Cintas

Cintas Employer Reviews

Big company with good support
Style Consultant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Juggernaut of the industry - good support for personnel.

Too large to move quickly and change/adapt to the market.

Great compensation and benefits... commission compensation needed to be fixed.
Salaried position with hours dictated by direct supervisor.
Service Sales Representative (SSR) (Former Employee), Maumelle, ARFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great health insurance & vacation
Cons: pay, hours, workload, lagging competitors, management
I worked in the First Aid & Safety division, so I cannot speak to other areas. Hours were between 50-60 per week. A lot of this time was spent driving as we covered much of the state of Arkansas. A large part of pay was commission-based, so the more you spent driving the less you made in the long run.

Your direct supervisor can make or break this job as they have a lot of autonomy, Upper Management seems confused as to the direction they want to take this division since it split off as a separate cost center. They are trying to make the division profitable by pushing high margin products in the name of convenience.

It's hard to compete on the convenience front when it takes almost 2 weeks on average to research, price, relay information, and then finally order said product. Sometimes it may be a month or two before the customer could receive the items they were requesting and paying a premium for. If customers did a little research then most of them realized that they could get it cheaper and faster somewhere else. If you did price match then you shot yourself in the foot commission-wise.

I felt like I was in a canoe without a paddle and someone from the shore was telling me I needed to go upstream. Either you can go with the flow or get out and swim for the shore. You can guess what I did...
A professional atmosphere
Sales Representative - Uniform (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYFebruary 24, 2015
A typical work day consist of reviewing all clients orders and ensuring that all products ordered are ready to be delivered. Also, learn about new products to offer our existing and new clients.
I enjoyed the time I worked at Cintas
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: close to home. working monday-friday.
Cons: one team member cursed too much.
A typical day was contacting delinquent customers via phone to secure payment. Management was excellent to work with.
Great culture but long hours
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Four day work weeks but usually last 12+ hours a day. Work alone for the majority of the day, consistently shorted products you need to effectively run a route.
Management against partner
administration (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: management mentality
I was excited to work at this job until I realized that management abuse their power, have no integrity or confidentiality. The people there are AWSOME but because of the lack of integrity and respect management doesnt seem to possess its difficult to remain excited. Be warned the San Leandro location is NOT the one you want to work at. I quit and went back to my old job. Maybe if policies were enforced for everyone it would be a better environment to work at
Too strict
Garment Processer (Former Employee), Grayson, KYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: pay, strict policies, rude management
Was terminated for missing work for doctor appointments. Wasn't aware that if you miss more than 24 hours of work in a 90 day period for ANY reason you will be fired. The job itself wasn't too bad. Alot of room for error. If you have more than 2 errors within a certain amount of time you will be fired. Alot of turnover at cintas, everyone getting fired for ridiculous reasons. Started out making 8.85 per hour as a garment processer.
""Horrible"""
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Marianna, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee in breakroom
Cons: you don't get breaks, so no coffee
Was hired for a route with 10+yrs experience, and was put loading trucks for two months, then a super route for 6 months. Both were horrible work, and they will try to pump you up to do it. Too many lies about what you are going to make and a good old boy system of who they like and want to promote.
People persons dream
SSR (Current Employee), New orleans, LAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: self management
Cons: sometimes long hours
Average to long hours, depending on job and/or route, many customer interactions and challenges.

Always a chance to hone customer service skills.

Co-workers are a treat, when you get to see them. Based on daily routes, sometimes you do not see some for days, even weeks, but most of the people that work here are a delight to know.

Time management is always the hardest part of the job. Things happen in the real world during routes that encourage you to fine tune your time with customers for daily job completion.

