Cintas Employee Reviews

Extreme Micro Mgt, No job security, un-ethical sales people
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 25, 2014
I discovered I was the 5th rep in my territory in as many years. I'm finding that most reps typically last 1 year. The first 3-4 months are training. Then you have a few months to become successful or you are put on a performance improvement plan. The territories, and reps that are successful are generally in busier territories with new restaurants constantly opening, and also constantly fed hot leads. Sometimes just a matter of luck! These reps can do well if you're fortunate to land in one of these busy territories. They are few and far between. I worked long hours, and I made tons of phone calls during phone block begging people to meet with me in order to meet the required "16 New" appointments per week, make 50 cold calls/week, fill out report after report, and come up short on sales numbers. I have been in sales for 12 years. 1 with Cintas, and this is the first time I have never made the required number. It's also the hardest I've ever worked for such low pay. I was told I'd make 75k first year, and over 100 second year. I think only a handful of the several hundred reps make that much.None that I met. Those are the busier territories i'm referring to. The sales numbers are highly un-realistic for most territories which is why turnover is so high. These arent bad sales people! It's the system at Cintas! It's very old school sales. It's what I imagined a used car salesman to be like. I'd say they are pretty similar. I'd say this is a decent place if you're right out of school, or a 1st time sales person trying to get the required sales experience needed to move on to a  more... better company but this isn't the place you stay longer than 1 year. The co-workers are really nice people, but they feel extraordinary amount of pressure. Most are extremely unhealthy, and destined for heart attacks due to the extreme amount of stress placed upon them. I see many of them eat poorly, miss exercise in favor of 60 hour plus work weeks, and drink heavily. Mostly due to stress of the job. many 40 yr old with heart problems! No lie! I wish I could help them! I've also seen many un-ethical sales being done on their part and managements part in order to meet sales numbers. They will do whatever it takes to meet their number to keep their jobs. I've seen many hard working business people and restaurant owners being taken advantage of by Cintas sales reps. I don't think Cintas sales reps are bad people for it. I believe the system at Cintas puts that pressure on them to do whatever it takes. Kill or be killed without any regard for what you're doing to business owners. Management is extremely micro-managing. Report after Report after Report. You get the idea. It's suffocating to say the least. I get text messages on weekends, late at nights after 9pm asking about sales numbers, where I was, who I was with. It's overwhelming, and again probably due to the pressure placed on that manager. They are probably not bad people but keeping your job here is a job in itself. It's a torturous cycle that will result in many health problems for good people. There is also some kind of brainwashing going on here. People call it drinking the "kool-aid." You are told from day 1 that there is only one way that works. Only one way to success, and its the Cintas way, and you are to follow the Cintas Bible. There is no free thinking permitted here. If you are a free thinker with a strong mind, steer clear of this place. They love getting young people out of college so that they only think the 'Cintas way." It's bizarre! I am in no way bitter or upset. Just trying to give the most accurate analysis I can to sway people into another company if the option presents itself. If you have no other choice at the time, take the position and immediately start looking for something else in Medical Sales or Pharmaceutical Sales if you want to be in sales.  less
Pros
it's a temporary job, and opens your eyes that cintas is rock bottom!
Cons
micro-management, un-realistic sales numbers, un-ethical sales
Dead End Depressing Job
Bulk Folder/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work began at 5:30am until 2pm Monday through Friday. I worked there for almost two full years and there was really nothing good about the job in all honesty, besides the work schedule and weekly pay. There are a total of three shifts. I worked first shift, hence an early start and end to the day with weekends off. When i was first employed at Cintas I was a bulk folder. For eight hours each day, i folded bundles of towels. Not exciting or enjoyable whatsoever. Big carts of towels would be dumped in front of you on a table and you folded bundles of towels as fast as you could to reach your numbers because you were on incentive. All Cintas cares about is numbers. Most of the time the towels that needed to be folded weren't even clean, soaking wet, or torn to bits. Extremely unsanitary because these towels were coming from hospitals with god knows what type of germs on them. Cintas also offers room for "career advancement." Basically, if there is a job opening you would apply or tell your supervisor for consideration. If you got the new job it was considered a "promotion." Most of the time management would make you feel like you were getting the new job/"promotion" only to announce it to someone else making you feel confused and let down. My second job at Cintas after a "promotion" was quality assurance. I enjoyed it a little more than folding but it was still extremely hard labor for low pay. Initially, i worked with a "partner" (Cinta's version of coworker). After a few months she was "promoted" to a new position. I was left alone to scan and inspect enough  more... garments to fill up three semi-trucks daily, within a scheduled time frame. To my dismay they never hired a second person to replace my partner. I was left alone for a year doing a two man job without any consideration or offer of a pay raise, which was extremely unfair because every shift that worked in quality assurance had two people working together. Management walks around dictating everything and clueless if anything in the plant stops working or goes wrong. Management does massive layoffs right before the holidays because they "do not like someone." Partners as well as management were extremely nosey about other people's personal lives, creating inaccurate gossip and rumors until eventually random partners from other shifts, as well as management, would come up and ask to confirm if what they heard was valid. Corporate would visit the plant occasionally to see how the plant was doing in their numbers or to fire someone, and it was the only time management ever wanted to work or deep clean the plant. The plant was filthy, bathrooms were always disgusting. Overall, Cintas is a horrible place to work. Hard labor, extremely low pay, bad work environment/culture, high turn-over rates, gossip/rumors about EVERYONE. Little to no room for advancement or pay raise. Cintas claims they have family values which is entirely false. All Cintas cares about is making their numbers. You are just a number working there and you can easily be replaced by a foreigner who barely speaks English.  less
Pros
Work Schedule Mon-Fri, Weekends off.
Cons
Poor management, low pay, bad company culture.
Be prepared to get yours handed to you daily.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHAugust 15, 2012
This is from the perspective of a production supervisor:

