Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Very low stress
EMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2015
I work at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. I manage all paramedic students that attend clinical rotations at our hospital. I also conduct the EMS education and coordinate joint trainings with other intuitions in the greater Cincinnati area. A big part of my job is follow up on patients that EMS has brought us and keep a good working relationship with these departments. I am also involved in devolvement of new education projects in Black Board. I work with Disaster preparedness for the hospital in training drills.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Lack of support sometimes
Very rewarding when first hired, but departmental issues made the job miserable.
Pharmacy Intern II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
The department was too much politics. The training is great for student pharmacists and the peers I worked with were exceptional. Management for the most part including select lead pharmacists were business, politics, and staff dead last. I really do not believe they valued their employees nor did they listen to them.
Very educational company
Patient and Family Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2015
I have loved my time working for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. This company has allowed me to grow professionally with the many opportunities they provide to employees.
RN (Former Employee) –  5642 Hamilton aveOctober 11, 2015
Fun work place with supportive coworkers. Love the kids and staff and all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who loved there job as well as you did.
Great place!
Linguistic Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Liberty CampusJuly 8, 2015
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is an excellent place to learn and grow as a professional and person. The environment is very culturally diverse, and motivating. The managers make the work environment fun. It is challenging to keep up with everyday work but, it is very gratifying since it is a job with such a beautiful purpose, to help kids feel and recover from their illnesses.
Pros
Cultural Diversity, Motivating, SupportiveTeamwork, Fun
Cons
Working as a Temp Hire
Great and fun place to work at
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2014
Roles & Responsibilities

 Wrote code for middleware enhancements to the i2b2 using Java Web Services created within Apache Axis and Axis 2 Frameworks.
 Wrote code for front-end enhancements to the i2b2 using the RichFaces Framework.
 Wrote code for front-end enhancements to the Consent Management System using the RichFaces Framework and Hibernate.
 Developed web forms using XFORMS and ODM technologies for the following registries developed at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital: Liver and Eosinophilic GastroIntestinal Disorders,
 Prototyped and Developed several enhancements to the ImproveCareNow registry.
 Developed HTM/CSS-based reports using the open source Java-based BIRT framework.
 Set up Eclipse/Tomcat/JBOSS environments for development and testing for i2b2.
 Used WSDL and XSD files to describe the Web Services and their content.
 Used Apache Axis and Axis 2 APIs to support the creation and processing of SOAP and REST messages, maintenance of user sessions, and management of valid operations provided by the Web Services.
Pros
nice interaction with uc
Cons
no room for advancement
A nice place to work at
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2015
Children's is a great place to work for, it is easy to move up within the company. I worked 3rd shift which wasn't all that, but it worked out.
Children
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2015
Good job to have lots of room for career advancement, route guideline made driving easier. Passengers were nice and often offered information regarding Children Hospital needs
Pros
air condition buses
Cons
paid biweekly
Very promising and productive place to work for
LPN IV CRC II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioJuly 21, 2015
I love Children's Hospital. They are very flexible and family oriented. There are also many opportunities for advancement.
Love students
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  DDBPOctober 8, 2015
It had a great learning atmosphere while I was there as a student. People where great to work with. Organized and friendly staff
Working
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2015
Working at Children's have been a great experience I love working with kids. I like to see kids recover and do well and go home and be with there family.
Pros
Working with children
Growing and Thriving Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2015
The research for Cincinnati Childrens Hospital is very involved in making a difference to the community. The hospital setting is always seeking new ways to make money, cutting corners and trying to eliminate wasteful spending.
Pros
You meet new faces everyday
Cons
I wished the hiring and transfer setup was very different
An educational, eye-opening laboratory experience.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2012
I truly enjoyed the time that I spent working in the Immunology/Allergy research sector of CCHMC. It was an opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life, and of different cultural perspectives. I learned a great deal with regard to research regulations and practice, and I found that a large part of the knowledge I obtained as an undergraduate science major was largely applicable to the work I performed. As a result, I feel that I am a highly competent and committed student, employee, and have the confidence to approach any position with an open and inquisitive mind.
