Cinram Employee Reviews

Easy work but low pay
Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2018
The company on a whole isn't very good. They hire undocumented workers which lowers everyone else's pay. But immediate supervisors were knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
friendly supervisors
Cons
low pay
Production Lines for Media
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2017
A production plant for DVD's and other media of the type.

With few exceptions the chances for growth are non-existent for those employed here.

Learning to operate or set-up machines is normally restricted to full time employees.

The culture is solely you till your shift ends as once your production line begins all conversations are expected to cease and full attention given to your immediate work assignment until the next break is called.

Standing on a "cushioned pad" on a concrete floor in a single location for hours can be taxing on the legs and back. And looking down at an assembly line run identical objects pass your eyes can be hypnotizing. I would advise caution in such an environment.
Pros
minimal hiring requirements
Cons
short breaks, work conditions
Good company but management needs improving
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2017
well first you go in and scan your badge to gain access then go to your designed area , clock out for lunch , clock back in and make it back to your area before your time is up clock out go home and repeat process
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
didn't get paid for those hours
very very fast and productive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2017
There was no sitting around and waiting unless an emergency happened or you ran out of material to use. The hardest part about this job was the labor at min wage. Most enjoyable was meeting new friends in the end. The line leaders were very understanding and good people.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hard labor
Balance
Quality Assurance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2017
The people were cool but the pay was horrible. I did like the continental shift. I also feel like we needed more than 1 break working 12 hours but I worked in a great department.
Very busy, your day was a blur
DVD Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2017
You shifted in different departments, printing, making plates, screen printing, The holidays were rough, Many DVD's had to be printed. 40 to 50 thousand was a good day. When you are a new employee you didn't just stay and learn one machine it was 4 different departments. Plate burning department was a mad house. making new plates and discarding old ones. 8 presses to keep up with. one dvd had 5 cylinders for one job. also 3 presses was for silk screening, so you had to make the screens. all this by yourself.
Pros
Day was fast
Cons
Long day 12 hrs, standing. you had to meet a quote
Not a fun or good place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2017
When I first started working there, it was a pretty good place to work.
I learned a lot of new things when working there. Working in Quality Control was not easy but I really liked it. We didn't have set break times, that was a really good thing. But things kept getting worse and worse. The workplace started to became a battle ground between the employees. They started down sizing, so you never know when you will be next to be walked out the door. The work started with 4 people, ended up only one person was doing it. If someone had to take off for vacation time you most likely would be working a week before you would get another day off, because they didn't have any body to come in to take their place.
Pros
Good health insurace
Cons
If they tell you that U have to work overtime and put your name on the list and U don't come in, They will write U up and fire U.
They shut down.
Print Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 2, 2017
I very much loved my job there! It was fast paced laid back. My boss was amazing but they had to shut down due to all the new technology. Not many people buy cd anymore so they had no option but to close the doors..
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Long hours sometimes 14 to q6 hours a day.
They are closed down
QA and Lineman (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 31, 2017
When they were open they were a good company to work for. They are closed down now. you had opportunity to work overtime but it wasn't all the time. It was fast paced and you stayed busy.

They are closed down now!!!
Fast paced and busy workplace
Packager (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAAugust 29, 2017
Cinram was an okay workplace but the managers there were a little mistreating, but other than that the workers were good to me and made it a little comfortable.

Want to know more about Cinram?

Ask a question
geez
Director of Quality, Loss Prevention and Safety (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2017
I already did this so I will leave it to you to connect the two. I hate that I have to text 150 characters to move on. You should have a no longer in business button.
No stable
Key Operator (Former Employee) –  LĂ­nea liderAugust 10, 2017
No good because work everybody work si many people with with bad background
Pros
Easy job
not good
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811August 3, 2017
very unfair treatment of some employees. there was a lot of immigrants who were taken advantage of. they worked the same long hours we did for a lot less. the hours were awful
Data Entry
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2017
Enjoy work here. The people are great and kind.
Have a great manager staff. The 16 years that I have worked for
this company has been a learning experience. Have had a lot of learning opportunities at this company.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Not enough money
it was just a lot of musics
Molding Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 18, 2017
the music industry manufacturing company that was the biggest and the development of the dvd plan was the best business improvement. But Time Warner sold us to Cinram a Canadian company that eventually closed the plan.
Pros
fun peoples and productive
Cons
too much overtime
Poor Working Conditions
Material Control Technician - Bulk Pick (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 17, 2017
Lots of hard work, tight deadlines, physically demanding. Low wages, high turnover. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. Lost lots of weight while employed there.
Dvd
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2017
Standing for long hours, arranging dvd's and disposing boxes. Not the most glamorous of jobs. Hours were good but is difficult to work and goto school.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Job secruity
Learned how to manage people and time.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806June 20, 2017
In this job was in charge of a production line and completed the assemblies needed to fill the orders. My line would surpass the other production lines and it was a great filling.
No place to retire from
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811June 20, 2017
Ok job for a younger employee either family! Was there 2 plus years as a machine operator not many opportunities for advancement. Descent job right out of high school
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Pay rate
Competitive work place, very good teamworking skills.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 8, 2017
I worked in the distribution section. I was working in the returns. We made sure we had returned each movie to its location or created a new location for our movies. I worked on the assembly line and I hadon't to make sure that the quality of each movie that I packaged was excellent and also had to make sure we packaged the correct movie.
Pros
Team work, leadership, ability to learn and train
Cons
Poor communication