First, there is nothing production about this job. They don't manufacture anything, I had to babysit the temps they would hire, had no say in any impacting decisions and ultimately just plugged holes for the workers that couldn't show up for work. Oh, and I had to be a security guard, emergency response team and maintenance worker just to keep the place running.

I gave this company two whole years of 110% solid effort which nearly always meant at least 70 hour work weeks (not including the inevitable saturday) performing grueling work. Always understaffed, every day was a nightmare logistically, and the work in the plant is tedious, monotonous labor for pennies. If you are looking at an hourly position, expect to make minimum wage and receive an annual pay increase of around $.20-.30. That's right, 30 cents an HOUR. After a YEAR.

The working conditions are brutal, at 25 years old I had to get prescription inserts for my shoes because my arches dropped from having to load or unload trucks for months (a job that I had no choice to perform because we seemed to never have enough staff for the job). If I didn't help while my workers were there, well then I had to finish it after they left. They don't pay overtime, but if you're salary...well you're in for it.

People die in this job, yet we are expected every day to "get the job done" and that usually means by putting our health in jeopardy. I was continually expected to stay after hours, alone, and run a wash floor. Protocol requires at least one other management type to
  more... be there. If they caught me running it alone, I'd be fired. If I didn't get things washed for the next day, I'd be written up and eventually fired. (which turns out to be how they push you out if they don't like you)

Management (Plant Manager, Manager Trainers, District GMs and others) treated me like I wasn't important to the company. I really wish I would have documented some of the things they said to my face when I asked for their help. No support. Zero chance for advancement as they groom only certain people for the important roles which they treat as stepping stones for future positions.

I think I was one of the few in management that anyone enjoyed working with simply because I didn't lie to my workers. Ultimately, upper management didn't like this and found a way to string a bunch of mundane, unimportant things to write me up for so they could document how poor of an employee I was before asking me to leave. They've done this to 4 others in my position since I finally had the sense to the get out of there.

