Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work on surface - inside constant chaos
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 11, 2016
The Asset Management Dept. here is the worst department to work for overall. Training is little to none.The shadow method is used without any formal follow-up. The management lacks professionalism in treating employees with respect and dignity. The work/life balance is a joke. The initial venture seems good until you become a part of the company.
Pros
Extra days off, Employees
Cons
Management, Culture
Challenging Environment
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2016
The environment is very fast paced with short staffing making it very stressful to work here. Work / life balance is a challenge.
Pros
Great Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance
If your a woman don't apply for a field rep position they won't hire you
contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati area field inspectorJanuary 3, 2016
I worked in the field of property inspections for 5 years, then contracted with cmha, when a full time position opened and my contract was finished I noticed they had no female field reps. I applied for the position I had been doing for 2 years and I didn't get the job. Now my performance was perfect, but I was truthful on every assignment and they weren't happy, I wasn't suppose to fail the properties like the job called for. So like I said if your dedicated to do a great job, and your a woman, don't even try to get a field job with them. If your a man, take the job fill out the assignment in your car instead of going in the property, and you'll get 10 years on the job before you get caught. lol
Pros
Good work days
Cons
Male based field job
An asset to the community
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2015
One of the largest providers of affordable housing opportunities in Ohio, supporting self-sufficiency of clients through a variety of programs and community partnerships.
A fun place to work
Project Planner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2015
good place to work. good people there. is this 20 words yet? how about now? OK. I can continue typing more words

my co-workers are fun
Small agency with a large number of participants.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2014
Employees are very cooperative and try very hard to provide quality services.
Housing Authority
Property Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2014
Good place to work, mutli-tasking and manager skills, opportunity for growth
Pros
extra days off
Cons
no free lunch
Working at the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2013
Working for Cincinnati metropolitan housing authority was ok. l liked my co workers.
Traditional old business work place
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2013
•Provide career management services to Public Housing Residents with a focus on helping customers obtain employment.
•Responsible for administering career development initiatives and activities that include interaction with a development staff of specialists to develop job recruitment and retention strategies.
•Duties include a combination of the following intake, interviewing, eligibility verification, referrals to supportive services, employer services, career coaching, job search and orientation/classroom instruction, and regular follow-up in executing client's individual employment plan.
• Facilitates customer access to supportive services, social services, training, education, and employment services, as well as job search mechanics such as: Job search techniques, Resume writing, and Interview Skills.
• Assesses client aptitude, values, interest inventories and training needs in assessing job readiness and preparing client for entry/re-entry into the workforce.
•Serves as a liaison with instructors, businesses and other client resources.
I was the Assistant Manager of Inspections
HCV Inspections Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2013
It is a good place overall. The only drawback is management culture there.
My day at CMHA
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2012
Even though I wasn't there that long,I felt that my co-workers saw how hard I worked and how much that I wanted to learn. It was never about the money,it was about getting the job done.
steady work physical demanding
Landscaping Specialist (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohioMay 4, 2012
a typical day cleaning flower beds trimming brushes plainting trees co workers were great the hardest part of job on 90 degree days most enjoyable part helping people
Pros
company truck tools
Cons
lunch breaks varies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6