CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews in United States

A public school system with a vision
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2016
Cincinnati Public Schools is a great place to work for those interested in helping the development of inner-city kids and schools. There are many great challenges facing these students in all parts of life and each employee takes a part in that responsibility to give them the best education possible.

Even if that is enabling the kids to use the technology they would otherwise not have access to.
school system is starting to be a big joke
Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2016
Nothing like school was when i was growing up, kids and parents run the schools now, not much learning going in anymore, most schools have too many discipline problems and are only concerned about numbers
A Great Experience
ITM - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2016
I worked at CPS in the summer of 2015 for a Co-op. It was a great place to get a start in IT. The culture there that is driven by respect for each other and they professional in demeanor.
Pros
The people were great.
Cons
It was my first Co-op and it was too short.
Teaching the course content while developing the youth educationally and personally.
LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2016
It's vital that you project a positive image and presence to the students. Let them know that you care about them and they educational success. This can be accomplished by working together as a team in addressing issues as they develop. In addition to sharing best practices and teaching strategies that helps the students become life long learners.
Pros
Making a positive impact in the children lives.
Cons
The day is to short to do it all.
Good Place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2016
They appreciate good workers and compensate you for your work. Supportive of family, though come with a thick skin as the environment can be tough at times
Pros
Salary, Co-Workers
Cons
advancement
Provided me with a full time position
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2015
Provided me with a full time position with a public school district where I can learn a lot. Due to my degree there was not a lot of room for advancement. I did get a lot of on the job training and found another interests in another field as well.
Pros
Able to work with special needs students.
Cons
Lack of structure
Administrative Assistant/paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2015
The most was working with coworkers, and students, new building and large office spaces, and classroom, become a great role model for staff and students and 10 year experiences and work history.
Security Detail
Security detail (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Watching for any public safety issues and addressing this issues. A problem can and will happen when dealing with children. Working together is a must to ensure the safety of the people attending the events. The standing and walking around with am extra 30-40 pounds of gear is hard on you back, knees and feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone person attending the event had a safe, trouble free time.
Pros
Every person attending the event was safe and enjoyed the event
Cons
standing/ walking for hours
Before Retirement
Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Cincinti,OhioAugust 20, 2015
A typical day working at CPS before I retired was filled with excitement and challenges. Some of the things that I had learned was the way some children learned and responded. Classroom management was very important for the safety of all students. My co-workers were very supportive.The hardest part of the job was not knowing what to expect from day to day from the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see their growth in learning and maturity.
Lots of opportunities to make a difference
Teacher of children from 2nd to 8th grade (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed my time at CPS very much. It was very challenging, and I thrived under those conditions. I learned much of the art of teaching during my tenure at CPS.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding experiences.
Cons
Being moved out of a position after the school year started, without any input from me.
Cps
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2015
Working with the staff and students is a passion of mine and love what I do. However, the politics take away from the job and communication can be improved.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Great work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2015
Working with Cincinnati Public Schools has been a great experience for me. I have built a rapport with a plethora amount of students and I have been a role model/mentor to may students.
Good place to work!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2015
Staff is awesome!!!! Just an overall good place. Friendly people, newer buildings. work day is 6.5 hours. management is good. most enjoyable part of the job is working with the kids.
Interesting and fullfilling, fast paced and developes patience.
Retention Specialist Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2015
Keeping students on track with behavior choices in school to be successful in class room environment. I've learned how to come at different obstacles with different approaches. How to effectively communicate with students and staff. My co-workers are great, helpful and willing to assist in anyways needed. Hardest part of position is the resistance and different issues of each student on my case load. Most enjoyable is graduation and seeing my students take the lessons and apply them to their lives.
Pros
Staff
Cons
When students have meltdowns
Great workplace
ESL Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2015
Excellent schools, students eager to learn English, welcoming staff in all schools.
I drove daily to 3 schools to instruct non English speaking student in fluency and comprehension
Pros
Flexibility, great job sites
Cons
travel time, no permanant site, no benefits
The enviroment of the Classroom was fun and energetic. Really enjoyed working with the students
Long-Term Substitute Teacher - K-12 (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhiioMay 25, 2015
A typical day would involve classroom and lesson preparation before the arrival of the students. Organizing and getting the students to prepare for the day as soon as they would arrive and getting them into a learning mind-set. Managing the class as I taught and communicating the lesson in ways that individuals as well as the group could understand. Dealing with the occasional student that needed to act out in a way that would not embarrass them and cause the issue to be aggravated.

I had a very good working relationship with my fellow teachers and support staff due to my flexibility and willingness to work with others.

The hardest part of the job was not getting enough work due to long Holiday Breaks and Winter weather layoffs right after as well as the Summer with no pay. On the other end of the spectrum, the most enjoyable part was the actual work with the different grade levels of kids and seeing their happy and excited faces when they get it.
Pros
Bankers Hours, Weekends off, Holidays
Cons
No benefits what so ever, no income during breaks, and no guarantee of consistant work
Intern for ITM Department (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2015
The management team works well with others. They are very informative in their directions. They have been very pleasant to work for.
Good Experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2015
Initially was unexperienced with no student teaching from college however with staff and fellow teacher support I was able to successfully lead a classroom.
excellent chance to develop leadership skills
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2015
the students and other staff members are the most enjoyable part of the job

everyday brings with it its own challenges and surprises
no two days are ever the same
Great company to work for
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2015
cleaning restrooms classrooms during the night after school. Work morning during summer Christmas and spring break
Pros
no weekends
Cons
work night during school and mornings during the summer

CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS Reviews by Location