Cinemark

Cinemark United States Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Spring, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free movies, Free popcorn (on break)
Cons: Short breaks, Terrible management
A typical day at work would consist of me clocking in, and waiting about 20 minutes while the managers decided whether to have me in the kitchen or behind the register.

The managers were never on the same page, one would tell me that one thing is allowed, and another would tell me otherwise.

You must have a doctors note if you miss a day, or else you can't work until you get one. I understand why they do this, but it shouldn't be that deal if you're making $7.25 an hour.

If someone quits, and is the only person scheduled to work with another employee, they'll wait until 5 minutes before the shift starts to start calling people in, or they'll make you close the entire theater by yourself because they don't want to spend money on having another employee there even though there was one scheduled.
High School
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2015
This company is exactly like high school again. The drama, the laziness, and the attitude. Minimum wage and even the managers start out at a low pay.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 14, 2015
A good company. Works around your schedule. Can be hectic at times but the job environment is good and i love the managers.
can be a fun place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: hours customers
late hours corporate never there constant flow of customers so much trash co workers are mostly high school students. hardest part of the job is the constant flow of trash everywhere. most enjoyable is getting off work
fun friendly environment
stocker (Former Employee), El Paso,TxMarch 31, 2015
Pros: learned to bake
A typical day was never the same, at times Id be stocking, next hour Id be in the bakery helping make pies. I learned how to bake pies, and make cakes and decorate them. The management was awesome and fun to work with,
Pizza making
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), temple texasMarch 29, 2015
Pros: half off pizzas
Cons: short breaks bad hours
typical day isn't bad. ive learned to answer phones and work with people well. Management slacks a little. co-workers come and go fast.it gets really busy and hot. but its still a fun job
Fun Place to work
Usher/Ticket-Taker/Cashier/Concessions (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 19, 2015
There's a lot of younger kids working there. Lots of immaturity but also older people on occasion who you can really get some work done with.
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager Cinemark (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: management
Great management and Great Place to work. They have the best managers and the most peaceful work environment. The Cinemark at Cedar Park is a great place to work.
They never trained me.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: no training
The company hired me and never trained me for the job. They told me I can learn on the job.... which was fine because it was easy... still dumb.
Very Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
A movie theater is always a fun place to work and even better place to manage. I have learned a lot while being a manager at Cinemark.
A fun environment with effective staff that provide excellent service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Cinemark gave me several opportunities to learn specific skills to grow with the company, and I took full advantage of the opportunities I was given. The culture of providing an excellent customer experience was the best of the chains I had worked for. The entire team was underpaid. I could have moved faster into management had I been entrusted with more responsibility. I was ready for it.
movie
Cashier Crew Leader (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILFebruary 12, 2015
clean movies, take orders get the food for the customers. I was a crew leader saw if anybody need anything in their register like candy or cups. keep inventory
Love movie watching
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: being able to see a movie on your day off.
Cons: trying to have enough staff with the hours given to schedule.
First start by getting the popcorn and hot dogs ready for the customers. Count the safe and make the individual tills for the day shift and night shift, audit the ATM, answer emails, run daily paperwork, handle maintenance problems if needed, at the end of the shift count out the day shift tills and balance the safe.
Have had to make sure how to handle customers and employees. The company offers a computer learning and testing for all managers which can show your strengths and weaknesses to improve on. the hardest part of the job is letting customers know that they are to young to watch a rated "R" movie without their parents at the age of 16. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers over and over and finding out how they are doing and it is nice when they have noticed when you as an employee haven't been seen in a while. Management is fair when you make request, co-workers are good to work with also.
Not a fun place to work
n/a (Former Employee), Bryan, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: bad management, inconsistent
Cinemark got a new general manager last year, he is horrible. He is more like a dictator than a manager. He makes you feel incapable of doing your job, he also makes you feel less of a person. He beats you down until you want to quit. If you follow all of his rules you will work out great, if you do not he will do whatever he can to fire you.
Good first job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free movies and popcorn
Cons: upper management showed favoritism towards some employees, not good medical benefits
Work days varied greatly from weekday to weekend. Weekdays were slow and boring, weekends would feel like we did not have enough staff to handle the volume of customers we had. Learned how to work my way up in the company through mastery of different jobs available all the way up to assistant manager and learned basic management skills. Co-workers were mainly unmotivated and obviously did not enjoy job or plan to stay there. Many complaints about upper management. The hardest part of the job was completing daily tasks while helping customers in an understaffed environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free popcorn and getting to see free movies.
Busy
Concessions Worker (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Take customer's orders, ring them up, then go get their stuff. I mad a lot of friends there and like working alongside of them everyday. Managers were helpful and knowledgable about the job.
Porductive, very nice and professional envieronment
File Clerk (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fun, enjoyable, lunch break
Cons: no complains
Worked alone most of the time in the file room. Learned how to be more detail oriented and organized also time management.
Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free popcorn and soda when working, and free movie tickets
Cons: breaks are weird and so are the lunches, make sure you tell them you haven't had your break or else your not having one
Everyone is cool and laid back, the hours are very weird, the management is the BEST! they try their best to be neat and organized but with being the only movie theater in Tracy, it gets crazy. this is a good job if its your first job
Entertaining Job that was very fast paced.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
I would go in to the theater and depending on the department I was working that day I would lead that department during my shift. I learned how to handle customer concern situations properly and also how Cinemark handles their business. My fellow managers were great as well as my general manager. The most difficult part of the job was probably just really staying on top of things on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was my employees were a very good group of people and we had a strong mutual respect for each other.
Nice enviorment
Concessionist (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts while on the clock
Cons: short breaks
I learned to operate several machines, how to manage a computer.

1 2 3 4 5