Cincinnati Eye Institute

Cincinnati Eye Institute Employer Reviews

Opportunity to learn about ophthalmology
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2013
Low stress work environment at this location. Limited opportunity for professional growth/advancement.
Dedicated to providing superior eyecare services by retaining the best team of eyecare surgeons and staff.
Patient Intake Scheduler II (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2012
Pros: promotes healthy lifestyles/company activities and company goals
Cons: 1/2 hr lunches and no 15 minute breaks
A typical day at Cincinnati Eye Institute in the Patient Intake Department is answering all incoming phone calls.We are the call center and scheduling department for over 50 doctors with over 18 locations. We receive calls from patients/prospective patients/ referring doctors and hospitals. We make appointments/reschedule appointments/triage eye symptoms/traumas – more... and send messages to the appropriate doctors and staff.
I learn more each day about eye symptoms and diseases through calls and speaking with patients', doctors' and staff.
My co-workers are very reliable and communicate important information required in problem solving.
The most difficult part of the job is taking care of problems in a timely manner. Many calls can take more than 3 minutes to solve, as other members of the CEI staff may need to be contacted. Our goal is to help the caller within 3 minutes and move on to the next call.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting our patients/doctors/staff with problems. It is a very intense job,but very rewarding. – less