Cincinnati Test Systems, Inc. (CTS),
The largest manufacturer of leak detection systems in the U.S., is seeking a qualified Application Engineer. CTS designs and manufactures leak test instruments as well as fully automated leak detection systems and offers a full range of support services. Known in the industry for consistency and accuracy, CTS offers solutions that optimize leak testing sensitivity as well as analyze and communicate the data.
The position is responsible for generating concepts and proposals for custom equipment in a sales support role with an emphasis on our mass spectrometry systems. An fundamental understanding of physics, control and measurement theory, hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, and mechanical design concepts is essential.
*Relocation Assistance available to highly qualified candidates*
H1B Sponsorship not available.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for the sales support function of projects from their infancy to production operation. Position reports directly to the Applications Manager. Duties include:
- Provide internal technical, application, and sales support to Cincinnati Test Systems’ agents and customers.
- Occasional travel to provide field (sales and technical) support to our agents and customers.
- Promote and supervise customer visits to CTS with those whom you are assigned responsibility.
- Develop a customer intimacy in the early stages of the proposal process. Contact the customer directly to provide them with technical assistance and guidance on the project. Establish the customers needs, (i.e. budgetary verses formal proposal) Open communications provides the proposal engineer with a clear understanding what the customer is ultimately trying to obtain.
- Concept, price and assemble a detailed or budgetary proposal based on customer requirements. Do a complete review of the pricing prior to writing the body of a proposal. Review all similar projects completed in the past and review exit meeting notes for additional insight. It is important to detail the material that would be used in your concept and be accurate.
- Achieve a targeted profit margin on all systems applications.
- Provide customers with a quote in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of the status on all projects (you) quoted. Maintain contact with the customer and agent with a goal of getting the order.
- Provide a 60 day projection in our regular sales meetings on all projects expected to become an order (50% or better).
- Take and process system, tooling, and instrument sales orders. Perform a contract review on all new purchase orders prior to processing.
- Process new orders to accounting in a timely manner for release to engineering within 3 days from receipt of the order. Include a detailed critical materials list and Green book sheet with each job folder and highlight all items pertinent to the success of the project (both from a customer and company stand point). Review these items in the startup meeting.
- Interface with accounting regarding customers with poor credit and negotiate payment terms with the customer.
- Attend and participate in project startup meetings. Sell the project internally as you sold it to the customer.
- Work with project and mechanical engineers after an order has been received to assure the project goes as quoted. Be involved in any re-quote process or special customer requirements.
- Keep CTS agents informed of all critical items on projects from their territory. Maintain open communications.
- Assist project engineers with customers during job runoff’s at CTS
- Attend and participate in exit meetings on competed projects. Review items that varied from the critical materials list and Greenbook sheets. Present costing information in the meeting and the guidelines to work within to make required profit.
- Develop the job knowledge outlined on the attached Proposals Engineering Skills sheet.
- Stay abreast of new technologies including internal development of product and their applications. Strive to provide customer with a competitive product with a technological advantage.
- Fill in for other proposal engineers during their absence.
Pricing / Proposals / Writing
Automation / Material Handling
Engineering degree mechanical, electrical, or similar