Cintas

Cintas Employee Reviews

Production
Folder (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2015
This job made me build speed and how to work in different climate controls. I enjoyed working at this company I just wish that I could have had the opportunity to move up.
Dead End Depressing Job
Bulk Folder/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule Mon-Fri, Weekends off.
Cons: Poor management, low pay, bad company culture.
A typical day at work began at 5:30am until 2pm Monday through Friday. I worked there for almost two full years and there was really nothing good about the job in all honesty, besides the work schedule and weekly pay. There are a total of three shifts. I worked first shift, hence an early start and end to the day with weekends off. When i was first employed at Cintas I was a bulk folder. For eight hours each day, i folded bundles of towels. Not exciting or enjoyable whatsoever. Big carts of towels would be dumped in front of you on a table and you folded bundles of towels as fast as you could to reach your numbers because you were on incentive. All Cintas cares about is numbers. Most of the time the towels that needed to be folded weren't even clean, soaking wet, or torn to bits. Extremely unsanitary because these towels were coming from hospitals with god knows what type of germs on them. Cintas also offers room for "career advancement." Basically, if there is a job opening you would apply or tell your supervisor for consideration. If you got the new job it was considered a "promotion." Most of the time management would make you feel like you were getting the new job/"promotion" only to announce it to someone else making you feel confused and let down. My second job at Cintas after a "promotion" was quality assurance. I enjoyed it a little more than folding but it was still extremely hard labor for low pay. Initially, i worked with a "partner" (Cinta's version of coworker). After a few months she was "promoted" to a new position. I was left alone to scan and inspect enough – more... garments to fill up three semi-trucks daily, within a scheduled time frame. To my dismay they never hired a second person to replace my partner. I was left alone for a year doing a two man job without any consideration or offer of a pay raise, which was extremely unfair because every shift that worked in quality assurance had two people working together. Management walks around dictating everything and clueless if anything in the plant stops working or goes wrong. Management does massive layoffs right before the holidays because they "do not like someone." Partners as well as management were extremely nosey about other people's personal lives, creating inaccurate gossip and rumors until eventually random partners from other shifts, as well as management, would come up and ask to confirm if what they heard was valid. Corporate would visit the plant occasionally to see how the plant was doing in their numbers or to fire someone, and it was the only time management ever wanted to work or deep clean the plant. The plant was filthy, bathrooms were always disgusting. Overall, Cintas is a horrible place to work. Hard labor, extremely low pay, bad work environment/culture, high turn-over rates, gossip/rumors about EVERYONE. Little to no room for advancement or pay raise. Cintas claims they have family values which is entirely false. All Cintas cares about is making their numbers. You are just a number working there and you can easily be replaced by a foreigner who barely speaks English. – less
loader/unloader
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2015
I like that I don't work on weekends even though management tries to say that its mandatory. The pay for my experience is very poor.
Utility (Current Employee), AmarilloAugust 22, 2015
It's an ok place to work, just needs to give seasoned employees better pay and way better raises for all the hard work they do.
A GREAT Place to Work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (SAP Trained) (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 21, 2015
It's a family type of environment. The pay could go up a few dollars for all of the work you do but it's still a great entry level job.
d
Utility Processor (Current Employee), baton rougeAugust 20, 2015
cintas is a job that is for someone who will take anything and are looking to stay at the same position for the rest of their lives
Warehouse for industrial dry cleaning
Production Lead (Former Employee), Branford, CTAugust 20, 2015
For a lot of the workers, English was not their first language so it was just difficult to communicate with each other. Other than that, there was a good atmosphere, we had holiday parties on site for each holiday, and everyone was friendly.
productive
DMS Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 20, 2015
A great place of business. Great managment that plays a professional role. co-workers go above and beyond to assist if you are needing help with anything. Great opportunities
Place is extremely hot
N/a (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: Advancement, pay, management
This company lies. You will not advance,pay sucks,manager talks to you like you dumb and slow . They will promise you they like to promote within BIG LIE don't get caught up in the lies that cintas sell.
retail seamstress (Current Employee), chicago,ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: none
It's a great place to work! The coworkers are friendly! 401k is also a great benefit to have! The setting is great! The store is bust every week. Many professionals come here to shop for their uniforms!