The absolute best part of this job is the freedom of being out of the office and managing yourself. It is a wonderful feeling of freedom and self accomplishment.
Sorry Folks This isn't it
Order Fullfillment (Former Employee), Bedford Park, IllinoisFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything that could be wrong with a job, managers, organization
To many negatives to name but if you are not salaried and if you are thinking of working in customer service, order fulfillment or the distribution center, please reconsider unless this is your very last hope. The depts. that I named is ran with a communist approach, it's a degrading and border like sweat shop environment. One lady who I sat next to that has worked their for 10 years in the customer service dept said that working here is a slow death. When I started feeling like that was true, I had to go.Consider yourself waned.
They want you to give the customers great service but we are always short products.
Driver Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dolton, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you meet a lot of very good people.
Cons: always short the products you need to service the customers 100 percent.
I work with a lot of great people but our management is out of touch about the different aspects of our job.
The best boss I have ever worked for
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: able to learn a number of new skills
Cons: heavy lifting
Having this experience really changed my life. I learned so many new skills that I can take with me and enjoyed the over all atmosphere the manager of this project provided.
Cintas promotes from the good ol boy mentality. Long hours...and they want you to get numbers by any means necessary.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: independence
Cons: credit memos..long hours..
Cintas issues credit memos when Customers fail to pay. It's a joke that they take money away from you. That was the worst part of the job. Freedom was great..but again the credit memos sucked. Management wanted those numbers by any means necessary. ...
It was a great company to work for and offer great benefits to it's partners.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: the ability for career advancement
Cons: pay was below what other companies offer
I had the great pleasure of advancing in the company which gave me the opportunity to learn other responsibilities which I loved the most.
Flexible work schedule; heavy in micromanagement
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: micromanagement; inconsistent leadership
Operate and manage your own route on a daily basis. Learn on the job through working with others in your position as well as learning as you go. A flexible yet inconsistent training period before taking over your own route. Aside from the initial training period you will scarcely work with your "co-workers." Mainly deal with the management team assigned to you. The hardest part of the job is balancing corporate standards as well and the wants and needs of your customers without tarnishing the current relationship between them. The best part of the job is the flexible work schedule (4 day work weeks).
Cintas
Accomplished HSE Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Worked as a safety and health coordinator for over three years. Cintas was an excellent company to work for with great benefits.
Very Spartan
Facility Services Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: plenty of incentives to meet goals
Cons: company can be penny wise and pound foolish
Company is know for being very spartan, also known as cheap. Demands long hours and weekend work from management. Best job at company is probably being a SSR, the person that makes deliveries in the truck. Working in the plant is a low skill and low paying manual labor job. Sales can be lucrative, but demanding with weekly sales goals.
Heavy phone and customer service skills needed for this fast paced office with international rental company.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: comparable benefits package.
Cons: high expectations, low accountability outside the immediate office.
· Regularly performs management level responsibilities, including mentoring
· Resolves complicated longtime disputes and delinquent accounts
· Monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
· Investigates and resolves customer queries
· Consistently exceeds A/R quotas
· Demonstrates ability to implement business math, analyze financial data, and make accurate calculations and projections
· Demonstrates excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Maintains regular contact with other departments, vendors and customers to obtain and convey important, time-sensitive information.
· Prepares multiple, timely and accurate reports on a weekly basis
· Was selected as the single point contact for high profile clients including large hospital accounts and a worldwide connection security company
· Analyzes and interprets contracts and invoices to ensure accurate billing
· Ensures proper cash receipt allocations. Identifies and successfully resolves short pays, over payments and denials
· Strictly observes A/R policies regarding record retention, securing credit card and banking information while maintaining customer account confidentiality
good company
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
good place to work
great learning environment
good training
good culture
good employees
Company loves to promote from within
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: promotion opportunities, great benefits
Cons: long hours, low pay
Overall I would say Cintas is a great company to start your career with if you're a recent college graduate. They love to promote individuals from within the company. However, with promotion and opportunity, comes long long hours, a ton of responsibility for one person to handle/manage, and low pay. Management is constantly changing so it's hard to continue proving your worth, when you have to prove yourself to a new manager nearly every year. Great place to improve your resume, but not a great place to finish/sustain your career.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cintas

Businesses, large and small, trust us to handle their uniform, facility services, first aid & safety, fire protection, and – Read more