Cintas Employee Reviews in United States

Easy work/life balance, good atmosphere, pleasant work environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2016
My day consists of checking and replying to emails, printing aging report and call customers with past due balances. Arrange to have drivers pick up past due payments, or process payments via credit card or check by phone. Resolve any invoices discrepancies, shortages, pricing issues by first reaching out to the drivers to ask if they are aware of any issues with products at time of delivery, then advising Service Managers for approval of credit. Receive approval from General Manager and Service Manager on those accounts that are sent to collections, submit adjustments for write offs and bad debt. Also post cash on a biweekly basis. I have had more hands on experience, which has allowed me to key credits, apply cash and unapplied monies. Management is very helpful, and takes time to explain in detail reasons for credits, or pulling or product due to non payment and pricing. The hardest part of the job is having to pull the customer products due to non payment. The most enjoyable part of the job, is building a rapport with the customers and fellow co-workers which helps make my daily task go smoothly.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short lunch break
Productive, busy work week
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Bedford, VAMay 21, 2016
Great company to work for, Physical work, 4 day work week, Great Benefits, Great Management. New expansion and facility. There's always something to do here at Cintas
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Working in outside weather conditions all year around
co-workers
General Manager First Aid and Safety (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2016
Great co-workers
Would highly recomend Cintas' services. Partners work hard. The company is certainly "top heavy" in compensation.
Age discrimination
SSR (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 17, 2016
Cintas has great benefits and the salary is good overall. Hours are long. The only real issue I had with Cintas is that they hire all young people and end up with high turnover. They do not hire any older employees who are qualified/experienced and who would probably reduce the turnover rate.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Age discrimination in hiring practices
Successfull company with professional employees.
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 14, 2016
Excellent team oriented company with efficiency and success in mind. Excellent place for employees to continue to learn both standard and advanced levels of company procedures. Job advancement is the best I have seen within my 20 year past with multiple large corporations. Cintas highly encourages the success of each and every employee with goal minded reviews yearly. Cost of living pay raises are also satisfactory.
Pros
Paid lunches, clean work environment.
Cons
Future compensation package undefined/hidden.
Fun environment but very professional
Lead Senior AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work for me would start by checking my voicemails to see if customers called in to pay invoices or have questions on their account. Afterwards, I would check my emails for customer communication along with credit applications from the service reps or GM. If I have applications, I submit to our credit research team and wait for feedback on the new companies credit back ground. I proceed afterwards. The remaining day is spent helping my team of 16, calling/ collecting on accounts, and doing cash applications for unapplied funds.

I have learned a bunch from this great company, from doing cash applications and everything involved with being a true AR coordinator. The environment for new managers is very positive and there's always room for growth in that department of the company. My co-workers are pretty awesome, I know everyone that works at the AR center so it's a good family type environment. The hardest part of my job I would say is being a team lead under a new supervisor. The work load is just a bit much for a full time college student like myself. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the family atmosphere and my awesome working partners.
Pros
cancer awarness activites and community outtings.
Cons
vacation and sick time, pay
Great Culture
GENERAL MANAGER - DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILMay 10, 2016
This is the place where I learned to be a manager. It was really nice to develop under great leadership. The company values hard work and its good to know there are companies out there that value that.
Pros
leadership
Cons
hours
Structured company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
Company is great if one is looking to understand how organization works in corporate america. Very structured organization and have not changed its policies and procedures for the last 10 years. Company believes in its shareholders first not their employees and certainly not their customers
Pros
Fun environment minus its management.
Cons
Too structured in its way, not about how much you succeed but who is standing in your corner when promotion is revelent
Great team of guys all focused on getting the job done
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2016
Coming in early, we would get our job or jobs for the day, set up our work truck, and head to our work destination. I learned floor cleaning skills like cleaning tile and carpet floors, as well as concrete and stripping and waxing. Management was great, easy to talk to, and very understanding. My coworkers were excellent. Everyone had the same mindset coming to work, coming in on time, work safely, and lets all get home to our families. Hardest part of the job was not being able to complete a job to the customers understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding expectations.
Pros
Freedom to do your job
Cons
Long drives and days
Company philosophy doesn't match company culture.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
This company is not for everyone. It is designed for profits only and doesn't consider building customer relationships. The brief time there was very unstable with management and employee personnel and the company philosophy didn't match my moral obligations. I was instructed to manipulate customer invoices and contracts for the company to protect revenue.
Pros
Four day work week.
Cons
General manager set a bad tone for location.
I enjoyed working for Cintas
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 9, 2016
I have learned how to value and manage my time. The hardest past about the job was to make what i expected to do from you within a short period of time.
They really care about their employees
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 9, 2016
Cintas shows that they truly care for their employees, and that want to see you succeed. I enjoy my co-workers very much, it is a team oriented location.
Cintas was a good place to work - I enjoyed my time there.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 5, 2016
Cintas was a great company. I did collections, so a typical day consisted of phone calls, faxes, emails, etc. getting in touch with past due accounts to make payment arrangements. I have good co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was hearing reasons why people were unable to pay all day. The most enjoyable part was helping customers that were trying to get caught up and seeing the accounts receivable percentages due going down through out the month.
Pros
Great feeling of being on a team & good benefits
Cons
Collections.
Fast paced, high demand workplace
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 5, 2016
I am responsible for second shift operations. I am most proud of the lack of turnover in the highest turnover shift. I attribute this to my management style and the honest care I have for my employees.
Corporate Culture
Sales Service Representative Captain (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
Good company to work for, Very process driven. Very Corporate Culture based. Great benefits. Continuous and ongoing training. Growth is primary objective
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult to maintain work life balance
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2016
Management is not very resourceful. Have to rely on vets to help you out. best part about running route if you are a driver. Faster you work faster you'll get done. Hardest part of the job is getting 5 year contracts with minimal help from managers.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
It was a ok place to work
Drive salesman (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2016
I drove truck and made delivery and pick up of laundry.
I had a great management
great co-workers
the job was not bad at all
I made a lot of friends within the company and with my customers
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
the heath care was not to good when I was there
cool
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYApril 27, 2016
very hard work, a good place to advance your career. expect to get dirty, smelly, but youll make good money. apply and youll be glad you did i bet you
Skipper job pays horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 26, 2016
The mobile branch has unfair supervisors who pick favorites. No help from route mangers(kp)and the salesman do not work well with route drivers
Pros
No supervisor on your back
Cons
Bad pay and no help from managment
Excellent Corporate Culture
Service Supervisor and Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 19, 2016
Cintas has an excellent corporate culture and benefits program. Their pay is slightly below industry standard for management positions. You will receive a lot of opportunities for training and career development depending on your managers. The work life balance is not very great and you will have some long hours. 10 - 12 hour days are the norm. There is plenty of room for advancement, which is awarded based on performance and not seniority.
Pros
Corporate culture, Benefits
Cons
Work life balance, lower pay per industry