Pros
cultural diversity, flexible schedule, intellectually stimulating, beneficial to my career interests, an opportunity to discuss and examine the teachings i learned as an undergraduate student
Cons
low pay, interesting though sometimes tedious workload
A wonderful experience
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2013
I was privilaged to work here has a travel nurse for a little over two years. I was as happy with them as they were with me and kept renewing my contract. I was a staff RN in the oncology/ BMT unit. I was responsible for patient care and administration of chemo and blood products. This is a truly remarkable facility. The hardest part was driving back and forth every day to work there. The mose enjoyable was making a difference and being there for so many individuals. Most of my nurisng career was spent floating as part of a resource pool. I usually did not spend much time in any one area. Working here for two years I was able to get very close to several children that I lost. So dealing with that was very difficult at times.
Pros
everything
Cons
drive back and forth
Exciting place with talented, dedicated employees helping children live healthy lives worldwide.
Administrative Assistant, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2015
No 2 days were alike and always a learning experience with technology and new experiences. The most difficult part of the job was knowing when to say yes and when to day no with so many different audiences. Co-workers were very gifted and willingly shared their knowledge. The most enjoyable part was knowing that everything I did helped to improve children's health is some way.
Wonderful educational and cultural experiences everytime I worked
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2012
Working for Cincinnati Childrens hospital has allowed me so many educational experiences. Being ranked the # 3 Childrens hospital they get patients from all over the world with many different religious and cultural backgrounds. This has allowed me to use my critical thinking skills many times to figure out how to care for a patient while respecting their values and beliefs. Working for this company has allowed me to care for many disorders and diagnosis I would not normally be able to care for at other smaller hospitals. The educational experiences and knowledge I have gained from working here is immeasurable. The people I worked with were all friendly. The management was wonderful. Every floor I worked on the floor all worked as a team.
Pros
wonderful people, lots of educational experiences, caring work environment
teacher (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoy my job, my co workers, parents and children. All Wonderful! The problem is policies when you need time off. You are permitted 5 times per year before you get a write up or written warning. However, all unplanned absences absences are unexcused no matter what. Even if you have something contagious and should not be there with a doctor note it counts against you. Terrible policy because employees come to work sick, they are scared they will lose their job. This puts all the children and families we serve at risk. This does not put Children and families first as Children's Hospital advertises.
Pros
many good people i work with
Cons
management and hr policies and practices
Productive, collaborative and innovative environment. Great job culture and co-workers!
Financial Analyst, James M. Anderson Center (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy and can be very intense if working on a budget deadline. I have learned how to further improve my time management, collaborative skills and budgeting skills. My co-workers are very fun to work with and very serious when we need to be. Always willing to help one another and encourages everyone is working to their fullest potential. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing essential daily tasks with tasks that have a deadline associated with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I get to make a difference in improving the quality of life for all children suffering from an illness.
Wonderful coworkers/ Horrible management
Clinical Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2012
Cincinnati Children's has gone from a family centered care for patients AND employees to a big corporation that has no concern for work/home life balance. The managers were not held up to the same expectations as staff. The coworkers are what make Cincinnati Children's a great place to work but with managers that have no clue and are not willing to help out in poor staffed or high census times many employees are getting burnt out and leaving. I LOVED the patient population.

The facility even would do studies to improve employee satisfaction but there would never be any change or improvement and the surveys were a big waste of time.
Pros
teamwork with amoungst staff
Cons
poor management
Protective Services (Security) Department AWFUL.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati Childrens HospitalDecember 26, 2012
Management awful, Supervisors just as awful, some co-workers in Protective Services were alright to work with, others were downright lazy, complaining about having to do anything. A few were playing the FMLA game and taking 12 weeks off per year in conjunction with off days/vacations. Unqualified people being promoted happened all too often at the expense of others who were more educated and qualified. Others had the attitude that they were "owed" something, I wont elaborate but use your common sense and you will know what I am referring to. Just glad I had the sense to get the hell out of there on my terms. Worst position I have ever held.
Pros
a few good people i met.
Cons
everthing else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews by Location