anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location