Cincinnati Insurance Company Employee Reviews

best place in the worl d to work.
Field Claims Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
I have been with the company for 18 years and have no plans of leaving. I am simply looking for a part time job. This is the best place in the world to work. They treat me well. It is the best place I have ever worked.
The company has changed
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 11, 2016
What was formerly the best insurance company in America to work for has quietly and quickly become far worse with significant management changes over recent years.

The accountants are now seemingly running the show and with a business model that makes relationships with independent agents leaves many employees exposed to bullying and strong-arming by the less that reputable agents.

The benefits remain excellent. The pay is good but is suddenly not keeping pace with local competitors that pay same or more for far less stress and workload.

I believe the archaic multi-line claims professional model has finaly hit the wall at CIC. Even though they expect field reps to handle nearly all personal and commercial losses in their territory, the field rep is still overseen by HQ management that specializes only in injury, property or auto.

I believe great changes are coming.I hope they are proactive and make working at CIC the best opportunity again. If not, the changes will be by field personnel making quality-of-life decisions and leaving the company.
Pros
Great benefits and 401(k)
Cons
Workload stresses. Antagonistic relationships with agents and new management.
I thoroughly enjoyed doing this field work, however there was limited opportunity for advancement and the pay was low.
Senior Loss Control Consultant - Richmond, VA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2015
A typical day in the field involved traveling to insured/prospect locations to interview clients and review loss control measures. My territory was from Staunton to NC.
Pros
Exciting field work
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement, low pay, extended hours
You can move up in the company fast
Receptionist Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJune 15, 2015
I started working there as a file clerk and within 3 years I moved up 4 times to a receptionist for 3 insurance men. I would answer and take messages. Input new insurance policies. Photocopied files and did faxes and emails.
Pros
Yuo can move up in the company fast
Cons
mother got sick so I had to put in 2 weeks notice
Monotonous
Senior Contract Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2013
I'm on the phone 50% of the day with agents working with accounts we already service or trying to put new business on the books. Reviewing financial statements takes up most of my day making sure our contractors are financially sound and bondable. Mgmt is mostly the problem with not very many opportunities to advance and needing more of a challenge. Co workers are great, they're like a second family. The hardest part of the job is probably getting information from our agents. The most enjoyable part is visiting with our accounts and getting to know them on a personal level.
Opportunites
Policy Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 5, 2012
Cincinnati Insurance Company gives the employees an oppoutunity to self educate themselves by having an education department.
Great Experience
Sr. Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 11, 2012
Great training. Great experience. Very customer orientated. Doed not pay well.

Cincinnati Insurance Company Reviews by Location