Cinram Employee Reviews in United States

very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2016
there's always work. long hours and standing. Have to be able to stay focus and keep up. hardest part of the job is standing for those who cant stand for a long time. Enjoyable part is meeting new people from different cultures.
Pros
Cons
breaks
went thru multiple ownership changes
SR. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 19, 2016
typical day consisted of directing the processing of 5000 to 7500 retail and direct to consumer orders per day
learned how to deal with staffing in a "temp" environment
team that was built was solid and hard working
Ok job
Certified Printing Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 30, 2016
The job was ok. The shifts were 12-hrs and you worked every other weekend. The only thing that could of been better was the pay. It paid decent but a dollar or two would have made it worth it.
Not a good employer by any means.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 25, 2016
Cinram is a company that deals with the distribution of media for big movie studios and major video game publishers. Their clients include Hollywood movie studios and soft-media entertainment companies such as Activision, and Ubisoft.
Pros
Cons
Management is not concerned about its employees. Communication is almost always non-existent
fun and ready to work every day
pre packer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 18, 2016
the team makes you feel safe and they are very enjoyable to be around everybody is friendly and hard working is a team thing its a place were you can love to hate but learn to love
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
easy work long hours
Cinram life
MATERIAL HANDLER/MATERIAL CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2016
I worked several positions, from Material handler, to Floor Coordinator on nights, to Material handler, to Material Control Technician on days. The Floor Coordinator position I was over my own department, but by myself. I received in product for production and I would put it into reserved locations, until needed for process. I would key out the product and take to the assembly lines that need it. I would order more materials when needed for the floor. The last position I held there was Material Control Technician. I worked with a team mate. We receive in material and locate it in the racks in the warehouse and keyed it in on AS400 inventory system. When needed we locate and pull to the floor for processing.
Pros
Inventory, self managing, heavy equipment experience.
Cons
Company was going down hill, because of management.
Repetitive work
Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2016
Not sure how long DVDs are going to be around but this place is basically fair and the pay is OK. They have since changed their name to Technicolor.
same as mitchell plastic
PRODDUCTION TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 1, 2016
i didn't like working there you didn't get your hours management is the worst one, you can't move up. and the once that work hard make them work harder and you can't move up
Pros
nothing free
Cons
hot in summer time and cold in winter, no heat
Not that fun, but doing a good job is always rewarding.
PRINT TECH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at cinram was running a dvd printing machine for 12 hours, with only two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. Standing all day, running around the machine and just generally trying to keep the machine running for the 12 hours. The breaks are short, the lunches go by too fast. most of the people there were easy to get along with, however the management was terrible. the most enjoyable part of the job was producing a satisfactory product. I enjoyed making the dads look as good as they could. the hardest part of the job was maintaing their procedures while keeping the machine running and multi-tasking.
Pros
full time employment
Cons
short breaks, bad food.
Good Company
Team Lead/Operator Tech (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2015
Cinram is a good company to work for. They make DVDs so I am looking for a job that is not outdated tech. As a team lead I have the responsibility to hand out job assignments, keep the machines running, and provide training to employees on the injection molding machines.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
12 hour shifts
A difficult place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 2, 2015
This company is a very difficult place to work. The management does not respect any of the workers and constantly yell at employees. They do not plan ahead and are constantly working behind schedule.
It was OK.
Machine Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 25, 2015
The work environment was pretty clean, however the staff quality was very rude most of the time and they would have you bouncing around from place to place and it's extremely hard to get any form of promotional awarding through them.
Pros
clean
Cons
poor attitude from staff, bouncing around constantly
Great Company
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 23, 2015
Loved working at Cinram, everyone got along with everybody and you could also learn a lot of new things there. Got laid off but called back
fun place to work
line lead (Former Employee) –  huntsville alSeptember 30, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. They're all about the numbers and getting there goal each and every day. twelve hour shifts can be tiring. There are a lot of nice people. and some mean people. the hardest part of the job is lifting heavy parts up all day long,
Pros
money great
Don't waste your time.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PASeptember 22, 2015
I was hired through a temp agency but the pay was extremely low and the hours were insane. The management was poor and the favoritism and nepotism was insane. A terrible place to work period.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, low pay and long hours
Attend group lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2015
pretty good company. nice co workers. pretty good pay and benefits. learned a lot about how to multi-task and lead a team. had little to no life outside of work due to long hours
Pros
co workers
Cons
lond drive. unapreciative management
No job security,,Language barrier
Production Engineering Assistant II (Former Employee) –  LaVergne ,TNAugust 13, 2015
Went on vacation and came back to a empty building. I got laid off and didn't even know it.
Hired lots of Spanish speakers. It was very difficult to communicate.
Great hours but low wages.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Very unstable company
Friendly work environment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Make a lot of production.
Friendly co-workers and management, always willing to help.
I learned a lot of things picking and distribute orders.
I enjoyed worked as a team
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  TNJune 25, 2015
Cinram is a good company to work for. Unfortunately the market for the product they make is slowing down. When I started their it was a start up for Cinram in the area. I was able to work with many contractors for the installation of new machinery.
Pros
Air condictiong
Very hot
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 24, 2015
They taught me how to drive the fork loft and made sure that I was certified. I worked there for many years so people came and went. The hardest part of the job was the pay. I wish it would have paid more