CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Freshmen Focus Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
I learned a lot from my co workers as well as my students. Workplace culture was family oriented.Management was fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students from all walks of life. I learned how to cope and deal with the diverse personalities.
a lot off options for working
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 2, 2017
they have a lot of schools but in turn means that you can be in a number of locations sometimes 45min drives from home. excused absences are not consider in their eyes thing losing family or your children become ill.
Great school syste
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2017
If you really would like to make a difference in children's lives while gaining experience and being around great people, work for Cincinnati Public Schools!
Productive and enjoyable.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2017
I love it. The experiences we get with the kids are like no other. It is a great place to work. We do a lot of environmental science projects this year as well.
A cool enviroment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2017
Challenging and engaging workplace. A great learning environment with plenty of room to grow. I worked in an environment of diversity in learning, attitudes, functions. The hardest part working at Cincinnati Public Schools is when there some form of threat from outside of our environment. I can see the stress on the children faces. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students.
Pros
The pros is being off in the summer months
Great environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2017
I still am employed at CPS.It has been a great experience for me. I am supported and I respect the administration. I am very fortunate to be employed at such an organization.
Pros
very posiitive
Cons
healthcare
Cincinnati Public Schools represents an extended family of professional, caring people working to improve the future for all of Humanity.
Secondary Educator, Grant Administrator, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2017
I have the highest respect and regard for all of the professional, caring, extraordinary educators, management, and staff with whom I had the opportunity to collaborate in my thirty years as a teacher for Cincinnati Public Schools. The local and district administration and Professional Unions are wholly dedicated to improving education for all people and guaranteeing the highest degree of professional respect and support for all staff. CPS represents an extraordinarily talented, caring and dedicated group of people making a better world for us all. Public Education is what holds this society together and allows us to realize the potential of our democracy. I am grateful to have been afforded the opportunity to play a part.
My typical job day
My partner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2017
I would clock in and get the car keys, Camera and any assignments that I may have for that day and head out to pickup my City car. I will then get my partner and move out to the first assignment rather it is a search, dispatch or request. Return to the office at the end of the day and fill out my reports of the day.
Pros
Different things everyday
Cons
Danger not knowing what's going to happen day to day.
Cincinnati public schools
Music/Language Arts teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2017
It has been a long time since I was employed here. I'm sure things have changed, but I left for relocation to Monroe County Schools. The Cincinnati public schools have always been an interesting place to work.
Tough, but worth it.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
It's difficult, but extremely rewarding. I'm fortunate to work with a diverse group of people who are very supportive of the staff and students.
Pros
My colleagues
Cons
Not enough time or resources.
The children were very easy to work with and able to do all assigments required in their subjects.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day in the school I worked at was very busy and the students were able to complete all work given to them on a daily basis.
Pros
timeoff
Cons
no breaks
Rewarding Work
Accounting (Current Employee) –  2651 Burnet AveJanuary 2, 2017
It is exciting to have the opportunity to serve and support student achievement. Every job either directly or indirectly helps our students achieve their academic goals.
Provides great experience with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2016
I am schedule for a particular school, grade and subject. I carry out the days lesson plans for the absent teacher. The hardest part of my job is building a relationship with the students and the other staff. The best part my job is knowing I don't have to work places I don't want to .
school basketball games, and data entry learning programs
Custodian/janitor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2016
I report to clock in report to my supervisor get any assignments attached to my everyday assignments. empty trash in cafeteria sweep and mop,buffing and waxing.
Pros
staff and location enjoyed working a service for the public.
Cons
short breaks change in the staff attitudes.
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2016
My job was to assist the teacher and to mentor kids, I also did in-school suspension where I monitored student and acted as a mentor and tutor.
P.E. teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2016
Great Environment! But like on any job. You're going to have good days and bad days. I love working with the kids. I'm going to miss working with great people but most of all the students. What a privilege & a joy to have the experience working with young people.
Job benefits
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 4, 2016
Pay and Benefits is extremely in important to me, but in all its an easy job, it's just that, its only for 9 1/2 months of the year
Pros
benefits and pay is wonderful
Cons
not year round
A public school system with a vision
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2016
Cincinnati Public Schools is a great place to work for those interested in helping the development of inner-city kids and schools. There are many great challenges facing these students in all parts of life and each employee takes a part in that responsibility to give them the best education possible.

Even if that is enabling the kids to use the technology they would otherwise not have access to.
school system is starting to be a big joke
Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2016
Nothing like school was when i was growing up, kids and parents run the schools now, not much learning going in anymore, most schools have too many discipline problems and are only concerned about numbers
A Great Experience
ITM - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2016
I worked at CPS in the summer of 2015 for a Co-op. It was a great place to get a start in IT. The culture there that is driven by respect for each other and they professional in demeanor.
Pros
The people were great.
Cons
It was my first Co-op and it was too short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS Reviews by Location