Good luck and Godspeed. You're going to need it.
Pros
it's not digging your own grave.
Cons
but it feels like it.
Good 1st job but not a career
SSR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Management was upfront and truthful during the interview process. Early before dawn start time, long hours, dealing with dirty and contaminated uniforms, heavy lifting and working in hot or cold outdoors. You will do a ride-along before you get hired. ASK QUESTIONS & GET ANSWERS!!! Most drivers will refrain from negativity to avoid repercussions but be adamant and get them to be honest. Weigh out the hours, versus the labor versus the pay. Hey, times are tough and you need a job, right? But this place might be more of a downer as time goes on. Trucks never seem to be loaded properly; there are constant shortages which will put you behind when trying to leave for your route. The pay is generated from a base salary plus a percentage of what your route volume is. Obviously the harder routes make more money but you'll be working 40-50 hours in four days. Want 9-5? Keep looking. Average day starts at 5am. This is a 4 day work week with optional 5th day if management approves OT. SSR's are salary but yet are required to swipe a timecard??? Doesn’t make sense but somehow they get away with it. SSR's salary range from $35,000 to $70,000+ based on direct sales and promotions. You could bring home $300 one week and $1200 the next week (I made $40k my first year and worked my a** off). SSR's are expected to sell. If you’re looking to just do your route, no more no less, then you will be gone as they post results for everything. You are expected to "make seconds that count" and spend a few moments with decision makers, but yet you have to keep moving or you'll be out all night. If you lose  more... a customer, you lose revenue. But on the flipside if you submit a lead (3 per week) and the lead signs a contract, you get commission. Management is more into texts and emails than being hands on when it comes to helping in the mornings or on the routes. The SSR's range from seasoned (10+ years) to less than a year seniority. SSR's who generally make it past the first year, just get used to it. The seasoned SSR's keep to themselves and do their route and go home. They seem to be miserable and worn out but don’t have the drive or ambition to seek a better job; most think this is as good as it gets. The overall environment seems to be negative from the supervisors down to the people working in the plant. Hope this helps, just my opinion.  less
Pros
free uniforms, 4 day work weeks, weekends off, you control your day on route
Cons
back breaking work, long hours, paychecks not consistant
Route Driver
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2013
Horrible company. In a typical day, you reach the plant between 530 and 630 in the morning. Usually, your truck is not loaded and you are forced to do so yourself. The Plant is always short product and you are forced to try to make it back to customers later on in the week to service them if you could not service them on their delivery date.

Management is horrible. No one wants to help you. They sit on their butts all day crunching numbers, waiting for you to get back off route to tell you what you doing wrong. Won't assist you if you're in need of help.

The hold meetings. Ridiculous Meetings. 5 in the morning and in the afternoon after you get off route twice a week every week.

Salary is a joke, the pay plan seems to change every year. When I started, I was making 15.00 plus a 4 percent commission. When I left, the salary was 12.11/hour plus a 3.24 or 4 percent commission. If you want to know how much that is, it's about $400/week take home. If you want to get a bonus, which is about 400 extra a month, you have to re-sign customer to 5-year service agreements, which many customers refuse to sign because their prices are outrageous.

The hours are long. Some routes, the well established ones, having maybe 15 stops max on them finish fairly early, between 12 and 1 pm. The others, those having between 25 t 50 stops per day, finish between 4 and 6 pm.

There is no opportunity for advancement, unless you are a person with low ethical standards and even then they will hire externally versus internally.

There is a high turn-over rate. Before I left, about 15 drivers either quit,
  more... or were discharged.

Trucks are unsafe. Many of the vehicles don't have working horns, blinkers or lights. The tires are usually bald and many engines are in need of serious repair.

Work/Life Balance horrible. Most days, by the time I reached home my family was sleep and when I left in the morning they were sleep. And that extra day off that they brag about? Don't be fooled by it, you will use it for recovery.

Best part of the job: getting in my car and leaving the plant everyday.

I took a risk and quit. Couldn't do it anymore. If you are in desperate need of a job, be my guest and apply, if you aren't keep looking, there are better companies out here than this one to work for.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everthing
Apply Only if Desperate
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJuly 19, 2012
SSR / FS.
check inventory, deliver products to customer, return at the plant for check ins.
They thaught me that they can easily smile to your face and stab you the moment you turn around.
Co=workers are wonderful. A nice cozy family.
Management is as clueless as ever. (069)
Hardest parts are the long days and shortages due to the plant inefficiency.
Most enjoyable part of the day was meeting customers.
Promised compensation after 90 days that never happened. Management claims that they're still not sure about the comfort level with monthly accounts holder ( customer that you see once a month)as opposed to the ones you see once, sometimes twice weekly. While I've been running the route solo for over 2 months after my "training period".
Just a reason not to pay percentage on route volume.(Commission)
Also, they VERY seldom promote from within.
I remember when I was used as an example by the GM on my 4th day as to why I wouldn't be a good canditate for a supervisor position due to my lack of experience... Granted. Only to hire someone off the street 2 weeks later as a MANAGER. ( no previous experience whatsoever).
Nice gentleman though willing to bend backward to fix any problems you may encounter.
I knew then that you cannot take ANYTHING they say at face value.

