Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHAugust 12, 2015
As an Emergency Services Representative in the ED, I would work at various positions within the ED. These positions would include greeting patients/families as they first come to the ED and get them into the computer system to begin visit. I would do registration for the families that include verifying address information and billing. I would do admissions to various appointments that include infusions, direct admissions and sleep studies. I would arrive ambulances when they are bringing in emergency patients that need high attention. I would work with doctors and nurses to arrange transport and referrals to different locations, contact patients primary care providers and any other important medical information needed for patients.
Pros
Positive Enviorment
Cons
Not really any
Great place!
Linguistic Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Liberty CampusJuly 8, 2015
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is an excellent place to learn and grow as a professional and person. The environment is very culturally diverse, and motivating. The managers make the work environment fun. It is challenging to keep up with everyday work but, it is very gratifying since it is a job with such a beautiful purpose, to help kids feel and recover from their illnesses.
Pros
Cultural Diversity, Motivating, SupportiveTeamwork, Fun
Cons
Working as a Temp Hire
great palace to work
Research Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2015
I move to Cincinnati at 2008, work as a research assistant full time since then. Learned a lot at work, great place to work and raise family.
Hard work for little pay
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHOctober 25, 2015
Management, office politics, not enough pay, long shift hours, schedule, no place for advancement unless you participate in unfair advantages.
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees, management, compensation
Very low stress
EMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2015
I work at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. I manage all paramedic students that attend clinical rotations at our hospital. I also conduct the EMS education and coordinate joint trainings with other intuitions in the greater Cincinnati area. A big part of my job is follow up on patients that EMS has brought us and keep a good working relationship with these departments. I am also involved in devolvement of new education projects in Black Board. I work with Disaster preparedness for the hospital in training drills.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Lack of support sometimes
Growing and Thriving Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2015
The research for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital is very involved in making a difference to the community. The hospital setting is always seeking new ways to make money, cutting corners and trying to eliminate wasteful spending.
Pros
You meet new faces everyday
Cons
I wished the hiring and transfer setup was very different
High patient volume and fast paced environment
Emergency Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
A typical day a work could involve arriving patients that checked in to be seen at the emergency department, registering them, rounding on them (checking with the families to see if they needed anything), or sitting in the various teams assisting the clinical staff with patient care (calling pediatricians, setting up admissions for patients, paging sub-specialty doctors, etc). Second shift was generally the busiest, and Mondays were the worst day of the week in regards to patient volume. The hardest part of the job was having to register a family who is losing or has lost a child in the trauma bay. Death is always hard to deal with, but children dying is somehow worse.
great company, learned a lot.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioAugust 7, 2015
I feel like I've learned a lot here. Children's is a very diverse company that offers great professional growth opportunities for all of their employees.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, great coworkers, staff is efficient.
Cons
Not enough break time, holiday schedule, hours are long.
Very educational company
Patient and Family Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2015
I have loved my time working for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. This company has allowed me to grow professionally with the many opportunities they provide to employees.
Exciting place with talented, dedicated employees helping children live healthy lives worldwide.
Administrative Assistant, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2015
No 2 days were alike and always a learning experience with technology and new experiences. The most difficult part of the job was knowing when to say yes and when to day no with so many different audiences. Co-workers were very gifted and willingly shared their knowledge. The most enjoyable part was knowing that everything I did helped to improve children's health is some way.

Want to know more about Cincinnati Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a Great Place to Work for your Nursing Career
Registered Nurse II, CPN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2015
Overall, CCHMC is a great place to work. Disappointed though after 17 years of working there they won't let me cash in my EIB it gets deleted from my account. They offer tuition reimbursement benefits but come to find out since I'm moving d/t marrying a man who lives in Michigan that I have to pay back the last 12 months of tuition reimbursement they gave me. Does not seem like a benefit to me!
Pros
Growth, Profitable
Cons
Poor Dentist Benefits, If you leave they take away any benefits you acrrued while their.
Great place to work if you are a clinician
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2015
Limited advancement opportunities for non-clinical practice professionals. Good institution for pediatric healthcare professionals.
Very rewarding when first hired, but departmental issues made the job miserable.
Pharmacy Intern II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
The department was too much politics. The training is great for student pharmacists and the peers I worked with were exceptional. Management for the most part including select lead pharmacists were business, politics, and staff dead last. I really do not believe they valued their employees nor did they listen to them.
There is never enough people to cover the shifts so you are always working long hours by yourself
Laboratory Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2015
There is never any growth within departments. No good pay for long term employment. Its is a good place to start and develop skills but you will be looking for a new job within 5 years
Pros
they are all over the city so you can get to it easy
Cons
1) you are just a number., 2) It is all about what you can do for them., 3) They make rule only to be broken when they see fit
N/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2015
N/A, I am not a big fan of working at Children's Hospital. The benefits are not the best and compensation is something to be desired.
Excellent place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
This is an amazing place to work. It just gets better and better. They are committed to keeping their workforce trained and are always looking for ways to improve. Development of employees is very important.
Pros
Always willing to help develop employees
Cons
only 2 weeks paid time off when originally hired
Safety and Security of patients and staff
Protective Services Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2015
I monitored the entire campus for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital. I learned the importance of securty and what security means. Management was awesome. They listened to your concerns and updated you constantly on changes within the hospital. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was to helping others in need of help.
Pros
Job Security, great pay, first shift, benefits
Cons
No Cons
I love my Job!
Health Information Management Technician III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2015
I've been in the same department for 17 years! I have really matured working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center! I've learned how to accept constructive criticism, value and respect other feeling and lifestyle. I get along with everyone in the department I work in. Everyone is always professional. I enjoy working here! The most enjoyable part of the job is having a mission to focus on patient care.
Pros
Flexibility on the job
Cons
My pay is maxed.
RN (Former Employee) –  5642 Hamilton aveOctober 11, 2015
Fun work place with supportive coworkers. Love the kids and staff and all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who loved there job as well as you did.
CCHMC Summary
Sr. Service Desk Analyst/Problem Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2015
CCHMC is a good place to work. Your work can have direct impact on the health of children and can be very rewarding. EPIC was implemented at the hospital and has greatly increased the size of the IT Department.
Pros
you can make a difference in the lives of people
Cons
bad neighborhood, bad parking, lack of job mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location