Cincinnati Police Department Employee Reviews

City of Cincinnati
City Of Cincinnati Ohio Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2016
I enjoy interacting with citizens of the community. Helping problem solve issues in the community. I learned that it is best to give people options when able to.
Pros
working with the community
Rewarding but dangerous.
Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2015
The job has new challenges with each service call received. A typical day as an officer consist of report writing, paroling the neighborhood assigned that addressing any issues related to public safety. I learned from day one the job is very dangerous and you must be aware of whats going on around you at all times. Close attention to detail is a must, your life and others depend on you making the correct decision in seconds. The ability to communicate with all types of people is key component in this job. Each officer depends on each his cover car to help defuse and or watch their back while engaged with a hostile/ non-hostile suspect. One of the hardest part of the job was finding a young teenager shot in the head and holding him as his life expired. I enjoyed working with the kids and the elderly, their the most vulnerable and truly need officer who care to check in with them. A five minute conversation goes a long way.
Pros
bring able to help those who can't help themselvies
Cons
One mistake can cause you to loose you life
Motivated and rewarding work environment
Police Officer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at my internship entailed working with local elementary school kids to improve their abilities in school. We would go into the local schools and pull out certain kids that were in need of extra assistance and work through certain activities with them. While working through the activities with them we were able to gauge the children and also help with any social issues that the child may endure. These could include misbehavior and why they act and react the way they do, talk with them about their home lives, or just to show them by working hard and going to college like us interns they could create a better life for them and their families. My co-workers and I were all highly motivated to help these children and took the job very seriously. The most challenging part of the job was getting through to the children and having them understand that if they do not make an effort then change will be hard to come about. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids faces light up in the mornings that we were at the schools to help them, also the rewarding aspect of the job seeing the program making a difference in the kids lives was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Rewarding in a non financial way, positive outlook on the community, building interpersonal relationships that can last a lifetime
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Amazing department with a lot of hard working people. Great pay and benefits as well. Highly Recommend to anyone looking to go into the law enforcement field.
friendly environment
Safe Street Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2015
i was an intern at this company so i didnt have much time for advancement but the environment was friendly. they changed several times of who was in charge and expanding the company.
Pros
friendly
Cons
Ever changing environment. Fast Paced.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2014
There is no typical way at work. It keeps you alert and focused of your surroundings. But, it also makes you proud to serve your community to make a positive difference. I have learned and still learning patience and understanding of others. The hardest part of this career or any career is work with co-workers who are so disgruntled about their jobs. You have to enjoy what you do each day. Faith is what guides me.
A high-risk,, stressful and productive job.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2013
It a very rewarding work-place that allows you to be a service to people in need.
Pros
helping and meeting people.
Cons
long hours and stressful.
Productive work environment that is a highly respected faction in the United States.
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2012
While interning at the Cincinnati Police Department it was a honor to have the opportunity to do so. Learning from highly skilled officers and higher officials it was a great chance to learn from the best of the best in the field of law enforcement. After completing my assigned hours to obtain my degree it made me want a career that can have positive effect on society and the community.
Pros
working with highly skilled individuals

Want to know more about Cincinnati Police Department?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cincinnati Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3