STAY AWAY unless you're willing to be run over and would be ok with it.

Also, like most location in the country; turnovers are VERY high, due to low pay, poor management, and very high level of frustration from within
Pros
4 days work week, no week ends, be-friending new customers
Cons
management, poor pay, always coming up with a "good reason" why they can't pay you
RUN if you can-mgmt AWFUL at 319
Low end of totem pole (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 22, 2012
The company has NOT been able to get caught up in production for over 10 months now because of all the FIRINGS of good workers, all for their own personal favors even with all the extreme amount of overtime to only the people they favor.The GM "made" room for the "new" plant manager specificaly for that reason.Plant manager dosent know how to manage people.He addresses you as if you are beneath him and you should not respond back to him as if you were a child.They have people who have chronic health issues and they do NOT turn the air on to keep costs down.Had one collaspe and what do they do-they put them in an office chair and wheel them after 15-20 mins.to the break room.Dont accept a "gift"card because you will get TAXED on it.How sad is that! As for raises, forget it, you will be lucky to get .17 and that is on the high end.They only will hire college who dont know what they are doing or care to learn the whole operation.They will only ask for suggestion only to cover their "behind" so they can say that they asked you," what can happen to make it easier" so they will get credit for the idea.Now for people NOT getting fired our GM has on numerous occasions almost been fired but somehow dodges the bullet.The latest incident was him coming up behind a worker, picked her up, and was JUMPING UP AND DOWN in, as it was also stated for the so called "investigation", inappropriate behavior where she was also injured.As for the hardest part of the job, I would say getting out of bed knowing it will be 8 hours of managements fakeness.Remember to smile and make us believe it or your  more... gone;)  less
Cons
no job security!!!
work over load
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2014
arrive at 9:00 a.m. and gather all other available employees in a stretch and learn that was lead by me. Also this was also a process that was created by me and used by the other locations.
Read all e-mails and respond as needed.
Received all type of tasks that involved data entry from contract compliance to green belt tasks.
Audited and corrected accounts as necessary.
Complete task to GM, Service Managers, Service Supervisor, and Service Sales Representatives in a timely manner.

I learned that my voice carries and learn to control right away. Take calls with less personal and more business.

Management changed every two years or less which caused much delay and learning since all where outside hired and need to be trained by current employees but the knowledge of years did not get recognized.

My co-workers tried to be a team but since we where not allowed to socialize in the office it was hard to become a team. When first hired most of us where at lunch at same time. This was changed to where each employee had a different break time and lunch time. No processes to have us grow to a team.

Hardest part would be the only one other employees would go to.
I would train others on how to do things but since my sense of urgency and availability was better then most request would come often. This was hard due to the tasks that where before me that had to be completed and every interruption would slow process down

Most enjoyable was the type of business. Proud of what was available to customers and found that it was a viable product. Process and knowledge of all aspects and able
  more... to store and then train others on how to do it Enjoyed training others  less
Pros
good benefits, close to home
Cons
communication, team building
Beware
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 28, 2013
I worked for this company for about 6 months and it was horrible. I do not know if every location is the same but the location I worked at that does the shredding (J89) here is horrible. The General Manager smiles in your face and pretends to care about you but he is far from it none of the managers has actually done the work all were hired to manage so they dont know what its like to that work all day for 4 to 5 days a week. The supervisior over the shredding has no communication skills and is disliked by everybody. He has no leadership skills and expects everyone to work like a machine like him. This location is unorginized and they will work you till you cant take anymore; they dont beleive in you spending time with your family because they always dump more work on you unexpectedly especially because the trucks break down everyday and you're sitting in the hot sun waiting on the mechanic oh yea the a/c in the truck probably wont be working either. They also say you or off on the weekends but you may come to work and the supervisior that doesn't know how to communicate may just put your name down to work on a saturday for a shred day without telling you. They also take 30 minutes out of your pay everyday for lunch but you have so many stops to make that you cant take a lunch so basically you are working 30 minutes for free. The pay isn't worth the work they put you through thats why this location is constantly hiring because people get tired of it and quit or either find a better job. If you are desperate work here till you find something better but keep looking because you  more... will want to quit after a month like everybody else.  less
Pros
its a paycheck; benefits
Cons
a lot of work; low wages; horrible mangement; trucks don't work

Comment – March 4, 2013

stay away from this place.

Fun working enviroment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 20, 2012
A typical day was going to work and Unloading/loading 30+ trucks, I learned that this kind of job is extremely physically demanding and you must be willing to work hard at all times to gain the respect of your peers and fellow employees. You must give 110 percent at all times in this job because its swing shift from 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. but you cannot leave until all the trucks are unloaded and loaded because the next morning all the trucks have to leave and go deliver all the products so if it took you 15 hours to get done then thats how long you have to stay to finish. The management was ok they had two very young leads run the shop there which was not a very good idea because they picked the employees they liked and didnt make them work as hard as the employees they didnt like, I tried to tell management a couple times and it never really got fixed so I just minded my own business and worked hard at all times. A majority of my co-workers were very nice and some werent such as the leads of the company which they had alot of power to make alot of the co-workers rude to each other. The hardest part of the job was the whole job because we were unloading and loading 1000+ pounds of uniforms and garments each day and it is so physically demanding on your body that when you go home your whole body hurts so you have to stay in shape and eat right when working at this job. The most enjoyable part is that the management is very good about giving the employees free lunches alot of times, they have employee appreciation week where its a whole week of activities such as throw a pie in  more... your managers face day etc.  less
Pros
the pros was the employee appreciation week and free food
Cons
the cons were how physically demanding the job was and you didnt get compansated well enough
Too many hours and manual labor as an exempt employee.
Maintenance & Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2015
Worked as Maintenance Supervisor. First month I was rotated around working in every position for a day. I unloaded garments, went on routes, ran the wash alley, hung, sorted...Worked until 10pm many nights and was expected back in at 5am.Shortly afterwards I realized why. They expect the MS to fill in any position in the event of absence or turnover. After six months, safety was given to me. Was also responsible for safety for the location. All of the hourly workers, including my techs, were not allowed to have OT. If they had to stay over, or come in on the weekend, they had to take time off during the week, and I had to cover their shift during that time. There was also no call in minimum for coming in after normal shift. Had to cover shifts for my maintenance techs, and for other positions, and then expected to keep up with my administrative and paperwork duties. Got where I was working 12-15 days in a row, 60+ hr weeks as an exempt worker. Cintas culture thought this was normal for their management. 10-20% match for 401k. Management gets 1 week vacation after 6 months, and two weeks after a year. Hourly gets 1 week after a year. Health/Dental/Vision insurance is great and affordable. Uniforms are provided for free. Management is expected to be clean cut. Pay only .$0.30 per mile for travel or business related transportation. $50/month for personal cell phone usage for management.
Pros
decent compensation and good benefits
Cons
work to life balance terrible
Salaried position with hours dictated by direct supervisor.
Service Sales Representative (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in the First Aid & Safety division, so I cannot speak to other areas. Hours were between 50-60 per week. A lot of this time was spent driving as we covered much of the state of Arkansas. A large part of pay was commission-based, so the more you spent driving the less you made in the long run.

Your direct supervisor can make or break this job as they have a lot of autonomy, Upper Management seems confused as to the direction they want to take this division since it split off as a separate cost center. They are trying to make the division profitable by pushing high margin products in the name of convenience.

It's hard to compete on the convenience front when it takes almost 2 weeks on average to research, price, relay information, and then finally order said product. Sometimes it may be a month or two before the customer could receive the items they were requesting and paying a premium for. If customers did a little research then most of them realized that they could get it cheaper and faster somewhere else. If you did price match then you shot yourself in the foot commission-wise.

