Cinemark Employee Reviews

Free Movies and Chill workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 24, 2016
Minimum wage job that is really easy, good perks, and low stress. If you stay for at least 6 months and you are a good worker you'll definitely get promoted.
Pros
Free movies. Room to grow. Friendly environment.
Cons
Minimum wage. Work holidays. Late nights.
Great experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 22, 2016
Great experience learned different skills nice way to enjoy a great environment. Showed me how to be on time and always have a positive attitude
Pros
Free drinks & popcorn 50% off food
Can be fun at times but the management and corporate side of the job are awful
Usher Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 22, 2016
Free movies but the work environment is stressful and tiresome. Management can be okay, but usually the GMs are horrible. Advancement is also really slow unless you work your butt off to be noticed. Busy seasons and kids movies are the worst part of the job.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Easy and loveable job for highschoolers
Usher (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 19, 2016
Selling movie tickets and snack bar items, cleaning up theaters and guiding people to their theaters. Hardest part is keeping people from sneaking into theaters they don't belong in. Most positions are part time with no benefits and scarce hours. Not a job for anyone trying to support themselves or a family.
Pros
Easy and fun
Cons
Teenagers job
Its a good job for high schoolers
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 18, 2016
Its a great job for like getting through school to have some money but not as a carrer. Enviorment is alright an coworkers are nice well most of them
Fun Work Place
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTNovember 15, 2016
It was a great place to work. Taught me how to handle money better. Taught me how to work as a team better. Management was great.
Fun place to work but corrupt
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 14, 2016
Although it was a good environment with lots of interactions they still had a lot of favoritism. So much that it affected job work. Some workers were allowed to break rules because of favoritism. (Cell phone use, eating candy and then paying for it...maybe, not doing job duties while others bust their butts) WARNING!!: sometimes the hours are so horrible you can't even live off the pay. Yet they expect your schedule to be open. Overall the only good thing is the environment and easiness of the job...sometimes the coworkers make it okay but mostly management and spoiled staff make it horrible
Pros
Free drinks and popcorn if u have ur own cup. a lot of days off
Cons
Not many days of work, favoritism with management
Consession
Consession (Former Employee) –  Webster , TxOctober 16, 2016
It was alot of fun working there, dealing with angry costumers was easy for me i treat them they way i would wanted to be treated and do anything to make them happy, Working as a group was no problem either i like getting along with all my co-workers. The hardest part was when the popper would start messing up and managers would have to fix it so then we would only had one popper and there was alot of people waiting on popcorn but we took care of it. Most enjoyable was the benefits of watching a free movie everyday with family or friends.
Pros
Free Popcorn and Drinks
Cons
30 minutes break
Depends on the location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2016
There are many variables to describe working at Cinemark. my experience was tough managers, controlling at times, while others were laid back and understanding. The general atmosphere of my workplace was nice, but could get hectic at times. Its nice for students of any age, as most hours are during the weekends and holidays, when school is out.
Pros
50% off during work, free tickets
Cons
terrible customers, no benefits, minimum pay raise
Great First Job!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 3, 2016
If your looking for something that has great team building experiences and a good platform for your first job, then Cinemark is right for you. They create a great environment for team building and other amazing skills.
Pros
Free moives, Free popcorn
Cons
Slow Times
Job meant for Teenagers with no expenses
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 1, 2016
A job is a job. Management wasn't terrible but it wasn't five star worthy either. Scheduling was okay at best, but asking for days off personally filled me with anxiety for two weeks.
Take themselves a little too seriously
Usher (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAAugust 7, 2016
Having come from a theatre company that cared way too little about anything, it'd be quite the understatement to say how unprepared I was how seriously this company takes EVERYTHING. It's been a difficult adjustment period with very little margin for error. You'd think I was working for a high-end government position or something.
Pros
Free movies, adjustable hours
Cons
negative coworker atmosphere, lots of turnaround, way-too-serious management
Great Culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 30, 2016
Coworkers make the job worth while.
Large group of great customers to see on regular basis.

Pay could have been better, but enjoyable staff that worked well together. The company as a whole is managed well.
Tickets Sale/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would involve me helping with cleaning up and taking out trash and also helping customers with their needs to make sure they have a satisfying day at the movies.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
Phenomenal management, great employees, fun workplace.
Box Office Representative and Sales (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAJuly 15, 2016
Cinemark was the best place I ever worked. Management was OUTSTANDING, you will not be part of a more tightly-knit crew of people who genuinely care for the well being of their employees. Not to mention, the culture and environment is casual and fun, everyone who works there wants to joke around and have a good
time with you. 10/10.
Pros
Amazing managers, pretty easy work
Cons
Min wage, not many hours
fun first job
Concessions sales (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 1, 2016
Cinemark is a good first job when you are a teenager. you get free movie tickets. the work is easy to do. the location is a good location also.
Pros
free movie tickets, fun job, location
Cons
none i can think of
hard and demanding work for little pay and recognition
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 1, 2016
As an usher, I routinely cleaned lobby, hallways, theaters and bathrooms. I escorted customers to their theater and escorted unruly customers out of premises. Being an usher also included closing duties such as taking out trash, mopping, and general cleaning. As a concession worker, I sold and up-sold food and drinks. You work the register all while maintaining popcorn levels, hotdog levels, soda levels etc.. During closing you will clean pop corn machines, hotdog grills, soda machines etc,,, You will sweep, mop, wash dishes and scrub.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
hard work, sometimes disgusting tasks such as excrement removal.
Good job for short-term goals
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 22, 2016
The theatre I worked at had great people that were easy to get along with, for the most part. As with any job, there were some managers that were not great. It was easy to balance with life until my school work caught up with me. They then did not honor my request to decrease the amount of shifts given to me, so I quit. The pay was minimum wage and there was a high turnover rate. This was mostly because the pay was less than what should have been provided for the work required. However, the free movies were great to have. Advancement was biased to some employees over others and better candidates often did not receive the promotion. Overall, it was a good job, especially for a student.
Interesting and pretty fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJune 9, 2016
Fun place to be involved with movies and provides a lot of experience dealing with all kinds of people. Its laid back and really easy to advance, if you put the work into it. Co-workers turn into your best friends and it`s an all-around enjoyable job for everyone.
Pros
Free movies
Cinemark
Crew (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2016
Umm, it's a good job to go to and then go home without thinking about it. Customers can be rude. However, keep a positive attitude, it'll rub off on most. Your coworkers do not matter if you do your job right. Do your part and call it a day.
Pros
Not taking the job home
Cons
Boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9