Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
Great place to work, pay could be better. Management is great depending on the department. Advancement upon who you know. Best to network to be able to move up
Good company to work for working with kids.
Floor Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
This company is also a good company to work for when it comes to working with kids that are sick with life threatening illness. Some times you have your good days and sometimes you have your bad days not knowing if the children is going to be there when you come back to work the next day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Good if you are promoted from within
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229June 7, 2017
The clinical staff are passionate and dedicated to improving children's health and wellbeing. The support from the Anderson Center is world-class and very helpful
Unprofessional Management/Supervisors
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2017
This department is very dysfunctional and chaotic.The Supervisors and Specialist have very cut-throat practices. Very untrustworthy/dishonest leaders.
Pros
Parking Garage
Cons
Unprofessional Managers, Stressful Environment, Discrimination
Wonderful/supportive work place that wants the best for patients, families and staff
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2017
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a great workplace that allows for a strong work/life balance. Senior leadership is supportive of day to day work. The company works hard to support each of the employees.
Formula Room Specialist
FORMULA ROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioMay 31, 2017
We made individualized formulas for each and every patient.You had to work in a clean and sanitized environment.We had to deliver the formulas to the proper floors.You had a sense of value that you were able to help the patient and their families.
Pros
Enjoyment for helping our patients.
Student/Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2017
I am currently co-oping at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and seems like a great place to work. Everybody there seems very professional and easy to get along with.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Can get pigeon holed in a department.
Children
Patient Care Assistant & Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2017
I loved working, caring for, cuddling, playing with the children. They are why I picked this career. Treating the medically ill child with the same amount of love and attention as you would do a healthy child is very important in their life and development.
work life balance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
CCHMC promotes work life balance which is not true. The organization does not offer flexible scheduling and does not empower nurses to engage in honest conversations to assistant a unit to become efficient and a change agent. Management in certain departments are "hands off" and do not have any idea what is going on unit and out of touch with staffing needs. Many great RNs have left CCHMC for the lack of appreciation and not feeling "listened to."
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
No support from management. No work/life balance.
Nice office setting
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2017
Very friendly environment, structured for safety and as well as comfort. Fast paced, fun, knowledgeable, attentive, FOOD FOOD FOOD! The hardest part would be handling call time.
Fun working place
Cook/ stock and utility (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2017
Awesome place to work! Especially if you love kids. It's a great place to work because they really care about their patients employees and our familes
overall great experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
The nurses were very nice, and allowed the student nurses to get much needed experience. The atmosphere was also positive an welcoming. The patients also received great care.
Great team
Speech­Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
Largest department in the world. Research and growth oriented. Opportunity for specialization. Difficult work life balance as FTE. Staff works together as a family. Very supportive co-workers. Entry level pay.
Love my department
Clinical Researcher Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2017
I really love working with research. The people are pleasant. Management is supportive in professional growth and development. I would recommend others to work here.
Cchmc
CMA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this hospital and I feel as though I have learned a lot. Working so closely with RN's has really taught me a lot and is an experience I have not had elsewhere.
Very Stable Job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2017
The area that I worked in was very sad and I watched a lot of children pass away. Overall the job was good, stable work and it was consistent. I would work there again.
Great organization to work for, would return if able!
Veterinary Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2017
Cincinnati Children's was my work family for a couple of years from 2006-2008. Typical days included being productive in a collaborative team environment where management governed democratically and the culture was nimble, relaxed, and welcoming to all walks of life. The hardest part of the job was managing the high turn over with entry level positions and scheduling paid time off as we were critical personnel. The most enjoyable part of Children's was the culture and the people. The hardest part of the job was taking a non-profit salary that wasn't fully competitive. If I knew then what I know now though, I'd keep that lower salary and be grateful for the opportunity to work in such a culturally robust organization. I'd recommend working in Cincinnati Children's Hospital in a heartbeat.
Pros
Fantastic culture, noble cause, great people
Cons
Pay is from a non-profit...don't expect miracles.
Cincinnati Children's
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2017
I like working here. Lots of flexibility and good benefits. Some days are busy, some slow. Lots of different personalities but I like that. I would recommend working here.
Excellent medical facility
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2017
Cincinnati Children's provides an outstanding environment for children facing complex medical issues. The facility is highly supportive of families and encourages parental involvement. Staff are also supported to a great extent and their concerns are addressed in a thorough and timely fashion.
Pros
Great benefits backage/discounts/healthcare/HSA
Cons
High turnover rate, pay not commensurate for experience, not much room for professional advancement unless a degree is earned, management could improve on resolving employee concerns
Great place to work and learn
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2017
Clinic starts at 8am; along with the nurses we prepare clinic. Multidisciplinary team so there are a lot of bodies in one area. Help with time managements, getting providers in rooms in a timely manner. Appoints last up to 3 hours clinic in only in the morning and we see average 12 patients.