I felt like I was in a canoe without a paddle and someone from the shore was telling me I needed to go upstream. Either you can go with the flow or get out and swim for the shore. You can guess what I did...
Pros
great health insurance & vacation
Cons
pay, hours, workload, lagging competitors, management
Awful atmosphere, back stabbing with mgmt.
Production (Former Employee) –  Hammond,319June 26, 2012
Worked at 319 for over a decade and these personal favors cost many good people with 15 and 20 years their jobs. Their motto is "out with the old, in with the new" All they want now is collage kids but since the new change we went from #1 to almost dead last in about a months timeThey have went with a cheaper soap that dosent get the clothes clean. The garments smell awful and they dont buy American..People are so scared to say anything about safety violations that always go on for fear of losing their job.Never see lock out tag out,people on conveyor,people going in back without a key, management working on steam tunnel or conveyors or any machine without them being authorized personnel themselves and working on it with a hammer(no lock out tag out)They turn the tunnel full blast instead of what the company set.Absolutely no drug testing is being done on people who need it.We were told if the GM says Morning to you, you better say it back with a smile and mean it or you shouldnt be working there.The HR cannot even do the job unless it makes her look good or for "her people" that she protects.Have asked several times for assistance and was not helped adequately on any.MANY are looking for new employment before they get fired.They can and will fire you without a verbal, written, then final.This can go on and on.There is not any job security here.
Cons
to many personal favors given for career advancement
Enviornmental Protection
Safety Practitioner/ Wastewater Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 29, 2013
Being appointed to this environmental protection position inspired me to further my career and become a full-time EH&S professional. Responsibilities included but not limited to being the plant liaison for design and rebuild of more safe and complaint wastewater distribution systems and install safe work practices. This recommendation would require Cintas to maintain water-use data on at least a monthly basis, and to make that information available to TCEQ staff upon request. Water contamination findings in terms of fines ranged from $50 – $25,000. Basic steps to develop technically based local limits (TBLLs) were determining this included determine pollutants of concern, collect and analyze wastewater data, calculate maximum allowable loadings to the wastewater treatment plant, calculate maximum allowable industrial loadings, and allocate the resulting TBLLs according to parts per million gallons. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidance documents show how to complete each step. I would meet with the safety department three times per week to identify concerns associated with the newly appointed plant safety committee concerning inspections, equipment maintenance schedules, LOTO, and risk assessments. The safety committee would meet with client personnel guided by preformed safety walks throughout the plant to ensure compliance with project safety goal of “ZERO INCIDENTS, RECORDABLES OR HARM TO THE ENVIORNMENT.” This was accomplished to encourage training and retraining to reduce turnover.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
lack of training to become csst certified
Horrible management led to revolving door.
Service sales rep. (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, ohioApril 5, 2013
Management expected drivers to tell customers their prices were going up almost 5 times a year for the 6 years I was there. They do not care at all about employees and when someone does speak up they are asked to "see the manager" after the meeting instead of airing out the issue. There were many times when it would snow a lot and it would be a level 3 but we were expected to drive for them. If you didnt, no one would help you the next day so it was either drive in or work double day the next day with no help. GM was clueless and expected drivers to hide as much from customers as we could. When there was a union vote that did not pass every single person who voted yes was fired within the next 6 months for reasons like, "not hittting your numbers", which is absolute trash because out of 32 drivers there was 1 who was hitting his numbers and only because he had a massive account. I was fired because i forgot to have a customer sign an invoice for 4 dollars. The customer did sign my hand held device but that wasnt good enough for management because they believed I was one who voted yes for union. Joke is on them cause it wasnt me. My advice is to stay away from this company at ALL cost.
Pros
you get done with your day when you get done, sometimes 10 hours sometimes 6
Cons
management, pay structure changes all the time, dirty work, environment that breeds liars
Gilroy location former ssr
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 9, 2013
so anyone that says this job is a good one either one they have totally given up on themselves in finding a real job and are accepting the egg shell walk and control. my expereince here was horrible. training was limited, seemed my supervisor just wanted to find reasons to fire me rather than help me do better. i worked long hours doing hard work and trying hard as well. 14 to 16 hour days. co workers at the gilroy location for the most part were alllll unsatified and miserable and locked into cintas because of life. team members would snitch on each other to get ahead and be in managements favor. if you want this on your resume apply here but the gilroy location is not a good choice i did it!!! trust me.. its cool the first 4 months then they try to just control you. with phony meetings and phony managers. all robots almost like they could careless if u are alive or dead as long as your making them money. i was hired as a skipper and was suppose to get my own route as a driver and they had me doing sanis, carpet and tile etc.
