Cinemark Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun First job
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 13, 2017
This was a great first learning experience on how to better manage my time, my work experience while going to school. I was able to use this job to meet new people and improve my interacting with people.
Fun and Friendly
Everything (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHSeptember 12, 2017
It can be difficult but its builds you. I loved working there. Management was friendly had a good friendly crew. Went to see a movie and left with a scheduled Interview.
Pros
Discounts free movies
Cons
Not everyone makes it during the summer when schools out.
Fun work place, terrible pay
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
I am an assistant manager. I supervise employees, deposit money, adress customer concerns, help maintain inventory, hire and train new employee's and upkeep general building mantainance.
A-okay
Usher (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TX 76053September 5, 2017
Eh, I enjoyed working here. Management was relaxed and the employees, at first, were easy to get along with. With the new GM and the new assistant managers are awful though
Good Temporary Job
Usher/Concessions (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 2, 2017
If this is your first job it's a good place to work. But staying there for prolonged time is not worth it unless you want to invest your career in it then it would be amazing to work for.
Co workers are the best
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2017
Co workers are the best to work with. They make the day go fast. You get to meet new people with diverse background. I have my regular customers that makes my day when I'm working. They also makes my day go fast.
Pros
I work mornings
Cons
Not enough hours to work
On a typical day we usually clean theaters, take out trash and assist costumers.
Usher/Cashier/concession (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2017
I learned how to communicate to costumers better. the hardest part about working this job dealing with costumers that doesn't cooperate. the most enjoyable part about this job is working with co-workers.
Free Movies
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 23, 2017
Free Movies are nice, but then again you're getting minimum wage. The job is super easy and you meet great people along the way. It's just not a job you would keep doing for the rest of your life.
It's a good place
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXAugust 23, 2017
Movies is a good place to start off. They give you discount and free tickets. Salary is kin of low. If you don't have ant payment go for it. It's s fun place go work at
Fast paced work!
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2017
Awesome place to work. Great management and staff. Learn how to work fast and efficient. Hardest part is learning how to work fast but the most enjoyable part is learning how to work with different customers.
Pros
Free movie tickets every night
Cons
Short breaks.
cool place to work cool environment
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Cool place to work love it and gd mgt but overall it's a good place to work I recommend anybody to work there especially if you somebody getting out of school and just looking for a part-time job to help your cell phone
Pros
2 free movies a week
Good place to start off if trying to get back on your feet or for a first job ever.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 15, 2017
extremely fun and young place to be. its great place to learn what it is to develop you're own productive work ethic. Great comradely as well as a declined awareness of chain of command.
Pros
free movies
Cons
low pay
Cool place to hang out, not to work.
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 12, 2017
The managers focus on making money, and the satisfaction of the customers. The employees don't really matter. The equipment wasn't cleaned very well in concessions, and if the theaters appeared clean, then that was good enough for them. The hours are terrible.
Productive and easy
Usher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 7, 2017
Cinemark is a good job for teens who want to work during highschool. No job experience needed to start. They work well with hours and give you your desired schedule for minimum wage.
Poorly managed
All positions (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 6, 2017
Lazy managers. They'll sit at the tables talking or on their phones for a quarter of their shift while employees work. General manager micro manages. Employees just want to stand around either on their phones or talking to each other. Employees are often scheduled for a closing shift and have to open the next day.
Cons
Good Company to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHAugust 2, 2017
Cinemark is fun company to work for. It would be a great first job for any teenager looking for a job. It is also a great place to work if looking for a little extra money a couple days a week. Cinemark offers flexible schedule and is willing to work around any type of scheduling issues that might arise.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
limited hours
Good starting job
Usher/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 2, 2017
If you're looking for a job to get you accustomed to working, look no further! A typical day at Cinemark involves sweeping popcorn throughout each theatre, bagging up larger trash, and guiding the patrons to each clean show room. The hardest part of the day has got to be standing on your feet! You'll hardly ever sit down! Even my manager agreed after working there years prior! Watch out for those pay cycles too. You'll get payed every 3 weeks for the prior two weeks. That's just how their system works. Just take it easy on management. They REALLY try to do their best.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Low wage
realy fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 25, 2017
fun place to work and have fun meet new people make new friends help clean be a good customer service free movie free popcorn free drinks great place to work
Pros
free movies
Cons
hours
If you make friends here, it's not a bad starting job
Box Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 23, 2017
Time off is next to impossible to get, if you need your shift covered you better make friends, the management is great if you're on their good side! If you screw up you better fix it or you'll never advance
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Awful workplace
Bad
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 23, 2017
Bogus pay for the amount of work that is expected. Not enough to live off of for sure, and I was barely scheduled more than 20 hours when I was promised between 35 and 40.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval