Cinereach is currently seeking a full-time Post Production Supervisor to be based in our New York City offices reporting directly to the Head of Production. Cinereach’s Productions Department manages the production and financing of films deeply aligned with the Cinereach Mission. The Post Production Supervisor manages Cinereach’s post production facilities and post production workflows, scheduling, and delivery.
The Post Production Supervisor’s responsibilities include:
- Maintain an understanding of the creative parameters of upcoming film productions and advise on prospective post production workflows, budgeting, scheduling and delivery.
- Liaise with on-set technicians and supervise transition of original assets from the field to post facilities.
- Serves as Cinereach’s in-house Post Production Supervisor for film productions, managing: element creation, delivery, quality control, project archiving, screener coordination, and content security.
- Research, recommend and coordinate with outside vendors and post production personnel.
- Manage project materials and still libraries and facilitate availability for use by the Cinereach Communications Department.
- Manage Cinereach’s post production facilities and equipment (i.e. edit suites, screening room, etc.), provide system administration for Non-Linear Editing environments and fiber channel Storage Area Networks, and implement maintenance, media management, and backup processes.
- Implement and manage file-based (tapeless) workflows and format conversion processes and maintain adequate data storage, transport, and archival systems.
- Ensure all post production systems are operating efficiently and all post production equipment is serviced and maintained on a regular basis.
- Advise and work with IT technicians to implement best practices for internal and external content security, system maintenance, and system redundancies.
- Research and make recommendations for new equipment acquisition and manage equipment installation.
- Oversee scheduling of equipment and post production suite use.
- Manage Cinereach’s screening room scheduling and system maintenance.
- Provide assistance and orientation to film project editors regarding processes and procedures.
- Manage storage and retrieval of master elements, project assets and data.
Experience / Skills Required
- 3+ years combined experience in feature film post production and system maintenance
- excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- strong communication skills and an ability to prepare procedural technical documents
- an ability to effectively manage tasks across multiple projects and schedules
- strong interpersonal skills
- an ability to succeed in a fast paced, dynamic, and evolving technical environment
- extensive knowledge of Non-Linear Editing and Authoring processes, Final Cut Pro, Photo management software and Mac OS environments
- a familiarity with Encore, Avid, and Commandsoft FiberJet or similar fiber network system management software
- a basic understanding of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- a familiarity with Tape-based Backup administration
Cinereach offers competitive compensation. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to HR(at)cinereach.org with the subject line Post Production Supervisor. No phone calls please.
Cinereach is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Cinereach to provide equal opportunity to all applicants for employment and to administer its personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment, in a manner that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, HIV status, physical or medical disability or difference in abilities unrelated to job performance.
Indeed - 7 months ago