Pros
weekly pay.. getting off early yet your scolded for that.
Cons
work life balance, poor management, work hours and work load, no life
Productive enviornment but lacked the possibilty of advancing.
Hard Copy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 17, 2013
A typical day at work was pretty busy. The phone call volume was huge. I was hired as a hard copy speciliast but, I often found myself filling in for just about every other position. The management was decent at best. It took a lot of surveys to begin a change in the mediocrity of the management. The communication between shift managers was horrible. No one really knew what was going on at any given time. The bad communication practices between shift managers caused problems quite often. The co-workers there were ok. I never had any major problems with them. The only problem was the lack of help from one another. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep up with the job I was hired for. The reason for that was the fact that I would fill in for customer service(answering calls and taking customer orders), vault specilaist(pull orders from the vault), and deliveries. It got to a point where I was barely in the warehouse(where I was hired to be). Sometimes, I would be on the road from shift start to shift end. Ocassionally, I would work past my shift time to ensure that the customers got everything they ordered before the close of their business day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the company functions. It afforded us an opportunity to see each other on a more personal level, outside of the hectic work environment.
benefits
Cons
more times than not, i didn't even get a chance to take a lunch.
poor management/ great pay
Service Sales Representative/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 4, 2015
I spent almost 1 1/2 years with them. It was better compared to what I've had in the past but poor management. I was a rout driver for the Sanis division of 14 months spent there( 1 of 3 drivers for Sanis). I had an unfortunate accident with my ankle back in February of 2015 and they kept me working despite my restrictions from the doctor. Pay is great if you can sell things like a sales rep can. If you enjoy talking to people then you may want to stay away. Then I became a custodian because my numbers were not the best. I learned a lot about my self while being here. Had some soul searching moments at times when I thought that I wouldn't make it to see another day. Some of my coworkers were not the best bunch of the company. I only had a coworker that was nice to me at the end of my employment. Hardest part of the job to me was, when management wants 20 different things done in less than hour when visitors are coming to tour our facility. The stress and anxiety come home with you at the end of it all! Not much room for advancement unless you have a trade skill/a college degree, or military background. Job security- NEVER a LAYOFF in the company's history!
Pros
benefits, pay, training every month, always work to be done
Cons
management, advancement
Employees not valued or respected, poor management
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAApril 27, 2015
What could be a great company and great job is NOT due to poor management. A typical day is labor intensive and demanding, however, with good customer relations it makes it easier. You are expected to do sales and service on a daily basis. There are salesman but they do very little after getting a company to sign a contract. The rest is on YOU. There is little room for growth in the company. Supervisors sit behind closed doors on a daily basis and take off of work very frequently to enjoy 3-5 day weekends. They are never available or willing to help, but instead always ready to turn their head in the opposite direction or point a finger when work needs to be done. There has been a very high turnover in the past couple years due to this, and as a result lots of new people on routes who are not well trained or effective. The hiring process itself is a downfall, causing the applicant to attend multiple interviews spread out among weeks and spending a day on a ride along only to find out later that they weren't chosen for the position. Base pay is low. You will rely on commission. Some people get off at 11am each day, but others are required to work until 5pm to correctly do their job. You can find better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
4 day work week, no weekends
Cons
long hours, poor management, not valued, no room for growth
Good job that pays good and GREAT schedule.
Service Sales Representative(Route Driver) (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 16, 2015
As a Service Sales Rep(Driver), you have a set route with weekly, bi weekly, and monthly customers servicing various industries such as auto body/mechanic repair, pharmecutical, restaurant/hospitality, power/utilities, machinery, etc. Responsible for delivery of clean uniforms/floor mats/linens and pick up of the same items. Also deliver hygiene products such as paper towels/toilet paper, hand soap/sanitizer, cleaning products, etc.

Also have to be a salesman to upsell current services, sell items out of a catalog, and give sales lead to sales department, which is all paid by commission and can be stressful if you dont meet your sales goals/incentives.

Plus renew service agreements, assist accounts receivable in collecting monies, apply credits to current invoices if necessary using a handheld route computer.

Weekly pay is base+commission if you have your own route, but hourly when you first start or work as a route replacement(fill in when regular driver is out sick or on vacation)

Oh, and you cant wear a beard unless its a medical excuse
Pros
4 day work week, good base pay and potential to make more through sales commission, benefits, ability to transfer out of state
Cons
Unpredictable hours, sales/numbers driven, high stress, no facial hair allowed