Cincinnati Eye Institute Employee Reviews

Long hours while burning employees out
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
No support from management. Pay is very low compared to other ophthalmic companies. No lunch breaks. There is no flexibility on hours or taking time off.
Great place to work and learn about ophthalmic field
Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHAugust 8, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. On the job training, interesting work. Depending on who you work for, the doctor can be pretty strict and high-energy, or laid back and slow. The office was far away (90 minutes) and they weren't the most understanding when you would run late (guilty). I had kids and they were somewhat flexible with my schedule. You had to have a late night which meant you could be at the office until 5p, like everyone else, or stay until 9 or beyond--it just depended on the day. Often, you wouldn't find out until that evening how late you would stay. They would change my schedule without consulting me. In that way, I did not feel like they really respected what it meant to have young children and how a schedule was important. It was also full of people who were catty, but just stay away from them.
Pros
benefits, interesting job, learned a lot.
Cons
stressful, unpredictable schedule.
Not a secure job
Tech (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 7, 2017
I was brought in one day a just told not needed anymore. I never missed work and done my work ever day. I found out they just wanted to hire a friend of a friend.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Managment, not well trained
Great place
Patient Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 31, 2017
CEI offers employees opportunity for advancement. They promote healthy living. I have had the privilege of working with a great team. There is opportunity to transfer to different departments and grow within the company.
Productive and competitive
Technician/Scribe/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 21, 2016
Loved working here. Great staff and Doctors; very competitive; great training. Helped with advancement as far as test taking for certifications and continuing education credits. Hardest part of the job was the long hours some days, each day was different so you didn't know what time you would be off work.
Stable, challenging opthalmology practice
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Started out as front-desk receptionist, promoted to Office Manager. The practice was a satellite office with 7 ophthalmologists on site on various days through the week. Very busy, challenging work. The most enjoyable part of the job of course was helping our patients with their eye needs. The doctors were exceptional in their care.
Pros
Stable work environment, serving patients
Cons
Office politics
Opportunity to learn about ophthalmology
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2013
Low stress work environment at this location. Limited opportunity for professional growth/advancement.
Dedicated to providing superior eyecare services by retaining the best team of eyecare surgeons and staff.
Patient Intake Scheduler II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2012
A typical day at Cincinnati Eye Institute in the Patient Intake Department is answering all incoming phone calls.We are the call center and scheduling department for over 50 doctors with over 18 locations. We receive calls from patients/prospective patients/ referring doctors and hospitals. We make appointments/reschedule appointments/triage eye symptoms/traumas and send messages to the appropriate doctors and staff.
I learn more each day about eye symptoms and diseases through calls and speaking with patients', doctors' and staff.
My co-workers are very reliable and communicate important information required in problem solving.
The most difficult part of the job is taking care of problems in a timely manner. Many calls can take more than 3 minutes to solve, as other members of the CEI staff may need to be contacted. Our goal is to help the caller within 3 minutes and move on to the next call.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting our patients/doctors/staff with problems. It is a very intense job,but very rewarding.
Pros
promotes healthy lifestyles/company activities and company goals
Cons
1/2 hr lunches and no 15 minute breaks