N/A
Service Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: weekends off, 6 major holidays, advancement
Cons: N/A
good atomsphere, good place, good managers, vacation, good hours, medical, dental, 401K, vision, good team, good people
Great Company
Wash Floor Operator (Current Employee), Solon, OHAugust 17, 2015
Cintas is a good work place and they have great management . They are always focus on quality and quantity. I enjoy working here. I like my job, My job is very simple Wash Floor operator. My co-workers here are great. But the pay rate here can be a little better. Their raises are very poor and the distance is kind of far.
Great place and great people
Hard Copy Specialist (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHAugust 16, 2015
Pros: great people and great compensation package
Cons: none
A typical day at Cintas was order pulling and more order pulling. I really enjoyed my fellow employees, they were awesome people.
Great company to work for if you love a fast paste
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunity with paid training for the individual the success and continue growing
Cons: Work load can be overwhelming without the help of the next team member
I loved working for this company. working with 70 plus employees can be difficult only if the company does not have a solid guide with good culture and values,this guides the individual to what is expected from them as part of the family. This company has a solid and well written company culture that makes the environment work with us and not against us, we reviewed corporate values on the daily basis to ensure we didn't forget that we were not here just to work but to take care of each other as we do at home with our own family.
Good company based on location.
SSR (Former Employee), Frankfort INAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Job security. Potential good pay. Good customers if you do your job. Great partners!
Cons: Loooonnngggg hrs. Sometimes felt unappreciated. Communication deficit at my location
My experience with Cintas was actually pretty good. My only issue is with the new managers coming in being so dead set on corporate policies. It's frustrating that instead of someone who knows the business back and forward, someone off the street gets hired as a service manager because he has a degree. Great company honestly but some locations....like the one here in Frankfort IN has changed dramatically. I'm not gonna go overboard and diss the company all together like some people but it seems that in recent years quality has changed alot.
Good stock to own
National Accounts Regional Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Enormous challenge and creativity needed
Cons: Time it took for economy to recover
Typical day consisted of traveling throughout southeast working with National Account reps calling on hospitality, health care, resort and airline business. Unfortunately, 911 happened within weeks after moving to Atlanta for this position and had devastating affects on our core business segments. Most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge it presented and finding ways to overcome them. Most difficult part was the economic times.
production
production (Current Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 40 hours job.
Cons: everything you can imagine, THE WORST PLACE YOU CAN WORK FOR.
cintas is the worst job i have ever had, not only they lie to you, telling you there are opportunities for advancement, that is completely false, unless u are already part of their management team, you are not going nowhere here, plant employees get the worst benefits, vacations and salary, yearly reviews are a joke, can go anywhere from zero cents and up to 20 cents, service team get a better deal , better pay, and plant employee dont get nothing but peanuts. simple as that, management is corrupt, hr manager and the rest of the management work together so employees dont get anything. work in a place where they expect a lot from you, but than all of their equipment doesnt work, they break down every single day, they dont care about fixing them, its not safety and could get hurt while working under those conditions. and they dont hire enough people , the job the 4 people are suppose to do, only 2 people have to struggle to do it,
Excellent
Technician - Portable and Pre - Engineered (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2015
Hard working in Safety Industry who excels in maintenance troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.Hands on Professional with twelve years experience in the areas of occupational safety and health management, construction / emergency management services, safety prevention programs, and worker’s compensation claims management.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: On the road
Cons: Pay
Driving for miles gets pretty boring but it is a pretty laid back job. Being independent with no one to answer to while on the road is great. You have one on one interactions with your customer. You solve the issues that the customer has and relate it back to your supervisor so that it won't happen again.
Steady job, honest, hard work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Good, physical work, boss was flexible with schedule changes.
Cons: Management issues, lots of things were out of our control.
It was a great place to work if you like loading trucks and moving fast. Always something to do and it was pretty easy once you got the hang of it Certain aspects of management seemed almost non-existent, however. Our production crew was solid.
Headquarters