Cincinnati Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

amazing workplace
Casualty Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The company really takes care of its employees and makes you feel like you are part of a family. I felt very at home and comfortable in my work enviroment.
Cincinnati Financial Corporation
IT TESTER (Current Employee) –  cincinnatiAugust 22, 2017
CFC is a company that was a gateway for me to enter the insurance business. The company is fantastic and my internship was more than great. The people were great and the time spent was fantastic.
Productive place, team playing
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 1, 2017
This company offered great benefits, personal sick days, vacation days. They offered movement up in the company and classes and training to earn certificates. Offered company picnics, ordered in lunch for the whole company for Thanksgiving, gave bonuses, and half days off to go shopping.
Pros
Free cafeteria lunch
Cons
Na
Had bad experience on a Contract position
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Had Several Problems did not joy the my time there. Employees had an overall negative attitude.
Overworked and Underpaid
Insurance Underwriter-Personal Lines Division (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 22, 2014
Consistently hire managers based on cronyism, nepotism. Most significantly micro-manage. Limited advanced opportunities, pay well below industry average. Going through process of instituting increasingly difficult metrics whereby make it most impossible to attain, and chasing away many good employees in the process. Hiring many new graduates that receive lesser pay.

General sentiment is that you've settled for job security and sacrificed higher pay in remaining at this company. That extends to all jobs within the company. Uptight, stuffy culture. Co-workers are great but your work duties do not allow as much interaction as you would like.
Pros
On site soup and salad bar, matching 401K
Cons
Management, lesser pay for security, lack of advancement
Work hard get nowhere
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiJuly 27, 2014
As long you fit the mold, no matter how little you actually do, you can get hired and move up. The hard workers are overlooked if they are not with in crowd.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
High school culture
Not enough pay rate for a Temp!
Contractor/Temp (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I love working here, but I'm not in High School. I need a real salary!
Pros
Employees get taken care of with discounts on food.
Cons
Temps get nothing; not worth the drive over there.
Great place to work, hard working and helpful employees and management
Commercial Lines Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2012
-Each day varies depending on the need of our independent agents. Usually a typical day consists of processing renewal policies and colaborating with our agents in delivering a top-class customer service experience for our clients.
-My co-workers are very knowledgeable as they have worked in the insurance industry for many years. They are very helpful and offer their expertise whenever I need it.
-The hardest part of the job is handling the many responsibilities and expectations of our agents. It can be very difficult to keep up with processing all of the renewal policies as there are many other responsibilities in addition to renewal policies.
Pros
employee benefits, community discounts, furthering education classes, frequent team-building opportunities
Cons
high stress-level; not enough time to get work done in 8 hours each day
Good place to learn and work.
J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2012
Good place to learn and work,I learned how to manage time with agile methodology ,good environment ,the tasks were really challenging.
Pros
free lunch
Changes to Culture
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2012
Many years I enjoyed working at Cincinnati Financial; however over the past couple years there have been major culture changes. These changes have influenced my decision to explore other options.
Growth Opportunity
Commercial Lines Policy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioFebruary 19, 2012
Cincinnati Financial Corporation is a great place to work. There is great potential for growth opportunities with this company. They value their employees and also have tuition reimbursement.
Pros
free lunches