Cinemark

Cinemark Employer Reviews

Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager Cinemark (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: management
Great management and Great Place to work. They have the best managers and the most peaceful work environment. The Cinemark at Cedar Park is a great place to work.
They never trained me.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: no training
The company hired me and never trained me for the job. They told me I can learn on the job.... which was fine because it was easy... still dumb.
Very Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
A movie theater is always a fun place to work and even better place to manage. I have learned a lot while being a manager at Cinemark.
A fun environment with effective staff that provide excellent service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Cinemark gave me several opportunities to learn specific skills to grow with the company, and I took full advantage of the opportunities I was given. The culture of providing an excellent customer experience was the best of the chains I had worked for. The entire team was underpaid. I could have moved faster into management had I been entrusted with more responsibility. I was ready for it.
movie
Cashier Crew Leader (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILFebruary 12, 2015
clean movies, take orders get the food for the customers. I was a crew leader saw if anybody need anything in their register like candy or cups. keep inventory
Love movie watching
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: being able to see a movie on your day off.
Cons: trying to have enough staff with the hours given to schedule.
First start by getting the popcorn and hot dogs ready for the customers. Count the safe and make the individual tills for the day shift and night shift, audit the ATM, answer emails, run daily paperwork, handle maintenance problems if needed, at the end of the shift count out the day shift tills and balance the safe.
Have had to make sure how to handle customers and employees. The company offers a computer learning and testing for all managers which can show your strengths and weaknesses to improve on. the hardest part of the job is letting customers know that they are to young to watch a rated "R" movie without their parents at the age of 16. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers over and over and finding out how they are doing and it is nice when they have noticed when you as an employee haven't been seen in a while. Management is fair when you make request, co-workers are good to work with also.
Not a fun place to work
n/a (Former Employee), Bryan, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: bad management, inconsistent
Cinemark got a new general manager last year, he is horrible. He is more like a dictator than a manager. He makes you feel incapable of doing your job, he also makes you feel less of a person. He beats you down until you want to quit. If you follow all of his rules you will work out great, if you do not he will do whatever he can to fire you.
Good first job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free movies and popcorn
Cons: upper management showed favoritism towards some employees, not good medical benefits
Work days varied greatly from weekday to weekend. Weekdays were slow and boring, weekends would feel like we did not have enough staff to handle the volume of customers we had. Learned how to work my way up in the company through mastery of different jobs available all the way up to assistant manager and learned basic management skills. Co-workers were mainly unmotivated and obviously did not enjoy job or plan to stay there. Many complaints about upper management. The hardest part of the job was completing daily tasks while helping customers in an understaffed environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free popcorn and getting to see free movies.
Busy
Concessions Worker (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Take customer's orders, ring them up, then go get their stuff. I mad a lot of friends there and like working alongside of them everyday. Managers were helpful and knowledgable about the job.
Porductive, very nice and professional envieronment
File Clerk (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fun, enjoyable, lunch break
Cons: no complains
Worked alone most of the time in the file room. Learned how to be more detail oriented and organized also time management.
Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free popcorn and soda when working, and free movie tickets
Cons: breaks are weird and so are the lunches, make sure you tell them you haven't had your break or else your not having one
Everyone is cool and laid back, the hours are very weird, the management is the BEST! they try their best to be neat and organized but with being the only movie theater in Tracy, it gets crazy. this is a good job if its your first job
Entertaining Job that was very fast paced.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
I would go in to the theater and depending on the department I was working that day I would lead that department during my shift. I learned how to handle customer concern situations properly and also how Cinemark handles their business. My fellow managers were great as well as my general manager. The most difficult part of the job was probably just really staying on top of things on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was my employees were a very good group of people and we had a strong mutual respect for each other.
Nice enviorment
Concessionist (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts while on the clock
Cons: short breaks
I learned to operate several machines, how to manage a computer.
A good routine.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lehi, UTNovember 28, 2014
Pros: close to my home, free movies, worked with friends.
Cons: late nights, stress of rushing customers.
If I opened, we would set everything up and prepare for the first showings. If I closed, we would typically be busier and have more of a rush. I learned how well I could handle the stress of floods of customers. The management worked well with my schedule, as long as I informed them in advance. I enjoyed working along with my coworkers. The late nights were not my favorite, but at the time I wasn't too busy.
Great starting job
Team Member (Current Employee), 3800 Dallas ParkwayNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: young co-workers
If you are looking for a starting job or a job to hold you over till something better then Cinemark is a decent pick. The job is easy, the management is mostly fun, and the perks of seeing free movies can be almost another paycheck. If you like watching movies and good at customer service then this is great. (Currently) Starts everyone above minimum wage.
Work
Crew Memeber (Former Employee), Valleyview, OHNovember 19, 2014
It was okay for a first job it taught me a lot about customer service. I dealt with hundreds of people on a day to day basis. A busy day was a good day because it made the day go by faster. I enjoyed my co workers and managers. This job was good for me becasue I dealt with people a lot which I enjoy.
Good workplace, but repetative and boring
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Valley View, OHNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free movies, popcorn and drinks
Cons: tiring and not something id come back to
nice place, very clean and organized. although it was repetative and stressful
Not the best management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahNovember 13, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: bad management
The mangers did not communicate well at all. I gave them a two week notice before I moved. And I saw I was scheduled. So I went to the manger and told them. They said that they would fix it. But they didn't. I got a call after I moved to a another state. And the manger wrote me as a no call no show.
Movie Theater
Box Office / Usher / Concessions / Cashier / cafe' (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: only part-time positions
Working for Cinemark you can be rotated through shifts all the time, you must be able to set up concessions, make food, take orders and check out customers, sell tickets, and clean theaters. Managers and coworkers are amazing and always willing to help you out if needed and that is what makes the work environment so enjoyable.
Dirty
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXOctober 30, 2014
Nasty environment. Rude co-workers and management. Unsanitary due to not cleaning.

1 2 3 4 5