Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Hospital works hard to improve employee satisfaction and patient outcomes
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Hospital works hard to improve employee satisfaction and patient outcomes.
Nice Place
ACCESS SERVICE REPRESENTIVE II (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Love the job and workplace, just in need of a more family friendly setting
Great coworkers, horrible Policies
Nurse (Current Employee), CincinnatiFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management not readily available, flexibility with time off, pto, expensive healthcare
I was hired on and I knew for the most part about some of the policies. It wasn't until I was there 2 months that I found out about their time off/PTO policies. They give you 24 days of PTO per year, this is at 0.0923 PTO earned per hour worked. That sounds wonderful...at first. Holidays are taken off the top out of your earned PTO, there is no separate Holiday bucket. I was hired around the holidays so this was a problem. I was in the negative for a while due to holidays. You do not get this all at once, it is earned as I said per hour worked. They have about 9 holidays per year. Once you start earning PTO again, if there are cancelled clinics, they make you use your PTO for those cancelled clinics. Yes you heard me. They make you use your PTO when a doctor wants to take time off. You can't choose to use it or not, they force you to use it to meet your FTE whether that be full time 40 hours at a 1.0. Say you don't have PTO because of holidays taking it or cancelled clinics and you need off due to a sickness or vacation, don't count on it. They will decline your vacation, and if you take off, give you an occurrence for your absence. You only get 5 occurrences per year before a write up. You can't just say I don't want to use my PTO for the cancelled clinic, they make you use it. By the time the year is over, you've worked everyday with no time off because you're afraid to take off or you may lose your job and you're exhausted. That's not much fun and not family oriented around the staff that's here day in and day out. If you like vacations and time off, look elsewhere!
Enjoy my job, great Executive Leadership
Sr. Executive Asst. to Sr. VP- Medical Operations (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great working realationship with senior management
Working for an MD who is also an a member of the Leadership team is different everyday.
Productive and fun place with friendly people
Patient Escort (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2014
In a typical day it can be very busy and crowed with people in need of some type of service. At children's I have learned more about how to care and communicate with people I don't know. The management is excellent. The co-workers are very friendly and everyone treats each other with respect. The hardest part of my job is have to take a dead individual to the morgue. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
Best place to work
Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2014
There aren't enough good things I can say about working at Children's. If you get a job there, you will want to stay.
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2014
Great place to work but undergoing a lot of transitions right now; management micromanages and staff are cliquey.
teacher (Current Employee), CincinnatiJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: many good people i work with
Cons: management and hr policies and practices
I enjoy my job, my co workers, parents and children. All Wonderful! The problem is policies when you need time off. You are permitted 5 times per year before you get a write up or written warning. However, all unplanned absences absences are unexcused no matter what. Even if you have something contagious and should not be there with a doctor note it counts against you. Terrible policy because employees come to work sick, they are scared they will lose their job. This puts all the children and families we serve at risk. This does not put Children and families first as Children's Hospital advertises.
Good job with a good work environment.
Lead Family Financial Advocate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not much room for advancement
CCHMC is a good place to work with very friendly coworkers. There is not much room for advancement though.
What a great place to work and earn and grow!
Clinical Director of Emergency Department (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2013
My experience at CCHMC was very positive. Although I was only there for two years, I learned much about how to function and thrive in a complex academic medical center setting. I am proud of the initiatives that I brought forth while there.
Stressed out Number Three in the Nation
Former slave to the great third in the nation (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits. humana is excellent.
Cons: punitive co-workers.
The entire staff is stressed out, and they are willing to throw each other under the bus in order to meet their own needs. I learned that I won't work for a boss that is scared of the medical center across the street. I want my boss to stand up for me, to support my goals, not simply survive to meet his! My co-workers said they would collaborate, but if you work this shift, you'll never see them, and they really really just want to keep it all to themselves. This job position requires being awake during the day and working at night, so prepare yourself for catching a few zzzs after your shift, then going to the required event, then coming back to work. Don't forget to shower. That is how your week will be. Don't spend much on where you live, but make your bedroom great, because that's the only room you'll ever use with the way this job is designed.

February 22, 2014

they have reposted this job. Why would someone with a national certification want to work at night?

Great Work Environment and Fun Staff
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 23, 2013
Cincinnati Children's is a great work environment. Employees are always smiling in the halls and having fun with each other. My department in particular works very hard to accomplish good service to the patients and nursing staff but we also know how to balance work and fun to save our sanity. I have learned a lot on how to work with a team and how to effectively communicate with co-workers and management so as not to offend anyone. Overall Cincinnati Children's is there for patients first and foremost but they are also there for you to improve your skills and education.
Great place to work!
Teacher I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2013
Provide sensory and language activities, dramatic play, music, art and mathematics. Teach positive problem solving, help children become more self-sufficient, and provide a loving environment.
great environment to work!!
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee), Township of Liberty, OHNovember 21, 2013
co-workers and other employees were always willing to help and answer questions when able. managers where easily available if you had any questions or concerns.
nice place, good benefits, friendly and nice peope, like a family
Office Volunteer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2013
It is a very good place to work. No discrimination and people work together like a family. the workers and there for each other.
good place to work
PCA (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
Pros: helping children
Cons: does not accomodate school schedules
clean the unit, great co-workers, teamwork, helping children through crisis.
Nice place to work
Transporter/Material Management (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
Nice place to work, very family oriented. Love what i did at my job.
Excellent
Senior Administrator for Division of Neurosurgery (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: work for the #3 pediatric hospital in the world
Cons: personal growth
- Support and manage the Division Chief of Neurosurgery and its academic daily operations
- Maintain calendars, travel, weekly meetings, expenses, credentialing and licensure
- Schedule OR cases for the Division Chief
- University of Cincinnati liaison
- Coordinator and liaison to the fellowship and resident program
- Patient relations liaison
-Organize and plan space moves
- Maintain and track legal data for medical reviews
- Maintain the department monthly call schedule for faculty and fellow
- Maintain and implement the call schedule for all faculty and clinical providers
- Maintain and coordinate the surgery case log for all clinical providers
- Interim team leader and mentor for the academic staff
- Maintain office updates and daily communication for safe patient handoff
- Resource for department office technologies- hardware and software
-Kronos payroll for the department including time away/coverage
-Maintain education RVU tracking
-Epic user trained
- Oversees special events, programs and symposiums
- Facilitates implementation of O.R. start time with the Chief of Division and educates the staff
Big organization.
IT staff (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2013
Big organization. a lot of medical staffs. A lot of structure and not quite centralized.
Great place to work!
Clinical Research Project Leader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2013
I worked here for 8 years and thought it was an excellent institution. Clear strategy for success and better than average management.

About Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health – Read more

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Salaries